[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whe the fuck watches this and what is this even about I marathoned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: p01m44ms.jpg (109KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
p01m44ms.jpg
109KB, 1200x675px
whe the fuck watches this and what is this even about
I marathoned some short clips on yt and it looks like a cheap tv comedy from 10 years ago
it even feels like there should be laughtracks
>>
Its shit,nobody actually watches it
>>
>I marathoned three minutes of something

this is my favourite type of shitpost
>>
Watch the superior Peter Cushing movies (2 movies) made by Hammer Productions and unrelated to the tv show.

That Who is human, not some regenerating alien.
>>
>>85076635
Well, it's kinda like Star Trek in that regard.
You're not going to those franchises for big budget action-fests.
That's what a Transformers movie is for.
Trek and Who were a bit more cerebral (in their prime, not anymore).
They had a focus more on philosophical concepts that didn't really appeal to a massive audience, which is why the budget sucked.
Now it looks pristine and beautiful.
Incidentally, the show has never been weaker.
Thanks normies.
>>
File: 1497447159412.png (506KB, 828x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497447159412.png
506KB, 828x600px
Fuck off and neck yourself, burger cunt.
>>
>>85076635
s h i t p o s t i n g

>>85076707
He's also mostly non-canon because Americans can't do British tv.

>>85076733
The budget sucks because BBC are not a privately controlled station. No matter how much money Who makes for them, they set aside a meager budget every year. If the show were privately owned it would have literally exploded in the past 10 years.

>show has never been weaker
Oh, so you saw Series 2 did you?
>>
>>85076635
It is kind of deliberately low budget, but for the most part you can tell everyone involved from the writers, directors, actors; is passionate about it.

But really each doctor is a new era, and they're fond of changing out writers/directors/companions about the same time they change the doctor. So each doctor's era feels almost like a completely different show, though it has the same subject matter. And some eras of Doctor Who are way better than others.

I for instance started on the first episode of Matt Smith's run and I FUCKING LOVED THAT ERA. Nearly every single episode was great, it had a lot of good comedy, a lot of good action, sad dramatic moments that made you choke up. Then I watched the previous two eras before Ecclestion (however that's spelled) and Tennant. Ecclestion was okay, Tennant was fun but I still like Matt Smith better. They say you typically like the first doctor you see in that role the most, and maybe it's true.

But then Capaldi happened and the show turned into absolute dogshit, I think they swapped out writers and directors at the same time. I'm not against an old doctor, but this guy is just dull as watching paint dry. And you never feel, at any point that he's a likable guy you can empathize with. I stopped watching after about 5 Capaldi episodes that were a chore to watch.
>>
>>85076887

>Wahh an old doctor they ruined it

You neck yourself too burger cunt.
>>
>>85076937
I specifically said
>I'm not against an old doctor, but this guy is just dull as watching paint dry.

It's not his age, it's the delivery. It's that he seems passionless and cannot deliver a scope of emotions. He can only play "pissed off old man that they aren't serving red jello after bingo".
>>
Were you by any chance watching an episode from 2007
>>
>>85076887
>They say you typically like the first doctor you see in that role the most, and maybe it's true.

your post is proof of this, you say neaverly every episodes was great but matt smith's era had a lot of really shit writing and full retard episodes, which has continued on into Capaldi's term.

Capaldi himself has been great, carrying the show basically, but overall has had awful awful awful writing to work with.
>>
>>85077013
I'll admit, there were a few cringe-worthy episodes in the Matt Smith era. A few with very clumsy writing laden with plot holes. But for the most part it was gold. Something I'd get pumped up about watching every week.

Tennant was good too. I'm not knocking him. But I like Matt Smith's very animated delivery.

For me, Matt Smith fit perfectly into what I believe a British time-traveling alien should be. Tennant was a bit less over the top. But over the top is the right flavor for a character like that.
>>
>tfw we will never see the planned but discarded special season where Doctor Who finds a gimmick that makes him able to regenerate any number of time and he/she/it(as in non-human) dies in every episode until the last one where he loses the gimmick and goes back to being regular limited regeneration Who.
>>
>>85077065
you prefered the loud wacky children's cartoon character version of the doctor, that's fine, that's why we have different ones, to appeal to different audiences.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.