[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Didn't anyone think it was weird that all of Arnold's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

Didn't anyone think it was weird that all of Arnold's characters had names like "Ben Richards" and "John Kimble" when it was glaringly obvious he was a central european national?
>>
nope, because I was 10
>>
>>84981142
No, it's part of the fun. Also, ordinary immigrants who aren't determined to become famous with their birth names anglicize them all the time.
>>
>>84981185
Funnily enough, so were the writers
>>
>>84981142
If it was so obvious, why was he always a high up member of some American agency or armed forces?
>>
>>84981142
i just realized that Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 is ironically his most fitting name in a movie.
>>
Not at all. After all, we had presidents with names like "Ronald Reagan" or "George Bush" even though it was glaringly obvious they were Jewish plants instated to setup a false-flag operation using holograms of planes to hide the cruise missiles they were firing at the towers; which needed to come down because they had to recover the nazi gold that was stolen from them during the holocaust and had the added benefit of the patriot act which was the first step on the road towards the FEMA CAMPS where they're going to round us up like FUCKING CATTLE and when they're not just gunning us down en masse then they'll be moving forward in their tests to turn us ALL GAY WITH CHEMICALS, JUST LIKE OBAMA IS DOING RIGHT FUCKING NOW TO THE FROGS USING THE FUCKING CHEMTRAILS TO PUT CHEMICALS INTO THE AIR! I REPEAT, OBAMA IS TURNING THE FUCKING FROGS GAY AND HE WILL DO THE SAME TO US SO WE CAN'T REPRODUCE!!!!
( . Y . )
>>
I mean yeah, but there are also a lot of people who have migrated from central Europe to America post-war so it's not that weird.
>>
>>84981428
Yea but most of the time they have names like Mariusz Radazlaw. Most people named Harry Tasker don't sound like they just got off the plane from Dusseldorf.
>>
>>84981142

He was called Dutch in Predator. How's that?
>>
>>84981142
I find it more amusing how Miller and Brown are considered "American surnames".
>>
>>84981142
There was a Finnish guy who fought in the SS then went to America after the war and became a Green Beret in Vietnam, his name was Lauri Törni and he changed it to Larry Thorne, so I dunno there is a kind of precedent
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.