[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I find watching BvS on home release so annoying considering the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: 1463378712593.jpg (2MB, 3375x2625px) Image search: [Google]
1463378712593.jpg
2MB, 3375x2625px
I find watching BvS on home release so annoying considering the IMAX cut was never released and the movie looks so bad in wide screen.

I know Snyder didn't film the whole movie in IMAX but I am pretty sure the raw footage of the movie is full screen (just like when you watch B-ROLL footage on youtube it's always full screen depending what kind of cameras they film).

Anyway my point: full screen is so much better for movies. Some annoy me like this one with how large the black bars are compared to other movies. Anyone seen Days of Thunder on DVD? Due to the aspect ratio when converted to DVD: the black bars are even wider on top to bottom and thus the wide screen is so small.
>>
File: Spectre.png (815KB, 1584x494px) Image search: [Google]
Spectre.png
815KB, 1584x494px
>>85000949
Here is an example of raw footage
>>
I wish they'd release the 1.9:1 version for home media more often. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was released like this and it looks nice. Really don't see why they don't always release the the bigger one and just throw on a letterbox filter option for people who want the 21:9
>>
File: BIkerAllAspects.jpg (3MB, 3072x1785px) Image search: [Google]
BIkerAllAspects.jpg
3MB, 3072x1785px
>>85001093
I still can't believe there are people who think Wide Screen is where you see more. Well there are VHS tapes that were cropped to be full screen BUT the raw footage of all film I am sure isn't wide screen.

3.00 is how BvS feels to me. I found it so hard to rewatch when I bought the Blu Ray
>>
File: 23627.png (933KB, 2140x624px) Image search: [Google]
23627.png
933KB, 2140x624px
I got this from a youtube video. Left is full IMAX while right is cropped probably for release.

On my DVD version of The Dark Knight, I get the full frame version of the IMAX scenes although it does have some black bars on the side and yet on the Blu Ray release: the full frame version was never released. Instead they cropped it.
>>
>>85001331
On my bluray copy the 6 or so scenes filmed in imax are in 16:9
>>
File: 2362437.png (672KB, 660x654px) Image search: [Google]
2362437.png
672KB, 660x654px
Thank you to Jared Leto for posting this image on his insta and proving my point.

The raw footage is full screen and this look so much better than shitty wide screen.
>>
there is nothing inherently wrong or right with any aspect ratio. but there is something wrong in changing it to something new. just leave it as the director intended.
>>
>>85001589
>just leave it as the director intended.
You mean cinematographer right? Director isn't responsible for camera set up
>>
Reminder that we're slowly "advancing" back to 4:3 aspect ratio.
>>
File: kubrick.png (899KB, 1024x769px) Image search: [Google]
kubrick.png
899KB, 1024x769px
>>85002078
Cinematographer is primarily in charge of lighting the film and exposing it correctly.
Lens selection, framing, blocking, etc is all part of the director's job since it's their vision the different departments are trying to put on film.

Do you even know what a director's viewfinder is?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.