[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So who else saw this Concentration Camp/Exodus Allegory and immediately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: apes-1_1.jpg (72KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
apes-1_1.jpg
72KB, 960x539px
So who else saw this Concentration Camp/Exodus Allegory and immediately realized that /tv/ is full of shills?
>>
>>85144667

Right here. I'd try and have a civil discussion about it, but the summer break retards came in and ruin the thread. That is if the shill mods didn't delete it first.
>>
>>85144667

Inb4 hurr durr if you want nonstop action go watch Michael Bay flicks. Can't even call this movie out on its bs.
>>
>>85144667
I thought it was obvious as fuck..
>>
There should be guards standing near the cages just outsidr the entrance.
>>
>>85144667

>Christianity symbolism
>Biblical allegory

Seems like Reeves has been taking some tips from Snyder
>>
I think we can all agree:

Rise > War > Dawn
>>
>>85146458
This
>>
>>85146458
Nah War=Dawn>Rise, but all 3 are kino
>>
it was long and boring and cliche

my friend literally fell asleep
>>
I thought both Rise and Dawn were pretty obvious allegories to rising dicatorships in generel. Especially Dawn since it also borrows a lot of elements from George Orwell's famous book Animal Farm which in turn is based on the russian revolution. Joseph Stalin even used the nickname "Koba".

Haven't seen War. Does it continue on the same track?
>>
Was there any black characters in this movie?
>>
>>85147091
this
>>
>>85146458
Dawn > War > Rise
>>
>>85147091

Goddammit. War is not kino. It had moments that were great. The scene where Caesar runs back to his family and finds them dead, then lashes out after the Colonel, only to fall into the waterfall as the Colonel stands tall atop a ledge is kino. 99% of the rest of the film is not.

Ffs that kid bawling for Luca when she barely even acknowledged HER OWN DEAD FATHER should signle-handedly prevent even the dumbest of audience members from calling this film kino. Are standards on this board really that fucking low?

It's a film with meandering focus. They had some good stuff with the haunting visions of Koba, but they didn't commit fully and shoehorned in plot points to turn it into The Great Escape. Bad ape being a comic relief Jar Jar Binks (minus his serious scenes with Caesar) is another example of how they didn't commit fully to the personal-story-about-Caesar-and-his-legacy approach and fucked up as a result. There's a lot of admirable stuff in it for sure. But this film just goes to show that even the most restrained summer blockbusters are still prone to all the trappings that result in shameless bloated crap like Transformers year after year.
>>
>>85148944
The apes
>>
>>85151910
fuck off YMS dog fucker
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.