[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 19, should I watch the disney movies I never got to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: Mickey_Mouse.png (172KB, 363x537px) Image search: [Google]
Mickey_Mouse.png
172KB, 363x537px
I'm 19, should I watch the disney movies I never got to see as a kid or is it too late?
>>
We don't care, Billy.
>>
Winnie the Pooh is kino.

Everything else is garbage.
>>
Many of them are great and cornerstones of American culture.

inb4 jews blah blah evil
>>
>>84945499
You should. Some of those films are beautiful. A real testament to magic of Walt.
>>
Just go play kingdom hearts
>>
>>84945531
So lion King is trash?
>>
desu i'd suggest watching the ten or so big movies if you pretend to care about movies
>>
>>84945499
Do what you want,nobody is going to close your laptop if you chose to watch a streaming of Frozen or Moana
>>
>>84945565
unironically this
>>
>>84945604
yeah but I just wanna know if it's still as good if you haven't seen them as a kid. for example I love three caballeros because I've often seen it on vhs growing up even though it's just donald and brazilian donald dancing
>>
>>84945499
Pinocchio and The Jungle Book are absolute kino. No shame in building a playlist for your kids/nephews/nieces.
>>
>>84945499
Oldies like Snow White and Pinocchio are mandatory, just to see what a genius like Walt Disney could do. Made in the 30s and 40s these movies are absolutely beautiful.
>>
Watch all the Tron movies and the black hole.
>>
>>84945565
The Squeenix shit ruins it.
>>
If you at all consider yourself a fan of film, yes

If you want to just because they are popular, and you don't really give a shit about their artistic merit, I wouldn't bother.
>>
Sleeping Beauty is easily the best old Disney.

Bambi is also great.
>>
>>84945565
can't really play kingdom hearts if you're not a fan of disney in the first place tbqhwyf
>>
>>84945499
There are 10 or so great ones and the rest are take-or-leave tier.
But which 10 are the best will never be agreed upon by any two people so try a few for yourself
>>
make sure to download decent quality versions and fullscreen them
>>
>>84945499
Watch Dumbo and Alice In Wonderland.
Everything else is irrelevant.
>>
>>84945570
Lion King is /pol/.
>>
>>84947440
I would go further to say that if you are a fan of animation and children's storytelling, go ahead. but i cant say any disney film is true kino.
>>
my favorites are

Aristocats
The Lion King
Aladdin
Alice in Wonderland
Winnie the Poo
Pinocchio
>>
>>84945499
Does Pixar count? If so I recommend the Toy Story trilogy, The Incredibles, Up and Wall-E. Everything else sucks and I don't recommend.
>>
>>84948200
Honestly I would recommend everything up till Toystory 3. Even cars, which is as bad as early Pixar gets, has some merit
>>
>>84948200
With the exception of Toy Story 1, where they didn't have the formula worked out yet, Pixar feels like design-by-committee MCU capeshit. Old Disney shows actual personality.
>>
>>84945499
Not too late at all. There's some great Disney movies. Don't miss out
>>
>>84945499
No, it's not too late - you are still a kid.

And I vote for Tangled. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je4nDvNJXsg
>>
These are the must watch

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pinocchio
Fantasia
Dumbo
Bambi
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (The Legend of Sleepy Hollow segment is kino, great for Halloween)
Cinderella
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Lady and the Tramp
Sleeping Beauty

Anything else is shit or after Walt died and irrelevant corporate schlock created to make money and not to entertain or for the love of animation.
>>
>>84945570
Shakespeare ripoffs are always trash
>>
>>84950703
>calling The Sword in the Stone shit
>>
>>84945499
There's no point, anon. Back to your capeshit and vidya then.
>>
I thought the disney classics were mandatory for western movie fans, it's animation history.
>>
File: british_poster_black_cauldron.jpg (394KB, 1500x1134px) Image search: [Google]
british_poster_black_cauldron.jpg
394KB, 1500x1134px
>>84945499
I recommend the black cauldron
>>84950703
>calling the black cauldron shit
>>
>>84945499
I sat through Mulan in college just to fuck. Worked out OK.
>>
>>84950827
The books are much better

That said Ive really liked:
Sleeping Beauty
Dumbo
Lion King
Robin Hood
>>
File: LL.jpg (269KB, 1019x679px) Image search: [Google]
LL.jpg
269KB, 1019x679px
>>84950827
The blu-ray is.
>>
>>84952550
look at this normie fuck having sex

disgusting
>>
>>84945499

You're still a kid
>>
Look up the original folktales instead, if you're so edgy
>>
WAIT for round 2...
When you have kids
>>
>>84945499
yes, but you need to watch with a child's eyes so either get really stoned or trip on something psychedelic. even if you think you can appreciate them as an adult i still recommend stupefying your mind so the movies appear more wondrous
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.