[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any Sherlock-Holmes-esque crime dramas that are actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 600x600bb-85[1].jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600bb-85[1].jpg
65KB, 600x600px
Are there any Sherlock-Holmes-esque crime dramas that are actually good?

I wanted to watch the latest season of BBC Sherlock a few weeks but that turned out to be utter trash.
Yesterday I got started on CBS Elementary only to find that the first episode makes no sense at all. I still went for episode two, which unsurprisingly also didn't make any sense.

I love the premise of master detective show but I can't seem to find anything decent.
>>
>>84943038
elementary can get pretty enjoyable later on
>>
>>84943038
makes no sense how? the case?

Elementary is pretty formulaic, but the writing staff do make an effort to research elements in cases plus they understand the short stories well enough to plop them in every so often.
>>
>>84943038
Elementary does get better, they just take a little to long to establish the characters.
>>
Lucy Liu spends most of her time barefoot when they are indoors, which is pretty cool.
>>
>>84943038
House, M.D.
>>
>>84943213
Do you have any particular season or episode in mind?

>>84943308
Yep, the cases.
If you look at episode one from the point of view of the criminal the plan for the murder is just dumb, extremely convoluted, unlikely to succeed, and there is still a lot of risk of being caught.
The murder plot in episode two is just impossible logistically and from a medical point of view.

>>84943648
That's not better.
>>
>>84943038
Elementary is actually pretty good. Though, it is as far from "Sherlock" as you can get.
>>
>Female Watson
>Tranny Hudson
>Scumbag Lestrade
>Female Moriarty with 30 secondes screetime
>Trash Mycroft
>Muh dad
>Muh bees

Still rather watch that Eurus mindhacking bullshit again than continue this show
>>
>>84943038
If you read the original Sherlock Holmes books you see Doyle starts with the solution and works backwards for the problem. I like the idea of Sherlock Holmes, but it was never any good... ever.
>>
>>84943038
Try Mentalist, Everything with Red john is superb
>>
Poirot
>>
>>84943859
Start With Elementary season 3
>>84943946
>far from Sherlock as you can get
But more Holmesian i.e. More of a dectective than a magic man with all the answers
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.