[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real talk, why didn't historical and fictional generals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 340
Thread images: 40

File: 1486106754759.png (332KB, 951x437px) Image search: [Google]
1486106754759.png
332KB, 951x437px
Real talk, why didn't historical and fictional generals ever think of this before?

It instantly doubles the entire army.

It's brilliant.
>>
Having women in the army is a hindrance.
>>
>>85065631
::thinking::
>>
>>85065631
woman of the north is strong ya dingus
>>
well the united states managed to maintain its status of having the strongest military throughout its existence, we didnt need women
>>
>>85065631
They are not trained to fight.
They are bad and weak fighters.
They can't obey orders.
They fuck and get pregnant.

Go to crusade, few months passed -> half of your army pregnant women now.
Wow, genoius.
>>
>>85065631
Because women are more valuable alive then dead.
>>
>>85065631
women could carry fetuses homie. if you lose men, its ok. lose women and you lose the ability to create population and production of goods while men were at war.

also the rape thing
>>
Women need to have the babies to replace the dead soldiers retard
>>
>>85065631
Great. Now your source of producing new soldiers is gone. And half prisoners of war are going to start producing soldierings for the enemy team.

You couldn't think of a worst way to wreck your country if you tried. Even fucking surrendering is better at this point, at least you would still HAVE a population.
>>
They would be overpowered and draw the attention of other uninvolved nations. Watch Wonder Woman.
>>
>>85065631
It's a feminist line for tumblrinas. Fucking stupid scene. I have never ever seen a show talk about war and include this kind of bullshit MUH WOMENZ
>>
>>85065631
If they get captured they get fucked and are bearing future enemy soldiers in no time
>>
>>85065631
Women fold easier under pressure, they're physically weak and all around bad fighters. The only time they become a threat is when you threaten their kids, and even then it's mostly rabid kicking and screaming with little actual thought put into it. Men are stronger both mentally and physically, hence men have traditionally done all the fighting since keeping calm in a chaotic situation can mean the difference between life and death.
>>
Its the only choice in a fight for survival he literally explains this you dumb cunt, also see USSR WW2
>>
>>85066040
>USSR WW2
And, no women fought in it.
They all were on productions lines, building tanks and shit.
>>
Are we being raided by /r9k/?

What's with the blatant overt hatred against women ITT?
>>
>>85065952
it's bad from a nation building IRL perspective, but sensible against an apocalyptic zombie army trying to genocide mankind
>>
Also, he saw the wildlings woman fighting, take Ygritte for example, he know what they are capable of with a proper training (Something that their own courtesan culture, something like "yaay lets put the woman on pretty dresses and sing me a song", cannot see)
>>
Men are expendable because surviving men of war can spread their seed quickly and to multiple women. Women are not expendable and must be protected because they can only have one child every 9 months. A lack of women in a society with too many men would decrease the surplus population. The reverse would not.

It's basic tribal nature and primal societal survival instincts.
>>
>>85066082
LITERALLY 3 seconds on google
>>
>>85066222
And?
Give me actual history info about it.
Not another USSR propaganda photo to boost soldier morality.
>>
>>85065733
so? you tripled your army by now
>>
>>85065631
Because no one has ever had to fight a supernatural army that dies if you throw obsidian at them, which even a 10 year old girl can accomplish
>>
>>85066131
I'm pretty sure that having zero economy and food production because every single civilian has become a soldier is pretty bad in a fantasy setting too.
>>
>>85066266
Fuck you buddy. He LITERALLY googled a source and REKT you.
>>
God I hope they dont fall for the 'give women bows' meme.
>>
>>85065631
Anon saying WW2 is correct, hell, the night witches were a feared group.
>>
>>85065631

It's called "militia"/"opolcheniye" or whatever civil shit people make in the dire times.
Thinking about "muh vagina" is the last thing people do.

So, essentially, Jon Snow mobilizes Volkssturm before it's inevitable.

Of course, feminists lurking here can't stand an idea of women becoming cannon fodder instead of queenz and shieeeet, so they bitch here.
>>
>>85066361
>source
Do you know how many russian men died in ww2?
Millions, tens of millions.
Do you think 100 women mean something?
>>
>>85066333
You can't grow food in winter anyway, it's already all in storage
>>
>>85066040
>USSR WW2

Thats actually a terrible analogy. Russias population was irreparably damaged, even to this day (I think theyre like 150 million), and tomthis day they are still struggling with population growth Youre just proving that anons point
>>
>>85066270

kek
>>
>>85065631
Now that I think about it, there were also Steppe tribes (Mongolian precursers) whereby the woman could not marry unless she had killed an enemy in battle.
>>
>>85065768
This is unironically the reason women have been historically exempted from war. Men are simply more disposable.

1 man can make lots of women pregnant at the same time but women only get pregnant 1 at a time.
>>
>>85066382
>Anon saying WW2 is correct, hell, the night witches were a feared group.
Another dumb fuck tricked by propaganda.
Nice one.
>>
File: 1499280402491.jpg (42KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1499280402491.jpg
42KB, 500x501px
>>85065631
just stay on your general
>>
File: image.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>85066441
>Men are simply more disposable.
>>
File: 1500069528449.jpg (41KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
1500069528449.jpg
41KB, 396x382px
>>85066117
>>
>>85065631
Women are:

Terrible for morale

Cause training and performance standards to drop significantly

Are an embarrassment to any competent fighting force

And throwing them in combat when they are clearly developed and adapted for child rearing and basic tasks was seen as a waste and frankly silly.
>>
>>85065631
Paraguay fought a war with half of South America in the 1800s and lost almost all of its male population to battle deaths. One decade-long orgy later and they were back up to strength, because the women were still there. That is why you do not send your women into battle.
>>
>>85066082

>And, no women fought in it.

Фeepичecкий дoлбoёб.
>>
>>85066482
>Terrible for morale
There are tribes that had the woman and children stand behind the men so that the men knew if they broke and ran their wives and daughters would be raped. Pretty big motivator.
>>
File: 1499287432733.jpg (100KB, 500x458px) Image search: [Google]
1499287432733.jpg
100KB, 500x458px
>>85066117
>People have opinions I find distasteful!? Impossible! The only way this could be is if my internet boogeyman was conducting a coordinated raid!
>>
>>85066528
Cocи хyй, ceльдь.
>>
There was a russian female sniper that iced around 300 kills in the battle of stalingrad. Women aren't great fighters but look at Ygritte? You're telling me a grown woman can't be physically trained to use a bow and arrow? Get the fuck out. They don't have the utility that men do for sure but they're not useless.
>>
>>85066422

>Russias population was irreparably damaged

Except it wasn't.

>I think theyre like 150 million

>Russia
>vs USSR
>What is collapse of USSR.

Burger. Fucking. Education.
Fucking everytime.
>>
>>85066571
>There was a russian female sniper that iced around 300 kills in the battle of stalingrad.
>Another myth by USSR
>Our brave female warrior killed 300 nazis!
No, it was all a lie.
>>
File: 1495501404598.jpg (592KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1495501404598.jpg
592KB, 1080x1920px
Why hasn't anyone thought about this before? In thousands of years of warfare why has nobody made 50% of their army female? Really makes you think.
>>
>>85065631
>Real talk, why didn't historical and fictional generals ever think of this before?

They did, in similar situations. Ever hear of the Russian partisans during WWII? Same idea.

However very rarely are wars fought on a level of struggle to survive to the last man against a genocidal force - despite war rhetoric to the contrary.
>>
>>85066551
and if the enemy managed to get some light cav unit passed your flank and started butchering your women and children, what do you think that would do to the cohesion of your units?
>>
>>85066571
individual women can be exemplary soldiers obviously. if the army was actually 50% female their would be catastrophic results.
>>
>>85066569
Tы и тaк хopoшo c этим cпpaвляeшьcя, пeтyшoк.
>>
>>85066551
That's not women being in a fighting force, that's them being near combat with a much higher chance of being killed/raped, which is even more fucking retarded and significantly heightens the losses of any non-victorious battle. Men fighting who watch some pretty women get her face bludgeoned with a mace are going to be far more disturbed and likely to break from it since women are not adapted for combat and fighting and men have a much higher natural inclination to protect women and hold empathy for them.

Imagine it in real life. Big burly man gets decapitated by a great sword, it's horrific but it would be easy to adapt to and accept. Some pretty women trying to fight gets her throat slashed? Much more debilitating reaction.
>>
>>85066614
>Russian partisans during WWII
They mostly killed russian people m8.
Burn russian people houses and such.
>>
I watched this with my mom and even she agreed that this episodes GURLLL POWERRR was pushing it.

HOWEVER one can see how Jon Snow would think so. He has seen wildling women fight, he knows that that the undead army also includes women (although there aren't any White Walker women REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.)

But I do still question why he would think that given the first wilding he didn't kill was a weak defenseless woman under his blade.
>>
>>85066571
Ygritte might be the strongest person in the show considering she could hold a bow at full draw effortlessly for minutes at a time, she could smash the mountain
>>
>>85066571
>You're telling me a grown woman can't be physically trained to use a bow and arrow?
A bow is the last thing you'd give a woman you tard. You people play too many video games.
>>
>>85066623
The idea was to not let them past. If you got routed and flanked you were fucked anyway.
>>
>>85066571
protip; that's propaganda, same with other legendary snipers as well
>>
>>85065631
Sometimes women were used for archery, but in melee infantry combat women would get absolutely destroyed because they are weaker and can't carry as heavy armor and weaponry.

But even archery is a problem for the large-breasted because it hinders the draw.

Also, they get periods and they get pregnant which obviously hinder combat effectiveness. They are just much better suited to producing warriors than being warriors themselves. But in dire times they were sometimes used, if the supply of men ran too short.
>>
>>85066657
[Citation Needed]
>>
>>85066404
You are a fucking idiot. The whole point is that when a nations back is up against the wall you need to throw whatever you got. The women in GoT are going to be slaughtered and reanimated if the men die so Jon might as well teach them how to fight rather than stay in a house and wait to die
>>
>>85066082
Read a fucking history book instead of mouthing off on the Internet please.
>>
File: 1498474641544.jpg (44KB, 569x506px) Image search: [Google]
1498474641544.jpg
44KB, 569x506px
>>85066666
>I watched this with my mom
>>
>>85066680
>If you got routed and flanked
>routed

at least read the post you're replying to
>>
>>85065631
If you're thinking in the medieval-esque war sense?

>Fighting is largely Physical where Men excel at (though there is a lot of records of female archers)
>Women tended to crops/food/production back at the mainlands
>Women were almost intrinsically more valuable due to being able to produce children.
>Getting your period week each month could deter abilities (unsure how this is dealt with in armies today actually if someone wants to educate me)
>>
how much grlll pwer do we need before the media stops pushing it on us at every turn. this fad is overdone
>>
>>85066732
I thought his point was that Russia was a terrible analogy?
>>
>>85066754
>at least read the post you're replying to
If they are in behind, you are fucked.
>>
>>85066716
>Sometimes women were used for archery
Stop getting your info from video games.
>>
>>85066743
Ok faggot, write real number of women fighters in WW2 in russia.
And i will laugh at you.

>>85066732
>The whole point is that when a nations back is up against the wall you need to throw whatever you got.
And? This never was a thing in USSR.
>>
>>85066594
You fucking asshole, Im aware Russia is not the whole USSR, but being as they were the most important Soviet Republic they bore the brunt of the fighting. The VAST MAJORITY of the Red Army was ethnically Russian. and drawn from Russia. Dont fucking condescend to me I'll stick my boot so far up your ass you'll fall in love with me and call me daddy. watch your mouth faggot
>>
>>85066725
Shut up, dumb faggot. Its basic logic. It's the underlying reason for why people flip their shit at the slightest hint of a man harming a woman. Are you denying that women are not seen as more fragile (because they are, objectively), that men are not more inclined to protect them given their greater individual value in terms of reproduction, or that you yourself wouldn't be more disturbed by the mutilation of a small woman as opposed to a muscle-bound man?
>>
>>85066470
That's not a Jewish conspiracy you retard, that's biology. You lose too many women you lose your society.

The young men can die and your society can just fall back on what's left of the young and the older men.
>>
>>85066755
>female archers
I want /v/ to leave
>>
>>85066804
You think the Nazi's never had USSR against a wall? St Petersburg was surrounded for years.
>>
>>85066794
I can't tell if you're pretending to be retarded for damage control purposes or if you legit can't read.
>>
>>85066821
>Its basic logic
It's neck beard assumptions.
>>
>>85066843
>You think the Nazi's never had USSR against a wall?
And? USSR never used women as main force.

>St Petersburg was surrounded for years.
Good example. Nobody in the city actually fought, especially women.
>>
>>85066691
>Everything that doesn't fit muh tiny dicklet fantasy is propaganda.

Women were actively mobilized in 1942. But that's understandable, considering that burgershit has never had a war against invaders on their own land.
>>
>>85065631
Women are shorter and not as strong as men
>>
>>85066117
It just hit me, this is the result of /pol/ consuming 4chan. It got popular with the far right media consuming, Trump voting crowd after the election and now these "normies" are stumbling their way into other boards.

4chan can be dumb and easily triggered at times, but it's never been THIS bad. We basically got the alt-right version of SJWs flooding this board now.
>>
>>85066797
>it was in a video game so it didn't happen!
Are you retarded or what? It's well known that they would use women as a last resort, especially among tribal people when the men were on campaign. The women and elderly would defend the camp. Stop being a faggot, anon.
>>
>>85066917
ayy the jig is up
>>
>>85066882
Ah, right. So you're denying all of these claims:

Women are seen as more physically fragile (because they actually are), women are more valuable to humanity as individuals due to the process of reproduction (an objective fact), or that you yourself would have an equal reaction to a more small and helpless woman being violently mutilated as compared to a large male?

You're a retard, to the fullest extent.
>>
>>85066749
Sorry, do you have a bad relationship with your mother?
>>
>>85066920
>Women were actively mobilized in 1942
As medical stuff yes.
As soldiers - no.

I bet more 14 years old male kids fought in WW2 than women.
>>
>>85066942
>muh women archurz cuz women hav dex n bowz r 4 dex

>>>/v/

Bows require an amount of upper body strength that women don't have.
>>
File: 1445910052807.jpg (602KB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1445910052807.jpg
602KB, 2448x3264px
>>85065631
>Not leaving someone to tend to the crops.
>Not leaving someone to keep the supply lines running.
>Not leaving women knocked up at home to breed the next generation of reinforcements
>>
Legit answer?

Who is back home farming and taking care of the children? That is biggest impetus against having women in the army. Just look at Ancient China where the armies would travel hundreds of miles away from home, the women would farm the land, raise the children, run the businesses, take care of the elderly etc etc.

You literally can't have 100% of your usable population away from home or your kingdom will collapse.
>>
Okay so I think we can all agree that keeping women in a STANDING army without guns is fucking retarded. However I think we can also say that having women trained as some kind of emergency militia is more preferable than letting them get wholesale slaughtered.
>>
>>85066967
lol I love it when people think their opinions are objective facts
>>
>>85067049
natural order exists whether you want it or not
>>
>>85066804
>Ok faggot, write real number of women fighters in WW2 in russia.

I'm not going do your homework for you because you're too stupid and triggered to read history on your own time.

Women fighting on the side of the USSR during WWII is well known. I don't know how you missed this knowledge but that's not my problem.
>>
>>85067033
You can't win war in 1 day.
You need to attend kids.
Make weapons.
Make provisions.

You do not want to leave healthy male to do that, so this is women job in the war.
>>
>>85067030
>You literally can't have 100% of your usable population away from home or your kingdom will collapse.
Mongols did it.
>>
>>85066942
t. Retard who has absolutely no concept of bows whatsoever or the amount of strength it actually takes to effectively wield one

>>85067049
You're so stupid it's nigh laughable. Explain to me what there is an "opinion", and I will explain to you why it's reality, and why your denial of it is based in the fantasies of braindead retards and nothing more.
>>
Everyone remember, we aren't talking about a conventional battle. We are talking about LIFE OR DEATH against the undead horde.

Yes, you need women behind to make more babies and to grow food, but that doesn't mean shit if there is a growing army of death at your door.
>>
>>85066117

Edgy retards like to act like they are racist and sexist online but are probably normal people in real life.

Being anonymous lets them act like retards without embarrassing themselves.

I fucking love woman and I don't give a shit what color your skin is as long as your aren't a moron.
>>
>>85067067
lol
>>
>>85066930
How is stating facts about how shitty nonwhites and women are the same as being an internally inconsistent lunatic SJW?
>>
>>85067114
You sound like a bluepilled faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>85067085
Mongols had no established infrastructure. Everything was portable. When they started conquering lands however, they started leaving people behind to manage the subjugated peoples.
>>
>>85067072
So you can't or just do not know yourself.
Nice job.
>>
>>85067114
Goddamnit i hate you because it made me realize I use reddit spacing, and you are obviously from reddit.
>>
>>85066804

>Ok faggot, write real number of women fighters in WW2 in russia.

446110, according to after-war demobilization result for the 1945-1948.
Not counting casualties, not counting partizans, not counting ones who were demobilized later.

Inb4:
>It's SOVIET PROPAGANDUUUUUUUUH.
>>
File: Mongol_Empire_map.gif (31KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
Mongol_Empire_map.gif
31KB, 250x196px
>>85067085
>88 years
>>
>>85067182
>Daily Reminder German women regularly fucked Americans after the war ended because German men were 'losers'
>>
>>85067002
I already said they are a last resort you stupid faggot. Obviously men are superior soldiers in every way. But using a ranged weapon is the most effective way to use a female because she won't get her shit pushed in from a big man on the front line. They also used kids sometimes with slings just to harass. Obviously this does not compare to a group of trained men but it's better than nothing. Similarly, a bunch of peasants given quick training then thrust into military service as fodder doesn't measure up to heavily armored knights on horseback, but they are better than nothing when they need soldiers. Now stop pissing your pants about it you little turd.
>>
>>85067030
>You literally can't have 100% of your usable population away from home or your kingdom will collapse.

It's called full mobilization. Even when it's only men the idea isn't that literally everyone is sitting on the front lines. It means the entire of society is now dedicated to the war machine and all non-essential jobs not furthering the war effort are put on hold. You still have people running the supply depot and repairing things.

Holy fuck you /pol/ types are dumb as SHIT.
>>
File: 1490658538595.jpg (180KB, 1024x839px) Image search: [Google]
1490658538595.jpg
180KB, 1024x839px
>>85067005
Why is this a thread, irl it makes no sense but in GOT everyones going to fucking die anyway if the WW win
>>
>>85065631
logistics my dude. if every man and woman is fighting, do you think those too weak to fight (elderly, cripples, etc) can supply them? fuck no.
>>
>>85067198
>446110
citation needed

>partizans
Killed russian people and burned russian people houses for collaboration with nazis. Nothing more.
>>
>>85067072
>prove your claim
>I can't

That's settled, thanks for proving you're full of shit.
>>
>>85067182
Yeah I'm sure they had a real choice what with all their own men dead or disabled and a bunch of armed Germans walking around.

You can either give it up "willingly" under what you can sort of claim are your own pretenses or you can be held down and raped over and over by filthy German men.
>>
File: kek.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
mmm

imagine being the general of a cunny army

a whole legion of cuncun at your disposal

all yours
for the taking

imagine
>>
File: Bugeisha-1.jpg (351KB, 736x1143px) Image search: [Google]
Bugeisha-1.jpg
351KB, 736x1143px
>>85065631
>Real talk, why didn't historical and fictional generals ever think of this before?
Oh you poor, stupid soul
>>
>>85067114

Cuck.
>>
>>85067198

Oh, yes, forgot to mention.
It was only privates and sergeants.
Fired due to demobilization and registered in respected voenkomats.

So officers are not counted either.
>>
>>85067243
Even so you need to keep someone at home to keep producing new supplies and materials to keep the army functioning. It doesn't matter if you hold a castle if you have no way of maintaining the garrison.

Soldier can't eat bravado.
>>
File: 1497064727876.jpg (238KB, 1337x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1497064727876.jpg
238KB, 1337x1289px
>>85067098
>t. Retard who has absolutely no concept of bows whatsoever or the amount of strength it actually takes to effectively wield one

I am an archer you dumb shit. I've been doing it since childhood as a hobby. Women cannot use the same draw strength as men but they can still use a fucking bow. Do you think picking up a bow burns their fingers due to their estrogen or something and they can't use one? I've met plenty of great female archers at ranges who know how to make their mark...

You guys are either embarrassingly stupid or I'm being trolled. Either way fuck off I'm out. Believe whatever you want to.
>>
>>85067080
So you're telling me if you were at war and some small armed force started terrorizing your home town you would prefer your wife get raped with no resistance than try to fight back? I'm not sure what people in this thread are arguing for? Are we saying women shouldn't be in a standing (I.e permanent) army? Only makes sense if the setting has firearms. Are we saying women shouldn't even be trained with some weapons? That's stupid, if you're being invaded you want every person to be able to defend themselves to help kick the invaders out
>>
>>85067334
You can just live off the land, mountains of historical precedence.
>>
>>85067178
>do not know yourself.
Of course I don't know off hand. Do you think I have a doctorate in war history with a focus on the Eastern Front? This might blow your mind, but not everyone pretends to be know things on the Internet like you do.

I do however know some basic history, which you clearly do not.
>>
>>85067353
t. Retard larping as an archer

Stop lying and get back to me when you've accepted reality
>>
File: Femme-47-ronin-seppuku-p1000701.jpg (675KB, 1543x2211px) Image search: [Google]
Femme-47-ronin-seppuku-p1000701.jpg
675KB, 1543x2211px
>>85067290
You really expect me to believe women in Japan, who werent even allowed to act in or attend kabuki theater were in any way warriors? Confucianism is one of the most gender role restrictive systems ever and Japan was very confuciastic under in the Edo period when that photo was likely taken.

Wives of Samurai were expected to kill themselves after their husbands did.
>>
>>85067250
>http://poteri-sssr.livejournal.com/17253.html

>Killed russian people and burned russian people houses for collaboration with nazis

>Killing collaborating traitors is bad.

Boпpocoв бoльшe нe имeю, yёбoк, дpoчaщий нa Tpeтий Peйх нe мoжeт cмиpитьcя c тeм, чтo нeмцaм мaлo тoгo, чтo yнтepмeнши нaвaляли, нo eщё и бaбы yнтepмeншeй.
>>
>>85065631
soviets did it, but not really

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Witches
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_Battalion_of_Death

there were also 89 women who received the Russian equivalent of the Medal of Honor, but there were very few if any female officers
>>
>>85067309
>It was only privates and sergeants.
Do you know - medical stuff was part of the army.
In whole WW2 was only 20 russian women who served in tank.
>>
File: do it.jpg (7KB, 261x146px) Image search: [Google]
do it.jpg
7KB, 261x146px
>>85067401
you've clearly don't understand what a bow is, anon. you're just making yourself look even stupider now so you should just stop.
>>
>>85067334

No one thinks that logically in this series tho
>>
>>85065631
they are fighting zombies
>>
>>85067359
It takes resources and time to train people. Why would you bother training women in combat when you could train men and get better results
>>
>>85066755
>female archers

Fun fact: it takes a lot more strength to use a longbow than it does to put a sword through someone
>>
File: 1483523495613.png (360KB, 750x713px) Image search: [Google]
1483523495613.png
360KB, 750x713px
>>85067466
>stupider

Proven for retard. You = BTFO
>>
File: 4L_6msO3UIw.png (181KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
4L_6msO3UIw.png
181KB, 750x1334px
>>85066804
800k vaginas served in ww2 era USSR forces, including combat roles.

Literally 2 seconds on google.
>>
>>85067443
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_Battalion_of_Death
This is was nothing real.
Just propaganda trick by new USSR goverment.
>>
>>85065733
>They are not trained to fight.
well then train them you moron

>They are bad and weak fighters.
>bad
depends on how you train them

>weak
give them ranged weapons then

>They can't obey orders.
that's stupid.

>They fuck and get pregnant.
some do, most don't.

still a good deal, if you ask me
>>
99/100 wars were only fought by a small portion of the population.

How the fuck do you think Rome was able to field a 4th army vs Hannibal after being completely wiped out so many times? They just decided to leave 90% of their fighting men at home to lose when they could've just brought the whole population and outnumbered them 50 to 1?

Fucking think a little bit. It takes money, resources, time, training, and an economy to support all of it. You can put a sword in the hand of everyone man woman and child and your army will be broken after the first charge on top of your lands being void of people to rule.
>>
>>85067290

weren't samurai women taught just enough to defend the home?
>>
>>85067514
well maybe it was mostly propaganda but there are even german sources describing attacks from all female units
>>
>>85067290
>>85067414
>>85067524
>Some women belonging to samurai families committed suicide by cutting the arteries of the neck with one stroke, using a knife such as a tantō or kaiken. The main purpose was to achieve a quick and certain death in order to avoid capture. Women were carefully taught jigai as children.[citation needed] Before committing suicide, a woman would often tie her knees together so her body would be found in a dignified pose, despite the convulsions of death. Jigai, however, does not refer exclusively to this particular mode of suicide. Jigai was often done to preserve one's honor if a military defeat was imminent, so as to prevent rape. Invading armies would often enter homes to find the lady of the house seated alone, facing away from the door. On approaching her, they would find that she had ended her life long before they reached her.

Based Japan, ensuring their women wouldn't get taken and raped after losing a battle.
>>
>>85067504
Kek.
Also, most of them - medical stuff.
And on combat roles.
>>
>>85066813
>what the fuck did you just fucking say about me you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the US Navy SEALS and have over 300 confirmed kills

nigga shut ya scrawny ass up
>>
>>85067551
The dude is just calling everything that shows women have clearly fought throughout history as propoganda.

We have letters home from German soldiers describing the fright at being raided by the Night Witches.
>>
>>85066270
Brilliant!
>>
>>85067369
Not when the land is swarming with magic zombies
>>
>>85067353
>he thinks recreational shooting at stationary targets is actual archery
>>
>>85066825
Yup. Lots of women + Some men = sustainable, Lots of men + Some women = rip your society

It's just cause of biology, the first set up still equals lots of babies while the second does not.
>>
>>85067566
>Based Japan, ensuring their women wouldn't get taken and raped after losing a battle.
It's common. There was a city under seige from the mongols and all the woman jumped off the city walls. Xi'an perhaps
>>
>>85067591
>We have letters home from German soldiers describing the fright at being raided by the Night Witches.
Tell me m8.
How the fuck do you know woman piloting this aircraft?
You can't.
But you fear them, because USSR used such things as propaganda.
>>
>>85067603
OP asked for actual historical precedence as an option, that's what I'm referring too.
>>
>>85067591
>We have letters home from German soldiers describing the fright at being raided by the Night Witches.
Everybody was afraid of being strafed in WW2 that doesn't prove anything at all. You can't even tell if a pilot is a woman at night.
>>
>>85067369
Can they scrounge new weapons from the land? When the swords start to dull, and the quivers run empty, will they find new ones in the wild lands?
>>
retards there was a reason for them not being used, you think nobody in the history of ever thought about it?
>>
>>85067353
Yeah I'm sure they have access to carbonfiber arrows and composite/recurve bows in GoT, it fits the lore.
Try giving your archer-grills a longbow and arrows designed for war and see how they fare.
>>
>>85067151
>>85067195
>>85067293

See
>>
>>85067702
You can when you shoot them down, or look at regiment records, or interview them (a lot of them lived into the 90's). There are photos.
>>
>>85067738
Average libcuck unironically thinks they are a higher evolved form of human compared to everyone in the past with vastly superior intellect, as if the original engineers of all civilization didn't have reasons for why they thought the way that they did and were just evil dumb bigots
>>
>>85067728
It's normal to scavenge a battlefield. Supply lines sure as shit weren't sending sharp swords lol
>>
>>85067524
Not quite. The ones of higher social status were trained often as much as men, but were expected to keep up their 'lady' education as well. When war came, and there wasn't enough, men, women would be mustered as unofficial auxilliaries to bolster the numbers.
>>
>>85067456
>medical stuff was part of the army.

>Implying that medics never go in frontlines.

>In whole WW2 was only 20 russian women who served in tank

>What is airborne divisions.
>What is 1oжeндoбpcбp of NKVD

Not even mention the working in the Anti-Aircraft units.

Shame, the ancient Russian wisdom of "Don't bother proofing everything to idiot, it's more cost-effectiv, quicker, and fullfilling just to knock his teeth out" is proven right yet again.
>>
File: 0_5041a_b3525b4b_XL.jpg (40KB, 433x650px) Image search: [Google]
0_5041a_b3525b4b_XL.jpg
40KB, 433x650px
This is USSR war hero and she has many medals, and was big hero in USSR.
What she actually done?
Burn 3 houses, with russian people in the.
Captured by angry russian people.
Hanged by nazis.

Typical USSR propaganda.
Making hero from nobodies.
>>
lol i'm sure some women fought here and there but they mostly just worked and reproduced that is a very important job, essential to survival
>>
File: freshmeat.jpg (96KB, 605x612px) Image search: [Google]
freshmeat.jpg
96KB, 605x612px
>>85065631
What a great idea. And during America's next great war with Russia, expect to see live feeds everywhere showcasing thousands upon thousands of naked American female POWs being lined up and simultaneously raped by bydlo bulls in Siberia, broadcast globally for all to see. Just rows and rows of cold, exhausted American sluts being raped until they either love it or die (probably both). Their dog tags used as leashes or chokers as they're bent over by Russian conscripts who hump the Yankee SHIT out of them, their milky white asses slapping around with every frantic Slavic thrust. Their husbands at home or on the battlefield being cucked into oblivion until they go insane and kill themselves.

What a great fucking idea.
>>
>>85067806
Yes they are. Especially when you move past the bronze age, and move into iron, you'll find soldiers needing weapon replacements when the stiffer iron based weapons broke. It's a lot harder to fix those, and often easier to get a new one than to fix the old.

>It's normal to scavenge a battlefield
Assuming the enemy didn't already.
>>
>>85065631
Men fight. Women make sure they are able to fight. It has been this way for 100,000 years. Get used to it.
>>
>>85067862
You realize there are women in the Russian military too, right?
>>
>>85067504
Now he will try grasping the straws off
"HURR IT DOESN'T COUNT BECAUSE THEY WERE IN NO COMBAT ROLES".

It's pointless to argue with a faggot if you can't punch him or maim him in the process.
He has a good democratic right to express his retarded opinion, and is not afraid to use it.
>>
>>85067862
You've been fantasizing about this for a long time haven't you?
>>
>>85066117
t. arch cuck
>>
>>85067752
Anon, composite and recurve bows have existed for thousands of years. Are you sure you know what you're talking about?

I believe you are thinking of the compound bow, which uses pulleys to aid the draw.
>>
>>85067830
>Burn 3 houses, with russian people in the.
>not a hero
>>
>>85067824
>>What is airborne divisions.
Now write women vs men numbers in aircraft divisions.

>Anti-Aircraft units.
Mostly propaganda, USSR even made many movies to sustain this myth.
>>
>>85067768
si*
>>
>>85067941
>Now write women vs men numbers in aircraft divisions.
lol them goalposts
>>
>>85067862
I unironically want this.
>>
>>85067830
Considering that you are making heroes from literal losers, who got fucked so hard their country split it too...
>>
>>85067905
>in the Russian military too
Not on frontlines m8.
You will see 0 women in Ukraine.

I doubt any woman was in Chechya war or Afganistan.
>>
>>85066471
sexism isn't allowed on /tv/, so how about you fuck off back to ifunny, retard
>>
>>85067862
Only if the U.S does the same with Russian women.

A giant war where the victor is decided not by bullets but by cumshots
>>
>>85067985
>Not on frontlines m8.
There's none on the frontlines in the American military either.
>>
>>85067862
We won't even rape your dykes, burger.

We will just shoot them on sight. You will be less than literal filth by that moment and we won't be as cucked on the whole "average Joe is alright, it's le ebul government".

I swear, Russians would have much less problems, if they'd just exterminate every nation that was attacking them instead of trying to make friends for the retarded humanistic reasons.
>>
>>85067967
We already know, 20 women who served in tanks, during whole ww2.
20 m8.

You can say - BUT MUH WOMEN IN ARMY.
In reality it was a joke compared to men.

Medical stuff - yes, 50%. But who actually fought? Nah.
>>
>>85065733

Also, it causes men to then do stupid and dangerous things to keep the women alive.
>>
>>85065631
Celts often brought their families with them to war. Sometimes the women fought too. It was a disadvantage to them.
Women and children prevent a speedy retreat so when a celt army lost it always lost totally.

Also women suck at fighting. They were left in defense of the baggage. Never used as proper soldiers.
>>
File: 1494707114509.png (327KB, 716x661px) Image search: [Google]
1494707114509.png
327KB, 716x661px
>>85067994
>sexism isn't allowed on /tv/
>>
>>85067985

>You will see 0 women in Ukraine.

Of course. Because there is no Russian Army in the pigkraine.
>>
>>85068044
It would certainly make wiping them out seem like less of a bad thing.
>>
>>85068038
Well, USA has women pilots.
I doubt russia has such women.
>>
>>85068044
>seriously implying Russia could go toe to toe with America in a conventional war

KEK

This is pure delusion. Only reason anyone is delicate with Russia is nukes, that's literally it.
>>
>>85068061
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_follower
>>
File: 1467246974512.gif (500KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467246974512.gif
500KB, 500x200px
>>85068044
You must be American, since only they would be stupid enough to think Russia is capable of winning a war against anyone other than dipshit countries like Ukraine.
>>
>>85065631
Because it's fucking retarded that's why. Given the setting, women in combat would be disastrous for your civilization. They lack the musculature to be armored and swing heavy weapons effectively so your're basically sending your breeding stock to be slaughtered as meat shields for your actual soldiers.

So most of your women die, you win but you die anyway cause no kids. Now if the women stay behind, if even one dude survives the conflict you can repopulate.
>>
>>85066270
I laughed
>>
>>85068065
Global rule 3, fucking newfag. Christ this place has gone to shit.
>>
>>85068044
>I swear, Russians would have much less problems, if they'd just exterminate every nation that was attacking them instead of trying to make friends for the retarded humanistic reasons.
You're stupid as fuck.
>>
>>85068140
>implying Global Rule 3 has ever actually been enforced

lmfao. If it was all of /pol/ would have been permanently banned years ago.
>>
Guys, Jon is desperate

Theres a fucking ice zombie army approaching

Dont get why the enlisting women shit is getting so much shitposting
>>
>>85068087
>It would certainly make wiping them out seem like less of a bad thing.

Krauts thought so as well. As were Frenchies.
>>
>>85068141
Prove me wrong, faggot.
>>
>>85068169
>Dont get why the enlisting women shit is getting so much shitposting
insecure /r9k/ babbies
>>
>>85068140
Is a law a law if no one obeys it and no one enforces it?
>>
>>85068105
Thank you for the unrelated link. That isn't what I am talking about. Camp followers were there as labourers. In celt armies the woman were there in a semi combat role.
The baggage was used as a last point of defense of which they were the defenders.

However it sucked. They wernt good at fighting and it prevented effective retreats. They just got in the way. This is according to the Romans who were wrecking Celts non stop.
>>
>>85068169
It is ok to enlist woman if you are facing zombie apocalypses.
But it isn't working in real world.
>>
File: 572d3af5cfb35.jpg (125KB, 542x382px) Image search: [Google]
572d3af5cfb35.jpg
125KB, 542x382px
>>85068178
They failed at not being the Mongols.
>>
>>85068227
No, because it's a legitimately stupid strategic decision you fucking asshat.
>>
>>85068286
And here we have another insecure /r9k/ babby
>>
>>85068218
>exterminate the population of your enemy nation
>no one left to run the economy
>don't have the population to spare to repopulate the new territory
>other nations see you as a bloodthirsty piece of shit and dog pile you and exterminate you in kind

Yeah, brilliant military strategy. Why aren't you in the Kremlin?
>>
>>85065631
Aren't some kurd women fighting isis out there right now?
>>
>>85065631
Yes in 6000 years of civilization you were the first brilliant mind to consider it
>>
>>85068338
some but mostly its just propaganda
>>
>>85068318
Ok explain to me how women in a Medieval setting would be anything but a liability on the battlefield? Can a woman swing a great sword? Can a woman march in chain mail for hours?
>>
>>85068363
>only 6000 years
>implying
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6bekli_Tepe
>>
>>85066270
this
>>
>>85068169
The op is asking about it in historical context dummy
>>
>>85065631
that's not what he was suggesting. the idea was that women and children would be trained so that they could at least fight and defend themselves
>>
just wait till the women cant hold the line and the entire formation breaks, thus costing him the victory
>>
>>85068405
No, they can't be expected to march with the men, but they can fire a short bow or sling. Better than nothing right?
>>
>>85068398
yea, mainly white faggots from stormfront on /pol/ saying there's really not that many women fighting and that they don't have to worry about scary evil women being stronger than they are
>>
>>85068398
To be honest, women always used primary as propaganda, when men start to flee.
Like - look, even weak women fighting, go back to frontlines.

You can say anything, but in the wars even now 90% or more - men.
Women soldiers - still big anomalies.
>>
>>85068412
Built by hunter gatherers. Only pseudo scientific drug addicts think otherwise.
>>
>>85065631
you know what else could double an army? These dubs lmao
>>
>>85068484
well you can believe whatever you want friendo
>>
>>85068405
>hi I am completely uncultured and know nothing of historic women like Joan of Arc please tell me that the boogieman known as "strong women" doesn't exist so I can sleep well tonight
>>
>>85068484
Lol at the bitterness.
>>
File: chukonu1.gif (16KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
chukonu1.gif
16KB, 300x186px
>>85068405
When you need extra manpower on the walls and a lot of cheap, expendable repeating crossbows on standby
>>
>>85068483
>Better than nothing right?
1. Aristocrats obviously out of questions.
2. You will use peasants.

After war all your women peasant dead and you have nobody to grow food. And give birth to new peasant.
Nice.
>>
>>85068483
Bait right? Have you ever drawn a wooden bow? This isn't the movies. It took years of practice for Saxon men to effectively draw and fire a longbow.
>>
>>85068525
>joan of arc
>historic
>>
>>85068525
>historic women like Joan of Arc
m8, need i even say anything?
>>
File: 12564234573.png (143KB, 304x303px) Image search: [Google]
12564234573.png
143KB, 304x303px
>>
What about the kyudo japanese women, that's archery at it's finest
>>
>>85068263
They're kind of similar.
And often camp followers engaged the enemy (meaning the opposing army slaughtered the friendly army as well as the camp followers left behind)
I just noticed the similarities but the celtic followers were pretty different
>>
>>85068552
If they're all going to be genocided anyway why does it matter if the women die? If only the men die the women will just be taken as sex slaves for the enemy so it's still better for them to die in combat even if they don't kill anyone.

>>85068567
I specifically said a short bow or sling.
>>
File: 1496177991294.png (1MB, 3630x1615px) Image search: [Google]
1496177991294.png
1MB, 3630x1615px
>>85068412
>implying implications
>>
>>85068689
no it isnt, if the women rout or break the line you will surely lose
>>
>>85068489
>A gigantic fucking city with intricate animal carvings
>Clearly this structure exclusively seen in agricultural societies was built by hunter gatherers
>>
>>85068689
>If they're all going to be genocided anyway why does it matter if the women die?
Never was a thing.
Heck, in medieval times you never even executed nobles.

>will just be taken as sex slaves
You talking about some tribal shit.
>>
>>85068656
see
>>85067414
Women were treated like garbage in Japan until after WW2 because of confucianism.
>>
>>85068719
But they aren't on the line, they'd be skirmishers used to harass the enemy with projectiles.
>>
>>85068768
I said that only because so many posts saying lack of force is a thing
>>
File: ward.jpg (141KB, 550x487px) Image search: [Google]
ward.jpg
141KB, 550x487px
>>85066222
That's awesome, they are marching to war! But where is the corresponding photo of a hospital filled with women who were wounded in battle, many missing limbs or disfigured beyond recognition and barely clinging to life? I spent several more seconds on google and can't seem to find it.
>>
>>85068787
again im not a general or anything but if they werent used even in sieges back then, it was for a reason
>>
>>85068748
I assumed we were talking about a similar situation to OP with the white walkers where an enemy was coming to genocide you and you had no choice.
>You talking about some tribal shit.
Well yes. Think about Genghis Khan. He genocided plenty of villages. In that case I'd rest easier knowing my wife died taking out a couple of those fucks rather than living as a sex slave of my enemies.

If your enemy was just suppressing a revolt or something and wanted to keep your populace alive obviously putting women into combat is dumb, but in a genocidal/conquest situation it seems preferable to me.
>>
>>85068863
Bad for propaganda image.
>>
>>85068733
I'm joking. I'm referring to a Joe rogan podcast where two experts try to debunk it. They arnt very convincing and they just character assassinate a guy who is into his drugs but seems to talk a lot of sense on ancient civilizations.
>>
>>85068489
So hunter gatherers were able to stay in one place long enough to build all that shit?
Get real.
>>
Generally speaking the only time you see women recruited to fight is in absolutely dire situations. Women would sometimes be forced to defend in sieges where defeat would mean execution of the whole settlement.

Physiologically, women are at a massive disadvantage against men when it comes to waging war.
>>
>>85068898
>In that case I'd rest easier knowing my wife died taking out a couple of those fucks rather than living as a sex slave of my enemies.
I bet your wife will prefer be alive and suck asian cock, than die horribly.
>>
File: 1497900014077.jpg (6KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
1497900014077.jpg
6KB, 225x224px
>>85068489
>>
>>85065709
Women were put into factories. They built armaments & supplies.
>>
>>85069017
she only likes black
>>
>>85068899
ok use your magic google powers to tell me how many uniformed female combat casualties there were in all wars between 1930 and today. Peasant insurgencies don't count, professional soldiers only.
>>
>>85065733
yeah let's listen to the fat NEET who is an expert on war lmao
>>
>>85065631
>Bigger army wins every time
That's not how war works
>>
File: 3t.jpg (41KB, 387x232px) Image search: [Google]
3t.jpg
41KB, 387x232px
>>85065631
Studied this in grad school.

It was actually pretty common to have women fighting in two roles:

1. Defending home or castle (Spartans are a good example, while male armies are away your women should be able to take arms to defends the home)

2. Leading a force against an enemy while you led a force against another enemy

This was not done for "social justice."

It was done for power and to murder innocent people in horrible, suffering agony to selfishly get more shit for yourself and yours.
>>
>>85065709
there are literally thousands of women in the american military
>>
>>85068869
I'd imagine it would be rather hard to convince the average woman to go into combat in the first place. Maybe it was just more trouble than it was worth all in all.
>>
>>85069067
Go to war with woman.
You can be years on frontlines.
Woman suddenly pregnant.

What to do?
>>
>>85068996
joe pls
>>
>>85069017
Not necessarily true. Somewhere up in the thread they were talking about how Japanese women would kill themselves before being taken prisoner. Women often killed themselves and their children when a bloodthirsty army was pouring in through the gates.

I know I personally would prefer to die than be gang raped by foreigners if I were a chick.
>>
>>85069092
>Studied this in grad school.
>It was actually pretty common to have women fighting
Your school was a jewish marxist shithole.
>>
>>85069092
reminder that morals are a spook
>>
>>85069129
Falcon punch and tell her to get back to her post.
>>
It's the logical conclusing to this whiny nu-redpill male online activism to demand that women fight in the military. Can you really blame women for not wanting to date you guys? You're worse than the SJW ever were.
>>
>>85069175
It was well known that Native Americans had women and old bastards staying in the tents ready to defend the camp when the men were away.
>>
>>85065631
because historical generals didn't want menstruating, weaker, with virtually no training soldiers that would almost double the spending of resources and rallying time
I hope you were being ironic because that is some serious normie and retarded logic
>>
>>85069214
Let me let you in on a secret.
That was sarcasm and you have autism for being unable to detect it.
>>
>>85069172
>Japanese women would kill themselves before being taken prisoner.
They was forced to do that.
>>
>>85069263
You can't detect sarcasm through text.
You can only assume it's bait
>>
File: 1498730813336.jpg (137KB, 600x602px) Image search: [Google]
1498730813336.jpg
137KB, 600x602px
>>85067487
Why does no one seem to understand this
>>
>>85069092
Yes so as we can see women were often used when times were desperate and no one else was available. They were the D team.
>>
File: 1500223125147.gif (2MB, 512x338px) Image search: [Google]
1500223125147.gif
2MB, 512x338px
>>85066270
Jesus Christ. I wasn't expecting this
>>
File: Alex Surprised.png (89KB, 261x238px) Image search: [Google]
Alex Surprised.png
89KB, 261x238px
>>85066270
You should be in the army.
>>
>>85066930
You're new if you think Trump has anything to do with this. Trump is the result, not the cause.
>>
>>85067504
>wikipedia
>>
Women can't fight.
t. finnish military service, met some volunteer women during my year, they were shit. And yes, they do fuck. Most fuck a lot.
>>
Oh God, this thread is so retarded
>>
>>85066216
Doesn't matter if losing means the extinction of the species anyway.
>>
>>85069175
No it was just practicality. War is not glorious. So:

>>85065733

Pregnant or not, bodies are bodies are bodies. Meat shields are meat shields and war corpses are corpses.

People who throw women into war in the past or today are using them as cannon fodder and just figure there will always be some women to survive to breed for labor later on.

Yes lots of people have had women train to fight. And it's not to help women or out of respect for women. People are used to get shit for yourself.

I'm not really passing judgment on whether this is good or bad. You're arguing my study was "communist" for saying using people as meat shields is bad, I guess. I'm not saying it's bad, just that the long history of people who taught women to use swords to defend their home village were thinking practically and not about anything but helping themselves.

Yes ISIS using female suicide bombers is the same. Moral or not? It's simply effective enough that over the millenia it's been replicated a lot.
>>
File: rape of the sabine women.jpg (369KB, 1220x821px) Image search: [Google]
rape of the sabine women.jpg
369KB, 1220x821px
A societies ability to reproduce is limited by the number of women it has rather than the men.

Example:

Breeding Population=100
Men=50
Women=50

If 25 men die, 50 women can still get pregnant. Thus, 50 children can be produced.*

If 25 women die, only 25 women can get pregnant. Therefore, you only get 25 children.

So you can see that, from a long term survival point of view, women are more important than men. This leads us to the conclusion that men are going to be recruited for war more often than women. History supports this claim.

*ignoring the possibility of twins or triplets.

Also, many myths about societies starting up involve the founders finding a decent source of women (rome). Because you're fucked without them (no future).
>>
>>85069302
They were forced to kill themselves by the men who had just been killed in combat?
Huh. Made me think.
>>
>>85067515
>give them ranged weapons then
t. i dont know how ranged weapons work
>>
>>85069474
>bodies are bodies
that's retarded, you need more food to feed these bodies. Smaller professional armies will always win over hordes of pregnant women.
>>
File: Nips_will_Nip_you.jpg (52KB, 700x417px) Image search: [Google]
Nips_will_Nip_you.jpg
52KB, 700x417px
>>85065631
They were under threat of being invaded. It's like how Japan taught every able bodied man woman and child to fight to the death against the American invaders with Bamboo sticks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_Fighting_Corps
>>
>>85065631
ITT /pol/tards are trying to rewrite history to defend their crumbling masculinity

How is your fight going, guys?
>>
>>85069503
Have you ever lived in the real world?
>>
>>85069503
To made seppuku you need 2 people actually.
you, to cut your stomach and another warrior to cut your head off.
So woman had no choice, kill yourself or be killed as coward.
>>
>>85069546
I bet I could take on every single one of those broads with just a bamboo stick of my own and come out unscathed.
>>
>>85065631
in a pre-modern context using plebs for war is a really bad idea. why they made such a big deal of honor and such is that people who do not have a commitment to being soldiers can't be used for almost anything and always have a good chance to ruin everything for the rest, too.

also if grills die in war the next generation will be considerably smaller
>>
>>85069546
>It's like how Japan taught every able bodied man woman and child to fight to the death against the American invaders
But nobody actually fought.
Kek.
>>
File: corinthians.jpg (49KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
corinthians.jpg
49KB, 320x320px
>>85066270
>>
>>85065631
An army isn't just soldiers. Someone needs to fill in the supply/medic roles and it sounds like letting women do that work is a good idea.
>>
File: 1497859565837.png (2MB, 990x660px) Image search: [Google]
1497859565837.png
2MB, 990x660px
Almost every size-able force in history has had camp followers comprised of non-combatants. These followers were essential in performing tasks that the soldiers would simply refuse to do if no one was available to do them. These tasks included, among many things, the cleaning of utensils and the disposal of waste. If there are no camp followers available to do this, the entire army is ravaged with disease, this was learned very fast by commanders. Womenfolk of the soldiers were used in this capacity and were essential to the success of a campaign. If the women were instead used as a fighting force, disaster would occur, even if the army has plentiful slaves, they were proven to be far less effective and more expensive for various reasons.

TL;DR women were busy doing shit that men were too tired to do and if women were also too tired to do that shit then dysentery.
>>
>>85069517

You just throw people, starving or not, at your enemy until you overwhelm them.

I'm not talking about whether it's a good strategy or not, just saying it was often used. Throw people at the enemy until they run out of bullets or arrows or whatnot.

You forget that leaders in the past weren't thinking scientifically about breeding, population, etc. Just "throw my little serfs and slaves at the enemy until they die" often. They didn't care as much about protecting their "people" as some seem to think. Just themselves and maybe their own families.

People often weren't logical and were okay with large parts of their people all dying to protect themselves. Or maybe this was logical...it worked often enough.

That was behind training Spartan women to fight and kill. Why not? Oh, they enslaved and murdered other people. But why not train every person in your society, regardless of gender, to murder and enslave others? It had its utility back then and now.

From just a utilitarian perspective I think it's a good tactical move.
>>
>>85069614
That's only for the belly-slitting version which was practiced by a samurai in front of the lord and a crowd to regain your honor after an irredeemable fuck-up. You were supposed to suffer for a bit by cutting your stomach and then the executioner would finish you off once you had suffered sufficiently. Women just cut their throats in their homes.
>Some women belonging to samurai families committed suicide by cutting the arteries of the neck with one stroke, using a knife such as a tantō or kaiken. The main purpose was to achieve a quick and certain death in order to avoid capture. Women were carefully taught jigai as children. Before committing suicide, a woman would often tie her knees together so her body would be found in a dignified pose, despite the convulsions of death. Jigai, however, does not refer exclusively to this particular mode of suicide. Jigai was often done to preserve one's honor if a military defeat was imminent, so as to prevent rape. Invading armies would often enter homes to find the lady of the house seated alone, facing away from the door. On approaching her, they would find that she had ended her life long before they reached her.
>>
>>85069715
>You forget that leaders in the past weren't thinking scientifically
You don't know anything and you really should stop talking.
>>
>>85069474
If your fighting low intensity warfare like tribal warfare or guerilla action, women will probably fight. There are a couple reasons for this. The first is that these types of warfare rarely involve any one battle. Instead, they're made up of many small, quick skirmishes fought by whoever is nearest. Doubling your fighting force for a small, short battle is very advantageous. Secondly, only rarely in these types of warfare is anyone at risk of extermination. Instead, both sides are locked into a economic and/or political struggle where the goal isn't the body count.

Of course, to say mainly men fought in warfare is a little disingenuous because of how FEW men fought historically. It was usually no more than 2% of the population and often much less. Tribal warfare, of course, is an exception but that form of warfare often had women participating in it (children too).
>>
>>85067515

>a bow doesn't require more strength to use than a sword.

You're retarded. The strength needed to shoot an arrow is more than it takes to swing a sword.
>>
>>85067487
youre thinking about it all wrong a women can easily have the strength to shoot a bow but what she will lack is the physicality to be a front line brute.

anyway the simple reason of why women never fought is because you can make more men if you have women but you cant make men from men
>>
>>85069731
So, to avoid rape or capture.
Not because your husband died.
>>
>>85069499
This is the correct answer actually
>>
>>85069696
This is also why Jon Snow knows nothing. If your entire army is a fighting force then you will get really fucked up.
>>
You live in a tribe. Some people train for war, some people cook food and take care of other. Woooow I wonder why women weren't the ones who trained for war. I guess we'll never know.
>>
>>85069781
Yeah, that's what I originally said.
>I know I personally would prefer to die than be gang raped by foreigners if I were a chick.

So we're on the same page then. Good. Not sure what the point of this discussion was.
>>
>>85069753
What's your "expertise" in? Or are you just talking from your emotions? Wanting things to mean something? The scientific method came later. I know it's hard to think about war and death not being carefully thought through, but Jesus. Just accept it. It often was not.
>>
>>85069499
>>85069783
>People who didn't read the thread they are posting in
>>
>>85065631
It is called TOTAL WAR.

Yeah, it is maybe anachronistic for pre-modern times, but it is fucking fantasy and they are facing total annihilation.

I mean I hate forced feminism, but in this thread I see new low of "SJWs are ruining everything".
>>
>>85069715
>That was behind training Spartan women to fight and kill. Why not? Oh, they enslaved and murdered other people. But why not train every person in your society, regardless of gender, to murder and enslave others? It had its utility back then and now.
Why did the Spartans, who had chronic spartiate manpower shortages not force women to undertake the agoge and become spartan warriors?

You know during the siege of Alesia the gauls forced out the women and children from the city and they all starved to death between the gallic and roman lines. Nobody wanted to feed them. More people is not better when you can't keep them adequately fed.

I know you think war is grimdark and epic but people really did think logically and understood that armies required logistics.
>>
>>85069836
Still wrong.
It was noble only thing.
Peasant women never will do such things.
>>
>>85069845
Who's smarter, the frogs who marched into gunfire in WW1 or the Mongolian horde?
>>
>>85069715
> But why not train every person in your society, regardless of gender, to murder and enslave others? It had its utility back then and now.
Because it takes away from actually useful stuff like growing food and making goods? Very few people were trained to fight in the pre-modern period. Sure, you average man or women might know how to defend themselves with a quarterstaff or knife, but did they have the training to meaningfully contribute on the battle field? No. At most 2% of the population did and that was very rare indeed. Tribal societies got around this by making fighting a social/economic activity but it wasn't really a choice. They were dead fucking poor so spending time training to steal your neighbors sheep was a valid investment of time. On a sidenote, nontribal societies often recruited mercenaries from tribes because of the large amount of people they had who knew how to fight.
>>
>>85069715
Using Sparta as an example is retarded when they were an extreme outlier and collapsed because of as >>85069889 said not enough Spartans to actually fight effectively. I think there was something insane like 7 or 8 Helots for every Spartiate/Free man.
>>
>>85066266
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko
>>
>>85069715
>why not train every person in your society, regardless of gender, to murder and enslave others
What do you mean why not? Why aren't you master chef running a 5 star joint? Because time and resources are limited and you do something else with your life.
>>
>>85069715
you're wrong it may have appeared that way but there was a lot more to fighting than throwing your men at each other
>>
>>85069972
It's a very tiny minority. Almost all the women in USSR were in supply/medic roles.

t. my grandma was a Soviet woman in WW2
>>
>>85069972
>309 kills
>many historians doubt that number
Ok. Another "hero" made by USSR.
>>
>Massively bolster the size of your army by recruiting inferior soldiers and hastily trained militia
>Against an Army that gets more powerful the more it kills

It's like trying to blow a grass fire out by getting an industrial fan.
>>
File: 220px-Spartan_woman.jpg (11KB, 220x252px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Spartan_woman.jpg
11KB, 220x252px
>>85069889
Spartan women were just supposed to defend the homefront against threats while the male armies were away attacking others, but they were martially trained. Somebody needs to defend the home cities.

The Spartans were fucking horrible people. Most people living in their areas were their slaves (helots). The helots could not be counted on to defend territories, not exactly crazy about being enslaved, so the women did it.

Why not send the women out the invade others? Might as well ask why any country keeps a defense force. That's what the women were for.

I think the Spartans were thinking logically; use the men as military invaders and women as military defenders. Partly with the idea that women who can't be warriors shouldn't reproduce, anyway.

I don't think it's thinking morally though, since I don't think slavery is great. Grimdark? I don't know, I wouldn't call a society so dependent on slaves and death warm and fluffy. But it did function. I'm just saying it's not good or an SJW thing...people interested in using other humans this way aren't interested in "empowerment" or that crap, just in killing their enemies.
>>
>>85070019
>Simo Häyhä has killed 500+ people
>It's okay and well-known fact without a doubt
>Russian woman killed 300+ people
PROPOGANAAAAAAAAAH REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>85070074
Women were not relied on to defend the "homefront" in Sparta when slaves outnumbered you by several times. Sparta had very little powerprojection outside of the Peloponnese because of a constant fear of a helot revolt.
>>
>>85070012
>medic roles

Medic roles in an army are still very important roles. But why does everyone want to believe war is a good and noble thing here? My relatives fought and died too, but it's awful.
>>
>muh female warriors
Who's pumping out the babies and taking care of them as they grow up? The bigger your society is, the stronger your future army. 1 dead woman = 5 less people in your army 20 years from now.
>>
>>85069918
>80-95% of population has to grow food so everyone doesn't starve
>that leaves 5-20% to do useful things
>however your farmers need tools so you need toolmakers
>they also need priests to make them happy and productive
>they also need rulers to protect them
>these rulers need warriors, bureaucrats, and servants
>they also need traders to exchange for goods that aren't locally available
>finally there's always going to be a few artists/philosophers faffing about, bringing joy and understanding to the populace
You'll find out that the amount of population available to be a full time soldier is very little.

In addition, most historical, pre-modern militias were not poor farmers (i.e. the majority of people). They were well-to-do to extremely wealthy commoners whose who had the money to buy equipment and the free time to train.
>>
>>85070117
>well-known fact
Not at all. All wartime propaganda needs to be taken with a grain of salt.
>>
>>85070117
>Simo Häyhä
Do not know anything about it.
But her kills really look like a fake.

Served 11 months. 6 months in hospital.
Killed 309 nazis (in 5 months kek). No medals for killing so many nazis during her army service.
>>
>>85070074
Life in Sparta would have been rather shit for all involved, but you have to consider that it was just the environment they were in. Constant, unending warfare. Couldn't afford to have weak members of society. I'm just glad I live in a time where I can sit on my ass and eat good food. Don't have to be a soldier or a slave.
>>
>>85070155
Sure they're important. Not saying they're not. Just saying they don't fight. My grandma went through the whole war without firing a single shot. There's a lot of non-combat roles in a war. Somebody needs to cook and clean, somebody needs to keep a registry of the shit you have and the shit you need and work on logistics. Why have battle ready man do this work? Let a woman do it.
>>
>>85070074
Spartan hegemony lasted only a few decades. They're pretty much all hype (I blame the original Roman 'fanboys').
>>
>>85070256
a lot of commies hyped them up in the 19th/20th centuries because they were retarded proto-commies.
>>
File: h.jpg (18KB, 182x277px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
18KB, 182x277px
>>85070144

The reason they were supposed to defend the "homefront" is simply that your slaves wouldn't (of course not) defend you. They hated you. The women had swords and armor and the slaves did not.

The downfall of Sparta is more complicated than that, I think. But you won't hear me saying that having so many more slaves to "citizens" isn't a terrible idea. However, they lasted for a long enough while.

I do think when you've got so many enslaved people the data shows that eventually, instability will appear. You're relying on people who despise you and who have nothing to lose which tends to cause instability. And so society/Empires collapse with so many people with no reason to be invested eventually.

So I wouldn't say the Spartans despite their "women warriors" were a society to be admired. I'm saying "let's have fighting women" isn't a "social justice" thing. Spartans were pretty evil in my opinion despite training women to fight for them.
>>
>>85065631
It's a nonsense. It'd make sense if he said all the women should be made to make weapons&armour and mine dragonglass while all the men from 16-60 trained for battle. That's essentially what the most desperate measures in war amount to but D&D just had to make things totally fucking retarded because evidently they've never heard of supplies&logistics.
>>
>>85070343
Training women to fight on the battlefield makes about as much sense as bringing your average medieval peasant to the battlefield; none at all. Training them to fight defensively from fortifications is another matter entirely of course. That's all I would trust a peasant to do too (it also avoids wrecking the local economy by taking people away from growing food).
>>
>>85070204
You're right, I'm just saying some societies of the past weren't "feminist" if they had women who could fight. They were just "life sucks" societies, women also had to be ready to fight because they were at war so often, life was horrible, a lot of "women generals" were horrible people with slaves, etc. It's not something to strive for.
>>
File: 1353748123346.jpg (17KB, 286x300px) Image search: [Google]
1353748123346.jpg
17KB, 286x300px
>>85065631
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI6sARmxEuc
>>
>>85070396
>It's a nonsense
Mario pls
>>
>>85070484
Well in Sparta, I think the idea was also that if a Spartan woman couldn't pick up a sword and kill your enemies she would have "soft and weak" children so she did not deserve to live anyway. Lots of flat out eugenics with the Spartans. Man or woman all they fucking did was fight, fight, fight. It was crazy how slaves did everything else so there were so many other slaves vs. actual Spartans. That's what your real war societies often looked like. Most of us would have been left to die on a mountainside. But it was not a nice society to live in at all.
Thread posts: 340
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.