[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB J-ph1aOM Can someone who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWBJ-ph1aOM
Can someone who understands poker explain this scene to me? Why was John Favreau so angry? Who won the hand? What's a rainbow rag flop?
>>
I don't know all of that hip poker lingo but I am pretty sure that Favreau's character is butthurt (obviously) because he loses a hand he was otherwise confident in.. trip queens means three of a kind queens which has a pretty high probability of winning any given hand

Paul Rudd's character is a newbie who wins the hand when he thought he had nothing but really he had a flush (five of the same suit) which beats *most hands. But I think as poker playing strategy goes the reason that Favreau is mad is because Rudd's a newb and didn't bet higher so Favreau didn't know to back off

rag river I assume means that there were 3 of the same suit in the river/flop so that would be an indication that a flush could be out there

tl;dr Favreau loses a decent hand to a better hand but is upset because he feels like he is being trolled/sandbagged by an idiot
>>
>>85061000
But isn't it in the nature of poker to trick your opponent? If Paul Rudd had gone all in or something John Favreau would have known to fold and so Paul wouldn't have won as much money. Is Favreau seriously crying because he lost?
>>
The only thing I remember from this movie is slappin da bass
>>
>>85060624
Rainbow means all three cards on the flop (the first 3 community cards) were not the same suit, meaning he had very little chance of making a flush (5 cards of the same suit)

A 'rag' is a low-value card, basically a 2-7. A good poker player would have folded in Paul Rudd's position, but since he didn't know what he was doing, he stayed in the hand until the end and made the winning flush.
>>
>>85061460
true you are absolutely right. but as you say the nature is to trick your opponent and there is a saying that "some of the biggest pots have been won with absolutely nothing".. which is just as it sounds you can possibly bluff your way to the top.

but believe it or not top dog poker players get off on these thrills. with trip queens Favreau would still bet high because that is a very very good hand and Paul Rudd **should bet high because a flush is also a very good hand.

There are multiple rounds of checking/raising before all 5 cards in the river are shown so that is the time where player's pick up on eachother's hands you know.

it's overall just supposed to be a funny scene where Paul Rudd plays an innocent dummy and Favreau plays an asshole and is embarrassed because he loses a poker hand when he went all in
>>
>>85061502
...and Hank Mardukas
>>
>>85060624
GET OUT OF THE FUCKING HOUSE
>>
>>85061881
I don't remember that part
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.