[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Spielberg portray the German soldiers in SPR has having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_9258.jpg (57KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9258.jpg
57KB, 600x325px
Why did Spielberg portray the German soldiers in SPR has having shaved heads, when that was a trait of Soviet soldiers at the time, not German soldiers. Was it to draw a parallel between German soldiers and modern day skinhead punks?
>>
>>84983004
>Was it to draw a parallel between German soldiers and modern day skinhead punks?

Actually, very likely that.
>>
>>84983004
Not all of them were bald

Maybe at war its more of a convenience to have a shaved head
>>
Also probably because it's easier to recognize who's getting shot from where for the dumbos in the audience.
>>
>>84983004

This honestly ruined the movie for me once I learned about it. Ironically, it makes the German soldiers look more like concentration camp prisoners than skinheads. There are also lots of other subtle details in the film used to dehumanize the German soldiers. For instance, whenever an American soldier is shot, they cry out in agony. Whenever a German soldier is shot, they just silently fall to the ground. The original script also contained several instances of scenes included specifically to humanize the Germans, all of which were removed in the final filmed version. For instance, there was a brief scene where a German machine gunner hugs his dog before telling it to run away so it won't be killed in the fighting. After the dog runs off, the man returns to his machine gun position and opens fire on a group of American soldiers who are closing in from a distance.
>>
>>84983261
We're been doing things like this in movies for around 70 years. Did you just never notice before Saving Private Ryan or did you just recently become a /pol/-nazi so cared?
>>
>>84983261
Yes, American war movies portray war in an unrealistic way while making Americans look better than their opponents. Call the fucking news, faggot.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.