[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Marathoned Man of Steel and Batman v Superman last night. Every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 94

File: batmanvsupermanmanofsteel.png (779KB, 681x607px) Image search: [Google]
batmanvsupermanmanofsteel.png
779KB, 681x607px
Marathoned Man of Steel and Batman v Superman last night. Every time I watch those two films I gain a new understanding and appreciation for them. There's so much to draw from and interpret. Zack Snyder really does not deserve all the criticism he gets.

MoS/BvS thread?
>>
>>84978384
these films do not get enough appreciation for costume design and art direction
>>
>>84978422
I agree. The amount of detail is staggering. Superman's cape makes him look like Kryptonian royalty. And Batman looks intimidating as fuck, the way he should look to criminals.
>>
Can we meme BvS into being an unironic cult classic?
>>
File: 1498918345811.png (2MB, 1197x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1498918345811.png
2MB, 1197x1536px
Who here hype for Supes' return? Even if he's a heel for a good portion of the movie, I'm still excited to be honest.
>>
You know, I just watched BvS again and I have figured out why people didn't like it much: It's the sound.

It's a good movie but the sound design is vaguely unnerving and at its worst actively annoying. Even outside of action sequences there either the sound of cars or just a vaguely oppressive drone in the background and that makes it sorta unpleasant to watch, especially when you in a theatre and can't turn down the volume.

Or maybe I'm just being literally autistic. One or the other.
>>
File: 1489032733769.jpg (112KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
1489032733769.jpg
112KB, 1050x591px
>>84978509
it's already on its way, lad. this film has a small but very passionate fanbase that shills it hardcore, and is hated by basically everyone else.
>>
>>84978422
Both Batman and Superman's suits look fucking great. Don't necessarily LIKE Batman's, but I do respect and admire the detail that went in to it.
>>
>>84978563
For me, it was the pacing of the movie. When I first saw MoS in the theater, it was hard to follow at first, because it would jump from scene to scene so quickly. It's when you watch it a couple more times you begin to understand and appreciate it more. You have to be able to think fast in order to understand the film's logic.
>>
File: 1483903162258.jpg (355KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
1483903162258.jpg
355KB, 2048x1366px
>>84978637
the JL suit looks pretty fucking rad
>>
File: 8ixifsy7te9z.png (1MB, 999x2499px) Image search: [Google]
8ixifsy7te9z.png
1MB, 999x2499px
>>84978509

its already there

r/movies survey voted BvS 3rd in their Top 10 Underrated Films
>>
>>84978645

Both, even BvS in the directors cut, feel like they've been cut down from something much longer. It feels like some scenes inbetween are missing which messe with the pacing.

Being a complete fucking nerd I'd kinda like to see the 4 hours rough cut Snyder originally had. I imagine some pretty good stuff was left on the cutting room floor.
>>
File: IZ HARAM.jpg (94KB, 531x471px) Image search: [Google]
IZ HARAM.jpg
94KB, 531x471px
You guys remember that dream sequence which made absolutely no sense and didn't contribute anything? Yeah, good times.
>>
File: 1472175204547.png (392KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1472175204547.png
392KB, 500x750px
Favorite scene from MoS? Clark coming home to his mother. That scene really hits me hard. Least favorite? It's a tie between the tornado scene and young Clark posing in front of the dog with a red cape. I understand what Zack was going for, but Jon Kent's death could have been handled a lot better. And the other scene adds nothing to the film in my opinion.

Favorite scene from BvS? Day of the Dead. You can really see how Superman is racked with guilt over not being able to save everyone, juxtaposed with his frustration as being perceived as a god. Least favorite scene? Lois instinctively knowing to get the Kryponite spear. That was dumb.
>>
>>84978807
t. pleb
It's okay to admit that the film was too difficult for you to understand
>>
>>84978807

It showed what Bruce was afraid the world would turn into if he let Superman lived, delivered a visually interesting action sequence and appearently those flying insectoid aliens mean something to people who actually read comicbooks while also serving as a visual callback to Lex Luthors line about "demons that come from the sky" earlier.
>>
>>84978477
Superman was from a house of kryptonian Nobility.

Also Reminder that MoS showed that a colonist's pod had been opened before the colony ship got buried in the Ice meaning that there is another kryptonian on earth.
>>
>>84978868
Could the "metagene" have Kryptonian origins? Hopefully JL will touch upon that.
>>
>>84978807
>bruce has a nightmare in which he is unable to stop superman and the world devolves into superman ruling other people like a god.

then I realised what it wasn't a dream
>>
>>84978913
Metahumans seem to come from a variety of different sources. Killer Croc just looks like a freak of nature
>>
>>84978861
This guy gets it.

I was legitimately frightened when Superman zapped those guys with heat vision. It was definitely an OH SHIT moment. I would have liked to have actually see Supes rip out Batman's heart lol
>>
The reason the movie has a minority cult following is because it's just deep enough to convince plebs that it's deep, but said plebs are too plebian to grasp just how truly hollow it is. They think that being self-referential or repeating shots or nods to religious mythology is kino somehow.
>>
>>84978834
Favourite scene was the montage where Clark puts on the suit and he begins to test his powers to his limit.

Favorite scenes from BvS were the punished Bruce and Snarky Alfred scenes.
>>
>>84978563
I reckon there's more to it than that truth be told.

I don't care for the writing and some of the casting is quite off.
>>
File: first flight.jpg (189KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
first flight.jpg
189KB, 1920x800px
>>84979062
Here ya go bud. Something for your PC :)
>>
>>84979143
Cheers. Have a comfy pic
>>
>>84978691
faggy millennial polls are faggy....
>>
>>84979231
Sweet, thanks man.
>>
>>84979141

I wont argue that but not really moreso than even some critically acclaimed movies in the genre. Nolans Batman trilogy had a lot of clunky writing aswell, both in terms of plotting and dialogue. Sure, they are a lot more focused and don't try to do as many things at once but I always feel bad blaming a movie for being too ambitious, even if it falls short of it.

Hell, I'm one of those people who like Southland Tales.
>>
>>84978650
looks like the owl guy from watchmen
>>
>>84979141
What parts of the casting did you not like?
I kinda grew used to Gal being a qt animuesque WW despite not liking her being casted in the first place.
>>
Reminder that the theatrical version of BvS is the patrician's choice, and better than the director's cut, and most definitely also a Snyder-cut, and all the meme-speak about WB forcing him to cut it down is heresy. Theatrical is definitely a Snyder movie, and his best work yet.

Fight me in real life
>>
>>84979337
the glass kinda gives it away.
on the other hand power armor Batman was neat.
>>
>>84979374
Sorry anon, I have an irrational fear of touching faggots.
>>
>Quick, Bat of Manslaughter, you have to save my mother who is named Martha.
>Nevermind that I am suited better fir the task since I have x-ray vision and superhearing, plus I can hear my gf fall down a building from miles away or hear when she's in danger on another continent
>I am also sure that your subtle use of miniguns is very useful for the task at hand and that the kidnappers won't hear them and decide to kill Martha
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: man-steel.jpg (158KB, 635x953px) Image search: [Google]
man-steel.jpg
158KB, 635x953px
Henry Cavill is literally perfect casting. You cannot refute this.
>>
>>84979424
I don't know. There weren't enough quips for me to understand. :(
>>
>>84979434
No doubt about it.
>>
>>84979443
Well when the whole movie is a joke you don't need quips.
>>
>>84979424

That he was about to die and begging Batman to at least save his mother was his last wish? I mean, what the hell else was he gonna do? Hope that Luthor and his thugs were just gonna release her after she stops being useful for them?
>>
>>84979434
>Zod's crew's military uniforms are dark
>they were made in the period of krypton's twilight.

>Superman's costume is bright and colorful.
>It was made during the golden age of krypton.

Bravo
>>
>Hmm, I need to convince Superman to join me in my plan to terrarium Earth.
>He clearly has a connection to the humans here, should I trick him?
>Nah, I'll just drown him in human skulls in a vision. He'll join me for dure!
>>
>>84979434
Definitely. Americans create characters that only Britons have the physique, gravitas and talent to embody.
>>
>>84979424
>The world's too big, mom
>Then make it smaller

>My parents taught me to hone my senses, Zod... FOCUS, on just what I wanted to see

>I didn't see it, Lo. I'm afraid I didn't see it because I wasn't looking.

Does that help you to understand better? Also take into account that x-rays and sound cannot penetrate through lead.
>>
>>84979561
>sound
come on now.

>>84979547
you forgot
>I can make sure kryptonians survive as literal gods in this world with a slightly longer incubation period.
>nah, lets just destroy this world so that we can go back to being boring again.
>>
>>84979516
The whole scene was weird. Why would you refer to your mother by her first name? Was Superman some edgy teenager? I mean "Save my mother" sounds way more natural.
And then Batman thought "Holy shit, this dude's mother has the same name as mine. Better forget that I fear him because he is an all powerful alien"
>>
>>84979655
>save my mom
yeah, and batman would magically know who superman's mom was.
Giving Batman her name is just common sense.

The bigger plot hole is how did superman figure out who batman was?
>>
>>84979655

Maybe I'm just reaching to justify it but I assume he might have been about to say "save Martha Kent" so that Batman would actually have the name of the person he should save and not just the word "my mother" to go on which he might have very well assumed is another alien.
>>
>>84978868
Wasn't that just Supergirl?
>>
>>84979764
I want it to be her. There isn't any proof that she is even in the DCEU.
>>
>>84979641
I fucked up on that. Sorry. But still, the main point that the movie drives home is that Superman isn't this guy that can be everywhere and hear everything all at once. He has to focus on something really hard in order to find it. That's the whole thing with the Senate hearing: He put his trust in humanity again when he went to speak to the committee, not suspecting that anything bad would happen. He let his guard down, and didn't focus.
>>
Snyder is a hack director who occasionally stumbles upon a great shot. Marvel films all look like they were shot in a parking lot
>>
>>84979782
I can see a decent film with her if they just nix everything from the CW. Make it way more edgy and grown up than the tv series
>>
>>84979561
>and sound cannot penetrate through lead.
Ha ha ha
>>
>>84979782
whatever like it fucking matters, they'll just retcon the existing movies to shit whenever they want to add anyone new. warner don't give a fuck about your "kino" they just want asses in seats.
>>
>>84979750
Ever notice how after Batman calms down after Lois arrives, Superman refers to Martha as his mother?

>my mother needs me

It's Batman that refers to her as Martha. When he says "Martha won't die tonight" Superman has kind of a puzzled look on his face. I think Batman was just hearing what he wanted to hear when he was about to kill Superman. At least, that's my theory.
>>
>>84979888
The thing is MoS did leave the door open for supergirl to be present.
>>
>>84979806

That's because most of them are directed by TV people like Whedon and the Russo brothers. Which is fine, because Marvel is treating them like very long and expensive episodes of a superhero monster-of-the-week television show but they don't feel very cinemativ. They feel like Big Budger Power Rangers.

Snyder is more of a cinema guy and, as far as I know, has a background in painting so, if nothing else, he makes movies that actually look like movies. And are usually written like movies, rather than like an ongoing series.
>>
>>84979719

I think it just feels unnatural(even for a capeflick) referring to your mother by her name instead of mom in the moments of desperation.
>>
File: 1496762753526.png (869KB, 1600x668px) Image search: [Google]
1496762753526.png
869KB, 1600x668px
>>84978540
I can't be the only one.
>>
>>84980016
Well no shit sherlock.
>>
>>84979719
>The bigger plot hole is how did superman figure out who batman was?

Well, he DOES have x-ray vision... lol. And I don't think Batman's cowl is lined with lead.
>>
>Rewatching MoS last night

>Lex straight up taunts batman that he knows who Batman is in the prison.

>never noticed that before.
>>
I watched Batman v Superman because of /tv/ and I loved it. Best capeshit I've seen, far superior to anything Marvel. Is it worth watching any other Zack Snyder movies? I've already seen 300, which wasn't anywhere near as good as BvS.
>>
>>84979655
>Why would you refer to your mother by her first name?
Superman's mother died when he was a baby. Only Clark Kent has a living mother. Superman takes his secret identity seriously.
>>
>>84979374
Explain why Lex blew up the senate in the theatrical cut other than "Superman did it"
>>
>>84980127

Watchmen is a lot like Batman v Superman and arguably has a somewhat more focussed story. You're probably gonna like it. Sucker Punch is a fun action movie but otherwise not too special. Man of Steel if you want to watch the origin story of that Superman but it has a pretty weak last third that drags it down quite a bit.
>>
>>84980243
Just to get back at the senator lady?
He went ahead and pissed in a jar and labelled it.
>>
>>84978422
Amen to that.

There are some questionable cgi but overall the aesthetics of bvs (and mos) were absolutely fantastic
>>
For a movie that likes to talk about big topics like manlike gods, destiny and saviours it deals with them in a really shallow wage.

The planet of the apes movies deal with similar subjects and they really get their teeth stuck into them instead of subliminally alluding to them like Snyder does. Anyone that finds these films "deep" have a toddler's view of philosophy.
>>
File: manofsteelbg.jpg (160KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
manofsteelbg.jpg
160KB, 700x1050px
https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1500124410965.webm
>>
>>84980317
>questionable cgi
I hated the excessive lens flare. It's most noticeable in the Batmobile scene. Attention CG artists: simulating the shittiest lenses possible will not trick me into thinking it's real. It's incredibly distracting when most of the other scenes look so good.
>>
File: 1471704331121.png (353KB, 488x503px) Image search: [Google]
1471704331121.png
353KB, 488x503px
Posting from other thread:

>>84978887
>>84979322
>>84979608
>>
>>84978384
Sharing this from the other thread.

>>84980107

Argus: From Greek mythology; a giant with a hundred eyes. The Latin motto for A.R.G.U.S.: "Noster Quaerere Incipere" - "Our Search Begins."
>>
>>84979655

Because if he was going to die, he would do so as Superman, and after he was gone mis mom would be safe from anyone coming Superman if she was just Clark Kents mom. Provided Batman saved her that is.

>>84979750
And this.

>>84979719
X-Ray vision, he had met Bruce at the aprty, remember? At this point, Batman has no reason to know Superman has x-ray vision, or that lead blocks it.
>>
>>84980125
How did you miss that? Lex literally played both supes and bats throughout the movie like puppets
>>
BvS isn't the best, but damn if it doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.. Pacing is really the problem. If you look at every scene in YouTube you could see hundreds of people enjoying said scene. But the movie as a whole, as a collection of these wonderful scenes kinda fail. Even then, people who claim the movie as an "insult" or a "disgrace" have their rage blinding them.
>>
>>84980445
I never got the explicit way he spelt it out to batman. Lex was clearly manipulating batman because of the phonecall he made saying that the knight was ready.

I really loved the autistical way FacebookMan delivered it.
>"Civilisation on the Wayne. Manors crumbling down."
This movie hides a lot in the subtext
>>
>>84978422
In Superman's costume, there is a Kryptonian text that translates

“And where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence; where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.”

Likewise, Wonder Woman's sword also has a Joseph Campbell quote

"Life is killing life all the time and so the goddess kills herself in the sacrifice of her own animal."
>>
File: The Hero's Journey Template.jpg (118KB, 1248x872px) Image search: [Google]
The Hero's Journey Template.jpg
118KB, 1248x872px
>>84980543
>>
>>84980543
Thats not true right? You got source
>>
File: duel of the kryptonians.png (996KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
duel of the kryptonians.png
996KB, 1366x768px
Zod coming back as Doomsday to bite Superman in the ass after killing him was poignant. It is here where Supes realizes he has to take up personal responsibility for this fact and makes himself accountable by making the ultimate sacrifice. It's here where he shows the world who he really is and what he stands for. Only in death does the world finally realize he was here to do good. Very tragic.

>This THING, is from another world... MY world.

You can see how he holds resentment and disgust towards anything remotely Kryptonian. He sees himself as a Earthling, despite his powers, and wants to distance himself completely from Krypton and it's failures. Hence,

>KRYPTON HAD ITS CHANCE!
>>
>>84980480
Its because the characters of superman and batman come directly from the movies that people have watched.

Their idea of superman is that of an almighty being that can literally turn back time by spinning around very fast to save the life of one person.

MoS and BvS are far more like comic book films adapted to the visual medium instead of being cartoon characters drawing inspiration from the comics. As a result you get a lot of very good high quality animesque scenes shot and produced wonderfully, but the characters are different from the ideas people have in their mind.
>>
File: IMG_0476.gif (1MB, 500x214px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0476.gif
1MB, 500x214px
>>84978949
I think at least one of those sources is going to turn out to be flat-out mystical. I think it's going to turn out that under the right circumstances, literally anyone can become an echo of the "absent" gods.
>>
>>84980737
I really liked the mexican gangbanger guy in sepukku squad, he sold the former killer turning a new leaf extremely well, but the entire family thing seemed rushed near the end.
>>
>>84980480

To my knowledge, there isn't a single scene from the movie with anything close to a negative reaction on YouTube. Hell, the Batman being Batman scenes have millions of views and people praising the fuck out of them.

It actually did pretty well in the cinemas too. Sure, it could have done better, but it was far from a flop.
>>
I don't claim this film is smart, but it's good at relaying its themes. Seriously, just fucking listen to Day of the Dead. You can just feel the existential crisis from the presence of "The Superman."

https://youtu.be/lnNwMiOWDM0
>>
>>84980679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1SChTYgSDg

Watch from the one minute mark to the three minute mark.
>>
>>84980810

I liked him too. Suicide Squad could have been so much better if it focused more on him, Croc and Captain Boomerang and less on Will Smith and Harley Quinn.
>>
>>84980867
Captain boomerang seemed like he was lifted from /int/
>>
>>84980895

That's what made him fun. He made for much better comic relief than Harley.
>>
>>84980831
It's true. Look at every scene. Look at every soundtrack. It's everyone praising the goddamn film. The only negative reaction you'll see are the counterarguments in the replies, which inevitably get muted.

I think BvS has become some sort of judgement test for other people for me. It's kinda obvious if someone's bandwagoning if they claim this film was the worst they've seen when there are so much worse, and so much more pretentious films. In fact, how is BvS even considered pretentious? It tries to show off the message and themes in very accessible ways, the opposite of being pretentious which seeks to look smart by obscuring the subject entirely. The equivalent of someone pulling words out of a thesaurus to substitute "good writing."
>>
>>84980895
>>84980867
It's so weird after seeing Batman v Superman where the film is very earnest in the portrayal of an alien being among us, the next part is about an Australian with a boomerang with his gang of misfits in downtown LA.
>>
>>84980867
Suicide squad would have been better if it spent like half an hour of family building between all the members of the squad.
>>
>>84979655
I think he actually said, "My mother," and Bruce just heard what he needed to hear to stop himself. I think we're going to get the punchline to that setup in JL.
>>
>>84980949
It has become my own test to see if a person is willing to judge a film independent of now-delegitimized critics and online narrative.

Honestly, this whole drama has made me really cynical on how easily influenced people are by online negativity. If this was a pre-Internet era film, all would've been different. But now where an opinion can spread like forest fire, people are more and more affected by the opinions of others. The hivemind expands, ever swallowing more and more.
>>
>>84979295
No, that's certainly fair, these are superhero movies after all.

I don't know, it adds up, Clark Kent NOT knowing Bruce Wayne, Martha!, the way the conveniently fought on a deserted island.

It's quite messy.

>>84979355
Maybe this is also writing but Eisenberg was awful I think.

There was zero chemistry between Adams and Cavill.

What the fuck was the candy Senator about?

As for Gadot, I'm not hysterical about it, but I think they could have done better.
>>
>>84979434
A man so beautiful that I have no problem believing he's an invincible Ubermensch.
>>
>>84980971
the real world is full of people dying horrible deaths at the hand of ruthless regimes and people dressed as ponies.
>>
>>84978709
You're not alone. I'd love to see it.
>>
>>84981062
You know the worst part is? It's obvious when someone is using the words of someone else when criticizing this film. "No substance" "Nonsensical characters" etc etc and that's pretty much all they say. I'm fine with hating on this film but give more precise examples because I honestly can't see it. It's not a perfect film, but it's not the worst, and if anything it's better than most Marvel movies purely because of how it tries to be so unique and different.
>>
>>84980831
Going by the early receipts/ticket sales it absolutely underperformed. It would have EASILY crossed the billion mark with and if it had the legs of wonder woman than it would have hit the 2 billion mark too. The critics absolutely killed it

Not saying box office performance is inductive of quality just that bvs potential was neved realised. Its destined to be a cult classic though and i guess that probably better in the long run
>>
>>84981063
I thought the entire lex luthor thing was a perspective shift on portraying the character differently. I mean OG lex in the movies wanted to make more land by nuking the san andreas fault.

>Zero chemistry.
I agree with this. They were fine in their own roles.

>Candy senator.
He was just trying to ingratiate himself to Lex. Once lex had him in his pocket, he was doing the touchy feely thing.
>>
>>84979434
Not gay or anything but lets see some skin hehe
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-15-23-27-24.jpg (513KB, 1046x933px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-15-23-27-24.jpg
513KB, 1046x933px
>this is the peak of film criticism
>>
>>84981063
>Maybe this is also writing but Eisenberg was awful I think.

I get what you mean but he was one of my favourite parts of the movie. Over the top, awkward and dweeby for sure but I thought it was kinda inspired to interpet Lex Luthor that way. A guy with an inferiority complex who's pretty smart but not quite as smart as he thinks he is. Not very threatening but interesting for what he is.

>There was zero chemistry between Adams and Cavill.

I agree. Cavill in general kinda fails to bring the warmth and likability to Superman that he should have. He makes for an alright internally conflicted Superman but not so much for a good heroic, inspiring Superman

>What the fuck was the candy Senator about?

Lex having a politician literally eat out of his hands. I think that's pretty much all there is to that scene.

>As for Gadot, I'm not hysterical about it, but I think they could have done better.

I've yet to see her in Wonder Woman but I know what you mean. Also saw her in one of the Fast and Furious movies. She sure is pretty good at playing a tall, skinny woman with a weird accent.
>>
>>84978384
Why does Superman always look like he is about to pull a Cobain?
>>
>>84981276
when the whole world is against you even though you've pretty much done nothing wrong it can get to you
>>
File: 1468640568698.jpg (30KB, 550x308px) Image search: [Google]
1468640568698.jpg
30KB, 550x308px
So good to see a civil discussion about these two films, instead of just mindless shitposting.
>>
MoS is very good.

BvS is very good

SS is meh

WW is ok fun

I hope JL is gonna be good too. Trailer next week. It's time to see some epic shit for real.
>>
>>84978422
>>84978477
You are right, the duct tape Batman and rich Kryptonian Leather look very aesthetic.
>>
File: 11a035b7e3cbee42cfd6eee66a20b82f.jpg (191KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
11a035b7e3cbee42cfd6eee66a20b82f.jpg
191KB, 1000x1500px
>>84981201
>if it had the legs of wonder woman

But who does have legs like Wonder Woman, really?
>>
File: bvs smear campaign.jpg (86KB, 641x780px) Image search: [Google]
bvs smear campaign.jpg
86KB, 641x780px
>>84981201
Likewise you can ask yourself how many films reached BvS numbers with his overwhelmingly negative media narrative? I can't think of many. Even low rated blockbusters are generally left alone to be that but in BvS's case, it was changed from dislike to downright hatred. You see it still lingers in the minds of journalists. Like how every DCEU news is always followed by an implication that DCEU is doomed and failed. I don't know if it's the hivemind in action or if they geniunely do hate this film so much that they felt compelled to turn it into an online crusade.
>>
>>84978384

They're bad movies. Fuck off.
>>
>>84981254
>I get what you mean but he was one of my favourite parts of the movie. Over the top, awkward and dweeby for sure but I thought it was kinda inspired to interpet Lex Luthor that way. A guy with an inferiority complex who's pretty smart but not quite as smart as he thinks he is. Not very threatening but interesting for what he is.
he was also abused by daddy which made him pissed off at god.
Then superman comes along and Lex finally has the focus on which to harness his autistic rage. Just goes to show you how powerful autism can be when backed up by shekels.

I also disagree about the good, heroic inspiring superman bit. A huge part of that was portrayed throughout the film.

Superman acts as a uniter and beacon for humanity and it is shown through the eyes of the people themselves. Superman is full on demigod.

>The protestors and the superman fangirls stand together during the funeral scene where they bury superman's empty coffin.
It shows the powerful impact superman has on the human psyche far more than any direct character interaction would
>>
I love every one of my DC bros
>>
>>84978540
i really can't fucking wait for him to come back in an epic way
i always imagine it like this
>justice league is fighting an army of parademons
>they are struggling
>they know they can't win but keep fighting, waiting for a miracle
>batman asks them to have hope
>from the sky comes a loud band
>sups comes back and rapes the whol army
>everyone realises they are nothing without sups
>batman smiles
>>
>>84981001
So much this. If it gave us that, I wouldn't even care if it was another three-hour movie. Just something to make their coalescence into a real team feel more organic. Either that, or just change Diablo's motivation to be less about family and more about righting past wrongs.
>>
>>84980480
>Pacing is really the problem
The pacing is perfect (although I only saw the theatrical cut, maybe the extended cut slows it down and makes it worse).
>>
>>84981353
Its mostly hivemind. Basically its like a nuclear reaction. Once you reach critical mass, you can retire your bots and watch people tear the movie to shreds.

It's a wonderful and terrifying time to be alive.
>>
>>84979424
Hi pleddit
>>
>>84980858
Fucking amazing.
>>
>>84981386
>The protestors and the superman fangirls stand together during the funeral scene

Geez, I missed that. That's genuinely heartwarming.
>>
File: amytub-620x350.jpg (37KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
amytub-620x350.jpg
37KB, 620x350px
>>84981254
They had great chemistry.
>>
>>84979434
>literally greco roman classic statue tier.
wew lads.
>>
File: Untitled.png (686KB, 1126x616px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
686KB, 1126x616px
>>84981306
If they are against him why are they fawning over him?

>pretty much done nothing wrong

Here is a picture of Superman using a sky scraper as a cheese grater to attempt to hurt another invincible being, well except for his neck.
>>
>>84981460
I rewatched the movie last night. It's the little things that you eventually pick up on.
>>
>>84979782
http://dccomicsextendeduniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Man_of_Steel_Prequel
>>
>>84980704
>the characters are different from the ideas people have in their mind
BvS felt like fanfiction to me, and I mean that as praise. Good fanfic is usually better than the original material because it does something different with the characters and setting we already know, which means you can have an interesting story without wasting a lot of time on setup.
>>
>>84981353
>$0.01 has been deposited in your account
Thanks DC Shill Bot.
>>
>>84981513
I want her to appear in the movie anon.
>>
I've never seen such a controversial film before. Like, ever.

It's not even the case of "hey why do you like this film? Its kinda bad" or "diff folk diff strokes" kind of deal. There are people willing to fucking silence one another to even simply liking this film. It's not even a battle, it's a fucking massacre. BvS fans are considered retarded and pretty much discriminated, no one even wants to listen to them. There are legit celebrities who are afraid to voice out their opinion on even liking this movie.

Holy fucking shit. What's happening? This is BATMAN vs SUPERMAN, it isn't Mein Kampf or the Communist Manifesto. Not even console wars have something on this. This is straight up persecution.
>>
>>84980858
I have a new appreciation for zack and bvs... why dont more people know about or even care about this
>>
>>84979810
She might be Supergirl Prime, just chilling in the sun waiting for a new Age of Heroes. That'd be a hell of a twist.
>>
>>84981549
people hate what they don't understand
>>
>>84978691
Jesus Christ it's not just a meme, Reddit have absolutely appalling taste
>>
File: 1486080550142.gif (2MB, 245x360px) Image search: [Google]
1486080550142.gif
2MB, 245x360px
>>84981460
Never noticed that. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>84981549

Not really. For a movie that big, sure, it's pretty controversial but Alejandro Jodorowsky legitimitely had rocks thrown at him and was chased out of the movie theatre by an angry mob when Fando y Lis premiered.

I recall hearing some similar though not as extreme reactions about screenings of Lynch's Eraserhead.

What I'm saying is, arthouse people used to be fucking merciless.
>>
File: funeral.jpg (90KB, 1397x647px) Image search: [Google]
funeral.jpg
90KB, 1397x647px
Is this peak capekinography?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc_N3VMHXWE
>>
>>84980858
>their care and love
>"kill" character in second movie
FAKE NEWS
A
K
E

N
E
W
S
>>
File: 1437615113992.gif (2MB, 205x221px) Image search: [Google]
1437615113992.gif
2MB, 205x221px
>its only a shill thread if its marvel movie

DCucks everybody. Keep fallating yourselves but deep down you know everyone hates this movie and will continue to do so
>>
>>84981633
Yeah, I forgot about arthouse movies. But yeah you got my point, I've never seen this happen in big mainstream media.
>>
>>84979547
Zod already had him prisoner when he showed him that. Also, Zod had no interest in colonization, just resurrection. He needed our biomass to pull that off.
>>
Justice League looks epic, right fellow DCbros lol
>>
>>84981697
>posting literal war criminals
Marvel pls
>>
>>84981697
This pajeet is seething lads
>>
>>84981746
>War criminals
>When the entire concept of BvS happens because Superman destroys half a city and kills a bunch of people in his fight with Zod
>>
>>84981682
captain america's funeral will top it
>>
>>84981776
>pajeets only like MCU movies.
you know it would cost Disney 20$ to let a single pajeet post here at a time?
>>
>>84981790

The survival of the entire human race was at stake, man.
>>
>>84981807
Nah I would love to don't get me wrong but the MCU is incapable of conveying human emotions. There is no psychology or religion or social belonging. It's all flat mess of nothing.
>>
File: 1489791087134.png (351KB, 991x693px) Image search: [Google]
1489791087134.png
351KB, 991x693px
>>84981776
Yeah, absolutely seeting :'D
>>
>>84978384
I hope that BvS truly has laid a lot of ground work for the DCEU, and that in 5 years we'll be able to look back and say "Oh hey they referenced that in BvS!"
>>
>>84981866
MoS and BvS already do that in subtle and not-so-subtle ways.
>>
File: IMG_0510.png (467KB, 431x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0510.png
467KB, 431x461px
>>84980016
Oh hell no. You're definitely not alone. I'm extra-hype at what the presence of Pa Kent might mean.
>>
>>84981846
Iron Man hasn't been a literal who for a decade and Captain America and the Hulk never really were.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-10-23-23h01m02s253.png (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-10-23-23h01m02s253.png
2MB, 1920x800px
>>84981682
I like the small touch of that military girl constantly being in the background reacting. It's a nice touch of continuity, seeing her blush over Superman in MoS and then in BvS when the nuke hits Superman, the camera cuts to her crying in prayer and then her being at the funeral. She has barely any lines in BvS but her presence has meaning to the importance Superman has to these people.
>>
>>84981846
I'll never get over the fact that BvS couldn't even gross $900 million. What a disaster
>>
>>84980078
He pretty much already knew during Lex's party.
>>
>>84981915
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>84981920
What a disaster to who? You? Are you personally invested in the finances of WB? There is literally no reason for us to discuss corporate financials besides sheer corporate fanboyism. This is a film board, not a business one.
>>
File: 5561515615345.jpg (41KB, 1080x1271px) Image search: [Google]
5561515615345.jpg
41KB, 1080x1271px
>>84981846
>kiddie flick vs greek drama tier kino
>>
>>84981915
yep. Also I mentioned that the protestors and the two fangirls of superman were standing together during the funeral.
>>
>>84981950
Superman is basically prime elvis.
>>
BvS themes were generally about the insecurities, internal and external conflicts of the two most popular Superheroes

Wonder Woman's themes were something about men being generally evil and WW coping with a flawed world ultimately

Suicidr Squad was idk

What will Justice League be about?
>>
>>84979910
I will legitimately laugh my ass off if this turns out to be true. It's like the height of comic-booky plot points, and I love the very thought of it.
>>
>>84980016
Why is Agent Smith in a Superman costume?
>>
File: 1500124264854[1].webm (3MB, 960x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500124264854[1].webm
3MB, 960x400px
DEFEND THIS DC KEKS
>>
>>84981909
Hulk wasn't in Civil War.
>>
>>84982009
coming together
>>
>>84980410
Big guy?
>>
>>84982051
Of courshe
>>
>>84982027
Eh, my point still stands. If noone else Iron Man has become a household name that sells tickets. Why do you think he was on the poster of the new Spiderman movie. If Robert Downey Jr. ever decides to retire Marvel better has a damn good backup plan.
>>
>>84981915
>snyder repeats the same exact shots over and over again
>omg dat symmetry dat foreshadowing omg kino
Are DCucks literally retarded?
>>
>>84982048
That's really gay
>>
>>84982076
But all that proves is what fantastic work that the MCU has done with the character, that a relative unknown like Iron Man has been rocketed in popularity to the point that he can compete with Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman.
>>
>>84982078
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>84982078
Who said anything about shot, you illiterate abortion?
>>
File: 1432834660495.png (94KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1432834660495.png
94KB, 292x257px
>>84981956
>This is a film board, not a business one.

Your absolutely right, we shouldn't be hard on WB. the studio isnt shit the film is
>>
>>84982120

Yeah, I'm not gonna shit on RDJ or the character he plays, it's genuinely an extremely charismatic performance and he has great comedic timing. I think Iron Man 3 was the last time I actually gave a shit about a Marvel movie.
>>
>>84981958
Theres a reason why everyone calls you DCucks
>>
So why does it seem like such an affront to have this Batman and Superman responsible for and tangling with the consequences of their own murders in an age of U.S. drone assassinations and the ceaseless murders of unarmed Black women, men and children by our own appointed servants of justice? Is the idea of our comic-book superheroes being as complicit in abuse of power what really gets under our skin? Aren’t all American superhero movies about exceptionalism to some degree? Maybe this isn’t a crowd-pleasing movie, but it’s a disturbing, fascinating movie that is both enthralled by and suspicious of the erotic, political and philosophical implications of power.

In an age of consumer entitlement, Snyder could’ve given us the movie we all wanted: something fun, apparently. A coherent, pleasing movie about a traumatized vigilante who dresses like a small-winged mammal and an alien god, indebted to the factory-like precision machinations of storytelling in Pixar movies. Instead, in pursuit of a fever dream, he gave us something alienating, jarring, ironic and singular. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the Eyes Wide Shut of superhero movies, another misunderstood movie which subverts masculine heroism to immerse us in neuroses, impotence and paranoia, set in an impossible dream city that all too resembles our own. We won’t truly understand it for a while, and no amount of information about its box office or effect on Time Warner shareholders’ profit margins will help. If all we’re going to continue to watch are movies about superheroes, isn’t it about time we saw ones about their childhood memories, about their dreams and nightmares, living in a world made of our own? Isn’t it time we started asking ourselves, what is it really about power that thrills us, that requires us to commune with it?
>>
181 posts 41 posters
>Dc cucks try this hard
>>
>>84982204
>is the Eyes Wide Shut of superhero movies

I'm pretty sure he only wrote that because it uses that one Waltz by Dmitry Shostakovich that served as the leitmotif of Eyes Wide Shut in one scene.
>>
>>84982202
Because they're children and can't put out an argument besides falling into cuckedry.
>>
File: 1455811225640.jpg (137KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
1455811225640.jpg
137KB, 1200x600px
(1/19)

That Lex Luthor behaving like The Joker wasn't intentional.
The entire point of the movie is to show that the Superman mythos belongs to no one and everyone at the same time. This is the historical baggage that Snyder is aware these characters carry: An endless barrage of fanboys and comic book lore since the 30's, comparison to other iconic characters, and everyone thinking they have the last word on how these characters should and would act.
It’s already been mentioned there’s a very blatant reference to Excalibur (1981), a modern retelling of the 15th century legend Le Morte d'Arthur. It is shown on the marquee at the theater ("Coming Wednesday") on the night Bruce’s parents are killed.
In the end Batman slams the spear into the ground (stone). He pulls the spear out of the ground before he attacks Superman (sword from stone). After he realizes he's become the bad guy, he abandons the spear the same way Arthur did after he abused its power to defeat Lancelot. Lois is the lady of the lake, tossing the spear into the water and then having to get it back before the final fight. The fight between Batman vs Superman is similar to the fight between Lancelot and Arthur (two good guys fighting against each other due to hubris and passion, eventually reconciling to fight the main bad guy)
Doomsday is Mordred. In the end Superman stabs Doomsday and gets stabbed in return, and Superman impales himself further to stab Doomsday through the back and kill him, same way the fight between Mordred and Arthur goes. Doomsday's unnatural creation also mirrors how Morgana created Mordred to some degree.

However, this movie is full to the brim with references to cartoons, mythology, religion novels, movies, pop culture, etc. Discovering this brings us one step closer to answering our question.
>>
>>84982237
>people discussing a movie and its scenes are tryhards.
>>
>>84982311

Yes, i agree. Thank you for seeing it my way
>>
File: 1459099469026.jpg (153KB, 1482x1331px) Image search: [Google]
1459099469026.jpg
153KB, 1482x1331px
>>84982309

(2/19)

Superman is Christ, Moby Dick, King Arthur, Zorro, JFK, The White Rabbit/Bugs Bunny, the Classical hero.

Batman is Ahab, a vampire, Lancelot, Charles Foster Kane, Dr. Bill Hartford, John the Baptist, the tortured soul seeking redemption.

Doomsday is a fire-breathing dragon, King Kong, a falling meteorite, a nuclear holocaust, the mythical Hydra, Mordred, the monster inside oneself.

The Kryptonite spear is Excalibur, Longinus, Zeus' thunderbolt, Ahab's harpoon, Zorro's rapier, Alexander the Great's sword, dispassionate power and judgement.

Lex is The Joker, The Mad Hatter, Elmer Fudd, Oedipus, Icarus, Salome, the Tragic cynic.

I dare you to find these references I've mentioned, I promise you they're all there, and there are even more to be found.

There are many comparisons with the Nolan trilogy because this film embraces it as part of the mythos too. For instance, the Batmobile scene culminates in Batman running into Superman, while in the Nolan version he decides to spare the Joker on his motorcycle. The Gotham football team's uniform is the same color in both films. Rachel Dawes and Lois Lane are dropped from a skyscraper. The interrogation scenes of The Joker and Luthor are accentuated in one case because of its physical violence and in the other because of the lack thereof.
>>
>>84982021
Unironically the worst DC movie so far. But it literally got a free pass because "MUH FEMALE SUPEHERO" and a lighter, more accessible feel
>>
>>84981462
Haters gonna hate, but I think their chemistry's a little dodgy by design, because it's echoing Superman's relationship with the whole of Earth.

In MoS, Supes falls in love with her because she accepts him. Lois loves him back, but is visibly awed by him and cautiously optimistic as his advocate.

In BvS, he's being overprotective and smothering Lois, and she's questioning if their relationship can go forward as it is.
>>
File: 1459915951306.jpg (61KB, 880x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459915951306.jpg
61KB, 880x600px
>>84982349

(3/19)

It's a deconstruction and analysis of the characters themselves.

Snyder playfully conversates with the audience, meticulously painting a picture that compares mythical heroes with their modern versions. There’s no denying he will steal a grin from the audience, when they realize the Kryptonite in Bruce’s dream was merely a box with a green light inside: the ”beautiful lie” of cinema magic. This is an allusion to Pulp Fiction’s glowing briefcase, the contents of which are never seen, and in later interviews was revealed to contain simply a light bulb.

Snyder is aware that the Kryptonite is merely an engine to drive the plot forward, and isn’t afraid to hide it, so he gives the audience a nudge as a reminder that McGuffins will never get old.

Another scene that shows Snyder’s passion for the masters of the past is ironically one of the most often ridiculed because of the set-up: the Capitol explosion.

“Take a bucket of piss and call it Granny's Peach Tea. Take a weapon of assasination and call it deterrence, you won't fool a fly or me”.

That jar of piss is Lex mocking her, and she realizes that he actually took her words literally, and he plans to bomb the place as a "method of deterrence" to turn everyone against Superman. The scene is edited masterfully. There's this quick cut to Luthor's empty seat, the Senator's terrified face as she realizes what's unfolding, and finally Superman sensing something is wrong but not being able to react quick enough because he's still riddled with guilt about the deaths he feels he's responsible of, because he refuses to face the crippled man face to face.

Hitchcock tension 101, bomb under the dining room table.
>>
File: FiredenMyHashShill-LMAO.png (106KB, 1018x614px) Image search: [Google]
FiredenMyHashShill-LMAO.png
106KB, 1018x614px
>>84982021
She's so fucking cute
>>
File: 1499959414391[2].png (192KB, 711x633px) Image search: [Google]
1499959414391[2].png
192KB, 711x633px
>>84982400
fuck you and your hash
>>
File: 1458801778106.png (224KB, 704x361px) Image search: [Google]
1458801778106.png
224KB, 704x361px
>>84982394

(4/19)

The film thrives on these types of associations, like the red Jolly Rancher pushed into the senator's mouth - "it's cherry" - coming back as the blood dripped onto Zod's face, the red graffiti on Superman's monument, and his slashed cheek, not to mention the nods to internet culture and memes (4U CIA).

To explain the reference to internet culture, have a look at the teaser scene.

The banepost was intentional. Also that whole JL teaser scene is made that way to feel as if Bats, Diana, and Lex are sharing memes with one another. Post-credit scenes are basically packaged to be shared virally after all. The critique and frustration signal that those teases emotionally did their job, while also literally providing a deconstruction of those kinds of teases in general:

Half assed teases forced into the movie at the end of production. How is this not literally all post-credit scenes that have been placed literally at the end of the movies?

We had already noted a lot of the hypocrisy of the reviews of BvS, but now the shit thrown at BvS are not actually faults of the movie specifically but of our own preconceptions of comicbook superhero movies.

All the reviews read as such:
"Not what i wanted it to be."
"I didn't catch all the logistics, fault the movie for not picking up on it."
"The fact that i'm asking questions about the movie is somehow a fault of the movie."
“The precise internal mechanics of the movie and their connection with my perception of the movie in relation to the story escaped me."
"The movie presents an idea that is not only valid with the movie universe but in real life as well."
>>
>>84982429

(5/19)

The main complaint was that the teaser scene breaks continuity, it's spliced right after Superman flies off to Gotham to face Batman. Snyder basically said, "I don't care, I'm going to put this scene in the place where most people will get annoyed by it, because everyone paid just to watch Batman and Superman fight," in itself proving that these scenes are manipulative corporate garbage.

Also note how the film’s title actually alludes to the legal title of lawsuits: Plaintiff v Defendant.

It's precisely this uncomfortable reevaluation and redemption of sugary pop imagery that drives the film. "Snyder intends to resolve the conflict between commerce and art," as Armond White notes. The basic thesis is that Superhero franchises are antithetical to what Superman actually stands for.

As Umberto Eco noted in his essay, The Myth of Superman: “The hero equipped with powers superior to those of the common man has been a constant of the popular imagination - from Hercules to Siegfried from Roland to Pantagruel, all the way to Peter Pan.
Often the hero’s virtue is humanized, and his powers, rather than being supernatural, are the extreme realization of natural endowments such as astuteness, swiftness, fighting ability, or even logical faculties and the pure spirit of observation found in Sherlock Holmes.
In an industrial society, however, where man becomes a number in the realm of the organization which has usurped his decision-making role, he has no means of production and is thus deprived of his power to decide. (...)
In such society the positive hero must embody to an unthinkable degree the power demands the average citizen nurtures but cannot satisfy.”
>>
File: 1459042484652.jpg (73KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1459042484652.jpg
73KB, 1000x600px
>>84982481

(6/19)

The fact that not a single character behaved the way fanboys expected just proves the point that all this was intentional (for instance, Alfred isn't a butler and Lois isn't a typical lady in distress). "I'm not a lady, I'm a journalist," she proclaims, as she boldly challenges the men around her. Remember how she ambushes the Secretary of Defense, Swanwick, while he's in the men's bathroom.

Note that the film’s drive isn’t just what’s going on superficially, because buried underneath every action and event there’s subtext and subconscious meanings to be found.

Every scene can be analyzed in such manner. For example, the opening sequence. This scene deals with Bruce's mentality, remember the opening monologue.

“There was a time above, a time before. There were perfect things, diamond absolute. But things fall, and what falls remains fallen.”

The theme of this scene is his fall from grace, everything from the falling shells, his parents dropping dead, the pearl slipping from Martha's hand to the gutter, and into Bruce's dream. Hell even the piano melody has a descending motif, and the funeral takes place in Fall.

'Martha' is set up in the opening scene with a Citizen Kane homage that establishes the word as Bruce Wayne's 'Rosebud'. But, as it's actually spoken by the father character, you get a complex series of associations where Bruce suddenly sees Superman as a father figure, who then - when Lois intervenes - morphs into a reflection of himself. You also have this strange fear of motherhood with Bruce as he dreams that Martha Wayne returns from the dead as a monstrous bat (that metaphorically gives birth to Batman), but then he resolves himself to saving Martha Kent - who was, of course, labeled a 'witch' for (again metaphorically) giving birth to Superman.
>>
>>84982387
I agree. The world is personified through the women in his life, Martha Kent and Lois Lane. Without them, he has no connection to Earth. It's their love that reminds him of the inherent goodness of mankind. Just like Martha showed Jon.

>Did the nightmares ever stop?
>Yeah. When I met your mother. She gave me faith that there's good in this world. She was my world. I miss you, Son.

>This is my world. YOU, are my world.
>>
File: 1459917327014.jpg (137KB, 1052x789px) Image search: [Google]
1459917327014.jpg
137KB, 1052x789px
>>84982517

(7/12)

You have this shift from Batman falling into despair because 'he let his parents die' to turning that into a positive condition ("I failed him in life, I will not fail him in death").

The bat-symbol is fantastically reinterpreted to stand for a child being pulled from the darkness, from the perspective of someone still in it. (Of course, in the Nolan film this shot is referring to, it was Bruce's father who pulled him out. Snyder replaces the literal father with an ambivalent light, and has Bruce pushed up from beneath).

“In the dream, they took me into the light, a beautiful lie.”

He specifically says that the dream was a beautiful lie because this dream represents the birth of Batman, the bats lifting him show that he found some hope in this bat image, but later became disenchanted after 20 years of fighting crime, that's the beautiful lie he's talking about. At this point in time, he believes that being Batman didn't amount to anything of value.

“You know you can't win this. It's suicide.”

“I'm older now than my father ever was. This may be the only thing I do that matters.”

“Twenty years of fighting criminals amounts to nothing?”

“Criminals are like weeds, Alfred. Pull one out, another grows in its place. This is about the future of the world, my legacy. You know, my father sat me down right here, and told me what Wayne Manor was built on.”

“Railroads, real estates, and oil.”

“First generation made their fortune trading with the French: pelts, skins. They were hunters.”
Hunters, there’s the inescapable allusion to Moby Dick, first mentioned by Luthor, both referring to the Kryptonite and to Superman himself.
>>
>>84978691
I thought Reddit fags hated bvs
>>
>>84982021
that shout/gasp/inhale is lewd
>>
File: BvS hole shape whale.jpg (43KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
BvS hole shape whale.jpg
43KB, 1600x900px
>>84982559

(8/12)

“Among the fishes, a whale!” Lex Luthor exclaims, as he handles a blue ball as if the whole world was at his command. There’s also a brief shot of a hole in the wall during the brutal fight scene between the two namesakes of the movie. We can compare Bruce’s hunter thirst for revenge and rage to Ahab.

Also, during the Capitol explosion, there's a picture of his father behind him, as he witnesses the horrors that this god has brought upon the world, so he immediately decides to steal the Kryptonite because he feels the weight of his legacy and that he should take matters into his own hands.

The Metropolis scene expands this idea of Bruce's fall from grace by showing how he lost his way (he steps into a smoke cloud and becomes disoriented, he walks past a horse walking aimlessly, hammering us with this idea of losing our way). This scene basically shows how he started hating Superman, when a cross-shaped beam (representing Gods being a danger for men) almost kills the little girl. Then he finds out she's an orphan too, so he projects himself in her, and stares at Superman with hate, basically blaming him for his parents' death which we still have fresh in our minds.

The last shot reveals Bruce’s company logo torn apart beside him, his ideals and optimism have been shattered by a world that has become too big to save.

Also the whole speech at Wayne Manor reveals that he feels that he isn't living up to his parents' legacy, and that he owes them, because he hasn't accomplished anything of value by being Batman for 20 years.
>>
>>84982582

How'd you get that idea?
>>
>>84982078
>Marvelbot accidentally loads the wrong reply
KEK
>>
>>84982616
>>84982559
>>84982517
>>84982481
>>84982429
>>84982394
>>84982349
>>84982309
>6/19
>7/12
did you get paid less halfway through posting?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170616-224832.jpg (1MB, 1429x2156px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170616-224832.jpg
1MB, 1429x2156px
>>84982517
"Subvert audience expectations"

Zack on making these films. I think he hates nothing more than making a by-the-numbers-film where the audience is treated like children screaming for candy.
>>
>>84982582
They did initially, but you can expect a counter-culture forming in regards to the masterpiece that is BvS.
>>
File: Thats-How-We-All-Feel.png (540KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
Thats-How-We-All-Feel.png
540KB, 1200x750px
>>84982616

(9/12)

Another important symbol used throughout the movie is the horse.
One theme that hasn't been discussed enough though, is the importance of the horse and the carriage.
As it was already mentioned, the first time it appears is when Bruce dives into the smoke cloud, and he sees a horse wandering aimlessly, symbolizing Bruce losing his way.
Next comes Lex's speech about the red capes, an allusion to Paul Revere warning the citizens that the redcoats were about to attack.
“One if by land, two if by air.” (he imitates the horses' galloping sound with his fingers)
So to Lex, the horses represent a threat to humanity (when in reality they symbolize cooperation and fraternity).
The next time we see the horses is during the Capitol explosion, after it happens a horse in the entrance is startled and stands on its hind legs, announcing the start of a conflict. It's during this scene that Bruce decides that Superman has become an immediate threat to humanity so its time to take measures.
The drowning horses in Jonathan Kent's story symbolize that even with good intentions harm may come to the ones we love. Supes is still coping with the guilt of the deaths from the world engine incident, and his father teaches him that the best way of dealing with the guilt is searching for the love of his kindred.
Next, Superman thrusts the spear in the same way a knight would do so charging while riding a horse with a lance, and he sacrifices himself (yes, we know you're all tired of being hammered with Christ figures, but it's impossible to tell the story of one without referencing the other).
Finally, in the funeral scene, two white horses walk side by side pulling Superman's casket, symbolizing that finally humanity is striving for cooperation. Also, five jets fly above the casket in a V formation (the Missing Man Formation), and one breaks formation and flies offscreen
>>
File: 1459123748854.jpg (54KB, 1526x753px) Image search: [Google]
1459123748854.jpg
54KB, 1526x753px
>>84982682

(10/19)

Another scene worth mentioning because of its buried subtext is the tub scene between Clark and Lois, which gives us an idea of their character development.

Baptism is implied in the scene, but in this moment in time they aren't being truly honest with each other. Note how when Clark arrives Lois rushes to hide the diary's bullet. Still this scene shows intimacy because Clark removes his glasses (sex is also implied by comparing an orgasm with the water splashing onto Clark’s glasses), and promises her faithfulness by giving her a rose (which is juxtaposed with Bruce bringing flowers to his mother's grave).

Still they aren't cleansed yet because they are riddled with doubt about their relationship.
“I don't know if it's possible (...)for you to love me and be you”.

Later, at the workplace Perry White proclaims within earshot distance of both, “End of love affair with man in the sky? There’s a cut to Lois giving a glance at Clark's direction, both still having doubts.

Finally, Clark keeps that promise when he hears her drowning and rushes to save her, even when the fate of the world is at peril. Still, if he hadn't rushed in to save her, he wouldn't have been able to retrieve the spear, the only thing capable of destroying evil. So the baptism is truly performed then.

He smiles at her and says: “This is my world. YOU are my world.” He fulfills his promise and stays true to her, remaining by her side and protecting her from everything. Lois tries to stop him, fully understanding what he's about to do, regretting ever having doubted him.

Notice how Lex is performing blood sacrifices in a pagan temple. And he finally summons a sacrilegious deity (Steppenwolf/Baphomet). Note how being submerged in water implies baptism. He's being baptized alright, but in murky impure water.
>>
>>84982649
Kek, these fucks are so pathetic
>>
File: 1459274134895.jpg (279KB, 1372x1221px) Image search: [Google]
1459274134895.jpg
279KB, 1372x1221px
>>84982718

(11/19)

As already mentioned, the objective of the film is to prove that Superman isn't an all-powerful god. Lex succeeds, Batman and the world finally see his humanity and vulnerable side.

Demons come from the sky: Superman flies to the top of Lex's tower to face the demon. Think about Superman's monument, it's reaching down on people from above. This causes people to fear and hate him, an all-powerful god can become a tyrant after all (this is foreshadowed on Bruce's nightmare and by Flash).

After his sacrifice to humanity, people start seeing him in a different light. He's not supposed to be adored, he's supposed to inspire people. The monument destroyed by Doomsday (remember him smashing the pillar with the names of the people he failed to save on his head?) is replaced by a simple plate at ground level that reads: If you seek my monument look around you. Final scene: dirt rising from the ground, mirroring the opening sequence of little Bruce being lifted by bats.
Batman's faith in moral absolutes is restored too.

"Men are still good. We fight, we kill, we betray one another. But we can rebuild, we can do better. We will, we have to."

A common mistake is assuming that Snyder wants to portray Superman as a God with the religious imagery.

Instead, he uses it to portray how people around him see him, not what the real Superman is really like. The scene of the flood and the fire rescue gain more weight when you think about troubled Clark knowing that people regard him as a deity, and this is a central theme to consider in order to understand his inner struggle, and the huge burden that his powers entail.
>>
File: 1482992953325.png (67KB, 1120x977px) Image search: [Google]
1482992953325.png
67KB, 1120x977px
>oh shit, i have no argument so im going to filibuster this thread with walls of text and claim victory over those meany marvel shills
>>
File: motherfucker.jpg (59KB, 455x501px) Image search: [Google]
motherfucker.jpg
59KB, 455x501px
>>84978384
Every time I see one of these threads I hear the guitar part of Zimmer's Day of The Dead.
>>
File: IMG_0511.jpg (72KB, 1023x461px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0511.jpg
72KB, 1023x461px
>>84981915
And it doesn't hurt that she's smoking hot, either.
>>
>>84982779
DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>84982787
she have a name?
>>
File: 1490744135916.gif (2MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1490744135916.gif
2MB, 300x225px
>>84982021
What's the problem? Surely you aren't implying a demigod need be restricted by physics. Looks fine to me.
>>
>>84978384
Zack Snyder is everything numale and SJW critics despise: He is a strong-jawed, masculine specimen of a man who also has artisitic talent, vision and high intelligence. He is the SJW's worst nightmare, since they've convinced themselves that no man with muscule ass and actual sex appeal could possibly have a brain in their heads (because whenever that is true, it means weak-bodied numales truly have nothing to offer anyone, especially a women, not when men far superior walk the Earth.)

The DCEU is already leaps and bound better than Dismarv's bland capeshit universe. It's not too late for the DC studio to realize they actually do have a good thing, and to stop listening to cuck critics. The DCEU doesn't need more femmypeeny "lightheartedness," quips and social justice commentary. That's half of what's wrong with Dismarvs garbage. Zack was right to ground the DC property in something more gritty and serious and not laced with estrogen and femmypeenies.
>>
>>84982878
m8, you are generalising people way too much.
>>
>>84981209
>>84981254

Yeah, agreed in general.

I really think the film could very easily been better but for some shall we say "interesting" choices.

And for what it's worth, I quite like Affleck's Batman.
>>
File: 1488213849598.jpg (244KB, 1065x1233px) Image search: [Google]
1488213849598.jpg
244KB, 1065x1233px
>>84982878
He's a Trump Chump Fascist.
>>
>>84981630
That was a new one for me, too. The detail really is pretty much bottomless. I'd fault them for not writing up full articles for the quick shots at the newspapers throughout the film, but I just don't have the heart.
>>
>>84982914
No I'm being more honest about the way people actually think than you've clearly ever been with yourself.
>>
File: 611235.jpg (56KB, 749x736px) Image search: [Google]
611235.jpg
56KB, 749x736px
I'm in love with a man
>>
Is it a meme to pretend these horrible movies are good?
>>
>>84982991
absolutely. reddit meme to boot
>>
>>84982582
Who else do you think is spamming these threads and then getting upset when you point out aquaman is a shitskin?
>>
>>84982991
>>84983012
Is that why the Avengers was liked? Thanks for explaining
>>
File: bats.gif (884KB, 720x298px) Image search: [Google]
bats.gif
884KB, 720x298px
>JL trailer soon
>>
File: ham_woman.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ham_woman.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
>>84982021
>"imma just like wonder wummun!"

What do fat feminists mean by this? Why can't they get it through their fat heads that they are the absolute antithesis of what WW is and represents?
>>
>>84982961
>no, you inherently hate Snyder's work and think he is shit because he is an apha male.

The guy has a background in art, and is a painter. He will undoubtedly make a better movie than the directors that marvel hire because they want to make a big budget 2 hour TV episode.

As far as Cape movies go, BvS and MoS are a cut above the rest because they actually respect the source of Comic books from which they originate. Every major set piece is filled with little details, Like Jimmy Olsen working for Argus, or Batman's dream actually taking place.

That doesn't necessarily reflect anything about my political or personal views on the world or what the president is doing or where society is headed.
>>
>>84983064
I am so excited for that, honestly. I'm seeing Dunkirk in 70mm, the old JL trailer is attached to that. Mondo hype.
>>
>>84983090
>Batman's dream actually taking place.

I thought that was just a dream... this is why people say this shit is confusing the whole thing is a mess
>>
>>84982282
The word you're searching for is "cuckoldry" but I doubt you've run across it out on BLACKED.com.
>>
>>84982021
damn glad i took a shit during this scene otherwise I'd start laughing
>>
>>84983130
are you really such an intellectual baby that you have to throw a hissyfit on /tv/ because you didn't get a plot point
>>
File: BvS Horses.jpg (916KB, 2409x4000px) Image search: [Google]
BvS Horses.jpg
916KB, 2409x4000px
This use of religious imagery remains consistent since Man of Steel. Whenever the religious imagery appears, it should be interpreted from Clark's point of view.. A lot of his internal struggle is caused by the fact that he knows he shouldn't be seen as a deity..
The scene where he talks with the priest is a perfect example of this.

The priest calmly tries talks to him like he would anyone looking to confess, even if the whole world's fate is at stake and might depend on what he says to Clark. Yet it's clear by his face how awed, and how this is beyond him.
People often forget that this version of Superman is simply a man, and claim that Snyder doesn’t understand the character. At this point in his arc, Superman is merely a boy trying to find his place in the world. How his fight with Batman escalated in violence is often criticized.

The point is that they're still "MMM BOYS" “(...) with no natural inclination to share.” Only when the maternal figures of Lois and Diana intervene, they learn to cooperate. “Boys share too.”

He's flawed, and this time it's personal, his priority is to save his mother.

He sees that Batman isn't willing to listen, plus gets angry after he’s attacked with the high-pitched emitter and minigun (he does show pain, he bends down with the sound and visibly covers himself from the gun).

So now think of his frame of mind, he doesn't have much time, and this guy is being a dick, so it's probably the best thing to rough him up a little and then talk to him.

“Not everyone stays good in this world, Lois.”
“If I wanted it you'd be dead already.”

(12/19)
>>
>>84983130
You know the part where flash tells him to find and assemble the Justice league actually happens right?
>>
>>84982991
Yes. The people in this thread are operating under 8 layers of irony. It's shitting on a movie at it's finest
>>
File: 1482441177168.jpg (29KB, 493x316px) Image search: [Google]
1482441177168.jpg
29KB, 493x316px
>>84983177
>The point is that they're still "MMM BOYS" “(...) with no natural inclination to share.” Only when the maternal figures of Lois and Diana intervene, they learn to cooperate. “Boys share too.”
>>
File: 1460075027038.jpg (40KB, 317x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460075027038.jpg
40KB, 317x500px
>>84983177

here’s no denying that Clark’s internal ponderings are Nietzschean in nature.

The word "Superman" entered the English language through translations of German idealist philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche's work.
Nietzsche is famous for declaring that "God is dead...and we have killed him." This is considered to be a "deep" concept because what separates primitive man from civilized man is the insistence that only propositions which can be proven be given ultimate weight, e.g., the church and state must be separated, evidence based propositions elevated above superstitions, etc.

The very foundation of modern existence, the advanced machinery, the special effects required to produce a movie like BvS, spring forth from man's willingness to "kill God" by discarding a savage belief in the supernatural and cracking open the secrets of the universe and becoming a god himself.

Most Superman stories are just him as a superhero doing badass stuff, maybe sometimes getting thwarted or in peril, in short, being a typical comic book character.

BvS took Superman, the comic book character back to the roots of his name, and to the fundamental contradictions of human experience, by having "God" (Superman) fight to the death against "Man" (Batman + Lex's Frankenstein monster, which has already been mentioned is the hatred, fear, and guilt inside Man).

(14/19)
>>
File: 456746998.gif (1MB, 338x300px) Image search: [Google]
456746998.gif
1MB, 338x300px
>>84982400
>that shit stain
>>
CLAIMED
>>
>>84983090
>The guy has a background in art, and is a painter.

He does have a background in art, studied art history as far as I'm aware, but he doesn't paint himself, as far as I know.

His movies have a very painterly sensiblity in their staging but unlike Lynch or Greenaway or Kurosawa I can't find anything he himself actually painted
>>
File: Literallyvideogametier.webm (3MB, 940x390px) Image search: [Google]
Literallyvideogametier.webm
3MB, 940x390px
>DCucks will actually defend this
>>
>>84980858
Are comic retards to stupid to see the subtly and care Snyder put into his films and characters?
>>
>>84982777
What more argument do you need, fuckstick? We've already pointed out more care, cohesion, attention to detail, faithfulness to the comics lore, and sheer artistry than he MCU has been able to shit out in better than a dozen movies.

Enjoy your Asgardiums. We'll take our actual gods, just like Kirby intended.
>>
>>84983213

For closure, here's an interesting analysis of Lex's character, one of the villains in recent memory worthy of being psychologically analyzed to uncover modern society’s failures and triumphs.

He represents the craven millennium, a cynical version of Mark Zuckerberg, even his office has a basketball court to remind us of Google, Apple, or Facebook’s headquarters; he’s also a faithful representation of a 4chan user (/fa/+/b/+/r9k/+/lit/+/pol/), which makes things even more uncomfortable.

People asking why he made Doomsday, think about the creation scenes -- how he cries when examining Zod. The Greek Icarus flew too close to the sun and fell, Zod and the other Kryptonians came across the universe simply to restore their people. Yet Superman struck them down, in Lex's eyes, to cement his status as a god. He gives the genesis chamber his own DNA and weeps viewing the lethal results of Superman's righteousness. "If God is all-good, then he cannot be all-powerful" Lex manically laments as he remembers the abuses of his father. So if the super man's intentions for humanity are so supremely pure that he would act as destroyer for his own race, then there is no way he will never live up to them.

(17/19)
>>
>>84983247
sorry, my bad.
Still, its good that he uses his arts education for something good with cinema.
>>
>>84982777
It's just your fellow /v/edditors. It's the perfect confluence of stereotypical nerdy plebshit, it's the average /v/ poster, relatively new to the site, who goes to all the big boards on the site and shits them all up equally with his narrow knowledge and experience with various artistic mediums. He knows mainstream video games, he knows mainstream anime, he knows mainstream cartoons (especially those from the 90s and early 00s), and he knows only the biggest comic book characters. And he feels marginalized by society because of how much of a shut in he is, so he'll have the most shallow /pol/ opinions and tastes. He'll prattle on endlessly about cucks and interracial porn, but he isn't informed or even cares about international political issues and happenings. It's just a slight veneer of racism and misogyny and the rejection of anything that could be considered "degenerate."

And the cross poster signals all of this to his other cross posters with the word "kino." It's like those hobo chalk signs. You slap it on a thread so other cross posters know it's safe to come out of the woodwork.
>>
File: 1460075212732.jpg (63KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
1460075212732.jpg
63KB, 770x433px
>>84983280
>>
>>84978691
>ava duvernay, jordan peele
jesus fucking christ
>>
>>84981392
Me too man, me too
>>
File: 1499577321373.png (25KB, 669x514px) Image search: [Google]
1499577321373.png
25KB, 669x514px
>>84983252
>posting all my favorite scenes
>>
>>84981697
>fallate
Learn to fucking spell, you illiterate fuckstick. At least the camwhores will be able to delude themselves into believing you're a man of some culture.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUZGJUh8OUU

how did lois know who clark was talking about? he just says he has to go convince him, but doesnt say who
>>
>>84983551
She saw the giant bat light shining in the sky.
>>
File: IMG_0296.jpg (35KB, 344x322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0296.jpg
35KB, 344x322px
>>84982981
The Romans had a word for what you're experiencing. They called it "virtus."
>>
>>84979655
He says Martha... Kent.
Watch the scene carefully.
"You're letting him kill Martha..."
Batman hesitates, his boots grip on Superman's neck tightens
"... K-kennnnt..."
Batman and most of audience just hear Clark make some guttural sound, but he's trying to say Kent.

Batman doesn't spare Superman because their mothers have the same name. It's because this entire time he's been projecting himself onto Superman, but now he realizes in this situation Superman is more like his father and Batman is the man emerging from the shadows with a weapon to hunt him down. He can't go through killing an innocent person.
>>
File: IMG_0512.jpg (120KB, 930x620px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0512.jpg
120KB, 930x620px
>>84982850
Christina Wren.
>>
>>84983826
she seems like the girl next door kind of cute.
>>
>>84983591
ok, that makes sense i guess. It was still stupid of her to go there though and not necessary at all
>>
>>84983847
Her husbando is about to do something shitty. If she can stop it she will try.
>>
>>84983847

She went to Africa to interview a warlord. It's what she does.
>>
File: IMG_8794.png (330KB, 539x466px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8794.png
330KB, 539x466px
>>84982204
Absolutely Ideological my DChad brother
>>
File: 1477612863731.png (71KB, 592x492px) Image search: [Google]
1477612863731.png
71KB, 592x492px
>obese, basement dwelling autistic neckbeards calling each other "chads"

My sides always take a pounding
>>
>>84982777
>DChads provide substantive analysis in defense of their films, drawing connection from millennia of pop culture, historic events, literature, mythology and philosophy
>MCUcks only retort with memes and insulting quips
>just like the movies, life reflects art
>>
>>84984029
>this 130 lb ''man'' making fun of anyone
hahahaha
>>
>>84984068

KEK

DChads are smarter
>>
>>84981950
all mil woman are roasties, don't believe me just ask a veteran
>>
Cancer: The Thread
>>
File: Christina.jpg (100KB, 842x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Christina.jpg
100KB, 842x1024px
>>84983841
That's what makes it so fucking hot.

https://youtu.be/1aQldvK3Y1A
>>
File: Kilgore.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Kilgore.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>84984068
Goddamn it feels good to be a DChad.

Feels like . . . victory.
>>
>>84984818
Its "smells" like victory faggot
>>
>>84985132
I know what it is. It's called "paraphrasing."
>>
File: IMG_9285.jpg (59KB, 700x378px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9285.jpg
59KB, 700x378px
>>84983252
Marlets still defend this
>>
>>84980127
Watchmen is capekino essential. Remember to watch the Ultimate edition (it's literally 3,5 hours)
>>
>>84980389
I didn't like the camera jitter in MoS. Luckily in BvS it is not that excessive.

>>84980698
It is also a heavy reference to comic "The Death of Superman" from 1992. In the comic, Superman dies while defeating Doomsday.

>>84980858
This is fucking amazing
>>
File: Zod - Doomsday.jpg (33KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
Zod - Doomsday.jpg
33KB, 600x300px
>>84986097
>The Death of Superman

I really like the way they tweaked Doomsday's origin in BvS. It connects him more firmly with Clark and there's always the chance that based Zod is still rattling around somewhere in that massive cranium.

That shot of him, the statue, and Clark is going to be with me forever.
>>
>>84978384
unironically, they are great movies. Really love the visuals\stills as well. Real inspiring stuff
>>
>>84981686
>Catholics must hate Jesus because they always draw him dying.
>>
File: 1499014925220.png (433KB, 720x877px) Image search: [Google]
1499014925220.png
433KB, 720x877px
>>84978807
some of the nightmares were actually the future shown by flash, like in the comics everytime he goes to the past something changes like a ripple in time, and we see batman seeing I believe darkseids(?) future world
>>
File: Bat thumb.jpg (20KB, 552x376px) Image search: [Google]
Bat thumb.jpg
20KB, 552x376px
>>84981392
Can't wait for JL discussion
>>
File: Batmax.jpg (142KB, 715x402px) Image search: [Google]
Batmax.jpg
142KB, 715x402px
>>84986649
That's what I think, too. Bruce saw a glimpse of his own future death in the timeline that Barry traveled back from.

Also, I think they gave us a wonderfully subtle hint that Barry's not able to physically travel back. The best that they can do is open up a pinhole to the past and "thoughtwave" through it using leftover Kryptonian tech like Zod used on Clark. That's why we see Bruce wake up twice, once from his dream, again from Barry actually establishing a link with him.

I also don't think Barry's able to open up a portal on his own. He likely needs an additional power source to do it. something extremely potent and exotic.

Did you get it? The rock?
>>
>>84978384
it's jsut schlock
why do you people desperately try to prove that ZACK SNYDER is a top tier artist
>>
>>84978422
I don't BvS but I will never argue the art direction isn't phenomenal. The costumes in Man of Steel look so fucking good holy shit.
>>
File: 1499559392100.jpg (65KB, 750x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499559392100.jpg
65KB, 750x480px
>>84980543
>>
Fuck it, DCbros!
You've made me start watching it for the 5th time!
>>
>>84978384
capeshit garbage
>>
>>84987384
You need to up your kino game; way ahead of you bro
>>
File: 1489452702982.jpg (4MB, 9600x4000px) Image search: [Google]
1489452702982.jpg
4MB, 9600x4000px
>>84987384
i think i've seen BvS 10-15 times
>>
File: Untitled.png (609KB, 560x556px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
609KB, 560x556px
>>84987128
>>
>>84981513
http://dccomicsextendeduniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Comics
I didn't know about these comics. They take place in the same universe as movies, right? Are they good?
>>
>>84988045
they do take place in the same universe, but they're not good
>>
File: IMG_9314.gif (463KB, 245x157px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9314.gif
463KB, 245x157px
>>84987384
I watch MoS/BvS AT LEAST twice a day.
>>
>>84987976
Snyder is teasing us with that flag isn't he? I wonder who he would cast George Washington.
>>
>>84978384
The films are shit dinners for social outcasts and retards.
>>
File: 1497263062794.jpg (956KB, 3832x2388px) Image search: [Google]
1497263062794.jpg
956KB, 3832x2388px
>>
File: IMG_20161010_115258.jpg (220KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161010_115258.jpg
220KB, 2048x1365px
>>84986835
when the flash shown up you get hear yelling in the distance of his portal, I doubt it flash, I'm assuming he did it as a last resort to send batman a warning during I'm guessing like a days of future past battle
>>
>>84988748
I really love the autistic sperg vibe he has.
He tries being all smooth but you can tell he is putting on an act.
>>
>>84978540
>Even if he's a heel for a good portion of the movie
What do you mean? He's going to turn evil? I haven't followed any leaks
>>
>>84979910
>>84982014

No. Lois runs in and says "Martha is his mother's name"
>>
File: kingdome come superman.png (984KB, 1013x667px) Image search: [Google]
kingdome come superman.png
984KB, 1013x667px
>>84988839
Henri Cavill posted a black/grey image of a fragment of Superman's suit. It might have been an "artsy" b&w photo, but might as well have implied that Supes' JL suit is black/grey.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJI-eYSgRR8/

In the early 90s, after Superman's death th the hands of Doomsday, he wore a black and silver suit after ressurection.

2003 cartoon "Justice League" had a black suit Superman as a member of an evil, alternate-universe Justice League.

Iconic Kingdom Come comic has Superman in suit with elements of black. He was kind of anti-hero in this graphic novel.

Overman (a literal Nazi), part of the “Multiversity” storyline (2015) had black and grey suit.
>>
Does anyone have that image of "40 seconds to activation" mirroring the museum scene?
>>
File: 1499543026328.jpg (848KB, 1092x1568px) Image search: [Google]
1499543026328.jpg
848KB, 1092x1568px
>>84989323
>>
>>84989317
We've seen behind the scenes Justice League footage where Henry Cavill is wearing his standard red and blue suit. Of course it could be Warner Brothers trying to throw us off.
>>
>>84989422
Legit poetry tb h
>>
File: IMG_8729.png (3MB, 1600x1384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8729.png
3MB, 1600x1384px
>over 300 posts
Feels good
>>
File: Justice_Lords.png (102KB, 328x250px) Image search: [Google]
Justice_Lords.png
102KB, 328x250px
>>84989317
>2003 cartoon "Justice League" had a black suit Superman as a member of an evil, alternate-universe Justice League.
The white cape is aesthetic as hell
>>
>>84989422
DUDE BLUE AND ORANGE LMAO
>>
>>84989443
It can be also final stages of the movie, when Superman regained his goodnes

>first his literal resurrection; going back to life
>then his resurrection as a hero; going back to being a beacon of hope and humanity greatest hero
Two resurrections, a literal double Jesus
>>
>>84982309
>>84982349
>>84982394
>>84982429
>>84982481
>>84982517
>>84982559
>>84982616
>>84982682
>>84982718
>>84982748
Thanks, based bro. Worthwhile reading.
>>
>>84984160
d-delete this
>>
>>84985627
why is peter friends with a mexican mom
>>
Honestly these threads prove there are some scholar powerhouses lurking this godforsaken board. I've underestimated /tv/ despite being here for near a decade.
>>
>>84978709
>We had a scene that we cut from the movie where he tries to look for her when he finds out that Lex has got her. It was a slightly dark scene that we cut out because it sort of represented this dark side. Because when he was looking for his mom he heard all the cries of all the potential crimes going on in the city, you know when you look.
>I kind of like the idea that he’s taught himself not to look because if he looks it’s just neverending, right? You have to know when, as Superman, when to intervene and when not to. Or not when not to, you can’t be everywhere at once, literally you can’t be everywhere at once, so he has to be really selective in a weird way about where he chooses to interfere

Also Snyder talked about a scene where factory workers are freaking out because of a fire but are told to calm down cause Superman is going to show up anyway, the world now getting used to him intervening, becoming a crutch to humanity.
>>
>>84987384
>>84987916

I am legit watching it tomorrow once I'm back from Apekino.
>>
>>84988045
>>84988081

Yeah, they're OK for the plot points, but that's about it. The only one I really recommend is the MoS prequel, because it's the only one that has yet to be addressed in-movie anywhere beyond Clark seeing the empty pod.

I really, really want that comic to remain canon.
>>
>>84988341
Who would be your pick?
>>
Are bvs/mos threads = to lotr threads in terms of comfy? I'm begining to think so...
>>
File: 1499557785102.jpg (137KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1499557785102.jpg
137KB, 750x750px
Batman taped a Joker card on his gun in Knightmare. What did he mean by this?
>>
>>84990221
Sometimes. This has been an exceptionally good thread. But most days we have our dear marvel drones replying madly at everything saying it's too far-fetched or "too pretentious". LOTR doesn't really suffer from that corporate rivalry and can prosper on its own as nobody with a heart can hate LOTR.
>>
>>84990032

Fucking Warner from cutting these scenes. Specially the factory one.
>>
>>84988786
I envision it being sort of a one-off thing, like it's something he can't repeat. Something like this:

The remainder of the League set up the rendezvous at the Batcave as a feint. Bruce goes in knowing that there was no kryptonite, but it served as the distraction to let Barry steal it from wherever it really was. They use it to power up some rendition of Zod's dream machine and a device that Bruce, Wally, and Vic cobbled together that's sort of reminiscent of the old cosmic treadmill. Barry's Speed Force and the Kryptonite open a pinhole to the past, but it's imprecise and they only get that one shot. While Arthur, Vic, and Diana hold off Clark and the parademons, Barry makes contact before they're overwhelmed.
>>
File: 1500097886210.jpg (189KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500097886210.jpg
189KB, 1080x1080px
>>84990032
Imagine the fanboy salt if there was a scene of Superman ignoring the screaming of victims because there are so many of them.
>>
File: Lex1.jpg (536KB, 2460x1637px) Image search: [Google]
Lex1.jpg
536KB, 2460x1637px
>>84988806
I love the shit out of it. After I finally realized that he'd been struggling not to crack beneath the weight of the Kryptonian database's infodump for pretty much the entirety of the film, I loved it even more.

Unlike Spacey's Lex who blithely tells the Fortress, "Tell me everything. Start with crystals," then walks around like nothing had changed about him after being exposed to all the mind-blowing knowledge of a hyper-advanced civilization, Eisenberg's Lex is visibly processing.
>>
>>84988978
You're right, she does, but the only person *she* ever hears saying "Martha" is Bruce.
>>
>>84990324

Oh god, just imagine if someone was forcing a Harry Potter vs. Lord of the Rings rivalry as hard as people are forcing the Marvel vs. DC rivalry. Having a LotR thread and some random douche coming in going "Why didn't they use the eagles to drop the ring into the volcano? Imagine if they could have just summoned a bunch of eagles to destroy all the horcruxes in HP! LotRetards literally on suicide watch!"

Wouldn't that get old incredibly quick?
>>
File: 1463857780140.jpg (437KB, 1024x1494px) Image search: [Google]
1463857780140.jpg
437KB, 1024x1494px
>>84988978
That's my point though. Bruce is hollering like a madman about MARTHA, Lois doesn't know that both their mothers' share the same name. If Clark really did say Martha, why would he refer to her as "my mother" after the fact? Shouldn't he say something more along the lines of "Martha needs me" instead of "my mother needs me"?

>>84990032
I really wish we could see that scene one day. I like dark stuff like that.
>>
>>84988839
I think he's going to come back either brainwashed or possessed.

And I think we're going to get a trippy dreamscape/astral plane-style battle where Clark and Pa Kent fight off the invading entity. (Ohpleaseohpleaseohplease, based Lord of Kino).
>>
>>84990165
Kevin Durand. I think in Snyder's film the Founding Fathers would be larger than life. Durand is six and a half feet tall,he has a strong face and he has a masculine voice.
>>
File: Dr. Manhattan - Irrelevance.jpg (2MB, 3600x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Manhattan - Irrelevance.jpg
2MB, 3600x1643px
>>84990032
Damn it, that sounds so fucking good. I understand them cutting the search for his mom because that's legit dark stuff(though I'd have loved it), but that factory scene plays right into the theme of "Supernanny" being the wrong road for Clark to take. It provides a real contrast between him and Dr. Manhattan, who would never stop to question how crippling his mere existence might be to human accomplishment.
>>
>>84990301
Can a /k/ommando confirm for us that that means a confirmed kill of a valued target?
>>
Whedon will ruin it kek
>>
>>84990425
That's a genuinely horrifying thought to me: hearing all the people you'll never be in time to save.
>>
File: 1472157572553.jpg (71KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472157572553.jpg
71KB, 400x600px
>>84981392
Love you too bro
>>
>>84991016
That's a phenomenal pick. Let them tower over the other guys, even if you have to use camera angles to make it work.

I have to say I've never been a huge fan of Durand's acting, but he seems to be improving with age.
>>
File: Superbros.jpg (47KB, 592x592px) Image search: [Google]
Superbros.jpg
47KB, 592x592px
>>84981392
Back atcha, DCbro.
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.