[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make the first 3 new Star Wars movies soft reboots of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>make the first 3 new Star Wars movies soft reboots of the original trilogy

Was it a corporate discussion or are reboots really want people want?
>>
>>85202337
Very much a corporate decision, as it was the safest bet for the Mouse to make its money back. They aren't in the business of making risky movies, they want money makers.
>>
Except the hero is a badass mary sue already and the villain is a pussy emo kid
>>
It was a corporate decision, JJ carefully analyzed media/internet commentary and came to the conclusion that people didn't want story, they wanted nostalgia. This is the core reason why the prequels failed with the masses, the bad acting/dialog/some awkward shit were all symptoms of the simple fact that it didn't feel the same as the OT and was in fact too story-driven.

Thus Disney had Abrams cut the concept of advancing the story of the SW galaxy in favor of retelling Episode 4 with lots of winks/nods/nostalgia to the OT
>>
>>85202337
It was a corporate decision and it is what people wanted. TFA is disliked on 4chan and a circle of hardcore SW fans, but the masses very much love it and it's popular to say it was the best one ever.
>>
>>85202380
Star Wars prints money though and Disney has trillions to fall back on
>>
>>85202380
I really hope this backfires.
>>
>>85202424
>it's popular to say it was the best one ever

there are people who believe this?
>>
>>85202440
Oversaturation could backfire if they plan on making some spinoff every year
>>
>>85202429
Which they want to use only if some of their not so big brand expansions experiments fail. Star Wars they bought only to make money of, not to experiment with.
>>
>>85202468
It's popular to believe you can be whatever gender you want, this is nothing.
>>
>>85202380
I don't think it was the safest way, I think it's the laziest way. Kathleen Kennedy hired talentless hacks who obey her like lapdogs. You can tell she's a control freak because all the 3 movies have huge production problems. She believes they don't need to make good movies, they only need to market them to a very large audience
>>
>>85202337
>>85202337
It's a money decision, because they know most people have the critical thinking ability of a thimble and will watch anything with the right brand.

>watching kid movies
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.