[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he doomed to only ever be known as "that guy who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: blomkamp.jpg (235KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
blomkamp.jpg
235KB, 825x464px
Is he doomed to only ever be known as "that guy who did District 9"?
>>
Blomkamp suffers from 'this scifi story is an allegory for todays politics' disease. Each film more blatant and more cheap than the last
>>
What ever happened to district 10
>>
File: 3895183619_453e20fd87.jpg (75KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
3895183619_453e20fd87.jpg
75KB, 500x278px
>>84964714
FOOKIN'
>>
>>84964803
dickus
>>
>>84964714
Well all his other shit is exactly the same so yeah.
>>
I like the new shorts he is making through oats.
>>
>>84964714

Well, when you keep making the same film over and over - getting increasingly shitty with every iteration - then yeah.
>>
Chappie was ok. The use of Die Antewood was meta genius. If you think about their characters in the movie and the characters as music artists.

Elysium had a lot of flaws and I don't know how they got Jodie Foster to be a main character.

He knows how to make good looking cyberpunk action movies. He just doesn't need to write.
>>
>>84966594
/thread
>>
>>84964750
Only question in this thread that needs answering.
>>
>>84964750
He still wants to make it, but he has a lot of upcoming projects he wants to finish first, probably most of which are his short films with OATS studios
>>
>>84966594
I fucking loved Chappie. Felt like a severely demented Short Circuit which was one of my favorite movies as a kid.
>>
>>84964714

I think the biggest problem with Blomkamp isn't that District 9 was a fluke so much as it was his first real movie.

He had been toying with the idea and building up the story and how everything was going to fall into place for years.

It was a passion project and he had a lot to prove and did an amazing job. But after that he was expected to keep up the pace and just couldn't.
>>
>>84964750

He answered this in a reddit AMA a few days ago.

"ok, so with district 10 the basic answer is yes. I want to go back to that world and tell rest of the story with wikus and christopher. the issue right now is that I have many other projects and ideas that I also want to work on and complete..... and most importantly, the exact right REASON to make district 10 needs be very clear. the first film was based so explicitly on real themes and topics from south africa that effected me greatly growing up there, that we need to make sure the next film does not forget that."
>>
>>84964733
read more books
>>
>>84964750
The dude makes Youtube videos now. If his career continues on its current trajectory District 10 will be released as a series of Tweets.
>>
>>84964733
what's wrong with that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.