[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw rewatching Buffy season 1 Vampires seemed a lot more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 349
Thread images: 41

File: buffy-season1.jpg (40KB, 400x588px) Image search: [Google]
buffy-season1.jpg
40KB, 400x588px
>tfw rewatching Buffy season 1

Vampires seemed a lot more monster-ish in this season, with their pale skin, claw hands, wolf-like snarl and their eyes glow in the dark like a cat. In the following seasons they were just humans with a scrunched up face

Cute baby fat Buffy is best Buffy

Also why didn't Angel help out during the harvest? That's very out of character for him
>>
Too busy beating his meat to pics of Willow.
>>
>>85170573
The masters makeup is greates vampire makeup of all time
>>
>>85170767

The Master was great, I'm surprised they never brought him back
>>
>>85171152
they brought him back for the alternate timeline episode when they introduce anya and he came back as a manifestation of the first evil.

pretty sure he made an appearance in an angel episode in a flash back to darlas past and an episode of angel when he's introduced to the order of aurelius and pisses on them for living like sewer rats. but yea he comes back a few times for some short moments.
>>
>>85170573
>Also why didn't Angel help out during the harvest? That's very out of character for him

No it wasn't. If you've watched the entire series of both angel and buffy you'll see that for most of his time pre-buffy but post-soul he was a coward living on rats in the streets or sewers. And because of this he was physically weak.

He didn't actually become brave and physically stronger until he actually started to have a relationship with buffy
>>
>>85170573
Correct about everything. Angel didn't help out during the harvest because it was literally his first acting job and Joss was making him take acting lessons from some chick he knew in college. This was in New York. The show was not. So he was here and there. You can see this on the s1 commentary.
>>
Angel wasn't meant to be a fighter in the first season.
>>
>>85172504
>literally his first acting job

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ULo55uhjc
>>
it always bugs me when they say a character is like 400 years old but hes acting like a teenager. i mean why would angel even be interested in buffy, how is he even still interested in any of these human things. I mean even if youre still really healthy at age 100, your whole worldview and your interests would be so extremely different that you couldnt even interact with a young person of the time without it getting extremely weird.
>>
>>85172692
it's a metaphor about how pedophilia is acceptable if the guy is super attractive.
>>
>>85172742
>david boreanaz
>super attractive
Meh... I'd let Spike stake my boipucci though.
>>
>>85172742
does that count for the female vampires too? because these 400 yr old grannys sure seem to be horny all the time.
>>
>>85172786
i don't really get it either, but he does look good in season 1.
>>
>>85172828
Well they are demons. Wouldn't make much sense if they were all chaste church grills.
>>
>>85172859
but they are 400 yr old demons, how do they still get motivated about it, they mustve done it all thousands of times already.
>>
>>85172828
generally speaking, vampirism in the first season was a metaphor for promiscuity and sexual predators (taking a girl to the back of the club to 'neck'), the girl vampires don't really fit into that very much but i guess they wanted to be inclusive.
>>
>>85172958

>in the first season

They were always that.
>>
>>85172958
sure it somewhat works as metaphor but the way it is shown just breaks my suspension of disbelief. maybe if he was only 100 years old it wouldnt be so unbelievable.
>>
File: 691819954.jpg (258KB, 839x1024px) Image search: [Google]
691819954.jpg
258KB, 839x1024px
>>85172786

Even now?
>>
>>85173156
he looks like a cat
>>
>>85172958
>i guess they wanted to be inclusive.
thats probably why young darla was always dressed as a schoolgirl and made jokes to angel about it

>>85172692
the only thing i can think was that after wheeler (or whatever his fucking name was) introduced angel to her, he went off the deep end with the whole protecting from the shadows thing, and started to act young in an effort to blend in around her easier. he's never shown acting as young in any of his flashbacks
>>
>>85173269

It was all a ruse to score. That's why he never said he was a vamp and lied about killing people.
>>
>>85172692
Honestly, that's what bothered me from the start in any vampire show or movie ever made, safe from rare exceptions.
Looking young doesnt mean staying young in the mind unless there's some weird magic mojo that prevents them from maturing.
If you had 400 years to live, you would learn from life, become wiser than any wise man, ther wouldn't be a thing in the world that could play you because by then, you would've seen all the trickery humanity has to offer. The world becomes your plaything or you get really bored by it, nevertheless, you become old, you're not a teen anymore.
Twilight took this faggotry to it's lowest low though.
In Buffy/Angle it didn't bother me that much since Angel still acted adult at least and had vietnam flashbacks of his murderous past.
>>
>>85173633

The idea they can remember that long bothers me. Memory of events tends to get stodgy at about 30 or 40 years unless you're constantly reminded of it. Yet you see vamps instantly remember someone they haven't seen for 150 years. Makes no sense.
>>
music was shit in season 1. only the final episode where the composer did a slow piano rendition of the theme song it sounds like he put in an effort.
>>
>>85172958
vamps were reptilian shapeshifters
>>
>>85170573
Watching on SyFy in the UK anon?
>>
>>85173156
Dat bone structure tho
>>
>>85173917
Healing factor, so it could be assumed they dont have degenerative memory problems as they age.
>>
>>85172786

I only like Spike in the sense that I can use him to trigger SJWs.

Characters like that expose their hypocrisy like no other.

>trump grabs pussies
>disgusting
>spike walks into main character's kitchen and grabs her pussy
>spike is so hot guyz umph
>>
>>85176117
when spike is almost exposed by anya as having his soul restored so he kicks her ass. when spike was a nazi in an episode of angel.

good times spike
>>
>>85176117
>watch angel first, years before even thinking of watching buffy
>spike is great in the beginning as a whipped dru pet
>just like the angel flashbacks, hes great
>then hes a whiny bitch
>then hes a chipped whiny bitch
>then hes a creepy stalker worse than angel was
>then seeing red

i wasnt triggered by this, but fuck me, how could peopled have liked his "character growth" over the show. he turned from interesting evil rapist to neutered apologetic rapist
>>
>>85178418
it was worth it for basically everything he did in angel s5
>>
>>85178418
Spike used to be GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5D-YIldov4
>>
>>85180327
>>85179289
thats what im saying. he was amazing in season 5 angel, he was great in early buffy. maybe not as good, but different obviously because he was actually evil then

and then its 5 seasons of him being a whiny bitch
>>
>>85170573
I finished Buffy recently. Kinda miss it already.

Why did they kill Anya? Felt pointless.
>>
>>85172852
Yeah, Angel's face changed a lot after season 1.
>>
>>85171877
>>85171152
He also came back for a cameo in season 7 as the first.
>>
>>85180434
When did he regain his soul?
Spike was always a but of a sentime talking fag, but after the chip he really struggled with the main gang and going back to his old ways. I though that was neat.
>>
File: turok han.jpg (67KB, 550x409px) Image search: [Google]
turok han.jpg
67KB, 550x409px
>>85170573
Season 7 finale was a mess. At first Buffy can hardly take one of these guys one on one. Almost gets killed by it. Then 15-20 slayers can handle thousands of them magically. And only Faith and Buffy were experienced.

Also why the fuck pair up Andrew and Anya? The 2 weakest members of the team. They basically sent them to get killed.
>>
>>85180751
>Spike was always a but of a sentime talking fag
i liked that about him. william the bloody was just an evil verson of william the faggot. i think in the comics they actually specifically say that because the masters bloodline is so strong/fucked up, spike literally was able to feel love as a vampire, and dru was the only person he actually cared for when he didnt have a soul. its also why the whirlwind was able to be so old, yet not turn into spoopy Nosferatus

>When did he regain his soul?
iirc after the toilet rape, he fucks off to africa and gets it in the season 6 finale, then is just a bitch

>>85180849
i fucking wish andrew died. the trio are literally the shittest villians in the show, and im counting s4 angel
>>
>>85181077
Angel was the only one who was a sociopathic monster out of them. Even among vamps he was fucked up, and as a human he was a piece of shut who started bar fights for laughs.

Spike was a faggot poet with oneitis.
>>
So, are the comics worth it at all?
>>
>>85181460
I liked Angel After the Fall, it quickly turns into Star Wars EU tier after.
>>
>>85181460
some of them, mostly certain minis or arcs. generally angel s6 is good, some of the spike comics are good, a few illryia related minis if you liked her, and a bit of angel and faith

buffy overall isnt as good, unless you really like a specific character, and they get a story arc or mini

to put it into context, angel decided to go to season 6, and end it. just doing minis here and there

buffy is currently on season 11 with issues still being released and the storyline still linking up to the last episode of s7
>>
>>85180849
Read something about Whedon wanting to tell the story being more important than realism and shit... Standing together with the slayers etc...
It's a turn off your brain in favor of the plotline episode.
>>85181077
Andrew is the minority token as hes faggy and flowery and all rainbowy. We had Willow as the stronk lesbian wiccan but there wasn't a faggot... and Xander wasn't gay enough.
Still, those were better times... It wasn't political, so it didn't matter that much. I was actually ok with a bit of healthy degeneracy.
>>
>>85181460
Angel : After the Fall is good.

Everything else is shit. Buffy especially.
Xander and Dawn are now married.
>>
>>85181729
>Xander and Dawn are now married
He can'take keep getting away with it!
>>
>>85181729
>Xander and Dawn are now married
Creepy.
But again, there isn't one not fucked up relationship in Buffy.
>>
>>85181729
There were a few nice things about Dawn though... I remember an arc where she traveled to a hell dimension where her Key status made her a goddess... then demons were terrified of her so they started worshiping her, Xander taught them to build houses and a bit of civilization, they watched GoT and though Joffrey was a good king... It wasn't kino but something about it felt comfy though.
>>
File: btvsboxset.jpg (248KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
btvsboxset.jpg
248KB, 700x467px
>>85170573
New Box Set coming soon.
>>
>>85182441
Yet no Blu Ray.

I still have the original DVD releases. cost fucking stupid money per season back then.
>>
>>85172220
except for the 1950s
>>
>>85182441
>no new extras
>no new menus
>didn't add back the 'previously on' segments

literally no reason to get this.
>>
>>85182587
He left people to die in the 50s because they pissed him off.
>>
>>85182441
Is this gonna have black pillars on the sides of the screen?

>>85182513
>>85182679
Stupid honestly. 20th anniversary was a god time for a BD release.
>>
>>85170573
I tried, but honestly it aged like piss.

I can't stand the 90's highschool setting anymore, and lasts season have too much edge and melodrama. The rape seemed unnecessary, desu.
>>
>>85170573
>Cute baby fat Buffy is best Buffy
agreed
>>
>>85181370
I never understood why Angel was pushed as the main love interest if most of the time he's a broody borderline psychopath who's trying to not be one, but isn't very good at it.

Hell, a lot of relationships in Buffy are fucked up. Strangely enough, the ones that try to pass as "normal" end up being boring or dull. There just isn't a middle point.
>>
>>85182513
>cost fucking stupid money per season back then
this is exactly why my box sets of angel look shit and dont match
i got them all used for cheaper at suncoast, and they were all beat to hell
>>
>>85172692
>i mean why would angel even be interested in buffy, how is he even still interested in any of these human things.
are you seriously implying there is an age where teenage girls magically stop being hot?

Your 40s are going to be very tough anon.
>>
>>85182513

I bought every season on VHS for £30 each

Actually no, it was £60 each because they would release them in two parts. Two big bulky boxsets making up just one season. And they all went on a skip sometime during the late 2000s when I was clearing out all my videos. What a waste of money.
>>
>>85183223
I still see them around in Charity shops. Cant give them away.
>>
>>85183113
Teenage girls from the 90's weren't very attractive, though.

Remember, roll-on glitter and all that.
>>
>>85183093
Riley was 100% he best Buffy bf. He was serious about her and he had a very hard time struggling with his inadequacy in the face of what Buffy tackles, but was willing to go all in. An Buffy was such a fucking cunt about him, giving him so much shit for not having superpowers, even though she always understood the limitations of the scoobies.

I am still mad to this day that Spuffy was ever a thing and that there are actual Buffy fans who "understand" this aspect of Buffy's whoredom but couldn't get beyond Riley doing anything fucked up just to get by on a day to day level.

Seriously I am mad yes.
>>
>>85183414
Riley was a cunt.
>>
>>85183321
This was not really a thing.
>>
>>85172648

Holy shit david was on married with children? I never knew that
>>
>>85183479
Riley was the only one that ever deserved a chance, which Buffy the whore couldn't manage to give because she's a whore cunt bitch.
>>
>>85183533
>>85183479
>>85183414
riley was the best boyfriend for her, but the worse fucking character
he spends more time brooding than captain caveman and bleach blond boy combined

she had her chance, she literally blew it, and then he got married to a better girl
>>
>>85183414
Riley's only wrongdoing was being too normal for Buffy. She canonically likes fucked up, kinky dudes.

Spike became boyfriend material after he got over his stalker phase. And even then, it was treated like a joke. Though he's at his best when he's not Buffy's little bitch.
>>
Threadly reminder canonically Riley went to some jungle to be a soldier and then got married, while Spike is Buffy's current bf
>>
File: 5animals08.jpg (35KB, 640x354px) Image search: [Google]
5animals08.jpg
35KB, 640x354px
Riley had a nice ass.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>85183522
Darla too
>>
>>85183791
How long until Angel cucks Spike for the 8238392th time again?
>>
>>85178418
best character growth was wasley and i will fight anyone who disagrees. he changes alot while retaining most of his original quirks
>>
>>85184014
Would you like me to lie to you now?
>>
>>85184014
season 4 angel wesley is the best wesley. specifically him and faith working together

he proves hands down hes a capable watcher, and faith proves she has what it takes to be a slayer. they were both just too young and inexperienced to be thrown together right off the bat
>>
>>85184171
Wesley's betrayal was also god-tier. Wesley is seriously the ultimate buffyverse character overall.
>>
File: Angel-1.jpg (52KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Angel-1.jpg
52KB, 500x281px
Greatest finale to anything ever.
>>
>>85184292
I agree and I fully support anyone who cares to believe that the comics don't exist.
>>
>>85184372
The comics are Joss's desperate attempt to keep Buffy relevant even after decades of people not caring anymore.

No idea why they're still going. They should just let it die while it still has dignity... whatever it has left.
>>
>>85184292
>>85184102
It has all the sad feels a show could possibly have and then the franchise dies along with it's last season, leaving nothing but emptiness and blue balls. Can't mourn Anya or Fred or Wesley, or even Cordy.
>tfw more than a decade and you still have unfinished tv character grieving to make
>tfw when they offered Eliza Dushku job in a Faith spinoff but she rejected it for Tru Calling
>>
>>85182760
All episodes of Buffy were shot in 4:3 except for the musical episode so black pillars should be there. There was a HD remastering that aired a year or two ago that completely disregarded the fact that the show was framed for 4:3 so you can see lights and microphones etc. at the sides of the screen.
>>
Do the comics sell well?
>>
>>85184593
It's better this way, Dushku can't carry a show, she's a decent actress but not THAT good.
>>
They should have done a limited 4-6 episode season 8 this year for the 20th anniversary of the show. None of the actors are really working a lot these days and Boreanaz just wrapped up Bones so he has time.
>>
>>85170573
It's sad how none of the cast went to do anything noteworthy after Buffy ended. Hannigan had another hit tv show, for the rest it was game over.
>>
>>85184724
how retarded are joss and greenwalt to not shoot in 16:9
>>
>>85184593
it hurts. Some faggot once told me by killing wesley whedon basicly killed us. It sort of makes sense.
>>
>>85184593
>Can't mourn Anya or Fred or Wesley, or even Cordy
Didn't watch Angel but it was sad how noone cared about Anya's death. The world almost ended for Tara, but noone even asks about Anya.
>>
>>85184781
Angel probably made good dosh on Bones, which was a fun show because Emily was a better autist than the entire cast of Big Bang Theory combined.
>>
File: ncvefvere.jpg (3KB, 98x94px) Image search: [Google]
ncvefvere.jpg
3KB, 98x94px
>>85184788
>Angel was shot in 16:9 from season 3 onward
>no one cares enough about that show to make an HD remaster

kek, can't wait for the 20th anniversary of Angel, when absolutely nothing is gonna happen.
>>
>>85184861
Anya was never respected and neither was Xander. Also you should seriously watch Angel. It's the better show IMO. Surprisingly good male themes.
>>
>>85184875
Boreanaz was apparently one of the most sought after actors during pilot season this year after Bones so he seems to be doing fine..
>>
>>85184477
i think the current angel title isnt that bad. its mostly about angelus and liam, and angel dealing with his past, with his new bff illryia

>>85184909
>>85184724
theres a scene in early angel where hes in the back of lilahs car, and when he batmans away, you can see him just sitting in the next seat over
>>
>>85184781
Sarah Michelle Gellar was in the Scary movies, right? She hasn't done anything in the last years though. James Masters was in the Dragon Ball movie as Piccolo, and I think he was in another show too. David Boreanaz was in Bones. The rest are dead and forgotten, yeah.

I'm hoping there will be a remake someday. Updated Buffy would be awesome. But I can't help to think it'll be SJW central.
>>
>>85184861
>>85184945
Childhood is having a Buffyfu
Adulthood is realizing Angel talked about the adult world and the tough choices you have to make to survive in it.
>>
>>85185000
Spike & Cordelia were together in an Episode of Supernatural.
>>
>>85185039
Angel was The Originals to Buffys Vampire Diaries.
>>
>>85185044
Which season?
>>
>>85185124
Season 7 Episode 5.
>>
>>85185124
6 or 7
>>
>>85185000
SMG was in Scream 2. She was the opening death afaik. But that was in 1997. After Buffy she had The Grudge in 2004, which was a box office hit but critically panned. Then nothing worth writing home about.
>>
>>85184861
Also, I cared ;_;
That's why I mentioned her.
Forgot to mention Lorne too since he didn't die back then in the franchise but Andy did irl
It a nostalgia feelfest to consider all what died along both shows in just a couple of years, never to come back... After Buffy and Angel there hasn't been supernatural kino as comfy. The Originals comes close and Supernatural is a classic... but it's still not the same.
>>
>>85185039
Buffy's audience were, for the majority of its part, teens. Angel was always more mature and darker.
>>
>>85185000
Xander was in Coherence, and Anya starred in that crappy horror movie.
>>
>>85185039
Angel was the superior show
>>
File: 705Starks.jpg (834KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
705Starks.jpg
834KB, 2000x1333px
>>85185124
>>85185044
>>
>>85185360
Anya was mistreated. Even if she never admitted she actually cared about them while they never showed her any love. Even after she was left at the altar.

And Joss killed her off because Emma Caulfield didn't want to come back after Season 7 if Buffy continued, or in a spin-off. There were rumors that SMG was mean to her on set.
>>
good times. we need a new supernatural vamp demon hunting show with bros. pls no sjw shit.
>>
>>85185421
I don't watch supernatural. Am I gonna understand anything if I watch that episode alone?
>>
>>85185595
>pls no sjw shit.
It's impossibe in current year, bro.
>>
I wanna watch Angel but I was already spoiled on Cordy, Fred and Wesley.

The same shit happenned before Buffy.
>>
>>85185595
GoT didn't escape swj shit, no other show will.
>>
>>85185335
Jada Pinkett was the opening death, SMG died later.
>>
>>85185728
and you still enjoyed buffy, didn't you?
>>
>>85185632
theres demons, two brothers hunt them, one is sexy and broods, the other is sexier and also broods

you've been caught up on all 11 seasons of supernatural

>>85185728
cordys spoilers are literally the worse part of the character, so that doesnt ruin anything, and wesleys spoilers are some of his best moments, but not him at his peak. theres a massive journey to get there if you've only seen buffy wes

fred exists. some people love her, some dont really care. she goes from a quirky good mcguffin, to a character that barely matters, to the mary sue everyone wants to fug cause shes joss' waifu, to a quirky great character. you're probably fine with her spoilers, because her ending is still interesting
>>
>>85185904
How badly do you think Joss wanted to fuck Amy Acker? He does seem straight up obsessed with her
>>
>>85184998
I was so glad to see them finally using Illyria for something good. Only took show's cancellation and 10 years of some really crappy comics. Too bad it's never going to be other than comics.
>>85185632
SN is almost a CSI meets hell things kind of show. Monster of the week and such. There is a bigger plot always but I seem to recall that chapter was entirely standalone watchable.
>>
>>85185990
>i watched the show with commentaries, and all the deleted scenes
less than he wanted to fuck glau, but still alot.
waiting in the wings is a bit more creepy after watching all that

im not saying hes a creepy rapist, but its still just weird for a person his age to show that kinda favoritism without hiding it at all
>>
>>85186140
Yeah, I've heard the commentary for that episode is just him gushing about Amy Acker. Which is fine, she's gorgeous, but it still seems a little... I dunno, unprofessional for the guy in charge to be going on and on and on about how perfect and beautiful one of his employees is
>>
>>85185728
if you only want to watch that episode it is pretty easy to follow. its a bit of a joke episode, and half of it is dedicated to the guest stars so if you just want to see them then it is good value. basically, they are both witches who love each other, they do witchey stuff to each other out of jealousy, the boys come in to kill them and get their asses kicked every time, then it ends with some note about the story arc for the season

>>85185586
>>85185360
>>85184861
anya was the most underrated character.
>>
>>85186277
pretty much. as far as i remember, the deleted scene of fred/wes dancing comedically (oh look, he has a crush on another ballerina) was him pretty blatantly saying it was a self insert
>>
>>85185840
Yeah. Those episodes would be much more impactful if I didn't know, though. But you are right, I'm sure it's still worth a watch like Buffy.

>>85185904
Alright, man. Let's find some good Angel torrents.
>>
>>85186352
I gotta wonder how uncomfortable that must have made Acker, same with Glau, to know that your boss is lusting after you that hard. Reminds me of that one episode in Angel, that was directed by Joss and there's a scene in it where the camera is just focusing on Fred's feet for an inordinately long time. I'm sure she knew exactly why that scene was shot the way it was.

I'm also sure she knew that he was going to fap to that scene later. Joss Whedon is a weird dude
>>
>>85186277
Well she IS perfect you know...
Perfection is not something you can just ignore that easily.
Some particular Buffyfag is gonna be so pissed that Amy was mentioned yet again kek. Being an Amyposter, I've been posting ITT about Buffy and still this happens, topkek
>>
Buffybot a cute! CUTE!
>>
>>85186803
Yeah don't get me wrong, Amy Acker is ridiculously beautiful, I'm just saying Joss goes a little overboard with it. It's fine for people in /tv/ threads to be obsessed with Amy, but when the actual creator of the show is even worse than them there might be a problem.

That said I never really felt like she became a Mary Sue or more prominent than she deserved to be on Angel. She only really got pushed to the forefront consistently in the 5th season, and that's just because with Cordy gone she was the only girl left in the cast. Same reason she spends all of the 5th season wearing tiny miniskirts, somebody had to pick up the sex appeal slack
>>
>>85186950
I thought her death was tragic. Even if she was a robot. She was too pure for a sex robot.
>>
>>85185586

>And Joss killed her off because Emma Caulfield didn't want to come back after Season 7 if Buffy continued, or in a spin-off. There were rumors that SMG was mean to her on set.

Nah, her beef was with Fox. I guess they were cunts about letting stars out to do other projects even if their plotlines would have allowed for it.

For this reason, Amber Benson never signed a full contract. It's why she's not in the credits.
>>
>>85187117

They only did that because the whole story revolves around killing her. Of course you push her to the front so it makes it more meaningful.

Joss just pushed his Hannigan crush onto Amy. Considering Fred and Willow are basically the same character, it makes it even creepier. I think Charisma Carpenter actually said she thought Joss had trouble separating actors and characters.
>>
>>85183113
yes at age 150 i would say you lose all interest for underage girls
>>
>>85170573
>become Vampire slayer
>literally can't stop fucking vampires

Faith was right all along
>>
>>85186950
People who shit in SMG's acting seem to forget how well she played other characters other than standard Buffy on the show.
>>
>>85187276
>They only did that because the whole story revolves around killing her. Of course you push her to the front so it makes it more meaningful.
That too. And it makes sense about him not being able to separate characters and actors. I think Acker is a great actress, but she really didn't get to show it as Fred. If you've ever seen interviews with Amy Acker you'd know that she's basically Fred already, she was pretty much just playing herself. Which was probably how Whedon wanted it anyway.

It wasn't until the whole Illyria thing that I was really sold on her as an actress
>>
>>85187505
>yfw you realize she can actually act besides being the qtest qt
>>85187494
SMG was quite the rising star back then and appeared in a lot of stuff. Sad part is Buffy probably ended her career since the role got bigger than her... JUSTing followed... sad, sad, sad...
>>
>>85187489

The only reason Faith didn't get any vamp!peen is Angel didn't want any.

>>85187505

Illyria did nothing for me. It wasn't Amy's fault; it's just she was little more than a less serious, blue Anya. I was already tired of the humans-so-silly crap by S7 and wasn't interested in more after that. Fred/Illyria is my least favorite part of S5.
>>
>>85187494

She had a couple hit flicks after Buffy ended. I read somewhere she more or less got herself blacklisted after refusing to promote a flick that the studio took from the director and butchered.
>>
>>85187906
To each, their own I guess. That's how you saw it.
To me they were really different.
Anya was once human, then a demon, then not, she was based later and it provided for some funny lines, but she was never that complex a character. She also had a side that was cute and that helped her be human again.
Illyria was this lovecraftian elder god that didn't undertand the world she was in, that had lost everything she once had and was and had to live among humans. She denied her humanity in memory of her past self, but we see her developing deep existential questioning and human frailty underneath the godlike shell she was. That's how I saw it from here at least.
>>
File: smiling illyria.jpg (25KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
smiling illyria.jpg
25KB, 500x400px
>>85186803
Let him cry
>>
>>85188452
Is this good make-up for its time?
>>
>141 posts
>32 posters
>another thread where one fag keeps going on and on talking to himself
>>
File: tumblr_ohywzmTqWJ1qkt2rqo1_500.jpg (50KB, 403x537px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohywzmTqWJ1qkt2rqo1_500.jpg
50KB, 403x537px
>>85188452
I don't see a reason why Amy and Buffy can't coexist, It has been a comfy thread and it has had both
>>
>>85184593

source? I always heard Whedon didn't want to do another buffy which is why Faith didn't happen. Which is why he ended up doing dollhouse?
>>
>>85184964

Well he is pretty lucky when it comes to television projects. He's been on the air consistently for over 20 years now.
>>
>>85188886
Not really, no.
>>85188930
Because one butthurt faggot can't stand it when we have fun.
>>
>>85188913
>It's a butthurt fag calls out on nonexistent samefagging by samefagging himself on numerous hate posts episode
>>85188997
>sauce?
imdb, Eliza Dushku fun facts
>>
>>85189035
David Boreanaz and Amy Acker had great careers after Angel ended, but I have no idea what happened to Alexis Denisof and J. August Richards. They just kind of dropped off the face of the earth
>>
>>85189200
Richards was last on Agents of shield if I remember right and Denisof basically became main parent for his kid/s while hannigan was working.

He did a spait of genre projects like Grimm but he was probably typecast so there ya go
>>
>>85185904
You forgot to mention Unsolicited Appearances of Felicia Day.
>>
>>85189173

I just looked it up, that is really sad. her career would have been so much stronger.
>>
File: 5208319-5.jpg (63KB, 500x368px) Image search: [Google]
5208319-5.jpg
63KB, 500x368px
>>85189396
She wanted to do something different and chose Tru Calling. She took a risk, it did't pay off.

>>85189044
Willow's dark mode make-up was worse. They just drew lines on her face with a marker and called it a day.
>>
>>85188913
you are completely right, how about opening a new thread to discuss ed sheerans appearance on game of thrones?
>>
>>85189035

>angel and buffy only survived because they were on the WB and Fox took losses on them for years
>firefly-canceled
>dollhouse-canceled

AoS isn't really Joss and it would be gone, too, if not for Disney owning ABC.
>>
>>85189727

>tfw when Joss blows the budget for the whole season on one masturbatory musical episode and you have to have the rest in a couple locations with no money spend
>>
How did Joss Whedon, the biggest cuckold in all of tv and film, make a show as good as Buffy /Angel?
Was it a fluke?
>>
>>85190022

Not at all, he did something new with dialogue that nobody else was doing which make people like it and then they copied the shit out of it. He then stretched himself thin in places, got lucky in others and coasted on work of better people.
>>
>>85190022
Because he was surrounded by talented writers

>>85189727
>that makeup
Jesus I forgot about that
>>
>>85190022

Probably. I don't think he ever really understood why people loved those shows or what made them good.
>>
>>85187906
>>85188393
Illyria was a much better character than Anya, but it was obvious that the character concept began as a recycled Anya. They refined and improved the formula for that writing character type when they made Illyria, but I can see why someone who had already seen plenty of Anya would be underwhelmed. It didn't really bother me because this particular character archetype was more or less unique to those two shows, so to me at least there wasn't enough of either of them to get burned out on the concept.
>>
File: 40 years old.gif (2MB, 268x329px) Image search: [Google]
40 years old.gif
2MB, 268x329px
As much as I hate what Joe Sweden became, I still have to respect him for atleast giving so many top tier qts their big break. Particularly this one.

Say whatever else you want about him but you cant deny he has excellent taste in women.
>>
>>85190725
She really is cute.
>>
>>85190725
she's gorgeous, i waifud her back when i saw angel, and dad waifud her with person of interest. i was glad to see that he was a man of taste himself.
>>
File: literal perfection.jpg (75KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
literal perfection.jpg
75KB, 1080x1080px
>>85191193
I'd question the sexuality of anybody who doesn't waifu her in anything she's in 2bh
>>
>>85191315
>>85190725
based amyposter
>>
>>85190725
>>85190022
I can't hate Whedon... I just can't
He was involved in so much kino back in the day
Introducing god tier qts
Then going full sjw
Then to being hated by feminists
Now everyone hates him
But I remember
And I can't hate him. Hope DC saves him. There is still hope
>>
>>85193329
Would modern swj love Buffy?
>>
>>85193972
>sjws loving anything
sjws don't love anything anon, they just hate.
It has strong women, gay and lesbian characters, but it doesn't have muslims or enough black people and Buffy is still a cis white trash bitch
And to think it was a meme back then to think 4chan was the Internet's hate machine... oh the irony...
>>
>>85193329
>There is still hope
Im sorry anon, but there is no hope for him. Hes too far gone. The best we can do now is remember him for his great contributions in the field of waifus.
>>
>>85193329

I used to defend him until the comics. After seeing that shit, fuck him. I hope they eat him alive.
>>
>>85194451
No... no! I I-I refuse to give up hope!
>>85194906
He didn't made all the comics. Last I knew he only gave input, mostly for After the Fall, then other people took over and I'm not sure about his involvement in latter works... maybe approving or rejecting a thing or two, but I don't think he has much to say.
>>
>>85172692
As a counter to this, I actually liked Spike's characterisation when factoring his vampirism. I think the lack of a soul probably stunts development, and Spike's attachments to women were always maternal (Dru sired him, Spike's mother was cast based on similarity to Gellar).
Angel also had the atonement boner, and I think that probably fuelled his love for Buffy (plus the fact that he couldn't be happy with her probably fuelled a self-punishment element to his psyche)
>>
>>85180573
She asked for it specifically. She wanted to make sure she wouldn't be roped into any potential spin off material.
>>
>>85195383
I think Spike would have been a better bf than Angel.
>>
>>85182587
All he did in the 50's was beat up a P.I. and a book shop owner. That doesn't really prove toughness. Also, he was still drinking human blood at the time and not rats in the sewer like he was only months before the harvest.
>>
File: amy!.gif (3MB, 540x684px) Image search: [Google]
amy!.gif
3MB, 540x684px
>>85192948
>>
>>85195198

>Last I knew he only gave input

He wrote many of them.
>>
File: 2dd.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
2dd.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>85196094
>those eyes looking directly at you
>>
>>85195198
only one i ever read was after the fall, angel and the dragon were buddies, it wasn't bad
>>
File: POI_0216_S10.png (485KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
POI_0216_S10.png
485KB, 1280x720px
>Amy Acker het shipping

um. no.
>>
File: fred!.jpg (411KB, 1052x1158px) Image search: [Google]
fred!.jpg
411KB, 1052x1158px
>>85196735
They are very pretty eyes

>>85196799
Who is shipping? I see no shipping here. Shipping is dumb
>>
>>85180849
Everything after season 5 was shit in my opinion, season 6 dropped the metaphors in favour of literal depictions of stuff and it didn't really work. Tara's death and Spike's attempted rape had a huge amount of tonal dissonance and simply wouldn't have fit into any of the prior seasons. Except for the military, guns are almost never shown or discussed, Andrew had already killed his brainwashed ex for darker-than-usual bad guy points, and even Buffy says at some point in the show that she's lost battles before, but never been a victim, but then Spike tries to rape her. Season 7 shit the bed with all the new slayers but was better.
>>85181460
As everyone else said, After the Fall is good, I think there are three "seasons" and it has a definite close that reinforces the 'fight goes on' theme while still having a nice conclusion if you felt cucked by the season 5 ending (which is the wrong feeling to have).

I personally like Buffy after season 8 (which iirc had the most involvement from Whedon and was basically in overdrive over the lack of a budget), season 11 is drinking the SJW kool aid with muh immigrants and muh persecution, but there's some nice imagery and Willow and Spike develop well.

>>85182876
I only watched it this year and thought it was okay. I guess you have to just go with the hokey style where everyone knows karate and none of it is too serious
>>
>>85193972
>did a writing unit at uni as an elective
>don't know anyone because it's not in my main stream
>a couple of feminists and gender nonconformists in there
>surprisingly I don't offend them and they think my writing is good so we end up sitting together for most of the unit
>Buffy is considered outdated by them and has some problems but means well

I think it was Xander as the only one who didn't get powers, and the killing the lesbian trope that bothered them the most.

But this is only anecdotal, and from only two people who I wouldn't consider radicals.
>>85195198
He was involved in season 8 pretty heavily, but by season 11 I don't think he's even credited as anything
>>
>>85196926
>>85196799
At this point the only "shipping" I do is with this guy, who I hope makes her very happy.
>>
>>85196930

>wrong opinions galore
>no metaphors
>whole season is based on addiction and depowering metaphors

>the comics get better after 8

Don't ever post again.

>>85197132

>SJW were bothered by Xander not getting powers

You're full of shit. They're bothered by Xander not being killed, not enough of gay/trans/poc characters, bad things happening to anyone with a vag and sex negativity.

> I don't think he's even credited as anything

He's still credited as EP, which is why they consider 8-11 to be "canon".
>>
File: amy root.jpg (46KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
amy root.jpg
46KB, 500x667px
>>85197261
You're a swell guy anon. And he must, because they've been married for like 15 years. Still, part of me hates him a little bit, for obvious reasons.

>ywn be happily married to amy
;_;
>>
>>85195793
i'm sure they brought her back in the comics anyway
>>
>>85189727
eliza
>You have a better chance of seeing God than me naked
>The Alphabet Killer (2008) gets naked
what did she mean by this?
>>
>>85197562
There was an Anya arc where Xander saw her ghost, but she wasn't exactly Anya in the end.
Died too.
>>
>>85197828
aww, that sucks, what about tara or johnathon? they ever come back
>>
Joss Whedon is a terrible fucking writer who's responsible for the absolute worst fanbase in all of TV and cinema.
>>
>>85197994
which fanbase?
>>
>>85197958

As a hologram. It didn't act like him, though.

Tara has been teased to come back about a dozen times. She, Cordy and Joyce are about the only ones who didn't.
>>
>>85198047
Firefly.
>>
>>85198076
fair enough
>>
>>85197812
Personally I think no nude scenes are ever "necessary" like some people like to say, you can always avoid them with many tricks like only showing sideboobs, or not showing anything at all.
Wonder how they did to convince her after that.
Also it's a crappy nude. Thought she would make it worth it in a masterpiece of kino with good scenic material but it wasn't.

>>85197958
Pretty much this >>85198062

>>85197994
>"I'm so gonna get free (you)s with this!"
Ok
And the worst fanbase would be the GoT one... dem swarming normies posting reaction videos on yt...
>>
>>85198062
>As a hologram. It didn't act like him, though.
then what was the point?
>joyce
I doubt they'd ever bring her back unless they've gone full retard`
>>
>>85198143
she also got naked in banshee, its seems she had a change of heart
>>
>>85198143

I can handle normies posting memes more than aspergerish asexual weirdos with bad haircuts who run feminist tumblrs spouting off badly written quips.
>>
>>85198076
Sounds about right.
>im a browncoat xD xD xD
>>
>>85198160

>then what was the point?

The people writing them think it's good writing. By and large all they do is the fanfic tactic of incorporating old characters into plotlines. It's a lazy attempt at making it feel more authentic.
>>
>>85198395
yea I figured which is why i'm dl after the fall now as its the only decent thing I remember them doing, I do remember some shit in a buffy arc with dracula being a good guy, its was very bad
>>
>>85190725
>>85191315

oh wow, i didn't know amy acker was in angel.. seeing her in person of interest made me feel like a 10 year old with a crush

im only half way through buffy s2 though, should i finish buffy before watching angel?
>>
what do people mean by 'cordy spoilers' in angel?

i'm half way through buffy season 3, is there some kind of reveal about her in angel that we dont see in buffy?
>>
>>85198579
no definitely not you'll be spoilered to shit, watch up to s3, then watch back and forth between buffy s4 and angel s1 like we did
>>
File: Fred-angel-15064348-500-281.jpg (80KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Fred-angel-15064348-500-281.jpg
80KB, 500x281px
>>85198579
In order anon, always in order
Buffy S4 goes along Angel S1, so you finish Buffy S3 first
>>
>>85198650
yea you could say that
>>
>>85198579
It probably wouldn't hurt. Personally I saw Angel first and then Buffy years later, and it didn't hurt my enjoyment of the former none. If anything, watching Angel first just ruined Buffy for me. Going through all of Buffy was a slog
>>
>>85198214

Agreed. Every Whedon fanbase is terrible.
>>
>>85198992
see technically i'm a weadon fan since I like buffy and angel and have since I was like 12, so basically fuck you faggot
>>
the show should have ended after season 3.
>>
>>85198975
>watching angel first ruined buffy
which again is why you don't do that. start from buffy s1 work your way forward, start angel along with s4 of buffy, any other way is retarded
>>
File: LQb8.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
LQb8.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>85199039
People fishing for (you)s
>>
>>85199113
true
>>
>>85199082
It was mostly ruined for me because I didn't like any of the characters and the highschool setting in the first few seasons did nothing for me. Not because of anything I might have known about it from watching Angel first.
>>
>>85199211
point still stands, angel is more 'mature', you start with simple high school issues at the beginning of buffy and then it escalates, starting with angel and going back sounds awful
>>
>>85170573

Angel was fighting on another front.
>>
>>85197261

Who the FUCK is this guy!?
>>
>>85199285
It says so in the picture, he's the luckiest man on earth.
AKA James Carpinello, her irl husband who has also appeared in some of she shows/movies Amy is in, I first saw him as Mario Falcone in Gotham though
>ywn be him ;_;
>>
>>85199285

The guy who started banging her after Whedon.
>>
>>85199470
Somehow I doubt Whedon ever banged her, he seems more like her beta orbiter, with the way he fawns over her and practically worships the ground she walks on.
>>
>>85199470
That ain't true, Whedon wanted her but Amy is pure, PURE!
>>
File: qt.jpg (53KB, 600x734px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
53KB, 600x734px
>>85199582
The purest.
>>
>>85199552

Whedon is your typical geekboy all-women-are-too-good-for-me feminist. Except for, you know, him. If girls sleep with him, they can remain pure.
>>
>>85199647

>all the 15 year old thumbnail sized pictures in this thread

What is wrong with you? If you're such a fan, why don't you have recent HQ or HQ at all?
>>
>>85199698
That's assuming any girls would sleep with him besides his tranny wife. Especially before he got his teeth fixed.
>>
File: abk9qkbt.jpg (59KB, 343x350px) Image search: [Google]
abk9qkbt.jpg
59KB, 343x350px
>>85199748
HQs are harder to find
Also its not always easy to tell the difference in years. Depends on hairdo greatly. Some make her look older, some younger.
>>
File: 1496181889102.jpg (566KB, 1037x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1496181889102.jpg
566KB, 1037x1500px
>>85199748
Another one
>>
File: very pretty.jpg (329KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
very pretty.jpg
329KB, 1600x1200px
>>85199748
>why don't you have recent HQ or HQ at all?
But I do, I just like to post my favorites, and some of my favorites are very old.
>>
>>85170573
Huh, I'm rewatching Firefly, I'm probably going to follow up with Buffy since it's so short.
>>
>i post old pics because she doesn't look old and face-lifted in them

Clarified it for you.
>>
File: fine wine 3.png (805KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
fine wine 3.png
805KB, 720x1280px
>>85200289
If you wanted more PoI era Amy, all you had to do was ask.
>>
@85200289
No (you)s for you since you devolved into the usual trolling faggot you are.
Evidence to the contrary you say is right a few posts above.
This thread has had plenty of Buffy stuff, a lot of it by myself. It's not even my fault that Amy appeared on topic and it still happened. I recon some of the other usual Amyposters have been polite too.
So stay mad and keep on hating. I'm sure you will be very popular and get a lot of (you)s, just not from me.
>>
>still posting thumbnails

She looks fine but is noticeably older and had a tad of work. Which is why your obsession with thumbnail images from 15 years ago is so telling: Your complete denial about it.

>>85200510

The amyfag is angry. This thread is 80% you talking to yourself.
>>
File: red.jpg (109KB, 1280x961px) Image search: [Google]
red.jpg
109KB, 1280x961px
>that one butthurt buffyfag throwing a fit at the end of thread
Every time
>>
File: tumblr_lica9nVimI1qaimf2o1_500.gif (500KB, 499x269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lica9nVimI1qaimf2o1_500.gif
500KB, 499x269px
>>85189173
Quoting this since it also referred to the same faggot
>angry
Nope. Try again
But you're really pathetic
>"STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE"
>I can't stand when other people have fun
You're just not that interesting and I hope you remember it cause I wont be saying it to you again. This is the last drop of my attention you get, so I hope you enjoy it. It was a nice thread and it had a bit of everything. The only lows were your butthurt posts.
Face it anon, you're a cunt.
I know you're a cunt and I recognize you're the only cunt who lurks in Buffy/Angel threads just for the pleasure of being a cunt.
So I'll know it's you, it's always you.
You're not interesting, you're not edgy, you don't contribute, you're just a cunt who hates when other people have fun.
I'm sorry your life is so shitty anon, I really do.
And congratulations you managed to kill the thread. Is that what you always are after isn't it?
Anyway, I'm just shitposting your response in hope it might do some good to lurkers so they can spot you too and not fall for your shit, also because boredom. But it's late and I really need to go. Enjoy your loneliness. Sage btw. Out of respect since you already killed the thread.
>>85201131
This, and one last Amy + Willow cause it's Buffy-related before I go
>>
>>85173156
This is sad.
>>
>>85184292
I cried at the ending when I was younger. It hurts
>>
>>85185360
I was more upset over Anya's death than anything else on Buffy. Actually, maybe Joyce..

But then when rewatching it as I got older I didn't like Anya as much as she was quite annoying and a slag
>>
>>85202342
>anyas an annoying slag
I did watch it when it aired I was like 14 when anya showed up, she was always an annoying slag, although all the stuff with the wedding and her boss was good
>>
>>85185728
It's comfy. As with Buffy, the first dozen episodes are hockey but once Wesley is introduced you get a nice ensemble and chemistry.
>>
>>85191315
>waifu

You people are nothing but loser creeps.
>>
>>85204931

What do you mean 'you people'?
>>
>>85205364
virgins, losers who waifu chicks/cartoons
>>
>>85204931
>>85205395

I don't mind them for the most part save the one ones that are fence-scalingly crazy about it.
>>
>>85196930
What were the methapors in first 5 seasons?
>>
>>85197828
Didn't she get burned to death? Like cutting her in half wasn't brutal enough.
>>
So I recently looked up Dushku, and she got engaged to a billoinaire 17 years older than her, last month. This is some next level pottery shit.
>>
>>85206346

Wasn't she dating that guy from Oz like last week?
>>
>>85206346
17 older than her? Isn't she like 40? It must be true love.
>>
File: sugardaddy-muted.webm (1MB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
sugardaddy-muted.webm
1MB, 1920x1078px
>>85206346
she always loved her sugar daddys
>>
File: 1497670279303.gif (3MB, 325x366px) Image search: [Google]
1497670279303.gif
3MB, 325x366px
>>85206346
i mean i kinda feel bad for her since none of her movies/shows really do well (not counting buffy since she was a side character) and she is or at least was hot as fuck but the whole gold digger angle...
>>
>>85208493

>hq webm anon appears

This thread missed you. The only decent content posted in Buffy threads.
>>
>>85207530

She's 36
>>
File: seeing red.webm (630KB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
seeing red.webm
630KB, 1920x1078px
>>85209053
got any requests?
>>
File: frying crog.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
frying crog.png
78KB, 412x351px
>>85189727
>Tru Calling was actually becoming kino in its 2nd season
>got canceled on a cliffhanger that will never be resolved

why live
>>
>>85209357
Not him but the Gentleman at the window from Hush would be much appreciated.
>>
File: creeps-muted.webm (1MB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
creeps-muted.webm
1MB, 1920x1078px
>>85209515
anything i haven't made before? kek
>>
>>85209135
I didn't know that she was younger than SMG. Anyway, wish her well. I like Eliza.

>>85209403
I used to watch Tru Calling when I was a kid. I was 10 or something. Had a huge crush on Eliza. At the same time I had a crush on SMG, knowing her as Daphne from Schooby movies. I was really happy when I learned they were both on a show called Buffy.
>>
>>85209357
Kek @ that filename
>>
>>85180849
They were supposed to tie-in Angel's deal to W&H a lot more to the finale. That's why it went from "stakes don't work" to "you just have to push really hard but it workd". All part of the Connor world-altering spell (like the Superstar episode. They retconned it later to a poweful memory spell in Angel season 5). Making the Uber Vamps weaker and giving W&H the chance of having their own Apocalypse later on, instead of The First.
>>
>>85206346

>see this
>look up Buffy people

>Buffy: happily married for 10+ years w/ 2 kids
>Willow: Same
>Giles: Chill as fuck living in England
>Xander: Train wreck
>Angel: Cheater
>Spike: Banging emotionally unstable women at cons
>Faith: Marrying for money after being blacked
>Cordy: 47 yo Bella Thorne
>Anya: Multiple marriages before having a kid
>Dawn: Can't find a man and weighs 300 pounds

I could legit see the characters ending up like this.
>>
>>85209613
>They were supposed to tie-in Angel's deal to W&H a lot more to the finale.

No, they weren't. Hell, they cut out Angel talking about Cordy in the finale because they thought it would confuse the audience.

It was originally intended somewhere to have the army show up though. There are storyboards to that effect.
>>
>>85209403
I loved Tru Calling. I only got to see the final 2 episodes years later.
>>
>>85209560

Have you done the willow/tara ice cream truck scene from the dream episode of S4?
>>
File: bendy2-muted.webm (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bendy2-muted.webm
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>85209814
the entire scene in the ice cream truck is rescaled SD for some reason
>>
>>85209851

I guess that explains why I don't have it.
>>
File: get out-muted.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
get out-muted.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>85172692
>>85173633
This is common in anything featuring immortals, IMO. Just another variation on the "characters can only be as smart as the writer" thing, except in this case it's "characters can only be as wise / experienced as the writer". Shows like Highlander and True Blood had the same exact problem.

I think it's possible to sell if you go the "so ancient as to be basically an alien" route, eg Gary Oldman's Dracula, Tom Cruise in Interview, etc. But as soon as you try to humanize the immortal character, give them human-scale problems and human relationships, it gets really really tricky to maintain the illusion that they have centuries of experience.

I mean, there's also the humanish-brain-can only-learn-so-much route, aka "I've forgotten more than you will ever know". Highlander played that card once or twice. But I'd still expect them to have a basic grandpa level of wisdom, at minimum.
>>
>>85180849
>At first Buffy can hardly take one of these guys one on one. Almost gets killed by it. Then 15-20 slayers can handle thousands of them magically.
Reminder that vampires in Buffy are subject to a variation of the Inverse Ninja Power Law. The more of them there are in an episode, the easier they are to kill.
>>
>>85210227
Anne Rice did it right in the early Vampire Chronicles books. The passage of time and it's effect on vamps was a main theme.

In Queen of the Damn, we get to explore a lot of what happens to older vamps. Going insane. Getting amnesia. Sleeping in the dirt for decades. Getting a new personality that takes over (split personality, sort of), etc.
>>
>>85210227

I think Buffy/Angel used the idea that vampires are permanently stuck in adolescence or whatever maturity they had when they were turned. Hence Dru still being batshit when vamped.

>>85210303

The ubervamps suddenly being tissue paper was always an issue. Even Whedon mentioned it but dismissed it with "that's not what's important" which is his deflection to any valid criticism.
>>
>>85210372
It's tie in to Angel. Same episode Angel comes with the amulet after his world-changing deal you see Anya teaching the slayers in training about Uber Vamps and what she says is the opposite of what was before aka now holy water doesn't work and stakes just need to be pushed harder, but work.

I toguht it wa svery clear as I was watching Buffy and Angel when they were airing. Maybe not so much if you watch them years later.
>>
>>85210227
There's also the wise but "humanized as in super decadent" angle that's played off well in (spoilered because you might go in without the vampires being apparent) Only Lovers Left Alive
>>
>>85210141
Was it autism?
>>
>>85210615

How could it be very clear when the episode she says that is way before Angel shows up? 19 vs 21? Even timeline wise, it's 2 days prior at least.
>>
File: drusilla then and now.jpg (141KB, 1200x914px) Image search: [Google]
drusilla then and now.jpg
141KB, 1200x914px
>>
>>85211138

Not horrible for a 52yo gym rat.
>>
>>85211138
What magic is this?

She looks better now!
>>
>>85211478
geezer chaser
>>
>>85211478

>now

Pic on the right is 12 years old.

I hate those then and now photos where they take a photoshopped scan picture from 20 years ago and compare it to modern digital 50mp photos where you can literally see the pores on someone's skin.
>>
>>85209644
>Cordy: 47 yo Bella Thorne
How come? I doubt Bella will see 47 with her current life style.
>>
>>85212052

An actress that never seems to act and their days seem to be comprised of surgery, going to the gym and taking selfies.
>>
>>85211138
she aged like a vampire
>>
>>85209644
Where are Wes, Gunn and Lorne now?

Wes had superb acting skills. He went from comic relief to badass without missing a note. Surprise I haven't seen him in a movie in quite a while.
>>
>>85184292
The best part is that it wasn't even part of the plan. It was just a shitty cliffhanger... and yet, it was very apt for the series.

Evil never dies, you just fight to make the current moment better.
>>
>>85212616
Lorne died a couple of years ago, he was like 40.
>>
>>85185000
They got typecasted and Buffy really ruined her hollywood career by being part of that horrible Scooby Doo live action movie.

She was invited to a call of duty game tho.

Angel got the best of 'em all, he had his own successful show Bones and boned the coprotagonist.
>>
>>85185728
Its comfy show anon.

Watch at least the first season to see Angel dance and do ridiculous shit he couldn't do in Buffy because he was brooding all the time.
>>
>>85186278
>anya was the most underrated character.

She was a Cordelia wannabe but with autism instead of narcissism.
>>
>>85212873
i'm surprised sjws aren't claiming Xander having sex with Anya to be rape.
>>
>Buffy thread kept alive for over 24 hours

what is happening?
>>
>>85213384

I think they went the "male fantasy in which a woman is obsessed with PIV" route there.
>>
>>85213410
Its the 20th anniversary and people are rewatching the entire series

Definitely the worst season is the one where Buffy starts banging Spike and is all sad all the time. Tho I liked the musical episode
>>
>>85213555

There is usually at least one thread a week.Usually they get derailed pretty quick. This one managed to survive.
>>
What is this show about and what is it's appeal?
>>
>>85213853
life and waifus
>>
>>85213871
Is it actually good or is it just because it's a waifu: the TV show?
>>
>>85213898

It's good and has waifus.
>>
>>85213898
I'd put it in my top 10, but i still think half the episodes are garbage.
>>
>>85213410
I made 2 Buffy thread in the last 6 months, both lasted longer than 24 hours.

Buffy/Angel threads are comfy if Buffy fags and Angel fags don't fight.
>>
>>85213898
It's good. Of course it has bad episodes like every MotW series and the first season is hit or miss. But overall Buffy has some of the best moments of TV. I would give it a chance if I were you.
>>
>>85213898
amazing highs but awful awful lows.
>>
2 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 1 > 6 >>> 7

5 > 3 > 4 > 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1
>>
2 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 4 > 7 (the potential corpses ruined season 7 for me)

1 (haven't finished season 1 of Angel yet)
>>
>>85214651
3>2>4>5>6>1>>>>7

2>3>4>1>5
>>
>>85214651

Wrong.

5>2>7>6>4>1>3

5>3>2>4>1
>>
>>85214889
>hating on based Mayor season

see >>85210141
>>
File: Buffy_double_meat_palace.png (408KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Buffy_double_meat_palace.png
408KB, 640x480px
I'm one of the few ones who likes season 6. Maybe it's because I was depressed at the time and went through similar things as Buffy, facing the horrors of real world like taking adult responsibilities, working at a shit job, feeling emotionally distant from friends etc.
>>
>>85214988

>weakest bb
>literally a ripoff of Max from Lost Boys
>based

No. S3 is crap.
>>
>>85215033
the first was the weakest. he couldn't even lift.
>>
>>85214996

I liked it up until Seeing Red. Great, underrated episode that gets a ton of hate because muh lesbian and muh sexual assault.

Goes off the rails after that with "Dark Willow".
>>
Webm dude, if you are still here, do you have that one where Faith gives that slutty, sugar daughter look to The Major?
>>
>>85215033
get a load of this pleb

>>85214889
least we can agree s5 angel is goat
>>
>>85215065

It had Caleb and an army of ubervamps and bringers.

The Mayer had... Faith, which he kind of lucked into. People complain about The First just talking but that's all the Mayer did.
>>
>>85215105

S5 is more like a S8 of Buffy than S5 of Angel, desu. Thematically it's more a followup to S7 than S4 of Angel.
>>
>>85215101
Yeah, I think Alyson couldn't pull off Dark Willow. She sounded and looked ridiculous trying to act bad. And honestly, it's not totally her fault, it's hard to be taken seriously with this make-up >>85189727

It also felt like an ass-pull that she turned out to be the most (or one of the most) powerful witches in the world
>>
>>85215143
he had Mr Trick, and an army of vamps.
>>
>>85215233

I can't figure out if they did that character design because Alyson couldn't pull it off or because they wanted fans to be able to disassociate her actions from "sweet, redhead willow".

I put that in quotes because Willow was pretty much a cunt.
>>
>>85214996
tbqh, the horror of real life just got too real too fast in this season
Of any of them, this was the one that scared the living crap outta me
Then Dark Willow had that emptiness feel of all the shitty things that will destroy you from within, including betrayal, loosing friends, nah... didn't like that one
>>
>>85215263

>mr trick

Dead.

>army of vampires

Against a vampire slayer. Ooooh. Like, he knew she was there for 3 years and did nothing. Not to mention, he wants to be a giant snake? In an age of fighter jets and TNT? Made no sense after The Judge incident. Especially with a military base right near town.
>>
I felt like the mayor was more threatening before he turned into a useless snake.
>>
>>85215378
he's like one of the villains in the Power Rangers, they always beat the crap out of the power rangers, but then decide to turn big, then Megazoid destroys them.
>>
>>85215378

'xactly, man.
>>
>>85215344
>Against a vampire slayer. Ooooh.
so by that logic why isn't the Master or Angel the weakest bb?
>ooooh, an old vampire against a vampire slayer...
>>
Both Buffy AND X-files threads up? Must be my lucky day.
>>
>>85215473
tfw all 3 of my favorite childhood shows have threads on /tv/ right now. (Buffy, X-files and Twin Peaks)
>>
>>85215452

Angel is pretty weak. She stomps him twice throughout the season.

He's a good Big Bad because she loved him and had to kill him. The season was never about power levels but actually being able to kill someone you love.
>>
>>85215414
Spot on.

Sad that this thread hit bump limit.
>>
>>85215658
I have a soft spot for the x-files since it was the first show I ever watched, 5 years back. I didn't think I'd like Buffy since I was older and had watched more shows, but it quickly became a favorite and very comfy to rewatch. This show is bizarrely unaging, I remember talking online with some middle-aged doctor that was obsessed with the show.

Twin Peaks was great but never clicked with me as much as TXF and Buffy/Angel, probably because it wasn't MOTW. Is the 2017 continuation worth watching?
>>
>>85215745
It was a comfy thread mostly though
I like how Buffy/Angel were comfy, and had everything you could want in a show.
They have tried later but nobody has managed to get the formula right again.
>>
>>85216023

I give some credit to the folks like Berman. They knew just how much to intervene and keep things steady for the most part. Also I don't think the actors get near enough credit. Without them, you end up with comics or the movie.
>>
>>85215744
>that time buffy started crying because angel punched her in the face

>after she punched him
>after he reminded her she was stronger than him
worse girl
>>
>>85216023
true. even tho lots of "feminists" like to say how Buffy was groundbreaking in terms of a tough female lead, literally no other show with a "tough female lead" managed to actually get what made Buffy the character good. Buffy was an actual girl who acted like most girls want to act. she wore dresses, she smiled and was outgoing, but kicked ass when she needed to. Basically all of the recent "tough girl" leads like Wynonna Earp or Jessica Jones are always these distant, quiet 'been through some shit' girls that never show emotion.
>>
>>85216172
it did it for HER ;-;
>>
>>85216172
HOW CAN SHE SLAP?
>>
>>85216172

Crossover writing was terrible.

>willow spends all of s7 worrying about magic
>guests on angel for an ep
>flings it around like harry potter

That's why I always question people who say you need to watch them both at once.
>>
>>85216389
season 7 a shit.
>>
>>85215864
>Is the 2017 continuation worth watching?
Yeah, but the tone is different than the first 2 seasons, closer to Fire Walk With Me.
>>
>>85216389
faiths crossovers were both amazing, but just for faith. that buffy punch happened in her first episode
>>
>>85216480

I know. What bothered me about crossovers most, other than the shitty characterizations, is you're supposed to forget plotlines.

In the eps you mention it's like we're supposed to forget what just happened on BTVS. It's retarded.
>>
File: Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-13.jpg (81KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Buffy-the-Vampire-Slayer-13.jpg
81KB, 450x338px
This was the first character to ever exist in the series. I wanted to strangle her when she said ''the witch is gone'' after they kicked Buffy out from her house.
>>
>>85216585
>first
I meant worse.
>>
>>85216629
I meant worst, holy shit. Enough internet for me today.
>>
Goodbye thread.
>>
>>85217008
worst episode of season 6, and that's saying a lot.
Thread posts: 349
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.