[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>DC decides to fast track the shazam movie >DC decides

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: rock black adam.jpg (143KB, 655x360px) Image search: [Google]
rock black adam.jpg
143KB, 655x360px
>DC decides to fast track the shazam movie
>DC decides they dont need the rock or black adam for shazam
>kills both the rock in the shazam movie AND his own stand alone movie
>the film already has a release date and they havnt finished the first draft of the script or even started pre-production
THE FUCK ARE THEY DOING?
>>
>>85129280

We know in saturday...
>>
Got any actual sources?
>>
>>85129280
The Rock is too expensive and knows his value. They want low to mid tier actors who they can stiff until the third or forth film.
>>
>>85129280
>film already has a release date, but not a script.
This is part for the course with comic movies these days and doesn't really mean anything. As far as the Rock, they may be trying to distance themselves from him after Baywatch bombed, and Jumanji and other movies might do the same. It's not like the Rock is the only person who can portray Black Adam. He doesn't even look like Black Adam.
>>
The Marvel machine already got its fake news spins up and running just before Comic Con. Like clockwork.
>>
You don't need to do Black Adam immediately in Shazam, you can tease him for down the line.

Plus, Black Adam is getting a solo movie.
>>
>>85129419
>It's not like the Rock is the only person who can portray Black Adam. He doesn't even look like Black Adam.

he's brown and has muscles, CLOSE ENOUGH
>>
Spiderman: Houseslavering finally destroyed capeshit new atempts. We just need to let the avengers films end and JL ending with only 2 movies and we'll be free of capeshit for a couple of decades.

Even more when Avatar arrives.

2020 will be so bright for us.
>>
>>85129334

What value? He's never been able to carry his own movie.

It's either a co-star or some ridiculous gimmick movie where he could have been replaced with anyone and the movie wouldn't change. San Andreas could have been Christopher Walken and it would have still opened the way it did.
>>
>>85129280
>The Pebble was about to have a great comeback with a heel turn
>gets btfo
>>
>>85129280
Dc/warner bros is literally just a bunch of rich assholes in nice suits that are throwing a bunch of shit ideas against the wall & sees what sticks.. they dont know exactly what they want to make... thats why each movie has had like an extra hour of "bonus footage"

Marvel/Disney is literally "some" rich assholes in suits that have let a bunch of people who actually enjoyed/liked comics and know what the fuck they want to make & also rarely have deleted scenes.
>>
>>85130439
All Kevin Feige does is focus test your films to an audience of kids and rolls on that. Don't kid yourself. He's cancer and so are you for defending Disney's assembly-line garbage.
>>
>>85129280
the average movie goer will never watch a black adam stand alone. They can't even figure out how to make a flash movie that works
>>
>>85130439
>Marvel/Disney is literally "some" rich assholes in suits that have let a bunch of people who actually enjoyed/liked comics and know what the fuck they want to make
LOL
>>
>>85130243
>no able to carry his own movie
he's topped charts with horribly shitty scripts. he's basically Hollywood gold. Have a shitty movie? just throw the rock in and break even or maybe make a little profit.
>>
>>85130471

Look am I not part of your superhero studio war.. I enjoyed man of steel & WW wasn't too bad, but SS & BvS were complete generic studio crap

That is just what I generally think & see from both studios & i think its pretty fucking accurate... at least marvel literally escaped the jaws of fox(rich assholes in suits) in order to create something they actually wanted to do & was not forced to do something they didn't really care for(venom in SM3).. if you cannot see that you are a blind lil bitch ha
>>
SpiderFlop SpiderFlop
Look at that weekend drop
losing money? Holy Cow!
Not even China can save it now
LOOK OUT! Here comes the SpiderFlop
>>
>>85129280
I was upset when they fucked up Man of Steel and Batman v Superman but it wasn't the end of the world. But if they put out some trash movie for my dude Shazam, I'll never forgive them.
>>
File: kevin feige marvel.jpg (267KB, 1050x704px) Image search: [Google]
kevin feige marvel.jpg
267KB, 1050x704px
>>85130656
LOL
>>
>>85130656
>BvS
>SS
>generic
Give me FIVE examples of films that play like each of them. FIVE superhero pollitical thrillers and FIVE anti-heroes/villains that mix goofiness and grimness. I dare you.
>>
File: rdj.jpg (62KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
rdj.jpg
62KB, 634x634px
>>85130877
>Spider-Man is less than 900k away from Wonder Woman domestic in the same timeframe
>>
>>85131363
Sorry, capeshit is never considered a "political thriller". Grow up.
>>
>>85131606
>doing almost as well as Wonder Woman
Hahahahhahahahahahahhahaa
>>
>>85131363
>BvS
>political thriller
u fukin wot m8
>>
>>85130439

Why don't they fire them and get comic geeks like Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison to be execs since they actually know their way around capeshit?
>>
>>85130243
Clearly everyone is dying to see Jack Black and not the Rock in there new movie
>>85129313
http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/shazam-head-production-early-2018-dwayne-johnson-involved/
>>
>>85131842

>Geoff Johns

Geoff "fuck Martian Manhunter" Johns? He's already in charge.
>>
The animated movies are so much better.
DC owns marvel in that regard.
>>
File: Thunderworld.jpg (1MB, 1984x1524px) Image search: [Google]
Thunderworld.jpg
1MB, 1984x1524px
>>85131913

Cool, but wasn't Black Adam supposed to appear in MoS 2 first? Him not being in Shazam isn't really much of a dealbreaker because they can still use Sivana or Mr Mind as villains
>>
Grant Morrison 'ere governah,
Me and me blokes wrote up a dilly of a Shazam script
First half is Black Adam in Egypt
Second half is Billy in modern American
The ending is black Adam finally returning to earth and they fight

We want Cena as Captain Marvel
And Hulk Hogan as wizard Shazam
>>
>>85132209

Morrison is Scottish
>>
>>85129470
The Seven Deadly Sins could be a good first villain, they escape, run amok in Fawcett and the wizard decides the only way to stop them is to choose a new champion.
Adam for the sequel, he was lost in space after the wizard banished him, with Billy using the lightning, Adam has a beacon to follow back to Earth
>>
>>85132238
Oi Boyo
>>
Rock's movies are cancer when he is the lead. They all fail commercially. His tv show on HBO is bombing but he's funding it now so HBO is keeping it going.

Rock is literally box office cancer when he isnt in a Fast and Furious movie.
>>
>>85132491
That's actually factually wrong.
>>
>>85132527
Audiences are literally peeing themselves from laughing so hard!
>>
>>85129280
>>kills his own stand alone movie
I'm ok with this. I want a good Shazam movie or two first, before they even think about turning Black Adam into a full on anti-hero. I want to see him as a bad motherfucker.
And if they managed to sneak Mr. Mind into the movie I'm gonna fucking cream my pants.
>>
>>85130243
There's a unique line between having to be carried and massively improving with a good duo.
>>
>>85130439
>Being that dumb
If you think that Marvel is anything else than making the blandest and characterless type of film so it can sell everywhere on the planet you are a sad fucking case
>>
File: Snyder Smile.jpg (70KB, 261x317px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Smile.jpg
70KB, 261x317px
>>85131719
>>85131841
>Dodging the bullet
>Not even trying
>>
File: j.jpg (48KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
j.jpg
48KB, 500x280px
>>85131786
>Spider-Man AND Iron Meme beaten by fucking Wonder Woman
>>
>>85129470
>You don't need to do Black Adam immediately in Shazam
I read plenty of comics, and couldn't name any other Shazam villain.
>>
DC just tried to keep Dwayne the Rock away from Marvel as long as possible
>>
>>85136326
He's a better fit for Marvel 2bh. Looks like a man who can quip with the best of them.
>>
>>85129489

Screencap this
>>
Its cool the shills already gave up on Spiderman but damn...you nigs waste no time in shitting on the competition, do you?
>>
>>85129280
This is the disney production plan.
>>
>>85137169
How DCucks can dare to shit on others when their universe was garbage from the get go and D A M A G E D beyond repair
>>
>>85137433
Because it wasn't? I love the DCEU, as do many based on box office results.
>>
>>85135672
Not even Dr. Sivana? Then you clearly haven't read "plenty" of comics.
>>
>>85129280
nigga who cares about shazam, it was literally a bottom of the barrel Saturday morning cartoon with no plot or good characters and then occasionally superman showed up, who fucking cares.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.