[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does this film with an average story you can't watc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: ferris_bueller.jpg (54KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
ferris_bueller.jpg
54KB, 612x612px
Why does this film with an average story you can't watch several times still capture the imagination?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uY3ImudOv8
>>
Bump for /tv/ history
>>
>That quote
Jesus fucking christ KEK
>>
John Hughes just has a way. He makes interesting characters and puts them in relatively simple situations or average situations and makes those situations extraordinary.

Same with Sixteen Candles, simple story, but great characters and situations that really suck you in.

I guess it helps that 80s teen movie music is arguably the greatest music genre ever.
>>
So is life what he calls Volvos?
>>
>>85066805
>average story
It's wish fulfillment, plus it was the 1980s and shit was pretty repressive then. Remember the President was a former Hollywood personality who hated gay people. Very different from now.
>>
Ed Rooney did nothing wrong
>>
>Life moves pretty fast. If I don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
>>
>>85066805
I saw an SJW article somewhere ,where they attacked the movie for Ferris's whiteness and the use of black dancers in the 'twist and shout scene'
Trying to find it.
>>
Always meant to watch this but get less interested as I'm reminded what it actually is. Is it in the same vein as Click, postures as a comedy but becomes something else?
>>
>>85069125
No.
It's good wholesome 80's entertainment
>>
>>85068253
>Trying to find it.
Why can't you just let terrible things die?
>>
>>85066805
>Why does this film with an average story you can't watch several times still capture the imagination?
I actually can't tell what you mean by this.
>>
File: pepe ppp.jpg (100KB, 1267x887px) Image search: [Google]
pepe ppp.jpg
100KB, 1267x887px
>>85067865
>>
>>85066805
The film leaves you feeling dead and empty because you never had a highschool adventure with our friends of that caliber
>>
John Hughes was so great in the 80s and so fucking terrible in the 90s

he literally wrote Baby's Day Out
>>
>>85069494
I agree with this. these articles are shitty click bait because they know dummies like you will seek them out and by clicking on the article, you're giving them money to read an angry millennials projection of why their parents hate them for being an utter disappointment.
>>
>Tfw you are ferris
>>
File: 1498854117035.jpg (20KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1498854117035.jpg
20KB, 317x265px
>>85068152
>>
>>85066805
It doesn't. You are just easily entertained because of your limited intellect.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.