[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I've only seen the Redux then is the original version

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

If I've only seen the Redux then is the original version worth watching? From what I've read the original is missing Kilgore's surfboard getting stolen, meeting up with the playmates farther down the river and a couple of Brando scenes... but the french plantation side-story in the redux almost ruined the film.

If you've seen both, what's your take?
>>
>>85148598
I've seen both, prefer the theatrical cut. the redux is too long, and I prefer Willard's characterization in the theatrical, it's more haunted and spaced out
>>
Theatrical is better imo. I like the surfboard stuff but Playmates and plantation really slow the movie to a crawl.
>>
I prefer Redux. I want as much content as I can get out of a movie like this. I want it to be long and feel like a fever dream.
>>
Theatrical is 1000x better paced, most of the new scenes were unnecessary

the ONLY scene from Redux that I wish he kept in was Kurtz and all the Cambodian children watching Willard through that crack in the cargo container
>>
I think I'll watch the original tonight... I wonder if the workprint is available online somewhere, that one must be like living a nightmare.
>>
>>85149112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUW-eMv3_94
>>
>>85149112
Coppolla shot something like 400 hours of footage before he finally hit the edit bay. Imagine cutting all that down.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.