[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw it yesterday. Pretty solid visuals but the plot gets a little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Saw it yesterday.
Pretty solid visuals but the plot gets a little slow by the beginning of the third act.
I liked the shift at the end, going from some sort of eldritch horror to a more gothic take on if, kinda like a fairy tale.

What do you guya think of it?
>>
It was pretty great until the doctor was "revealed" to be the baron/duke.
>>
I liked it. Unlike most people, I didn't really mind the slow pace. It looked great, sounded great -- they really nailed the atmosphere. Even when nothing was happening, the feeling of dread was always there.

The absence of jump scares was also appreciated. Now I don't think they make a movie automatically bad, but the tendency in recent movies to abuse them really annoys me.

Some of the disgusting shit was completely unnecessary, though, like the bit with that guy jerking off. It also got pretty stupid at the end, but was still entertaining in a cheesy old school horror movie kind of way.

7/10
>>
>>85171168
KINO
>>
>>85171168
Saw it in theaters three times with different groups. The eels spooked me and the time he was running through the halls reminded me of a video game and how I'd fail a bunch of times before getting it right.
>>
File: 2f6412d03f694c1d60a0be202d0a2933.jpg (322KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
2f6412d03f694c1d60a0be202d0a2933.jpg
322KB, 1000x1500px
Amazing visuals, solid first and second acts. The third act turns into a boss fight but still enjoyable and refreshingly different.

See pic related if you want more
>>
>>85171919
When I saw the dance I immediately thought
>Good thing they didn't go old fashion and use candles
Also
>send employee to a resort to bring back chairman
>no contact so we all go check it out
>crash into him fleeing on a bike
>resort is in flames
>"What did you do?"
Will never not be funny to me
>>
>>85171168
Saw it in theater. My favorite movie ever seen.

It's a mess. But when you see it again, you'll notice every scene has it's use.
But still it's a mess. A very entertaining mess.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.