[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this feeling literally everyone missed the biblical symbolism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: apes-1_1.jpg (72KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
apes-1_1.jpg
72KB, 960x539px
I have this feeling literally everyone missed the biblical symbolism throughout the movie.

>Moses (Caesar) is tasked with freeing the jews (apes) from the Egyptians (humans) who use the jews as slave labor
>he is able to free his people, but they are followed by the pharaoh's army
>God intervenes by allowing Moses to split the Red Sea, allowing safe passage for the jews while the pharaoh's soldiers die (the avalanche at the end)
>after 40 years of roaming through the desert, the jews finally reach the Promised Land
>however, Moses dies literally right before he can enter the Promised Land

The parallells were pretty in your face but none of my friends had noticed and the reviews online never mention this.
>>
They also never mention the references to the Holocaust, Nazis and Schindler's List
>>
Did anyone else think maybe the enemy army at the end weren't human? Their entire bodies were covered and not once did they talk or say anything, all they did was scream, clap, and cheer.

It's probably nothing, but it seemed like a very peculiar decision to me to completely cover the other soldiers up and have them not use English.
>>
That would be like missing someone punch you in the face. It was pretty overt.
>>
>>85186092
Yes, and I cringed when the American national anthem was playing as they introduced how the humans used the apes as slaves and were whipping them.

But I've been discussing this movie with my friends and doing some reading online, and it seems no one noticed it. Just seemed very weird to me. Maybe because here in Europe people just aren't that familiar with the Bible anymore.
>>
>>85186092
>>85186186
For example, people thought the ending sucked and was a deus ex machina. It was an allusion to the splitting of the Red Sea. It fits with the movie's theme.
>>
What's going to be the final straw?
>>
>>85185446
>he is able to free his people, but they are followed by the pharaoh's army
They probably would have been fine if Caesar didn't stand there like an idiot.
>>
>>85185696
You're reading too much into it, they were human form this isn't the apes from the original film which were just dudes in costume. If you need a logical reason they were covered up due to being heavily exposed on the journey to the base, the soldiers in the base had less need for full face coverings due to being close to shelter and 24/7 fires/heating. If you need the real reason its because its a lot easier to to duplicate a bunch of faceless soldiers for large battle scenes.
>>
>>85185696
yeah as soon as I saw the soldiers didn't show their face, I paid extra attention to see if they would talk like humans. they never did. looks like it's supposed to be ambiguous
>>
>>85186281
Youd think the attacking army would at least try firing a few shots into the mountain to trigger an avalanche, what have they got to lose?
>>
>>85185446
>I have this feeling literally everyone missed the biblical symbolism throughout the movie.

I didn't. It was quite obvious.

>>85185696

Remember, humans were going mute as the simian flu mutated. McCullough was killing his mutes, that doesn't mean his superiors were.
>>
>>85185446
There some black bitch talking about its about slavery and she was "woke". She went off on a rant and made it clear she never saw the previous two movies. It was pretty rage inducing, even for me, and I'm black.
>>
>>85185446
There's also the Stalin and Lenin parallel in the previous movie, with Koba's face being scarred and Koba actually being Stalin's nickname and him preferring more violence.
>>
>I have this feeling literally everyone missed the biblical symbolism throughout the movie.

who cares if it did, biblical symbolism doesn't automatically make it good.
>>
Even my sister who is a goddamn pleb noticed. This movie was shit
>>
>expecting critics and reviews to acknowledge anything biblical
>>
>>85185446
>jews (apes)
>>
>>85188121
humans are apes in this desu, jews have higher IQs than whites
>>
>>85185446
That said, this movie exemplifies a certain kind of screen writing that is in vogue and I think highly influenced by the current popularity of “quality” television. That is, we have a character face THE MOST devastating moment before making THE MOST wrenching decision to leave on THE MOST perilous journey against THE MOST daunting odds, where THE MOST shocking revelations will be learned… and on and on. This is the little, difficult-to-define distinction between current “quality” television and, you know, a piece of literature [be it film or writing], and was always that nagging reservation when someone tries to tell me that whatever new TV show is actually “Really Good.” And it is more than in force here, to the degree that there was a point near the end at which I simply gave up on the movie. It had just overloaded me with too many amazing moments, shocking coincidences, incredible stunts, blah blah, that I finally just decided that the movie was bullshit. To it’s credit, however, it won me back again by the end, although you can’t help but notice who delivers the summary poignant line and then abruptly DROPS DEAD, right on cue. It’s a series of highlights without the connecting tissue [or lowlights, and/or pauses for contrast and texture] and it seems pretty good, and I guess it is “good” relative to what else is out, but it is not GOOD in the absolute. In fact—it’s a little bit crap.

So there you go, what is reasonably good and what passes for “good” these days, because it is so much better than most of the garbage that’s out there. That’s the situation.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.