[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wheel of Time TV series canceled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 16

File: WOT_Logo_Bronze_400x400.png (170KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
WOT_Logo_Bronze_400x400.png
170KB, 400x400px
The upcoming Wheel of Time TV series has apparently been canceled, sources report.
>>
oh no
>>
Good, I only read the first book but it was terrible and adaptations of long fantasy novels always turn out even worse than the books so I can only imagine how completely awful this would have been.
>>
Thank god. They were butchering the source material.
>>
good
>>
>>85113710
I read the first book as well. was ok.
Decided to get the rest of the series on audio book. Something to listen to walking the dogs.
Let me tell you this is the dumbest shit possible, it devolves into chapter upon chapter of women arguing, stories going nowhere Ran is a fuck head.
Brand is a faggot and aes sedai should all be euthanized
>>
>>85113842
>Brand is a faggot
Leave Amber out of this
>>
>>85113842
Sounds like the kind of series I can get into
>>
>>85113886
I only read books with maps in the front and even I gave up on the series.
It just doesnt make sense after awhile, it makes the later dune novels seem very organised and plausible
>>
>>85113961
>I only read books with maps in the front
chortled heartily
>>
Damn, i always said this was the only adaption that could out-feminism GoT.
>you will never see Moraine twitch her cgi skirt
>>
>>85113961
Hey, that means you don't read Discworld. Damn you.
>>
>>85114024
The only non feminist thing is rand having multiple women after him at one time. But women love that shit anyway no matter what they say.
>>
>we will never get asmr of Nynaeve tugging her braid while telling you to go eat dinner and blushing
>>
>>85114091
Of course ive read discworld. There is a map of Ankh-morpork in the first three pages.
Also you ever look at those depictions of travel distance? There is no fucking way these people are traveling as far as they say.
Fucking if I read "They ate a cold breakfast of hard cheese and dried meat" one more time
>>
>>85114116
Rand murdering a merchantess and her entire entourage when she said hello to him at a watering hole then using the one power to make their decapitated corpses bow down to him was a bit nonfeminist
>>
File: IMG_0211.png (67KB, 847x521px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0211.png
67KB, 847x521px
>>85114183
>we'll never see graphic passion of the Christ-esque dom aes sedai on sub apprentice spanking scenes
>>
It makes me sad that Jordan ended up being such a huge shit writer, I wasted so much of my depressed teenage years slogging through his books just so I had a distraction from being fat and lonely. Then he died and I didn't even get a decent end to the series.

Yes I know Sanderson finished it, fuck me if I'm touching that series again, I don't weigh 300lbs any more
>>
>>85114380
Must have stopped reading by that point. I stopped at the part where he was only beginning to act crazy. Does he go really insane?
>>
>>85114400
I can imagine it was frustrating waiting out the new ones. I read them all last year and I think it's worth going through right now if you never touched them and if you are into fantasy now that they are all out and have a satisfactory ending.
>>
Got a source on that buddy? Can't find anything in 23 seconds of googling.
>>
>>85113146

The story is dogshit so i'm not surprised
>>
>>85114024
>out-feminism GoT

The central joke of the series is that women have all the social power but are still BTFO by male channelers and it comes as a total surprise to them.
>>
>>85114482
He goes pretty nuts. Uses the one power to cpr the corpse of a dead girl, kills scores of his allies in a ree attack, then gets trapped in a box and beaten by aes sedai until he fucking flips out for reals
>>
>>85114685
That's the point of feminism though, uppity women acting superior and being btfo. The nuance is sheer in the books, and it'll not only be lost in translation to a show, it'll be reinforced by HBO. Or whoever picks it up. That's why I said the only adaption, GoT books aren't necessarily feminist either.
>>
>>85114482
Yes. From Rand's POV he's not insane and he rationalises it very well, but everyone else starts to become very afraid of him and at one point one of the Aes Sedai comments very simply that he has gone totally mad.

I hope they do make it because I would love to see half the internet hating on Egwene for being a shit cunt and the other half praising her as literal feminist jesus.
>>
>>85114934
Oh that makes sense, also Eqwene to me just came across as sexually frustrated, did she ever get dicked out in the books.
It really seemed like that was her only problem and she would mellow if she got fucked by someone
>>
>>85114828
>The nuance is sheer in the books, and it'll not only be lost in translation to a show

This concerns me because it's true. There's a lot of meta-context that seems to go right over the heads of most people who claim to hate the series and it'll never make it onto the screen successfully.

Even still I kind of want to see a studio try and make it just because.
>>
>>85115046
She got dicked down eventually but if you didn't get that far then you have no idea how bad she actually gets.

Her character is basically a series of hypocrisy and irony and it drives me nuts.
>>
It was going to bomb anyways.
>>
>>85115139
Gawyn is worse.
>>
>>85115059
>meta-context
I'm not trying to be mean but how can context be meta?
Don't you mean subtext you pseudo-intellectual man baby
>>
>>85115196
You should listen to the Audio book, the guy reading makes him sound like the gayest person on the planet. Lisp and everything
pretty funny
>>
File: 1458672135551.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1458672135551.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>>85114382
>>
File: giv.png (45KB, 778x512px) Image search: [Google]
giv.png
45KB, 778x512px
giv aes sedai gf
>>
>>85115196
Him and Galad getting themselves died for no good reason was great.
>>
File: redgf.jpg (406KB, 719x1076px) Image search: [Google]
redgf.jpg
406KB, 719x1076px
me on the left
>>
>>85115211
Pretty sure it's still context.

The meta context of the story is that men went insane and destroyed the world, and the women who could fight them had to step up and take charge, and that's why women have so much power in society.
>>
>>85114642
Made it up just to get people talking.
>>
First for they should skip the first book and start at the second, adding in only the most important bits from the first book where necessary.
>>
>>85115423
Galad was based in KoD prologue. At least he got a moment to shine. Gawyn was never good. Not once for one second ever
>>
Thank god
They should adapt true fictionkino like The Book Of The New Sun instead of Wheel of Time and all those shitty redditbait books.
>>
>>85113710
>>85113842
Yeah same here, I only read the first book. It was okay, but I had no motivation to read any of the others once I was done.
>>
>>85113146
>Sony
good
>>
>>85115596
I liked Galad all through out.

Gawyn's hatred of Rand was and always will be hilarious though. Rand did nothing wrong, and even after this was proven to Gawyn he continued to hate him because reasons. Can't really remember who was in the scene but there's one where someone points out that Gawyn is just salty because Rand grew into the man that Gawyn was supposed to be, meanwhile Gawyn forgot to mature, joined the losing team, spent half his character arc being dicked around, and wasn't even that great a swordsman.
>>
>>85115759
Ok was it just me or was Gawyn supposed to be gay? I read him as Gay for Rand but maybe i'm confusing it for the well known slash fiction "The Wheel of timeshares on fire island"
>>
>>85115621
Not one twitter or source given?

Nice troll

Here is the latest news from the official website regarding the show:

http://www.dragonmount.com/index.php/News/book-news/wot-showrunner
>Variety and IGN announced today that the long-awaited TV show adaptation of The Eye of The World has finally landed at a production studio with a named writer and executive producer.

https://twitter.com/dragonmount
nothing on the official twitter either
>>
>>85115856
He was a faggot, but not gay.
>>
>>85115974
I don't know why are so happy, you know it is going to be terrible.
>>
>tfw I read up to like the 3rd last book or so when I was about 16
>first introduction into fantasy for me and I was fucking hooked
>was going start reading them again but cbf slogging through all those books again
>tfw the only names I can remember are just the important ones
>>
>>85115974
Why do you quoted me you fucking anal nigger.
>>
>>85116033
There's a really good wikia for the series, you could read the overviews of the first 3 books
>>
>>85116054
accident

>>85116028
i'm not happy

to me its impossible to make their are so many inn's towns etc in the series that play some role creating the sets in any sort of authentic way is impossible and it will probably just be a cgi fest

the WoT universe is bigger than most fantasy novels

and they will make tuon black when she is supposed to be eurasian
>>
>>85115856
Who was Gawyn again?
>>
File: beauty20emma20watson.jpg (756KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
beauty20emma20watson.jpg
756KB, 2048x1024px
omggg emma watson egwene plzzzz

true protagonist of the series
>>
>>85116114
>they will make tuon black when she is supposed to be eurasian
you are my favorite mememaster
>>
>>85116151
Elayne's brother, prince of Andor, biggest pussy in all the lands.
>>
>tfw tugs braid
>you're a wool head Rand Al'Thor
Every fucking time

Min best girl though.
>>
>>85116166
in the wot wiki shes drawn as a nigga though.
>>
Good, I had no faith in them portraying a proper yandere lanfear
>>
>>85116275
Because she is. Mat describes her as being about as black as you can get desu. His exact words are something like black porcelain or black ivory.
>>
>>85113842
I have a question about the goodness of your dogs. Post a pic so that we can see just how good they are.
>>
>>85116188
>>85116275
>>85116317
She's eurasian and just because some fag on the wiki got a shitty deviantart image of her as black does not make it gospel

THERE ARE NO BLACK PEOPLE IN WHEEL OF TIME
>>
*smooths skirt*
>>
>>85113774
how does one butcher feces? I'm disappointed. This show was in line to be the absolute worst thing ever made. Terrible source material, actors picked on forced diversity. It should have been made just to show what a fucked idea it is.
>>
>>85116394
yes their is, semirhage
>>
Most anticipated scenes POWER RANKING

Rand atop Dragonmount > Rand at Maradon > Dumais Well = Mat getting an apology from the Elayne > Nynaeve standing up to Egwene > Rand v Egwene at Tar valon = Mat taking charge of the seafolk/aes sedai in Ebou Dar > Tam calling Cadsuane a bully
>>
>>85116622
no you dumb cunt robert always said dark

as in swarvy like spanish looking and i mean from spain spanish looking

he never said SKIN AS DARK AS MIDNIGHT

cunt

GO CIRCLE JERK TO WOT WIKI BECAUSE YOUR TOO STUPID TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN DARK AND BLACK
>>
>>85116701
calm down kid, Rigney approved art work showed semi as black, get over it
>>
>>85116699
when moraine reveals her mission to lan
>>
Thank fucking Christ. It would never work on a TV budget.
>>
>>85116394
Tuon is blaq
Sea folk are blaq
Rand is blaq

Get used to it whiteboi
>>
>>85116774
actually it wouldn't work as movies so the only option is tv
>>
recommend a low fantasy medieval novel series with lots of warfare and politics

GO
>>
File: IMG_0620.jpg (82KB, 640x922px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0620.jpg
82KB, 640x922px
Who would you cast as Rand?
>>
>>85116818
lol this fucking reddit tier shit this was never a problem say 7-8 years ago everyone agreed a knew what the colour of all the people were and that was white to indian looking with no black

then along came millennials and feminazi's and shitted everything up literally
>>
>>85115046
>did she ever get dicked out in the books.
It was too little, too late. Egwene was the single biggest cunt in the entire series and she didn't get laid until like book 13 of 14. Too fucking late.
>>
>>85116821
>movie format is too cramped
>TV format doesn't have the budget
Clearly there's only one adaptation left: anime
>>
>>85116849
>>>/lit/9768174

go their
>>
>>85116849
Game of thrones books if you haven't read them, the first 4 are great.

Read Brandon Sanderson's new series storm light archives also. It is more idealistic and 'high fantasy' but it is great and will top wheel of time and all other competitors if he maintains the high level he's be writing at.
>>
>>85116883
>>85116898

thanks famalam
>>
>>85116699
Gotta fit Nynaeve bragging about her honeymoon sex with Lan to Elayne in there somewhere.
>>
>>85116878
Worst part is that it would work perfectly in that format
>>
>>85116394
The Seanchan are described as being anywhere from white as snow to black as night. Tuon is a blackie.
>>
>>85116898
jordan > sanderson
>>
>>85116969
'No'

everyone knows the seanchan are asian or eurasian

he just said it in fantasy tones so people didn't say lol he called em all yellow
>>
>>85116898
>>85116954

4th book has a 2020 release date.. FUCK ME i can't wait that long
>>
>>85116965
It would actually. Nynaeve is already a perfect tsundere. Rand is the angst-ridden protagonist. Matt is the much more appealing side character who never gets enough focus. They could do it as a series of OVAs like Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
>>
>>85116965
Japan tried to buy the rights to adapt the first three books decades ago but Rigney said no because they didn't want to do them all just the first ones.
>>
>>85117059
>but Rigney said no because they didn't want to do them all just the first ones.
What a retard. If he had done it they could have very well signed on for more seasons after the first few were done, instead he just throws the whole thing out. What did it even cost him? He threw away money.
>>
>>85116898
He wanted low fantasy. You just gave him high fantasy.
>>
>>85117034
>>85116965
>>85117081

Maybe the guy has actual tastes and expects a high quality format for WoT instead of anime
>>
bookfags blown the fuck out
>>
>>85117024
I'm okay with it I do comfy rereads before each release and I just want him to keep a high level of quality. It will be done before we die
>>
>>85117177
Lol
>>
NOW THEY WANNA SAY

CONGRATULATIONS
>>
>>85117081
specialy at that time, sell the rights to my book to Martians? only to be viewed by Martians? Wont even see it and can still sell it stateside?
>>
>>85117122
Low fantasy is deleterious to the soul. Fantasy should be imbued with spiritual elevation in the spirit of Tolkien. We should look to enrich us and imbue us with a desire for virtue and chivalry
>>
>>85117177
He clearly didn't read the books then.
>>
>>85117283
There's nothing wrong with low fantasy, it's just most people don't seem to understand what the term means, because they keep saying GRRM's books are low fantasy even though they're textbook high fantasy. I blame all the plebs who think high fantasy = LotR ripoff, and the minute they encounter anything significantly different they assume it can't possibly be high fantasy because "where's all the elves and dwarves and orcs?"
>>
>>85116961
>>85116746
>>85116699

Can't forget Alanna channel-raping Rand. That'll go totally uncommented on by the feminist listicle writers over at buzzfeed, despite the fact that it's equated with literal rape a number of times in the books.
>>
>>85117347
what is low fantasy my friend
>>
>>85117393
>fantasy events in the real world

Basically. High fantasy is fantasy events in a fictional world.
>>
>>85117373
Tylin fisting Mat as he screamed the safeword over and over is indelibly etched in my mind
>>
>>85116096
I'm reading the wiki now and I'm up to the second book, there's too much going on and I'm bored of it to be honest
>>
>>85113774
In this case butchering is actually good, unless you really like cow offal.
>>
4 seasons of Perrin crying in the snow
>>
>>85113842
>>85113886
>Sounds like the kind of series I can get into
If you're a teenager that can enjoy Jordan's stealthed submission, mind control, and bimbofication fetishes leaking into the series, you can sort of get enjoyment after the first three books. But that's it.

>>85113868
I appreciate this reference. But Brand was a little faggot, let's be real. Even Random manned up better than him.
>>
>>85117393
>>85117413
This low-fantasy or mundane fantasy is set in our world, high fantasy is set in its own world, that the basic definition
>>
>>85114116
>Rand actually gets a super hot blonde, brunette, and redhead trifecta
>they're all intolerable personality wise but the brunette
>the brunette is the one that everyone thinks acts like a man
>Jordan said he based most of the women on his wife
>spanking and leashing feature prominently
Dude had issues.
>>
>>85115423
Galad only lost an arm. He ended up banging berelain.
>>
>>85117393
Fantasy set on Earth, or a setting virtually identical to earth but with some kind of fantastical conceit. As opposed to high fantasy which is set in a constructed world that has its own unique properties not shared with earth. Low fantasy will often employ real-world places, people, events, and stick to mundane understanding of natural laws until it suits them to be broken. But in high fantasy you can't take anything for granted because it's all made up. The author can establish a completely different set of rules right from the start. Often in high fantasy a lot of the filler stuff is made to resemble our world so that the key differences stand out more. Case in point: Westeros seems like it could be a real continent on Earth, except for the fact that seasons last for years and apparently there's magic trees and zombies. Those are fundamental differences inherent to the constructed world of Planetos, along with various other rules like the general existence of magic and dragons etc.
>>
>>85117748
The red head wasn't too bad by the end of the series.

The only truly intolerable "good" female charcter was Egwene.
>>
>>85117841
which always makes me wonder, how does harry potter fit in? its a fully realized fantasy world but its set in our world, so which is it?
>>
>>85117897
when you get older you learn to respect the female characters more
>>
>>85117373
That was the only scene in any book I've read to make me angry at a character.
>>
>>85117900
It's in a kind of gray area. It's got way too much fantastical conceit to be low fantasy, yet the world isn't constructed enough to really be high fantasy. I'd almost lump it into urban fantasy except it doesn't share the tone or other conventions of that sub-genre even if it has a similar scope and intermingling of fantasy and real worlds. Generally people call it just "fantasy" without any particular qualifiers.
>>
>>85118008
yea its almost urban fantasy but not quite
>>
>>85117900
Oh, Harry Potter is fable. It's fairy-story. It's ur-fantasy. It's what Tolkien sought to be but failed at.
>>
>>85116868
Didn't she start munching rugs or some female character fucked her? I think I remember reading something along those lines
>>
>>85117841
>>85117900
low fantasy is usually written by women and its pleb tier and its aimed at children

women can't write high fantasy that isn't shit

the reason low fantasy is pleb tier is because the writer doesn't have the imagination to create a world like a man can
>>
>>85116849
>recommend a low fantasy medieval novel series with lots of warfare and politics
The Witcher. Though it borders on high fantasy and is more modern politics dressed up in fairy tale clothes from the perspective of a mutant autist.

Prince of Nothing. Really great if you love warfare. But I hope you like the Iliad and weirdo philosophy.
>>
>>85117978
I liked the aftermath though. Rand couldn't be compelled, shielded two fully-realised aes sedai in an instant, scared the shit out of the Two Rivers girls, and then spent the rest of the series torturing Alanna mentally. I especially liked how his three women revealed that they could feel his pain through the bond and that Alanna would have been living with that ever since.

Funny shit.
>>
>>85116859
>We wuz Gunslingers n shieet

>>85116878
I hate that everything animated has to be anime but hell, WoT is pretty anime already. Why the fuck not. It's just DBZ mixed with a harem anime.
>>
>>85118056
thanks but that wasn't the question, also sara douglass did pretty well
>>
>>85117947
True, I did learn to like them more when I reread them recently.

But Egwene was still a massive bitch.

I respect her battle prowess, but not her character.
>>
>>85118086
no thats high fantasy just read the descriptions >>85117841
>>85117740
>>
>>85118053
She got spanked a lot, but married gawyn
>>
>>85118115
i just thought you should know that high fantasy is a mans domain

Their isn't one woman in this thread that gives credence to my assertions.
>>
>>85118053
No. It was implied that plenty of Aes Sedai had munched each others rugs from time-to-time as Novices, and some of them (mostly reds) turned into actual lesbians, but Egwene didn't partake of the bean juice and got her dicking from Gawyn whose attitude toward the world and the people around him suggests he was packing about a two inch weapon at best.
>>
>>85118086
prince of nothing is also high fantasy btw
>>
>>85117947
I learned to hate them more because I interacted with real women and learned most of them aren't like that.
>>
>>85118053
No I think that was Elayne who was implied to les out while at the Tower. Egwyne was so cunty I doubt anyone, man or woman, would put up with her. Gawyn was smittin with her but he's a dumb motherfucker.
>>
>>85118170
I just named a female author that does high fantasy, but yes kiddo generally men are much better at constructing fully realized fantasy worlds
>>
This literally isn't true, why is this thread still up?
>>
File: rD6isFc.jpg (106KB, 1191x1600px) Image search: [Google]
rD6isFc.jpg
106KB, 1191x1600px
here is an accurate artists depiction of tuon
>>
>>85117947
This. Nynaeve became one of my favorite characters upon rereading the series later. Egwene though, there's no excuse. God what a terrible bitch.
>>
>>85118171
>egwene didn't participate
her and elayne were pillow friends
>>
>>85113146
Good, in this political climate it would have turned out shit.
>>
>>85118212
Tuon is

W H I T E
H
I
T
E
>>
>>85118148
That's literally the first time I've ever seen that definition of "low fantasy" which is saying something because I've seen about 4 different definitions.

What you're talking about is historical fantasy or fantasy noir or whatever other fake subgenre name they're using these days. But even if it was the one true definition of low fantasy, given the subject of this thread and the context, it's clearly not what the guy was asking for.
>>
>>85118148
The Witcher is low fantasy by your standards since the real world exists in it as part of the multiverse and it's where humans probably came from.
>>
>>85118251
regardless, both the witcher series and the prince of nothing series are high fantasy, go ahead and google it their isn't multiple definitions theirs one and its been posted a few times already ITT
>>
File: low fantasy.jpg (62KB, 635x219px) Image search: [Google]
low fantasy.jpg
62KB, 635x219px
>>85118251
>That's literally the first time I've ever seen that definition of "low fantasy"
You must not try very hard to find the actual definition then.
>>
Serious question whenever i get into a book something dumb happens and it blocks me from continuing reading

like shitty twist or some shit
>>
>>85118279
yea but its not really cause of the conjunction of the spheres, its its own world, at the very end ciri does end up in our world and meets galahad and goes off to find merlin, similar concept to forgotten realms actually
>>
>>85118202
I read a book written by a woman, it was high fantasy. Something about winemakers making magic wine and owning slaves. The main character basically is a slave that gets raped alot and one day he becomes a magic wine maker because I guess Slaves are treated like shit inorder for the magic to work?
It was better than it sounds, but maybe the woman that wrote it was trans and that doesn't count
>>
>>85118313
A) you didn't ask a question, you made a statement
B) given how stupid you appear to be your impediment to reading seems obvious
>>
>>85118282
Just off the top of my head, I've also seen a definition for the distinction of High vs Low fantasy based on tone (High is more "epic" and upbeat, low is dark n gritty) and one based on world building (High fantasy=lots of magic, low fantasy=little magic).

What website is publishing these True and Honest definitions and when did they start?
>>
>>85118322
try Temeraire, its about a dragon during the napoleonic wars, first couple books are very good
>>
>>85118171
>It was implied that plenty of Aes Sedai had munched each others rugs from time-to-time as Novices

My dick demands source
>>
>>85118212
I seriously wanted her to be white or ambiguously brown. I just have a hard time formulating a sexy black grown loli
>>
>>85118346
>High vs Low fantasy based on tone (High is more "epic" and upbeat, low is dark n gritty)
Completely erroneous, person who said this has no clue what they are talking about. I've read far more gritty and edgy high fantasy books than low fantasy.

>one based on world building (High fantasy=lots of magic, low fantasy=little magic)
This one is closer to accurate but misses the point.
>>
>>85118326
ok i'll give you an example
lies of locke lamora
gets to the part where he is like lets pretend to be secret police and tell our mark that someones trying to rob him when in reality it is us who is trying to rob him

oceans 13 tier shit right their
>>
>>85118346
yea thats the bullshit description by people who heard the term but never understood what it meant, not accurate, whoever your hearing this off doesn't know shit
>>
>>85118300
>some wikipedia editor agrees with me therefore it's always been the definition forever
>picture for the article is from fucking tv tropes

So by your definition is Conan low or high fantasy?
>>
>>85118346
Wiki-fucking-pedia.
>>
>>85118377
she was petite you sick fuck
>>
>>85118369
Any reference to being pillow friends is a reference to Novices fucking.
>>
>>85118384
>>85118398
>>85118403
So basically you're kids that started reading fantasy in 2005 and think Wikipedia is the final authority on everything. Got it.
>>
>>85118400
>some wikipedia editor agrees with me
Yeah it's not like that article isn't vetted by the entire fucking fantasy community, both scholarly and laypeople, or anything. Meanwhile what do you have to vet your definitions? Some dipshit on reddit? Just admit you were wrong.
>>
>>85113842
Skip every chapter from a female point of view and it tolerable, women in this universe are all insufferable cunts with no redeeming qualities
>>
>>85118385
thats a con, if you don't like locke and jeans cons I suggest you stop reading gentleman bastards now its not for you
>>
>>85118385
Shut the fuck up
>>
>>85118440
>being this butthurt that you were exposed for not knowing what genres mean
I've been reading fantasy since the early 90s, kid.
>>
>>85118440
no little buddy i'm 36 been reading since I was like 5, these are old definitions you were wrong just
>>
someone post The Aes sedai fart porn comic. that was hilarious
>>
>>85118385
That's not even a twist though it's literally part of the con and serves an obvious purpose. You pose as secret police, and expose the con to the mark by pointing out things that he was almost definitely going to notice eventually, by doing so you ensure that he won't go to the Duke for help when he figures out he's being had, and instead just continues to hand money over assuming someone else has the matter in hand.
>>
>>85118427
No she was described as childlike many times. I'm thinking that Elisabeth kinny girl but younger
>>
File: 1499116639202.gif (613KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1499116639202.gif
613KB, 245x245px
I'm glad you fantasy book reading fuckheads don't get another series, this thread is a perfect example of why hollywood shouldn't waste a dollar on your kind
>>
>>85118433
My dick still demands source
>>
>>85118448
>Yeah it's not like that article isn't vetted by the entire fucking fantasy community, both scholarly and laypeople, or anything.
It's vetted by a dozen internet autists.

I guess professional book reviewers in the 90's calling A Song of Ice and Fire low fantasy were just deluded and in need of the birth of wikipedia to tell them the "real" definition?
>>
>>85118457
>>85118466
fuck off both of you it was a dumb part of the book
>>
>>85118498
>implying we want more mouthbreathing TV-watchers polluting our discussions
Do you imagine we look upon the GoT threads with envy?
>>
>>85118493
i'd suggest ignoring that poster, if he got hung up on the beginning of the con he's really not going to enjoy the rest of the book
>>
>>85118451
>Skip every chapter from a female point of view and it tolerable,

>skip everything but the prologue, the last three chapters, and the epilogue
Actually this is good advice.
>>
>>85118497
"NO"
>>
>>85118505
no your just a dumb reader, really read something else, locke is not for you
>>
I'm leaving this board, all you fucks do is act like autists and meme and act like hypocrites.
>>
>>85118517
What, are you afraid a TV show would dumb down Wheel of Time into a childish black and white world with and insert unlikeable female characters?
>>
>>85118545
bye forever
>>
>>85118479
>Early 90s
Gonna guess Harry Potter the universal entry level for many of us
>>
>>85118545
Kek
>>
>>85118500
http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Pillow_friends
>>
>>85118498
Lets make another cop drama i'm sure that will get the millions of fantasy nerds to watch our show

lotr lol that didn't do well no point making anymore fantasy based stuff

lets make an emoji film instead
>>
>>85118504
noone called asiof low-fantasy, one of the many reasons it was included in the sovudo cage match, you were wrong its ok get over it
>>
>>85118504
>I guess professional book reviewers in the 90's calling A Song of Ice and Fire low fantasy
Obviously not anyone who actually knows what they are talking about. These definitions have been in place since at least the mid 80s.
>>
>>85118539
Man you are just willfully ignorant. Go reread the books
>>
>>85118479
Ok i'm not him. I'm also in my 30's.
Calling people kid and little buddy makes you seem like your only accomplishment is that you haven't died yet.
It is an emotional appeal to authority.
Of course there are people younger than me who are smarter.
>>
>>85118571
not him, but harry potter was released 97 so not 'early 90s'
>>
>>85118531
If u want, gonna miss some entertaining Matt and angst rand chapters and the lesser big bads being terrible now that I think about it; "let the lord of chaos reign" then proceeding to do nothing
>>
>>85118622
I am and your just being a fucking pedo
>>
>>85118627
I am him and tbf I said "kid" first so...
>>
>>85118598
ASoIaF is about a low fantasy world returning to high fantasy, so I suppose its both.
>>
>>85113146
good.
>>
>>85118571
Harry Potter was late 90s. I was just slightly too old to be the same age as Harry, but I enjoyed the books nontheless. My intro was The Hobbit and LotR and then I jumped straight into stuff by Raymond E. Feist, Robert Jordan, and Tad Williams
>>
I read to book 10 then gave up. Did Fain ever do anything ever again?
>>
stop with the genre shit

low fantasy - women's work

high fantasy - truly male masculine writing
>>
>>85113146
at least we have one more season of shannarra
>>
>>85118654
>ASoIaF is about a low fantasy world returning to high fantasy
Only if you don't know what either of those terms means.
>>
>>85118654
no fuck I'm done with this, it was high fantasy from the start, low fantasy is set in our world, it doesn't mean 'gritty' or w/e the fuck you seem to think
>>
>>85118581
Meh
>>
>>85117713
>Jordan's stealthed submission, mind control, and bimbofication fetishes leaking into the series
Do elaborate.
>>
File: 1316122960002.jpg (49KB, 330x330px) Image search: [Google]
1316122960002.jpg
49KB, 330x330px
>>85118587

All you do is bitch about how any tv/film adaptations are two lines off from the books and how they can't find the perfect actor that matches every feature down to a freckle on their nose

>>85118517

Exactly, all you do is bitch, you guys don't deserve shit
>>
>>85118668
you ever finish the feist novels? it ended pretty well
>>
>>85113146
>The upcoming Wheel of Time TV series has apparently been canceled, sources report.

lies. it's in production as we speak.
>>
>>85118654
>seasons last years
>2 moons
>undead monsters
>dragons
>pyromancy
>necromancy
All in the first book. Low fantasy my ass.
>>
who will be cast as the major characters

morain -
nynaeve -
rand -
egwene -
lan -
matt -
perrin -

etc...
>>
>>85118707
hahahahahha dr. who is shit
>>
>>85118709
No I dropped out during the Dark War Saga some years ago, the power levels were just getting ridiculous. I still have 16 or so of his books on my shelf though, and I still love the Riftwar Saga and also the Daughter of the Empire cycle he cowrote with Janny Wurts. Haven' tread them in a while though, might do a reread when I finish with Tad Williams' newest book.
>>
>>85118763
i liked a lot of fiests spin of stories like talon and jimmy the hand
>>
>>85118763
it ends with pug and the dragon lord fighting the Dark God also a bitching moment when all the dragons gather to bow to Tomas
>daughter of the empire
probably the best thing he ever did
>>
https://exe2gut5zya5cfqh.onion.link/b/thread/724391851/
Can someone find a better source for these?
Some nice man wrote a comic where it is nothing but aes sedai farting and Rand al'thor cutting their heads off.
Its pretty funny
>>
>>85118056
>>women can't write high fantasy that isn't shit
i like realm of the elderlings :(
>>
>>85118797
jimmy was always awesome, so were his kids
>>
>>85118679
>Low fantasy is a subgenre of fantasy fiction. In the study of fantasy literature, it has been defined as fiction where magical events intrude on an otherwise normal world.
Westeros and Essos seem pretty fucking normal by fantasy novel standards. The random dipshit peasant isn't gonna experience any real supernatural bullshit like they would in Witcher or Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>85118672
Earthsea is low fantasy?

>>85118696
Women are at the top of the political world at the start of the series because they're the only ones allowed to do magic and are walking weapons of mass destruction. In Book 2 the continent is invaded by an Empire built on enslaved female slaves that are abused and mind broken until they're little more than trained pets literally led around by a collar. Multiple times stronk independent female characters are contrived to enter into situations where they're publicly spanked. At one point one of the big bads subtly begins to mind control a powerful beautiful queen so she slowly turns into little more than his trophy wife, spending her time dressing sluttily and gossiping like an airhead.
>>
>>85118848

Oi what's with the Witcher shade
>>
>>85118715
>>2 moons
wut
>>
Ok why don't TV exec's make more fantasy shit? What is the major stopping point?

Are the sets to expensive?
They can't guarantee that the story will be completed?
They look at shnanananra chronicles and see that its shit and think high fantasy epics are as shit?

Whats the reason?
>>
>>85118848
it exists in its own world its high fantasy thats how the definition works, not how much magic a peasant interacts with on a daily basis
>>
>>85118848
Except the seasons last for fucking years, the world used to have 2 moons, there's fucking DRAGONS, and a huge chunk of the earth used to be ruled by dragon riding wizards, and there's a hoard of undead monsters living in the northern part of Westeros. And that's just in book 1. This is a textbook high fantasy world, yet because he does political intrigue really well your dumbass thinks it has to be low fantasy. Even though the whole point Martin was making was that high fantasy doesn't have to be totally divorced from nitty gritty real world type shit.
>>
>>85118876
Nothing's wrong with Witcher. It's 10x better than the bullshit GRRM shat out.
>>
>>85118907
It's seriously just very expensive and probably no one wants to go up against Game of Thrones right now. I wouldn't say no one was doing it though. We're getting quite a lot compared to the pre-LOTR film days.
>>
>>85118797
I did always like Jimmy and the stuff focused on Krondor. But at the same time it seemed like we barely ever got any stories set in the East.

>>85118819
Yeah I just lost interest in it, still have one of the dark war books on my shelf I never finished. Daughter of the Empire is legitimately a great book though.
>>
>>85118918
>the world used to have 2 moons
Only according to one myth in Essos. There's no reason to believe that's true that I can remember.
>>
>>85118918
Yeah but besides the long season shit all of that you mentioned was gone before the start of the series. Ice and fire magic only just returned to that world. hence the name "A Song of Ice and Fire.
>>
>>85118928
I hated the way yennifer cucks him though. Fucking can't stand the bullshit justifications for it either. Especially when they were in the same place basically living together.
>>
>>85118848
>Westeros and Essos seem pretty fucking normal by fantasy novel standards
If you totally ignore all the ways they aren't, then sure.
>The random dipshit peasant isn't gonna experience any real supernatural bullshit
What part of that has anything to do with the definitions? And by the way, yes they do, because their world has seasons that last for years. That's a fundamental difference in the physical laws of their world that they just take for granted, it doesn't even register as "supernatural" to them because that's just how their world works. That's what high fantasy does.
>>
>>85118928
Eh, despite both having big political subplots and very flawed protagonists, they're really not that much alike. Both aim for and accomplish very different things and have very different failings.

>>85118986
So the entire series for you is haunted by an event in one short story very early in the series that is meant to show how deeply fucked up Geralt and Yennefer are?
>>
>>85118907

A fuckload of fantasy films flopped in a row, like the vampire/zombie/young adult fads they're wary of getting caught especially when the costuming/CGI cost is so high
>>
I haven't even watched the latest GoT. The series was so shit i dunno why i watch its more like theirs nothing else fantasy tier to watch.

If i was a billionaire i would make a cable tv channel with just fantasy based shows simmilar to the syfy channel
>>
>>85118965
>There's no reason to believe that's true
So are you totally new to fantasy or what? Protip: if there's an ancient legend about something it's basically always true.
>>
>>85118986
If it makes you feel better, Geralt makes Yennefer a cuckquean in the last couple books by shacking up with Fringilla while Yennefer is being tortured and mind raped by Vilgefortz.
>>
>>85118900
It's from the myth that there was a second moon that cracked and dragons came out of it, or the myth that the moon cracked when Nissa Nissa got penetrated by AA. Is NN even mentioned in the show?

I don't think there has been any 100% confirmation that the second moon actually existed, however.
>>
>>85119005
Everyone cucks everyone in the Witcher. It's even worse in the games.
>>
>>85119017
ASOIAF aimed to subvert a lot of those tropes. Hell, they kill a prophesized chosen one in the womb. And there are conflicting legends. Lots of them. Plus it would be totally irrelevant to the plot anyway.
>>
>>85118972
>>85118918
Yeah but all that shit happened ages ago and now theirs hardly any magical shit in it

Normal high fantasy is like dudes shooting fireballs from their wizard staffs and shit like that from the get go.

That's whats expected if you want to call yourself high fantasy.

Not lol long ago we did cool shit but right now we are shit and cant do shit.
>>
>>85118928
Maybe if you're talking about the games, but you haven't read the books if you think they're good.
>>
>>85118972
>yeah but besides the long season shit
You mean besides the one super obvious tell-tale sign that it's set in a constructed fantasy world and not a low-fantasy version of earth? Just fuck off. And the zombies were always there in the books, they were in the fucking prologue. They are thrown in your face from the very fucking start of the books. And still you morons act like this is a low fantasy series.
>>
>>85119036

Are the books any good? I'd heard the translation was shit or something
>>
>>85119059
The games fall a bit for the Bioware style powerfantasy thing where Geralt can fuck everything that moves consequence free. Normally that leads to bad shit in the books. Hell even Dandelion is appalled that he fucked Shani since she was about 16. And they'd literally just met 15 minutes ago.
>>
>>85118871
>In Book 2 the continent is invaded by an Empire built on enslaved female slaves that are abused and mind broken until they're little more than trained pets literally led around by a collar. Multiple times stronk independent female characters are contrived to enter into situations where they're publicly spanked. At one point one of the big bads subtly begins to mind control a powerful beautiful queen so she slowly turns into little more than his trophy wife, spending her time dressing sluttily and gossiping like an airhead.
>tfw wasn't going to read this book because i thought it was feminist propaganda but it turns out it's the opposite
>>
You know whats gunna suck is when someone does get around to doing a high fantasy show all the GoT fans will scream but hurr thats just copying GoT.

Even though the source material would be older than GoT.
>>
>>85119062
>ASOIAF aimed to subvert a lot of those tropes
It aims to fuck with expectations based on setting up people to succeed only to yank the rug out from under them. But this is different. This is world building. You don't waste time reinforcing information about a legend (there used to be 2 moons, then one was destroyed in a cataclysm long ago) from multiple sources only for it to mean nothing. No editor would allow that much wasted effort to be put into a story just for a red herring.
>>
>>85119070
a lot of fantasy books start with there being 'no magic' or its just an old legend w/e their all still high fantasy, if its its own world its high fantasy that simple, the prevalence of magic is completely irrelevant
>>
>>85119078
I've only read The Last Wish so far, but damn is it really fucking good.
>>
>>85119036
Thanx i havent read that far yet. I hate cheating storylines because my wife cheated while I was working overseas and it destroyed my life.
>>
>>85119072
The books are better written than the games, but the games have a better translation and good voice acting. TW3 is actually really unfocused and badly plotted outside of Hearts of Stone. But the acting and cinematography sells it. Meanwhile the english translations of the books are mediocre at best, since much of Sapkowski's prose is basically impossible to translate.
>>
>>85119078
fan translations have been out for years, an official translation has recently been released
>>
>>85119119
yeah but it takes like 3-4 chapters before fireballs mate tops
>>
>>85119062
Except for the fact that we're getting our prophecy bullshit in the form of Jon and Dany, and I don't think anyone here really "likes" them, rather that they're some of the only relevant characters left.
>>
>>85119078
The books are good, but the translation is obviously worse than the games'. Seriously some Poles actually prefer to play the games in English it's so good, meanwhile the English translations of the books are merely ok and tend to be very inconsistent.. I'd at least try them. Not the fan translations though, they're terrible.
>>
>>85119017
gurm is a hipster that actively fights against conventions

it's probably true but not in the way you think: the second moon was an ayylium ship that crashed into the real moon
>>
>>85119167
depends on the book, in locke lamore for instance theirs no magic till about the last 3rd
>>
>>85119070
>and now theirs hardly any magical shit in it
So what, did you just skip the prologue? Skip the parts with people coming back to life and dragons and shit? Completely ignore how dragon wizards used to rule the earth? You are exactly the kind of pleb I was talking about way back: you see something that doesn't look like LotR so you think it can't be in the same genre, because you have no concept of what it means for a setting to be constructed.
>>
>>85119151
The side quests are what really sell the Witcher games, especially 3.
>>
>>85119191
>gurm is a hipster that actively fights against conventions
see >>85119117
>>
>>85119111
It is feminist propaganda but like many beta male feminists Jordan has depraved misogynistic fantasies he's compensating for. They're powerful enough they end up in the books.
>>
>>85119117
I think there's a total of five sentences about there being two moons in the entire series.

>>85119146
Ah, must have really hit a nerve then. But isn't that what you read for? To get involved and feel this stuff? It's not like it was portrayed as a good thing. Quite the opposite.
>>
>>85119198
thats right bitch lotr defined the genre and your shit aint like lotre so it aint high fantasy

fucking deal with it poof
>>
>>85119213
Shit, why is that so common among fantasy authors?
>>
>>85119070
>Normal high fantasy is like dudes shooting fireballs from their wizard staffs and shit like that from the get go.
>ice ghost necromancers
>dragons
>blood magic

????
>>
>>85119210
The Witcher 3's side quests are shit. Unless we have very different definitions of what counts as a side quest.
>>
>>85119210

3 banged out a long, great game with incredible voice acting with killer graphics (for the time), all with a small budget. Shame Bioware is what it is these days.
>>
>>85119274
stop go back to GoT

your just hurting yourself now with your low fantasy book
>>
>>85119186
>Except for the fact that we're getting our prophecy bullshit in the form of Jon and Dany, and I don't think anyone here really "likes" them, rather that they're some of the only relevant characters left.
You've only seen the show, haven't you?

Last we saw them in the books, Jon was dead and sunset found Dany squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.
>>
>>85119191
>it's probably true but not in the way you think: the second moon was an ayylium ship that crashed into the real moon
That's the plot of Prince of Nothing you fagget
>>
>>85119212
but i basically said exactly what he said

>>85119191
>it's probably true but not in the way you think
>>85119117
>It aims to fuck with expectations based on setting up people to succeed only to yank the rug out from under them

gurm's gotta do his shamalamadingdong twist
>>
>>85119250
Not gonna lie I get Butt hurt everytime cheating is mentioned.
I'm scarred for life, this shit doesnt wash off no matter how many other women i've slept with.
If it is no big deal why the fuck has it had such a big impact?
>>
>>85119267
They're mostly nerds that had a ton of time to sit and build worlds in their head instead of get laid.
>>
>>85119352
>Prince of Nothing
literally WHO?

thanks for spoiling that book for me faggot. now i don't get to enjoy it in the future
>>
>>85119356
It is a big deal and it's portrayed that way, I think. I mean it basically destroyed their relationship and fucked up both their lives for years afterwards.

It sucks though man. I hope you can get over it one day.
>>
>>85119376
Actually as crazy as it sounds, the fact that some of the antagonists are scifi aliens that crashed into fantasy world on a fucking space ship is not a big plot revelation of any kind.
>>
>>85119321
>Implying the book isn't following the show now instead
Face it, GRRM tricked us.
>>
File: GRRM.gif (853KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
GRRM.gif
853KB, 245x245px
>>85119437
>implying the book is ever going to come out
>>
>>85119313
>it's only high fantasy if there is magic and shit from the beginning
>stop referencing the first book
>stop referencing the FIRST CHAPTER or the FIRST BOOK

do you kys your mother with that mouth

what about the

>palantir glass candles
>shadow babby
>shapeshifting assassins
>fire prophecies
>reviving people with no homo kissing

explain these
>>
>>85119459

Didn't GRRM have some livejournal thing lately that makes everyone think it's about to come out
>>
>>85119400
Ugh couldn't you have just called me a faggot? I'm fucking tearing up, unexpected kindness makes me cry like a baby
>>
>>85119356
>I'm scarred for life, this shit doesnt wash off no matter how many other women i've slept with.
guess i'm dying a virgin haha

who am i kidding that was always the case
>>
>>85119481
GoT is a mess read a proper high fantasy book like WoT or the Magician

then you will know what i'm talking about
>>
>>85119484
>that makes everyone think it's about to come out
he's been doing that for like 3 years anon

fucking fat asshole if you're gonna jerk me off at least let me finish
>>
>>85119356
You're gonna make it my yute.
>>
>>85119495
>Ugh couldn't you have just called me a faggot?
haha stupid cucked faggot

i hope you get over it anon time supposedly heals all wounds if not you'll be dead and you won't have to feel any more someday
>>
>>85119495
Sorry faggot, no can do. Wish you the best.
>>
File: Gurm.jpg (62KB, 404x311px) Image search: [Google]
Gurm.jpg
62KB, 404x311px
>>85119531
>fucking fat asshole if you're gonna jerk me off at least let me finish
'No!'
>>
GoT is not welcome
>>
>>85119579
It amazes me how much this asshole can create some of the most amazing passages in literature and some of the dumbest shit imaginable.
>>
>>85119579
or this fucking fat asshole
>>
File: 1ef.png (1MB, 607x981px) Image search: [Google]
1ef.png
1MB, 607x981px
>>85119625
>It amazes me how much this asshole can create some of the most amazing passages in literature and some of the dumbest shit imaginable.
>She was sopping wet when he entered her. “Damn you,” she said. “Damn you damn you damn you.” He sucked her nipples till she cried out half in pain and half in pleasure. Her cunt became the world.
>>
>>85119625
It is pretty amazing how the same person that made the Red Wedding work so well even though you knew damn well it was coming wrote "Her cunt became the world"
>>
>>85119678
Don't remind me. For every Septon Meribald or Manderly speech there's a dozen gems like that.
>>
>>85119678
fucking lmao
>>
>>85119672
book starts getting somewhere chronicler gets to the tavern "now tell me your story everything that has happened so far doesn't really mean anything lol you just read like 5 chapters of fluff"
>>
>>85119726
His relationship with denna is the most pathetic thing Ive ever read.
>>
TUON IS WHITE
>>
>>85119672
has that asshole released doors of stone yet? no? didn't think so, fucking fat shit
>>
>>85113961
maps in the front and a lexicon of made up words in the back.
>>
>>85119726
that opening chapter with the my name is kvothe speech was fucking awesome
>>
>>85119928
no dramatis persona list at the start? fucking casual
>>
>>85119916
Apparently he almost finished, then had someone read it and they hated it.
So like an insecure little bitch had to re-write the whole damn thing.
I hate authors the give a shit what their fans want.
If you fucks had your way it would be all tidy ans sewn up like a brent weeks novel,
Fucking nothing but weddings and characters having babies with each other
>>
>>85120000
>>85120000
>>85120000
>>85120000

New bread this one is autosaging
>>
>>85119806
QUENTYN IS ALIVE
>>
>>85119994
at least brent weeks is fucking consistent he churns out books at almost sanderson speed, as for patrick that sounds fucking stupid he's been banging on about how he had the entire story planned from day one, and now he's rewriting it? fuck I hate him
>>
>>85119672
>Claims DoS was fully written when Wise Man's Fear released
>has now spent 6 years editing Doors of Stone
>latest update he says he's about 7/10 of the way done editing it.
>mfw he will spend three more years editing
>mfw no face
>>
>>85119800
He is literally her beta orbiter.
>>
>>85119800
>>85120424
its very realistic, I like how it upsets everyone, that 'relationship' is as true to life as anything i've ever read
>>
>>85118451

isn't that women in every universe?
>>
>>85115345
B A S E D giv gf poster
>>
>>85118385
>>85118457
I read the first couple of books and they were okay but on reflection they reminded me too much of reddit so I stopped reading them. I mean shit like
>gentleman bastards
is straight-up reddit. Plus it pushes the whole empowered womyn thing a bit too much for my tastes.
>>
>>85113146
THANK FUCK! There is no way they'd have a decent budget to do even half the characters. Maybe one day down the track we will get a great adaption but right now, it would turn out shit.
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.