[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this shit so fucking famous? literally everyone is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: c9lzmv4d3mgzpnyntz7s_rycw.jpg (64KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
c9lzmv4d3mgzpnyntz7s_rycw.jpg
64KB, 800x450px
why is this shit so fucking famous? literally everyone is talking about it
>>
Because normie like shit, and this shit is being slammed down their throats so they HAVE to like it. They are too pussy to form their own opinions and tastes, so they don't want to be left out.
>>
It was good, kinda, the first 4 seasons. Then it went downhill.
I am wating to see the next season because i've been through the whole thing, now its ending.
Besides, i have normie friends who like it a lot and invited me to a sleepover to watch its premiere, why the heck would i not accept?
>>
because its good and tv is just a contrarian piece of shit
>>
>>84935054
this
>>
>>84934852
Because it is god tier. Ignore cucks who haven't read the books or watched the show.
>>
>>84934901
How is it possible to be this stupid?
>>
>>84935022
this
First four seasons were excellent. I thought it was gonna burn out after red wedding but season 4 kept it going. Season 5 was terrible though, and 6 even worse. The battle of the bastards was such a terrible episode, can't believe people were praising it.
It's really not the show's fault though. The books are only good up to song of swords: After that, they go to shit pretty fucking quick. The show did the first three books justice, after that....
>>
books were better. Show Tyrion is a tryhard smartass redditor. Book Tyrion is Monologue Kino
>>
>>84934852
Think the show hit its peak back around 2013/2014 in terms of popularity.

People originally got attracted to it because of its high production quality/sex/violence.

There were some bookfags who have reading comprehension levels of a teenager that raved about the series.

Also the idea of nerd culture was on the rise and this had that aura about it.
>>
>>84935161
you were on the right track until you said season 6 was worse than season 5, and now I know that you're just regurgitating what you hear on /tv/
>>
>>84935216
Tbh both were trash, but i thought the finale of season 6 was pretty dope. everything before that was shit though
>>
>>84935216
Not him, but i cant think which season is worst.
Battle of the bastards its a strategically tottally dissaster, so...
>>
>>84934852
People like soap operas with "shocking twists" and shit. This is a very high budget and very well produced fantasy soap opera with dragons, but it's still a soap opera. This isn't anything new for a bunch of people to latch onto that sort of thing, it's just been a number of years since before GoT.
>>
>>84934852
>>84934901
>lets talk about why everyone is talking this thing.
>being so autistic and shut-in to not understand the appeal of a show

Brainlets.
>>
because it's fun; the story is gripping, they have money to make good image, the actors are good

you can say the last season was weaker than the rest, but you don't just drop a show just because it had a few 6/10 episodes
>>
>HBO shows are top-tier for production value
>beautiful sets and all-around design
>star-studded and with Sean Bean for the first season is all it took for the show to draw in viewers
>great casting decisions and performances from people like Tyrion, Tywin, Robert, Aquaman, Jorah, and The Hound just to name a few
>tits
>source material, the first 3 books is actually decent
same reason any of the other HBO shows take off
>>
File: you.jpg (42KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
42KB, 479x720px
>>84935161
>The battle of the bastards was such a terrible episode
>>
>>84935270
It's definetly true
The first three seasons had substance, good characters, great storylines etc etc
But after a while, they realized all people cared about was the bad guys fucking shit up (epic twists) and female empowerment (go kaleesi!!1!!)
So that's all the show is nowadays, and it makes more bank than ever
>>
>>84935403
>should I tell my brother the armies of the vale are coming to back us up
>no, i should just complain he doesn't trust me and bla bla bla
>>
>>84935403
it was pretty good until the random wall of dead bodies and horses just randomly shows up.
>>
>>84935130
no it isn't god tier.
>>
>>84935336
>fun
fun to shit on maybe
>story is gripping
no
>good image
it looks like shit
>the actors are good
this one reveals you as a troll
>>
Season 1: Great
Season 2: Good to Great
Season 3: Fantastic
Season 4: Great
Season 5: Abysmal
Season 6: Meh
>>
>>84935667
this is mostly correct
>>
>Season 1: Great
>Season 2: Great
>Season 3: Great
>Season 4: Great
>Season 5: What is happening
>Season 6: Oh god no
>>
>Season 1: 5/5
>Season 2: 4/5
>Season 3: 5/5
>Season 4: 4/5
>Season 5: 1/5
>Season 6: 2/5
>>
>>84934901
but tv told you you have to hate it and you do
youre the same
>>
Well, the source material is nothing special, so it figures that a TV show adaptation would be equally mediocre. But people are easily impressed by dragons, midgets and tits that they think it makes for a good show.
>>
>>84935212
>high production quality/sex/violence
that's exactly why I like it so much

it's crazy when you see how much work goes into making it
>>
>>84935753
>>Season 1: Great
>>Season 2: Great
>>Season 3: Good
>>Season 4: Uhh, alright
>>Season 5: Wtf?
>>Season 6: STOP! PLEASE STOP!
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.