[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just saw this last night after seeing Spider Man last week and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: apes-war-srgb_dc-1.jpg (581KB, 1200x1897px) Image search: [Google]
apes-war-srgb_dc-1.jpg
581KB, 1200x1897px
Just saw this last night after seeing Spider Man last week and I realized something: how VASTLY better the acting was in Planet of the Apes. Why? Because the dialogue was kept simple. Here me out:

Notice how in not only Spiderman Homecoming, but in pretty much EVERY Marvel Cinematic Universe movie has to have a script where all the characters speak an endless stream of quippy dialog?

Ever since Robert Downey Jr.'s performance in the first Iron Man where he ad-libbed a ton of witty remarks, EVERY fucking character now has to make a witty remark every fucking second.

By writing the script so that literally every fucking character is a goddamn quip factory, it heavily hinders the performance of the actors since they're too focused on memorizing all those lines of quippy dialog rather than their actual performance and the emotions they convey.

Meanwhile, pretty much all the dialogue in Planet of the Apes is kept simple, allowing the actors to simply focus on delivery, resulting in much more powerful acting performances.

Watching these movies back to back is proof that quippy dialog is the cancer that is killing movies and resulting in shitty half-assed acting. Oversaturation of quips in a script is all nothing but a pointless dick-waving contest among screenplay writers and results in shittier acting.

tl;dr: Keep the script simple and allow the actors to focus on delivery. Take your witty banter and shove it up your ass.
>>
Good insight anon
>>
>>84987353
Good to know there are people who appreciate Planet of the Apes
>>
File: 1499053170906.gif (2MB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
1499053170906.gif
2MB, 332x332px
>tfw just finishes watching this movie for the second time
These movies are going to be seen as a great modern reboot of an old franchise. I absolutely loved the music they used in War since it sounded so similar to the original.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.