[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Emmy nominations roll out >quick search for The Leftovers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

>Emmy nominations roll out
>quick search for The Leftovers
>1 nomination for supporting actress

They can't keep getting away with it.
>>
>>84914630
For "Limited Series" too. What the fuck?! It wasn't a limited series. Are they high?!
>>
>>84914630
>westworld
>outstanding writing

>Brandenburg Cumdumpster
>outstanding actor

>Stranger Things
>outstanding anything

Leftovers not being included is a good thing, it means it's a good show
>>
>>84914630
Is Justin Theroux the most attractive man with a receding hairline?
>>
The Wire was snubbed in its time too. Give it a few years.
>>
File: 54930364.jpg (66KB, 602x709px) Image search: [Google]
54930364.jpg
66KB, 602x709px
>>84915179
>westworld
>outstanding writing
Jesus Christ
>>
>>84914630
Heh, maybe the emmys actually know what they're doing?
>>
>>84915233
No that would be me desu
>>
>>84915179
Well put anon. OP, stop caring about morons patting other morons in the back.
>>
>>84915319
Did you miss the part where Westworld and fucking house of cards got nominated for outstanding drama series?
>>
>>84915322
What was it like working with Ben Affleck?
>>
>>84915179
This

also the fact that the threads here are 50% h8rs bodes well for it aging like a fine wine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkra6xKs1kc
>>
How the fuck was Jude Law not nominated for Best Actor in a Limited Series? Fucking Benedict Cumberbatch, really?
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/television/comments/6n2rcs/the_leftovers_appreciation_thread/
>>
lindelof 100% BTFO
>>
>no carrie coon nominations

UGH
>>
>>84915372
My respect just doubled.
>>
>>84915783
She's got one for Fargo.
>>
>>84914630
It feels like outside of replacing GoT with Westworld and Downtown Abbey with This is Us, they are exactly the same as last year's
>>
the leftovers is shit and mediocre
get over it
>>
>>84915927
why did GoT get shafted anyway? the network decided to just push Westworld? it still has incredible buzz.
>>
>>84916216
GoT is ending, HBO desperately needs normies to watch WW instead
>>
>>84916216
Game of Thrones new season didn't air in time in order to be nominated.
>>
>No The Young Pope for anything
Are the Emmy's just as bad as the Grammy's? They sure seem like it.
>>
>>84916931
Emmys and grammys are such blatant popularity contests that they manage to make the oscars look good every single year
>>
That's not how award shows work. The network has to spend a shit load of money to lobby for their shows. There is no reason why HBO would spent a penny lobbying for a show that just finished its final season.
>>
>>84914630
1) stop watching tv it all sucks. Leftovers was decwnt but its over
2) awards don't matter at all. Brie larson, alicia vikander, sandra bullock, jennifer lawrence and emma stone have oscars. Anyone who thinks awards matter is a fucking asshat.
>>
>>84915998
still better than Fargo
>>
>>84917101
name another actress you think is oscar worthy
>>
>>84917175
Ones that weren't even nominated now go back to /r/movies stonefag and or briefag and or amyfag. You honestly gobble up whatever they tell you to huh? You are braindead.
>>
>>84917009
>oscars
>merit
>not a popularity contest
Every single day I read something more stupid than the last
>>
>>84917294
all i asked for was an actress that you thought deserved an Oscar and you sperged out and shouted reddit at me kek
>>
>>84915826
Which is retarded because she was good but boilerplate.
Typical tough cop gotta get the job done.

It's obvious that it's based on bribes- I mean lobbying by the network.

HBO doesn't need to advertise it any more when they have GoT and Westworld to shill
>>
>>84917417
Not too smart are you? Can't follow a conversation?
>>
>>84917656
>these actresses don't deserve oscars

>who do you think does deserve an oscar?

>reeee reddit

You're right I can't follow this conversation at all
>>
>>84915179
what the fuck
WHAT THE FUCK

/tv/ awards when?
>>
>>84917294
>underrated
>>
>>84916295
There are 5 GoT prequels in the works. Scripts anyways. Heads at HBO will decide which one will get the go ahead for filming.
>>
>>84919233
well thanks for ruining my day
>>
>Based Mathew Rhys and Keri Russel once again nominated for their oustanding performances in The Americans
>Probably will get beaten by MUH HANDMAIDEN

>Titus Burgess nominated for his great performance in Kimmy Shit
>Probably going to be beaten by Alec Baldwin for TWO SCOOPS.
>>
It's just a popularity contest, no surprises here. Stranger Things got nominated for fucking everything and The Leftovers gets nothing.
>>
>>84920111
It's not even popularity.
It's "lobbying".
Winning awards is part of the advertisement budget.
HBO put all their shit towards Westworld and GoT.
They didn't bother with Leftovers because it's done and was always niche.
>>
File: really.jpg (15KB, 716x724px) Image search: [Google]
really.jpg
15KB, 716x724px
Dont they know that obscure, unpopular, faux intellectual = kino? Industry award when?? REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84914654
can someone explain the reasoning behind this? The Leftovers wasn't a limited series.
>>
Just take a look at this:

“Atlanta” (FX)

“black-ish” (ABC)

“Master of None” (Netflix)

“Modern Family” (ABC)

“Silicon Valley” (HBO)

“Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” (Netflix)

“Veep” (HBO)

All utter shite desu.
>>
>>84921082
wow you have terrible taste.
>>
>>84921126
other than Veep and Silicon Valley which had terrible new seasons, all of those shows are high-caliber trash.
>>
>>84921126
You watch Black-ish

Nobody gives a fuck what you think, you camel faced cunt.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.