[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't Ryan Gosling in the sequel /tv/? I liked it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: drive2.jpg (304KB, 1200x1780px) Image search: [Google]
drive2.jpg
304KB, 1200x1780px
Why wasn't Ryan Gosling in the sequel /tv/?

I liked it better than the first movie in the series though.
>>
>>84935353
It's a prequel
>>
File: bats.jpg (98KB, 288x464px) Image search: [Google]
bats.jpg
98KB, 288x464px
what was his endgame?
>>
>ipod gets shot

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>84935353
Is it true that his actual full name is Baby Driver? If so I won't watch.
>>
>>84936621
It's Miles
>>
>>84935353
this movie was so obnoxious i could hardly make it through the first twenty minutes. makes me regret enjoying shawn of the dead
>>
>>84935586
hated this character so much.
>hurr I'm going to threaten and intimidate hardened criminals in this organization where it's likely we'll run into each other or someone we mutually know again
There's a ton wrong with the movie, but this guy is the worst. A guy gets killed cause he bought the wrong halloween masks but the uppity trigger happy nigger gets a free pass.
>>
>>84936621
Are you retarded? They are all criminals who are part of a heist crew and use monikers.

Baby, Darling, Buddy, Bats, Doc, Griff, No-Nose, JD, etc.
>>
>>84936881
JD got killed because he left his shotgun at the crime scene (potentially allowing the police to trace either the supplier or the manufacturer). I think him being kind of an airhead was just icing on the cake.
>>
>>84936939
How do you remember all the names of the characters? I haven't seen it but anything I watch nowadays I'll remember like one name and that's it.
>>
>>84935586

so much this >>84936881
Everyone knew he was psycho, and they all understood why he said he hated the diner. they all gave him a pass,when he wasn't even key to the plan
>>
>>84935586
I'm assuming he was eventually planning on either:

A. Killing the other crew members and running with the cash to a non-extradition country.

B. Killing Baby because of his personal dislike of him and his personality as well as the various assumptions he made about Baby. Presumably, Doc would've eventually had him killed if he went this route.

C. He had no endgame, he was just an edgy motherfucker who got lucky and never managed to catch a bullet on all the various jobs he was on. He wanted to keep making money with no real goal or target in sight. He seems to have a rather self-destructive lifestyle so presumably this route would also lead to his eventual death.
>>
>>84937026
I'm weirdly proficient at remembering names, I don't have photographic/eidetic memory or anything but I just specifically always remember peoples' names (after I've attributed a face to them).

Maybe I'm autistic, I never really gave it much thought why I'm able to remember names so well.
>>
>>84937070
he killed a guy cause he forgot his shotgun when they switched cars in heat of traffic.

He was gonna kill everyone, or was edgy

>we gonna stay here all day cause shit hot after you pick of the weapons
>proceed to have rob murder on everystop
>>
>>84937039
why in the fuck were they driving around at night together going to diners and shit anyways. It just so happened to be THAT diner. bullshit. Why did they have to meet with the gun dealers themselves? They've got a secret hidden base in the city, but no guns? They all four had handguns, but needed MORE. They need grenades and military grade hardware to knock over a fucking post office of all places. CONTRIVED AF.
>>
>>84937217
suspension of disbelief anon
>>
>>84935586
I hated that entire scene with the "The Butcher" and all the retarded meat/pork analogies.

It was so fucking over the top. I would've rather just had them get patted down for a wire than have to listen to an entire conversation of retarded code-speak.
>>
File: c5-2-disagree06.gif (155KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
c5-2-disagree06.gif
155KB, 100x100px
>>84935353
>not even the same genre nor director
>MC drive a car
>now everyone compares it with Drive just to shit on it

why
>>
>>84937217
they needed clean gun,untraceable since they cannot be tied to the moneyorders laundering in anyways. Cause the psycho is a psycho let stop at the gas station, proceed to murder clerk and take a entire box of gum.

>>84937394
I would been fine with the meat analogies,but they foreshadowed the psyo gonna fuck it up so bad that why bother, no suspense only oh he gonna kill them,then a funny meat analogies

worst of all psycho somehow analyzes everyone.

>>84937492
it is shit cause of the edgy psycho nigger that is over the top and kills all suspense cause we all know he gonna kill non mcs of the heist
>>
>>84937534
what
>>
>>84937616
black man psycho killing runs, kill any suspense in the movie

>I am thirst stop at the gas station
>bang bang gum bitch
> everyone take a gun,to the gun deal Bang bang
>i am hungry BA--, fuck you baby why you cuck blocking me
>>
>>84937534
>>84937696
Seriously, this shit was annoying as fuck.

>doing ANYTHING to bring unnecessary attention to yourself the night before, the night of, or the night after a major heist

These people are supposed to be professionals.
>>
I really enjoyed this movie but my only issue with it was how the APD thugs and Buddy appeared in such quick succession at the parking deck. Did they coordinate their arrivals? Felt too sudden.
>>
>>84937900
movie would be 10/10 after the bats dies and they actually showed how Bonny and Clyde got away. I I did not expect them to make it so far
>>
>>84937155
>I'm weirdly proficient at remembering names
No you aren't, he tells the waitress his name is Baby
>>
>>84937696
still has nothing to do with Drive
>>
>>84938208
everyone shits on it cause black edgyman ruins it and drive is the easiest bants
>>
>>84937946
I didn't think about that when I was watching the movie but that is actually a really good point.

Somehow both groups set up ambushes in the same exact section of the same exact parking complex at almost the same exact time. Yet somehow they never saw each other?

Literally all they would've needed was a 5 second shot of Buddy in the stolen police cruiser seeing the APD guys walk up with their shotguns, realize what they were doing, and slide down in his seat for a moment to let them go first.
>>
>>84938230
Do people really think he ruins it? I admit his character was often a bit cartoony / stereotypical but I thought his recklessness added a necessary degree of suspense to the latter half of the film. He acted as if he just stepped out of a comic book, along with the rest of the film's characters. Like Drive through a Scott Pilgrim filter.
>>
>>84938016
It's revealed that his name is Miles
>>
File: 1370238030641.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1370238030641.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
You worthless faggots will complain about literally ANYTHING.
>>
>>84935353
Ansel Elgort was playing young Gosling, this is a prequel hence "baby" driver
>>
Mr Yelling Angry Nigger ruins everything he touches. The dude is a one trick pony and it's not an impressive trick. He just seems goofy instead of intimidating.
>>
>>84938571

He didn't ruin it for me, but he was written kinda poorly. He wasn't fleshed out very well, he was just there to jack up suspense.
>>
WHY DOES NO ONE MENTION HE LOOKS LIKE ELLIOT RODGER
>>
>>84938872
I don't under why they had both him and Jon Bernthal's character in the movie to be honest, they basically played the same exact character.
>>
>>84939398
>"If you don't see me again, I'm dead."
So he died, right?
>>
>>84939424
Most likely.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.