[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this kino at my local cinema for the first time ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 800_DVD_box_348x490_original.jpg (143KB, 348x490px) Image search: [Google]
800_DVD_box_348x490_original.jpg
143KB, 348x490px
Just saw this kino at my local cinema for the first time ever because they show old films sometimes.

I liked it and thought it was well made but I'm not entirely sure what I was suppose to get out of it or what the message was suppose to be, like was Hoffman suppose to come off as a bit of a nutty stalker? The ending seemed like a fairly conventional happy one but the music choice The Sound of silence seems to suggest otherwise, wasn't sure if I was suppose to root for this couple or not and the tone seemed to switch back and forth from absurdest comedy to a sad film about isolation and loneliness or something, and the mother sort of went from being mildly sympathetic to straight up villain by the end.

Anyway what does /tv/ think of this kino?
>>
>>85146954
You seem to be implying /tv/ watches anything other than the latest capeshit flick and nolan meme fest
>>
HERE'S TO YOU MRS ROBINSON
JESUS LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU WILL KNOW
WOAH
>>
It's just a character study of Ben and how he deals with his own brash decisions that regularly fuck him over driven by aimlessness
>>
>>85147244
Are you trying to seduce me?
>>
>>85146954
>The ending seemed like a fairly conventional happy one but the music choice The Sound of silence seems to suggest otherwise
It's happy up until the last few seconds, Hoffman and the girl both have a look of uncertainty on their faces like they're thinking "oh shit, what have we done? What do we do now?" Although I read somewhere that the look of uncertainty wasn't originally going to be in the film, the director shouted at them to laugh but all that did was make them nervous. He liked that awkward moment so much he decided to put it in the film instead of doing another take.
>>
>>85147687
>He liked that awkward moment so much he decided to put it in the film instead of doing another take.
That's pretty stupid.
>>
>I'm not entirely sure what I was suppose to get out of it or what the message was suppose to be
just enjoy your mom fetish
>>
>>85147798
that shit happens all the time in films anon. Things that spontaneously happened on the day and later kept in the final edit.
>>
>>85147798
He improved the film. The original ending didn't raise any questions, it was pure fairy tale fluff. The awkward moment is fascinating because it makes you question if they made the right choice. It makes you wonder what will happen to them and their relationship.
>>
>>85147798
disagree

From her perspective she just isolated herself entirely from her family and friends by leaving the wedding, most likely won't ever have a normal relationship with her parents, and is now stuck with someone who fucked her mom, will probably have led to her parents getting a divorce, and who doesn't really have direction in his life

He is now with someone who he barely knows, who he only got together with to spite her mom, and is still feeling aimless

The idea of swooping her away at the alter is a romantic ending, but is it really realistic for them both to be completely confident in their decision?
>>
>>85146954
It's a character study of a troubled young man who is unable to find a purpose in life. In the end it seems like he finally found something but the awkward look on his face suggests that he has realized that this fling he's having with Mrs. Robinson's daughter won't fulfill him.
>>
>>85146954
why is every post on /tv/ a question?
>>
>>85148224
redditors afraid of downvotes.
>>
>>85148224
That tends to be how you start discussions. That and outlandish claims.
>>
>>85146954
ITs about jumping into love/a relationship without thinking of the future consequences. They were so worried about being together they didn't think about what they wanted after or what being together would mean.
>>
>>85147244
You're part of the problem
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.