[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>movie is an hour and 40 minutes long >Godzilla himself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: godzilla vs king ghidorah poster.jpg (834KB, 721x1024px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla vs king ghidorah poster.jpg
834KB, 721x1024px
>movie is an hour and 40 minutes long
>Godzilla himself does not appear until 58 minutes in

And they said 2014 didn't have enough Godzilla.
>>
You mean the Anno version? Too much bureaucracy for me.
>>
>>84994365
Godzilla vs King Ghidorah.
>>
The movie is 2 hours long. You watched the shitty leaked incomplete cut.
>>
>>84994365
Are you literally retarded?
>>84994671
What?
>>
File: 1500094128529.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500094128529.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>84994052
> doesn't mention Godzilla gets 15 minutes of screen time here. Meanwhile, much of Godzilla's 10 minutes in G2014 is obscured by smoke/water/darkness and he could be removed from the film without changing much
> doesn't mention that there isn't any teasing
> doesn't mention that literally 2/3 of the film is solely about one of the least charismatic leads in cinematic history
> doesn't mention it's twenty shorter than G2014
>>
>>84994052
A movie called "Godzilla" will naturally have more Godzilla focus than a movie called "Godzilla vs. X"
>>
>>84994052
Speaking as a Godzilla autist, even I'll admit that GvKG is completely overrated.
>>
>>84994365
So like the original?
>>
>>84994781
If you think the lead in 2014 sucks, literally every human character in this movie is just as bad, if not worse.
>>84994843
King Ghidorah doesn't appear in the movie until around the same time Godzilla does, maybe a couple of minutes before. The first almost 2 thirds of this movie is nothing but shit story and characters, and the last third is monsters fighting.
>>
>>84994989
>If you think the lead in 2014 sucks, literally every human character in this movie is just as bad, if not worse.
No. Time for that meme to die. Toho's ensemble casts are infinitely better than the "drama" of G2014. Gojira, Mothra vs Godzilla, Monster Zero, Godzilla vs Biollante, Godzilla 2000, GMK, and Shin Godzilla. Even if the characters aren't good, there's still some ironic enjoyment that can be had. Aside from the 30 minutes with Cranston, G2014 is simply dull. And assuming they are "bad", there's 30 minutes less of them in the Japanese flicks.
>>
>>84995127
You listed so many movies but the one we are actually talking about wasn't one of them. I just watched this yesterday. Human character wise, it's terrible aside from a few hilariously bad dubbing moments. I literally didn't care about anyone in this movie.
>>
>>84995422
Oh. I don't care about this one. There's only like ten Godzilla movies I like. Same with other franchises. For Star Wars I only watch the OT and for Alien only the first two movies matter. All franchises have their duds and I ignore them.

I was just addressing the "all characters in Godzilla movies are bad" line people like to use.1) It's not true and 2) I'd rather hear why G2014 is good instead of its fans trying to tear down other movies.
>>
File: sdggg.jpg (37KB, 480x360px)
sdggg.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: 4.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px)
4.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>hurr durr i just want 2 hours of godzilla fucking up an entire city!! xD how epix is that??!!
No, teasing godzilla until the final reveal where he fucks up those MUTOs was a much better fucking decision. 2 full hours of just godzilla wandering around would have gotten old quickly and I would not have been impressed with it towards the end at all.
>>
>>84995793
I don't even like the 2014 movie. I never implied I did.
>>84995833
I don't see how this relates.
>>
File: dafuq 38.jpg (6KB, 316x335px) Image search: [Google]
dafuq 38.jpg
6KB, 316x335px
>>84995968
You were impressed with the end of G2014?
>>
>>84996043
I walked out of the theater very satisfied. So yeah.
>>
>>84995992
Eh. My bad. Just used dealing with people who do argue in that manner.

> As for Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
Yeah. It's not very good. The narrative is convoluted and logic flimsy, special effects are weak even for its own time, and characters aren't the most interesting bunch. The last point is an issue that plagues most of the Heisei films (Return of Godzilla - Godzilla vs Destoroyah). If you want to see something interesting from the same time period, check out the Gamera Trilogy.
>>
>>84996124
>Godzilla gets his ass kicked by 2 literally who monsters, has to be saved by generic army guy who distracts them, kills the smaller one, then kills the bigger one with a surprise attack from the rear

This Godzilla is a bitch.
>>
>>84996487
Yeah you're right it would have been much Coooler to have godzilla just breathe in the general direction of the MUTOs and have them die instantly xD, that way you could really see godzilla is EPICCCC
>>
>>84996559
Godzilla isn't supposed to get fucked just because he's outnumbered, especially not by these trash throwaway monsters. This one is a bitch and so are you for defending him.
>>
File: pshh.jpg (26KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pshh.jpg
26KB, 500x500px
>>84996842
Yeah but see he didn't get fucked, because he won the fight in the end. Get it now?
>>
Godzilla movies have always followed a pattern of having small amounts of screentime devoted to the monsters and huge amounts of unnecessary screentime devoted to pointless subplots with the human characters. Pretty much every Godzilla movie ever made could have been improved by leaving fifteen minutes of the film on the cutting room floor. 2014 was remarkable only in how closely it hewed to the classics in this respect.
>>
>>84996900
He absolutely got fucked. The mutos had his ass on a platter until army dude blew up the eggs and the bigger one fled to tend to them. The mutos had the ability to kill Godzilla in a fair fight. He's a bitch.
>>
>>84997019
you're a bitch
>>
>>84997047
interesting analysis, anon. Please elaborate.
>>
>>84997087
i don't know man, i could make a bunch of arguments to defend the 2014 movie but i'm not going to change my toughts on it and i don't think you will either. so i just decided to stop
>>
>>84994365
pleb
>>
>>84997008
>2014 was remarkable only in how closely it hewed to the classics in this respect.
How? It completely threw the balance of humans and monsters off. Far too much focus on humans. Half an hour more than usual. Most of the monster related material is pushed to the third act and still excessively cuts away from the monsters. The Japanese films usually sprinkle the monsters in healthy doses throughout the film and devotes all attention to them for the last ten or twenty minutes.
>>
File: 292811111.gif (3MB, 268x200px) Image search: [Google]
292811111.gif
3MB, 268x200px
What's your favorite Godzilla movie and why?
>>
>>84998842
Probably the original because it's the only one that's actually good.
>>
>>84998883
No Mothra vs Godzilla, GMK, or Shin Godzilla? They're thought of fairly highly outside of the Godzilla community.
>>
>>84998923
I watched Mothra vs Godzilla recently. I don't see the big deal. Haven't seen GMK in a while and haven't seen shin yet.
>>
>>84995127
>oho's ensemble casts are infinitely better than the "drama" of G2014.
definetly not in this movie or in a movie like destoryah (ironically both share the same writer, whos only good one was biollante)

as someone who's actually seen these movies, 2014 is dull, but godzilla vs king ghidorah has virtually np interesting characters besides Shindo and m11 (for comedic reasons) and destroyah is 100 minutes of takao okawaras boring direction driving a half assed script filled with the least interesting characters ever to be in this franchise and 5 min of the only good stuff in that movie at the very end
>>
File: 044.jpg (134KB, 1185x1600px) Image search: [Google]
044.jpg
134KB, 1185x1600px
>>84999194
See >>84996277
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.