/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any /o/tists here? What did you think of baby driver? I saw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: babby driver.jpg (525KB, 1382x2048px) Image search: [Google]
babby driver.jpg
525KB, 1382x2048px
any /o/tists here?

What did you think of baby driver?

I saw it on release in aus a couple of days ago and it was ight

Problems where as followed, the cars had as much personality as the characters,
which was fucking nothing, odd for a edgar wright movie

middle and ending where cliche and forced love interest sucked all the fun out of the movie at points
Le wacky characters that where about as deep as a oil patch
>>
>>85160700

BELL BOTTOMS
BELL BOTTOMS
BELL BOTTOMS
>>
You can tell that Simon Pegg is the writer in their duo who gives the characters any personality or humanity. He didn't work on Baby Driver.

I really enjoyed the film though. 8/10.
>>
>>85160700
I liked it a lot. From a technical standpoint, it was just about flawless. Really great action choreography and especially sound design, an often overlooked element of filmmaking. I was also surprised at how well Ansel Elgort actually held his own and came out of the film as the most memorable character.

Cons:
Lily James' character wasn't too well developed. The scene with Baby and the gang visiting the diner and him pretending not to know/like her was good and tense, but would have worked better with a more well-developed relationship. Even with the editing in their first scene together, it feels cut together hastily, like a bunch of lines were taken out.

The finale of the film was kind of odd. Jon Hamm as the final villain was cool in a way, and his whole burnt-out unshaven undercut look while bathed in red light was really cool, but as a character it just didn't feel properly set up. I think Wright definitely wanted to sort of subvert audience expectations by setting up Jamie Foxx and Kevin Spacey as potential final villains then making it Hamm instead, but there just doesn't seem to be much substance to that decision outside of "audiences won't expect it!" There was an element of Hamm as a foil to Baby as a leftover half of a lovestruck Bonnie and Clyde duo, but that just didn't compensate for the lack of setup to make Hamm the insane Rasputinian villain he became. Also, there were some great scenes between him and Foxx setting up conflict that just never got resolved.
>>
>>85160833
Scott Pilgrim was pretty good character wise. But I agree with OP, the characters in this were incredibly shallow given the standard wright has set
>>
>>85160833
this
>>85160892
also on point

my favorite part of edgar wrights films is the editing.
>>
>>85161015
It's what I love about Wright. You can tell the guy really storyboards the shit out of everything before he shoots it, which is always a tonic in modern action films where most movies just get coverage from a bunch of arbitrary angles and smash it together to hide the pulled punches and continuity errors. But especially in Baby Driver, he kind of does the same thing with the sound design. The action and music are synced up perfectly, of course, and it even extends to the way he will include the interruptions in those songs. As much as I complain about the climax of the movie, the way they incorporated Brighton Rock was terrific and added to how great it was as an isolated set piece, if not necessarily a culmination of character conflicts. Also love the way they sort of used Baby's tinnitus as a "score" by laying dissonant strings over slightly muffled music during particularly tense scenes.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.