[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a TV adaptation of Vampire: The masquerade work? Different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1496011364438.jpg (194KB, 1550x490px)
1496011364438.jpg
194KB, 1550x490px
Would a TV adaptation of Vampire: The masquerade work?

Different storylines on different sects, fish out of water turned vampire protag. Plus we're really short on vampire related movies and series.

Opinions?
>>
Sounds like Buffy/Angel
>>
>>84995461
Just watch the tv series
Kindred: The Embraced
pretty much the best we will ever get.
>>
The minutae of WoD is too much for a tv show

Watch Angel and Supernatural and you've hit most of the beats
>>
>>84995539
Should add it is a mini series based on the game
3,75/5, I would say.
>>
>>84995461
White Wolf sued the makers of Underworld for stealing their material

Therefore if you watch Underworld, you've basically watched the VtM movie
>>
File: ISOLATED.jpg (103KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
ISOLATED.jpg
103KB, 807x605px
Atmosphere is a huge part of the game. I don't know if they could capture that same mood in movie format. Just the way everything comes together; it creates a certain feel that I think is exclusive to the game.
>>
>>84995461
Dunno if you're the same OP as the one from a similar thread a few weeks ago, but there was a patrician discussion on this topic.
Conclusion was yes. And some interesting ideas came out too. It would be kinoest of kinos, even better than the peak times of Buffy/Angel.
Problem is nobody has the balls to do it, or the will... or perhaps someone doesn't want this universe to be more popular, but the point is there is no industry interest, despite the undeniable gold mine quality of the source material.
>>
>>84995539
I remember it as pretty awful. All Brujah are Italian gangsters. All Gangrel are bikers who protect the Ventrue prince. The vampires can't make the human cop keep their secret, it has to be her choice.
I'd like to see a modern take on the game.
>>
A semi slow burning serial adaptation with a mid-high budget would be incredible. Lots of world building, scheming and politics.

It's right up HBO's alley desu
>>
>>84995859
Or i could also see STARZ making it.

Just keep CW as far away as possible.
>>
tfw all these threads are just wishful thinking
feelsbadman
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.