[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching this for the first time. Going in blind. Will keep you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 6

File: Cover-powerrangersmovie.jpg (85KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
Cover-powerrangersmovie.jpg
85KB, 660x360px
Watching this for the first time. Going in blind. Will keep you imformed. Hope you don't mind.
These past 12 minutes:
Looks like an emo breakfast club
>they call me Billy Crams ton
>like crams crayons up his butt
Di...did they just insult Daniel Yost?
>>
Kimberly is basically a "le loner" roastie.
The dialogue coming from her is cringy as sin.
>>
Why is this movie so loud? Every line is screamed. I think Billy would be less annoying if he was white, seeing as it mostly comes from him.
>>
>>85061356
Wait until you hit the part where you find out why she can't morph
>>
It was unironic cringe
>we are le misfits
Glad it bombed
>>
Trini is worse than Kimberly. Why tf wouldn't you want to follow the people who have the same powers as you?
Also Zordon incoming I guess.
>>
>>85061356
yeah but i wanna bang her
>>
>>85061150
not a bad movie, kimberly was annoying though for her "backstory" /reason

KK showing up everywhere was annoying and the final mech wasnt what I hoped it would look like

wouldnt mind a sequel
>>
From teenagers with attiude to loser with teen angst. BRAVO SABAN
>>
What a boring movie about Power Rangers. Crazy.
>>
Anons when I said I'm going in blind... I kind of want to stay that way. I haven't even seen the ratings.

Alpha is pretty Annoying.. he rrminds me of a mix of Ben from Treasure Planet and Rocket Raccoon.
And why is Billy so flanderized? I feel like he switches from confident to season 1 Billy frequently.
>>
>>85062470
Because he's autistic
>>
>>85062304
This is Saban's image? His magnum opus and the reason I xan't watch the original series on Jewtube?
>>
So Zordon in this version isn't as confident in teens with Attutude? He usaully seemed to see the good in everyone. Improved or keked?
Also did you know the Red Ranger is like super important and junk?
>>
>>85062589
https://youtu.be/QhstyHwFpS0
>>
Did they really cut that pee in this cup joke the exact same way as the trailer?
That explains the editing.

Are we seriously not going to get the costumes until the final fight?
>>
>>85063025
>Are we seriously not going to get the costumes until the final fight?
Yes
>>
>>85063081
This. Also, Jason basically learns he's the leader for no good reason and starts talking about "his team".

Nigga, you don't even know these retards. Also, fucking spoiler I'm not even going to black out: JASON BITCH SLAPS RR IN TO SPACE AND ROLL CREDITS.
>>
Apart from the song and some lines that was a pretty good training montage.
As for the Zords... I guess we won't get the cannon arrivals or even thr sequences.
So the only fan service will be Alpha saying Ay Ay Yi once.
Annnd cliche fight between the two alpha chads. Even though it came outta nowhere.
>>
>>85061150
>emo breakfast club

did you watch both movies?

also, this movie was exactly like Breakfast Club, pretty gud 6/10.
>>
>>85063248
There were some extra scenes that were cut that would have covered it. You can tell from things like him putting the physical Power Sword into the holder at the end when you never even see him get it in the first place.
>>
>>85063503
>like him putting the physical Power Sword into the holder at the end
I was wondering why he was the only one with a fucking melee weapon
>>
that's some good Rita makeup
I like her vocal tones. Very close to the original without sounding cartoony.
>>
>>85063584
The real reason was budget. The movie was already more expensive than it should have been and so one of the people working on it confirmed that they didn't make weapons for everyone because it would have been too much of an extra cost and time.
>>
File: ooze.jpg (41KB, 600x333px) Image search: [Google]
ooze.jpg
41KB, 600x333px
>>85061150
It was alright.
Nothing more than alright.
It was definitely nowhere near as good as the original film with Ivan Ooze.
>>
Backstory scene..
>my moms dieing and she's all I have
Which is why I act like a dlck and push people away.
>don't miss my father as much
Unnecessary. We already assumed.
>I'm a lesbian. My family is too normal.
Dropped. They literally did the rebellious teen for no reason plot point.
>kimberly gets skipped
Because she's boring

Rita is a hebephile lesbian. Cool.
>>
GO GO POWER RANGERS
>>
>>85063634
Gee if only they were working closely with someone who knew how to cut costs and still look okay.
>>
It's not that these characters are misunderstood. They are literally scum except for Billy.
Kimberley literally sent CP around her school. And forget Trini.
I can't believe I actually want the Mary Sue characters back.
Still.. more develope than Suicide Squad at least
>>
>>85064105
You know there are Power Rangers seasons that don't have mary sue characters?

Dino Thunder for example has all the rangers hate each other and the red ranger hate being a rangers at first
>>
>>85064313
Of course he doesn't know that, there are very few actual Power Rangers fans on this board.
>>
Wait. Billy "died"
So instead of y'know... taking him to his mother... lets take him to the weird head we don't like.
Also I want to play FF15 for some reason.

When is he going to comedically wake saying "Your standing on my groin"
>>
>>85064399
They were hoping the alien with super futuristic tech could help them.
>>
>>85064313
Wew.. it's a good thing I was talking about Mighty Morphin' and not Zeo and up.
>>
You know what time it is.
>>
Been waiting the whole movie for this... and we can barely see the action.

And you guys weren't meming?! Goldar is ACTUALLY made of gold?
>>
>>85064771
You thought we were joking?

Oh you sweet summer child
>>
>>85062304
>OG power rangers
>teenagers with attitude
STOP MY SIDE'S CAN ONLY TAKE SO MUCH
>>
Oh wow guess it wasn't wise to push the Friggan Power Rangers into the area with the crystal before you got it. Huh?

>we was megazord or sumfink!
End. Now.
>>
File: PROIECTIO.jpg (66KB, 618x822px) Image search: [Google]
PROIECTIO.jpg
66KB, 618x822px
IT IS MEDIOCRE.

SOME FLAWS/INCONSISTENCIES THAT I NOTICED:

— IT BOLSTERS THE PSEUDOACADEMIC CONSENSUS OF PREHISTORIC CHRONOLOGY EXTENDING FOR HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF YEARS —ARE WE REALLY SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE THAT BETWEEN THE DEATH OF THE ORIGINAL POWER RANGERS, AND THE PRESENT, SIXTYFIVE MILLION (!) YEARS HAVE PASSED? RIDICULOUS; THE WORSE THING IS THAT THAT IS BASED ON THE ACTUAL PREVALENT THEORY OF GEOLOGICAL/PALEONTOLOGICAL/PREHISTORICAL CHRONOLOGY.

— "ZORDON" SAID THAT THE ZORDS TAKE ON THE FORM OF THE PLANET'S "STRONGEST LIFEFORM" —THAT IS JUST UNIMAGINATIVE WRITING; WHAT IF THE STRONGEST LIFEFORM OF A PLANET IS A KIND OF MICROBE; WILL THE ZORDS BECOME MICROSCOPIC? TO LEAVE THE ZORDS' FORM TO SUCH ARBITRARY CRITERION IS BOTH, INEFFICIENT, AND IDIOTIC.

— OVERSEXUALIZED SUITS —IT IS FUNCTIONALLY SUPERFLUOUS, AND AESTHETICALLY REPULSIVE.

— "TRINI'S" PARENTS, AND SIBLINGS, DID NOT WAKE UP WHEN SHE WAS BEING TRASHED AROUND HER BEDROOM BY "RITA".

— THE MEGAZORD WAS FORMED CONVENIENTLY BEYOND VIEW, TO AVOID HAVING TO THINK REGARDING THE ACTUAL COUPLING MECHANICS, AND THE NECESSARY ANIMATION.
>>
>>85065408
The Zeo Crystal creates and promotes life so any planet with one will have more advanced life than microbes.
>>
>standing in the middle of destroyed town.
Morphers of murder.

>actually being this confident in sequels
Saban you jest!

>stinger for sir Not Appearing In this Film.
HahaHAHAHA
>>
I hated how they changed the black ranger to an asian guy.
Blue ranger to black guy.
Yellow ranger to lesbian mexican.
Atleast red/pink ranger were somewhat same characters.
It's like they changed races to try and win over people, but it wasn't how the show originally was. Enough SJW catering to stereotypes.
>>
>>85065738
How the fuck is it "SJW catering" when it's the same races as the original?
>>
Okay. Seriously. What did I think of Saban's Power Rangers 2017?
>>
>>85066115
You liked it but would have preferred more suit fighting. You are excited at the idea of the sequel since they can get right into the action.
>>
>No sequel
>No Tommy Oliver (best character)

feelsbadman
>>
>>85066202
http://screenrant.com/power-rangers-sequel-talks/
>>
>>85065408
-covered in the show

-this. How are dinosaurs the strongest creatures when Homo X creatures survived longer than them? Bad writing just to add logic where it's not needed.

-yea. About as sexual as adding a skirt. Though they could've at least given the audience the benefit of a doubt and pretend they would've remembered who had what colour.
The breast were actually rendered stupid because of the joke with the little boys not realising Yellow was a female.

-Eh. A girl like that having loud banging in her room doesn't sound abnormal. But another thing no one notuced is the kids kept coming home bruised after training.

-welp. That's big budgeting for you.
>>
File: covenant.jpg (66KB, 620x930px) Image search: [Google]
covenant.jpg
66KB, 620x930px
>>85062078
>It was unironic cringe

It was unironically better than alien covenant.
>>
>>85066636
>How are dinosaurs the strongest creatures when Homo X creatures survived longer than them? Bad writing just to add logic where it's not needed.

This is like shooting the world's strongest man then going "lol how are you even the strongest guy when I just shot and killed you?"
>>
>>85066636

>this. How are dinosaurs the strongest creatures when Homo X creatures survived longer than them? Bad writing just to add logic where it's not needed

Except dinosaurs lasted a lot longer than humans
>>
>>85066148
How... how did you know? Is this just what everyone's thought's were?

You're right. I'm a sucker for the goof offs that get serious and become formidable fighters during a battle. As much as I couldn't stand these teens with angst the thought of a higher costing sequel with more ranger fights, is tantalizing as fucķ!
>>
>>85066684
>>85066744
I mean, if you bwlieve in humans evolving from a specific type of amoeba. Yes humans did last longer.
>>
>>85066889
We are not talking about that, we are talking about the distinct human species as we know it which did not show up on the planet till relatively recently.
>>
>>85066636
>-this. How are dinosaurs the strongest creatures when Homo X creatures survived longer than them? Bad writing just to add logic where it's not needed.

The flawed logic of your statement aside, I don't think you even understood his point.
>>
>>85066925
That's my point. Why go after some creature that has to live on a particular food source? Why not something that's constantly evolving?
>>
>>85061150
Anyone else annoyed by the spinny camera thing they kept doing in the vehicle? It was all smooth and garbage. A couple of the later times they did it, it was good, but when it was smoothly spinning around it was just trash.
>>
>>85063634
How are they having budget issues? I thought Krispy Kreme was footing the bill for the movie.
>>
>>85065408
thanks for using a trip so I can filter your garbage shitposts
>>
i did a thread like this when i watched it. i tried to post screencaps along with it. made it hard for people to follow but some people stuck with me. Tag your posts with something so know which one is you.
>>
>>85067716
Op here. Did you mean the first car chase? That was a bit annoying. Like that new 360° animated music videos. Sometimes it could be artistic but going back and forth to things like a car stopping or 3 stop lights was tedious.
>>
>>85067757
It didn't perform as well in China as predicted. Home sales and toys have made it profitable but just barely.
>>
>>85067908
Yeah during that whole sequence they did it 6 or 7 times. There were a lot of shots in the movie that just annoyed me. Another one was when they were all swimming down to the cave thing and it had the slow mo shot of the characters diving down set to music. So much tryhard shit in the movie broken up with crap character development.
>>
>>85068019
Also THEY DIDNT EVEN ONCE do combat stances or whatever you wanna call it. I wanted to see some cheesy fighting moves thrown in. They just had to put in "go go power rangers" out of nowhere but couldn't hang a lampshade on fighting putties with chest emblems and the team regrouping a bunch during fights.
>>
>>85068019
Yeah, that scene was made good by Explosions in the Sky. Otherwise they spent way too much time underwater, and it made me feel kinda claustrophobic. Don't think that was the intent of the scene, and the discomfort is a side effect of misguided story progression.
>>
>>85067850
Anything without a tag that's discussing scenes are me.
>>85064459
>>85062589
>>85066785
Also me.
>>
I watched this yesterday and hated it. Writing, acting, directing, everything was horrible. Not a single redeeming thing about it. I was expecting some brainless capeshit flick but it wasn't even entertaining on that level.
>>
Op here.
>>85068071
Did we watch the same movie? The combat stances happenef out of costume if that's what you're mad about.
Everything after they put on the suits was pure Power Rangers nostalgia.

>>85068019
Cinematography was crap anytime the screen was dark. Like when it was night the camera was very close. The fighting was atrocious looking. It was hard to see with all the dust and rock and this sucks since that's the only scene they fight in suit, outside of the MegaZord. The MegaZord fight and any interaction with "goldar" was like playing with Dinobots in melting butter.
>>
>>85068477
>>85068118
Forgot to tag you. Yea. Claustrophobic sounds right
>>
Real talk- how many more threads do we have to deal with here regarding this sentai ripoff before Saban's advertising money runs out? I mean seriously, fuck off already.
>>
>>85068477
>Did we watch the same movie? The combat stances happenef out of costume if that's what you're mad about.

Naw I mean the stuff they did in suits while fighting in the old power rangers shows. They constantly did it and it wasn't really in the movie at all.

Also in the megazord they were in individual cockpits which was shitty.
>>
>>85063454
If Spider-Man Homecoming is campy Breakfast Club then this is Breakfast Club; Breakfast Club with Power Rangers.
>>
File: 1482733547832.jpg (627KB, 640x2149px) Image search: [Google]
1482733547832.jpg
627KB, 640x2149px
>>85068608
Piss off, sentai is trash.
>>
>>85063454
>this movie was exactly like Breakfast Club

Just because it starts out with them in detention doesn't make it Breakfast Club. They have literally nothing in common except teen angst which every movie about teenagers has.
>>
>>85068741
Was there seriously a time where Japan got so asshurt that they made that episode?

That's hilarious
>>
>>85068806
That from the Akibarangers parody series. Also, sentai was always first so if PR ever improved it's only because they had something to emulate.
>>
>>85068806
>he's never watched Akibarangers
m8
>>
>>85067991
I assumed China would see anything with explosions and giant robots, but it's a shame this won't get a sequel. I liked it more than TFA and the last Avengers movie
>>
>>85069102
Could be the natural racism, the Chinese don't like most Jap based properties. Either way Power Rangers is a big enough property that a studio might be willing to overlook a mediocre launch to give it another shot with a sequel.
>>
>>85069142
I hope it gets a sequel, I want to see ivan ooze. They can even reuse the quarry.
>>
>>85069240
Your most likely getting Zed first
>>
>>85069240
We won't see Ivan, I think Fox still owns most of the rights to the original movies.
>>
Op here.
Can you guys tell me what you thought of the characters? The main ones and Zordon. At first I was completely against each teen.
Kimberly got turned into a female "mom's gonba freak"
Zack was self destructive and after he tild his backstory (which still doesn't make sense. Why was he such a jerk and so reckless while his mom was "ill") he seemed to just dade into the background.
Jason was a mary sue. Not in the "too good" way. He was a mary sue in the "anything I do, no matter how bad, i'll always be able to bounce back from. Maybe that's just me.
Trini and Billy were actually handled the best. They each had mental problems that didn't define their character. I especially like how Trini's problem with her family didn't get solved. Her parents don't hate her choices but they refuse to understand. The only thing I hated is the implication is that Trini will always rebel against them, seeing as she didn't try to hard to make them understand.
Billy implied he was on the spectrum one time and had one scene of him demonstrating OCD and ADD; but for the rest of the time he was around the others, he seemed like a pretty cool kid. It was sort of like an age appropriate version of the little boy in the original Power Ranger Movie.
>>
>>85069519
>Trini and Billy were actually handled the best. They each had mental problems

Fuck off mate.
>>
>>85069519
>Trini and Billy were actually handled the best. >MUH PARENTS CARE TOO MUCH
>handled the best
m8
>>
>>85069594
>>85069551
I never said their problems were valid. Trini was the typically rebellious phase girl with white bred parents. And Billy was friendless autist who had to latch on to the one guy who helped him. Basically a typical coming out of his shell story. I just feel like theirs got developed more than Jason's who's dad probably still is dissappointed in him, Kimberly's who got knocked so far off the totem pole she was still getting messages about sending CP to some guy, and Zack who's mother will most likely not be in the sequels.
Obviously Billy got the best ending but Trini comes in second. I only wish someone called her out on her BS for not having an actual problem.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.