[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was recently diagnosed with a mild form of Aspergers. What are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: ASPERGERS.jpg (34KB, 600x497px) Image search: [Google]
ASPERGERS.jpg
34KB, 600x497px
Was recently diagnosed with a mild form of Aspergers. What are some films/television shows to watch that are good for Aspergians/Mildly Autistic people?

Last time I got banned for this post and I don't know why? I'm not a troll or shilling or anything. I'm seriously suffering from Aspergers and just want /tv/'s opinion.
>>
/t.v.'s general film recommendation lists still apply
>>
File: 1499626947436.png (704KB, 532x746px) Image search: [Google]
1499626947436.png
704KB, 532x746px
if you can find a copy
>>
>>84981690
Thomas the Tank Engine.
Hey Arnold!
Thunderbirds.
>>
>>84981690

If you got a card you could go to the autism screenings of films

they are cheaper and give you free juice and biscuits and tea if you are not all over the place autistic
>>
>>84981690

DS9
anything sonic the hedghog
any anime of your choice, you will love them all the generic style and lifeless faces will put you at ease
>>
File: 1499180950909.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1499180950909.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>84981690
>suffering from Aspergers
>>
File: 1499383181022.jpg (5KB, 196x196px) Image search: [Google]
1499383181022.jpg
5KB, 196x196px
>Suffering
>>
>>84981785
when I was between 3-5 I had a few thomas vhs that were pretty much exclusively the only things I would watch on rotation. I probably saw each episode 100 times without getting sick of it

is there some science as to why sperg kids love it so much?
>>
>>84982693
>is there some science as to why sperg kids love it so much?

Yes. A British autism charity authored a report onto why they love it, and it essentially boils down to the following

>easy to identify emotions and expressions
>repetitive and formulaic speech
>little movement on screen at any one time

http://www.autism.org.uk/~/media/nas/documents/extranet/autism-library/magazines-articles-and-reports/reports/other-reports/making%20connections%20executive%20summary.ashx?la=en-gb
>>
>>84982843
LMAO
>>
>>84981751
Underrated
>>
>>84983142

bump
>>
>>84981690
Asperger was removed in the DSM-5.
It's no longer a diagnosis.
>>
>>84981690

As a sperg I unironically like most capeshit. I like fast paced stuff like Fury Road, Crank 2 or Hardcore Henry, and colorful surreal stuff like Dune '84, Speed Racer or Fifth Element.
>>
>>84983372

same here fellow sperg. I LOVED the John Wick films and I love visual shit like Bladerunner, Ghost In the Shell and The Revenant. Stuff that hits you really hard I love most.
>>
>>84983312

It got rolled into autism, so lots of people still say it as shorthand for very low level socially focused autism.
>>
>>84983812

What? That makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>84983871

They got rid of the separate diagnosis because they found Aspergers was just a variation on autism. A person who might've been diagnosed with Aspergers now is either put into ASD or Social Communication Disorder.
>>
As a fucking retard myself:

I like Wes Anderson movies. They have nice, symmetrical shots and lovably quirky characters with heartwarming relationships that make me hate myself slightly less.

Stuff by Stanley Kubrick and Terry Gilliam because they're full of minute details that make me feel smart for noticing them, rather than just pedantic.

Maybe The Social Network because it implies that I might be able to get rich off of my autism if I was smart, came from a good family and was preferably jewish.

On that note also the show Silicon Valley. Which you should probably watch anyway because it's a pretty funny show.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.