[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know, I actually didn't mind this movie. Having watched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: ghostintheshell.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ghostintheshell.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
You know, I actually didn't mind this movie.

Having watched the original and thinking it was pretty alright, this adaption wasn't nearly as bad as people are saying it was. The acting wasn't terrible, the world design itself was awesome (albeit pretty much spoonfed from the original), and the story didn't too bad a job being entertaining and dropping a lot of the philosophical aspects from the original (pandering to a wider audience, no doubt).

It oddly resonated with me for awhile, just sort a reminder to why my own reality is pretty shit in comparison. That world would be an interesting one to live in.

Anyways, GOTS general?
>>
if you judge movies at face value and are a pleb sure, i've got no time for cashgrabs
>>
>>85196515

>implying anybody pays for movies nowadays
>>
>tfw when you'll never have major scarlett as your gf

though she seemed like a total aspie throughout the film it's probably the hottest role ive seen her in
>>
File: 1486883221378.jpg (437KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1486883221378.jpg
437KB, 2560x1440px
>>85196412
I don't think it was bad. Normies complain about the whitewashing without knowing why it affected the movie. The truth is, the changes to the story is what robbed it a lot of its message. For example, Major's decision to avoid meshing with the 'villain' because she values her independence is a very American ideal and seems jarring to its buildup.
>>
movie was fine, i wish ost were somewhat memorable

>>85197189
by far worst tv show i ever saw.
>>
>>85197279
I respect that you have an opinion different than mine. No one thing is going to please everyone.
>>
>>85196412
>Ghost's Hell
Oh wow someone made a biography about my life.
>>
>>85197189

They definitely simplified the absolute shit out of it, but I don't feel like it detracted all that much. The refusal to mesh with the villain was definitely a bit jarring though, I'll give you that. It left it with such a generic "good feeling" type of ending.
>>
>>85196412
No this movie was complete horseshit, world building was retarded, dude holograms everywhere lmao! Major's history being a main plot was a mistake, why would they bother taking scenes shot for shot from the original only to butcher them and make lines lose their weight and context. The entire puppet master thing gone and ruined which then makes scenes like the garbage driver scene and water fight meaningless. Major diving into the water was another ruined scene, look the entire movie was garbage I could go on all day.
>>
>>85196412
Garbage.

Plain and simple.

Fuck you.
>>
>>85196412
You are a pleb.
You have a shit taste.
This movie shit.
They change interesting ideas of the original into another brainless shlock.
>>
>>85199920
This

Also it just had too much exposition. But than again it's made for 'Murica. All though, it gave me feels similar to when I was watching the original.

All in all it's a good, great at moments, movie and I'm pleasantly surprised considering it could have been a shitshow in number of ways.
>>
File: ghost in the shell 1995 2017.jpg (3MB, 1000x4045px) Image search: [Google]
ghost in the shell 1995 2017.jpg
3MB, 1000x4045px
>>85196412
Everything about this movie is mediocre (yes, even the visuals)
>>
>>85196412
fuck (you)
>>
>>85196412
yes I also like when hollywood rapes movies for quick cash
>>
>>85196412
It's not nearly as bad as it could have been and the special effects carry it
It's got nothing on the 1995 film though, absolutely nothing.
>>
It was pretty good. I enjoyed the 1995 movie less.
>>
>whitewash asian characters

>keep asians as villains

what did white haolewood propaganda mean by this?
>>
>>85202497
The villain is a white male.
>>
I liked it.

>>85197189
>because she values her independence
That wasn't it at all. She spent most of the movie having an existential crisis. Reconnecting with her past, and her mother, made her realize there could still be a place for her among other people.
>>
>>85202632
Also, some of the acting was a little hammy but not enough to ruin the movie for me.

Batou and Aramaki were cool.
>>
>>85202632
>That wasn't it at all. She spent most of the movie having an existential crisis. Reconnecting with her past, and her mother, made her realize there could still be a place for her among other people.

It doesn't matter what the reason is. That change kills the whole premise to be about saccharine hollywood bullshut.

It makes it generic and uninteresting.
>>
>>85202778
>generic
Pls post more movies about androids clinging onto their humanity. 10 will do.
>>
Never seen the original outside of snippets on toonami.
Downloaded a good copy off a private tracker, just hoping the visuals are good.
>>
Speedracer worked because there wasn't any drama over any of that whitewash drama as the characters ethnicity is ambiguous.

Edge of Tomorrow (ie All You Need Is Kill) worked because it's fucking unknown, so such a degree they even renamed it something else. plus the power armors were cooler, as opposed to the Halo-spartans in the manga.

GotS is too well known. That alone could have created word-of mouth buzz, but that got fucked over quickly with general confusion as to why the race change and how does it even work.

And for it being an imitation, whatever changes done were almost non-sensical (dude killing himself with the neck restraint, villain, etc).
Lotta honkies too. That was talked about a lot before even seeing it, so of course you're going to look for it, and it certainly pops up a lot. It turns out brainwashing an asian chick into a white chick and then leaving her in asiatown is gonna make her wonder why she is so familiar with asia town and not whatever honkyville she supposedly came from.

You're honestly better off just watching the original anime movie, because this new movie was just a lackluster imitation of the original.
>>
File: 1491727517414.png (73KB, 752x641px) Image search: [Google]
1491727517414.png
73KB, 752x641px
>You're a Ghost in the Shell, Major
>>
>>85201733
watch cartoons then
>>
File: 099174132.png (992KB, 1182x900px) Image search: [Google]
099174132.png
992KB, 1182x900px
>>85197189
Why did the villain need to take out major in order to make more Ghost in The Shell's™ anyway? Shit was stupid.
>>
File: 1289419416592.jpg (36KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1289419416592.jpg
36KB, 180x200px
>>85202472

pretty much this. the new movie was better.
>>
can't wait for the blu ray, i missed the theatrical release like an idiot.
>>
Le test
>>
>>85196412

scarjo can't act and definitely can't do action
effects looked shit
every good idea was copied direct from anime, poorly
story was idiotic

Pile of shit that should never have existed
>>
There's 2 ways to think about it: "there's this ok movie that happens to be the adaptation of one of the greatest anime films of all time" and "there's this awful adaptation of one of the greatest anime films of all time".

Plot-wise, it is completely understandable what they did, even if it was made in Japan it'd have made sense, Japanese film industry does the same, proof is that only in Japan it made several times more than the original adjusted for inflation (although it probably also has a lot to do with its rating and having Hollywood actors play the parts).

Visually, the entire movie was eye-candy, the soundtrack is generic, they could have used the original which is a masterpiece but I think they wanted to avoid such a strong association as a gesture of respect towards the source material.

The acting was ok, the lead had the weakest delivery, but she looked good in the suit (mostly thanks to the suit itself). I think it was a crime not to cast Perlman as Batou, but the danish guy who played him felt oddly relatable and did the most credible friendzone I've ever seen. Togusa was supposed to be the rookie but the actor who played him looked old enough to have unironically wore a mullet back in the day. Binoche was by far the best actress despite her character being an OC lesbian scientist. The dude who played puppet master looks like a lady and apparently he is married to a lady that looks like dude.

Instead of the development of philosophical themes we have plenty of controversy (is becoming white the ultimate upgrade?) for a fairly standard sci-fi detective drama turned into a love-story.
>>
>>85196412
>the world design itself was awesome (albeit pretty much spoonfed from the original)
The fuck are you talking about? It looks nothing like the original. It looks like something out of the Schumacher Batman movies.

You know what this film reminded me of? Inferno. The movie with Tom Hanks based on the Dan Brown books. The main character runs around having hallucinations, and the hallucinations are supposed to be intriguing and keep you interested in the story, but if you have a brain you already know what they mean, so it just comes off as lazy script writing-- and that's exactly what waiting for a character with amnesia to remember something is: lazy writing.
>>
>>85204124
just grab it from here, unless you want 4K

https://rarbg.to/torrent/g87fx5r
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.