[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was the second human army in winter gear infected by the disease?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: apes-war-srgb_dc-1.jpg (581KB, 1200x1897px) Image search: [Google]
apes-war-srgb_dc-1.jpg
581KB, 1200x1897px
So was the second human army in winter gear infected by the disease? They never speak and only communicate by screaming, and Nova clearly still has the ability to reason and use logic.
>>
>>85025134
why must everything be so edgy with americans
>>
>>85025134
they were just celebrating.
>>
this movie was such a disappointment. first 15 minutes are great then it goes flat. what should have been a war movie becomes prison camp movie.

jar-jar-smeagol ("bad ape") was a shit comic relief who brought down the tone of the whole movie

when they found him they were like "could there be others"? wouldn't it have been way cooler if they found a small band of apes and gained their respect then an unknown army of apes comes to their aid in the final hours?

what happened with the whole "I'll distract him while you guys escape thing"? I expected this to be an action-packed hunt, like pharaoh chasing moses across the desert.

why would the last remaining humans go to war with each over instead of letting separate factions do their own crazy shit so long as our species doesn't go extinct?

the end was the worst part. (spoilers) caesar outruns not one but two explosions, then outruns an avalanche, which the apes survive by climbing fucking trees, even though this avalanche buries an entire military base. BUT THATS NOT ALL you get 10-15 more minutes of a saccharine Bierstadt-landscape (is there something special about this particular lake?), plus caesar walking across the country with a fatal wound only to slomo succumb to it at the exact moment they reach their destination.

I had such high hopes. Had this actually been a war movie it would have been great.
>>
>>85026916
Sorry to hear about your shit taste
>>
>>85027174
wow great counterpoints, guess I was mistaken, A+ film
>>
>>85027456
There you go
>>
>>85026916
LMAO what do you expect about some shitty Hollywood movie about monkeys?
Lol kill yourself, kid.
>>
>>85027582
I expected something at least on par with the first two films desu. First film was already a great jailbreak film, I don't think a trilogy needs two escape films.
>>
>>85026916
>what should have been a war movie becomes prison camp movie
Prison camp movies *are* war movies

>jar-jar-smeagol ("bad ape") was a shit comic relief who brought down the tone of the whole movie
How? Because he had a few moments that lightened the movie up a bit before it became too dour for a blockbuster audience?

>when they found him they were like "could there be others"? wouldn't it have been way cooler if they found a small band of apes and gained their respect then an unknown army of apes comes to their aid in the final hours?
Not really. Fanfiction.net is that way --->

>what happened with the whole "I'll distract him while you guys escape thing"? I expected this to be an action-packed hunt, like pharaoh chasing moses across the desert.
They did distract him. It just wasn't some big action scene, so I guess you just didn't notice.

>why would the last remaining humans go to war with each over instead of letting separate factions do their own crazy shit so long as our species doesn't go extinct?
Because the Colonel was killing soldiers and the government didn't like that.

> caesar outruns not one but two explosions, then outruns an avalanche, which the apes survive by climbing fucking trees, even though this avalanche buries an entire military base
So when the movie about talking apes with guns on horseback gives you too much action you complain as well? Gimme a break. Also, the trees were on higher ground than the base. They show that in the movie.

>you get 10-15 more minutes of a saccharine Bierstadt-landscape (is there something special about this particular lake?)
You saw the new Ape home for maybe 5-6 minutes. And yes there's something special about it, it's been the Ape's goal for the entire fucking movie. Did you fall asleep five minutes in or some shit?

>plus caesar walking across the country with a fatal wound only to slomo succumb to it at the exact moment they reach their destination
He was on horseback. Dying can take a while.
>>
>>85027456
bow to the liberal mindset! there is only one opinion!
>>
>>85026916

Good summary, I can only agree.
>>
>>85027917
>Prison camp movies *are* war movies
I think you know what I mean. Battles, like one is lead to believe would be more common in this film.

>How? Because he had a few moments that lightened the movie up a bit before it became too dour for a blockbuster audience?
No, some of his humor is appropriate. Other instances (avalanche scene for example) are gratuitous and destroy the levity of the situation.

>Not really. Fanfiction.net is that way
wut. in no way incompatible with the plot of the original trilogy.

>They did distract him. It just wasn't some big action scene, so I guess you just didn't notice.
yeah, the whole rest of the move was caesar distracting him, so the rest of the apes became irrelevant and weren't pursued even a little bit.

>So when the movie about talking apes with guns on horseback gives you too much action you complain as well?
are you serious? you can't have an action scene without outrunning explosions or leaky oil tanks? and this is during the only real battle of the film.

>Also, the trees were on higher ground than the base. They show that in the movie.
they also show the avalanche easily uprooting trees

>He was on horseback. Dying can take a while.
Dying takes just as long as the scene requires, apparently
>>
>>85027917
>Prison camp movies *are* war movies
This wasn't hyped as a prison camp movie. They teased a grand battle between apes and humans, and failed to deliver on that.
>>
>>85027917
also had caesar just died in the desert, and not right when they reach the perfect spot, it would have been more believable, the discovery of the promised land would be slightly bittersweet instead of sugary sweet, and he would have more directly paralleled moses (which, along with jesus, seem to be the two human figures they're comparing caesar to in the film)
>>
>>85028583
Stop watching movie trailers
>>
>>85028636
I typically don't, but that's besides the point. Most people do, and they were led to believe it's a movie about war.
>>
>>85028631
He survived through sheer willpower which is actually in character for the poor guy

>Cesar had a hard life.
>>
>>85028477
>I think you know what I mean. Battles, like one is lead to believe would be more common in this film.
I don't know why you'd ever expect a movie trailer to spoonfeed you a movie's premise. Judge the movie on its own merits, and not the expectations from the trailer.

>No, some of his humor is appropriate. Other instances (avalanche scene for example) are gratuitous and destroy the levity of the situation.
Your misuse of the word levity here lets me know you have no clue what you're talking about.

>wut. in no way incompatible with the plot of the original trilogy.
Write your own script, then, if you think you can do so much better. Let us all know when you receive your rejection/cease and desist letter from Fox.

>yeah, the whole rest of the move was caesar distracting him, so the rest of the apes became irrelevant and weren't pursued even a little bit.
It's almost like Caesar was the main character of the movie, and the other central apes were hidden in underground tunnels or something.

>are you serious? you can't have an action scene without outrunning explosions or leaky oil tanks? and this is during the only real battle of the film.
If you want hyper-realistic action scenes where main characters get burned alive by that sort of shit, I highly recommend never seeing a PG-13 sci-fi blockbuster ever again. Also, it is hilarious that people are complaining about a Planet of the Apes movie of all things doesn't have enough 'battles'.

>they also show the avalanche easily uprooting trees
Yes, as the avalanche came down the slope. The trees the apes climbed were level to the ground so weren't impeded by the force of the avalanche. It's not like they climbed up the mountain TOWARDS the avalanche to get to the trees.

>Dying takes just as long as the scene requires, apparently
Yes, it's almost as if this were a movie or something. How bizarre.
>>
File: 1499222329370.gif (2MB, 467x315px) Image search: [Google]
1499222329370.gif
2MB, 467x315px
The virus mutating was an asspull.

>Oh shit humans are still smart and can still invent and use weapons.
>Uhhhh... The virus mutated so that humans are stupid and can't talk so the apes win!
>>
>>85029543
>Viruses never mutate
Yeah, okay.
>>
>>85029543
but that is what viruses do

but that is what ended up happening to humans
>>
>>85029543
Pretty sure it didn't make humans stupid, it just took away speech, which made us appear more primitive.
>>
>>85025134
Caesar gets shot by a crossbow and dies.
>>
HEY GUISE DID YOU REALIZE THAT THE COLONEL IS REALLY A COSPLAY OF COLONEL KURTZ FROM APOCALYPSE NOW??

IN CASE U DIDN'T KNOW THAT WE'LL WRITE "APE-CALYPSE NOW" ON THE WALL IN THE TUNNELS LOL
>>
>>85028112
There's the correct one and the retarded one jimbob. Which do you have?
>>
>>85026916
spot on post for anyone who hasnt seen it

The "war" was a giant dissapointment. I imagined something like Apes and Humans going all out for a particular outpost or terrain or something. Nope, just apes being held prisoners as good humans and bad humans fight in the background.
>>
File: 2024.jpg (203KB, 960x919px) Image search: [Google]
2024.jpg
203KB, 960x919px
>"The wall will not work"

(((Hollywood))) pls
>>
>>85029309
>engaging in this level of apologetics to explain hollywood avalanche physics
why

>haha you're asking for scenes where they outrun explosions
no
>lol ur asking for scenes where they get burned alive
just stop with the strawman arguments, judge a comment "on its own merits"
>>
>>85031757
this is what I saw, which is why I don't understand why dude though he needed to kill his own son or himself. unless I'm just misjudging how smart the little girl was.
>>
>>85033488

Because he was a fanatical species-ist (not meming) and equated speech with humanity. The irony of course being that the apes now can themselves speak.

I don't think we were supposed to view him as an objective assessor of the situation, he clearly was delusional with a God-complex
>>
>>85032873
10/10 meta kino

did u notice caesar was crucified 2 save monkeykind and colonel kurtz gave his only begotten son to save humanity (cue pieta)

let my people go we must cross the desert to the promised land but the leader won't make it, pharaoh destroyed by "flood" that swallows all his armies

MINDBLOWN 2DEEP
>>
>>85033768

Exactly, the movie literally did not give a fuck about cosplaying everything in the world

>The Bible, both Old and New Testaments
>American Slavery
>The Holocaust/Concentration Camps
>Apocalypse Now
>>
>>85026916
>BUT THATS NOT ALL you get 10-15 more minutes of a saccharine Bierstadt-landscape (is there something special about this particular lake?)

The lake is where the astronauts crashed in the original Planet of The Apes
>>
>>85025872
What the hell is "edgy" about it?
>>
>>85026916
This is the only correct response. Was heavily disappointed with how this movie played out.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.