[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone please tell me what the appeal of these retarded cop/lawyer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (52KB, 590x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 590x331px
Someone please tell me what the appeal of these retarded cop/lawyer drama shows is. I don't get it and they're all just awful
>>
>>84873290
You get to see bad criminals get their just deserts at the hands of good agents of the good government, goy.
>>
>I know we have no evidence this guy did it and we have no leads and they have an alibi! It doesn't matter, I KNOW this scum bag did it and I'm taking him out!

Every fucking episode
>>
>help me agent benson, I got raped
>*ice t smacks his lips* lady I'm pretty sure you were just drunk and had casual sex....
>SHUT UP you fag enabler!, we're going to help this poor girl

damn it, this series is really too crude sometimes.
>>
File: IMG_13079.jpg (3MB, 2736x3648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_13079.jpg
3MB, 2736x3648px
>>84873290
The new shows are all shit but flagship Law and Order is some great television. If you don't understand what's appealing about flagship Law and Order, you're likely too young to understand/appreciate tales of the human condition as relates to the real world. Guess the real world really doesn't touch you privileged white folks from sheltered privileged white communities so I shouldn't be surprised.
>>
>it's a liv acts like you kicked her grandmother if someone suggests the suspect might be innocent episode
>>
>84873554
Here's a reply, but I'll keep the (You)
>>
Stabler-era SVU is best SVU.
>>
it makes old people feel smart because they can guess what will happen even though all episodes are systematically the same
>>
GO HOME GAMER GIRL!!!!!!
>>
>>84873290
There's something about bringing pedos and rapists to justice, it speaks to our instincts to protect the weak. Even if it has gotten increasingly stupid in writing over the years, it still appeals to that part of the audience. They're also familiar with the actors and characters.
>>
>>84873290
standard Law & Order and Criminal Intent were fine
>>
It's chewing gum. You can keep it in the background and you know precisely at what point there'll be a twist, a twist, a reveal, a resolution. I used to do pushups to it every evening.

I'm actually rewatching it again and I'm noticing just how much more care was put into the first 3 seasons compared to today. You actually had minor divergences from the formula, you don't get that anymore. L&O is chewing gum, but the latest 3 or 4 seasons are complete cardboard.
>>84874028
TRUTH
>>
>>84875241
uhhh thicc
>>
>>84873290
We like to see criminals suffering consequences of their actions. It gives me a hard on.
>>
Is that cop a transsexual? The one in the front, holding the badge.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>they're all just awful

Have you watched Cold Case? It's all about heartstrings and the main protag is gold star waifu material
>>
File: 1499365987676.jpg (39KB, 362x400px)
1499365987676.jpg
39KB, 362x400px
>>84873290
The fuck? I remember when the show had Stabler, that bald chief, redhead lawyer and Munch. Where did all those nobodies come from? The only ones I recognize are Ice T and Olivia.

Did the old actors really have something else better to do?
>>
>>84875309
Are you a faggot?
>>
>>84873290
The first law and order was good TV.

>first five minutes someone was murdered
>Police investigation
>Quip
>look like it one guy
>Plot twist
>arrest guy
>Lawyer stuff
>Arguing
>Law twist
>lawyer does something stupid that might get him/her disbarred
>It works
>walks away, 90% of the time the bad guy is convicted, 10% of the time it doesn't work.

Combined with having some genuine qts lawyers it was great for tv to watch while doing something else.

SVU changed it up as it was normally a rape.

Criminal Intent was nice since you had a actor slowly losing his mind in real life as the main guy. Also having Alicia witt is never a bad thing.

But SVU has been coasting for years now.

These days, the people who watched "law and order' watch Discovery ID. Which is why that channel is one of the most profitable on TV.
These days, since SVU is now shit and most people have seen all the Law and order episodes
>>
>>84875367
>>84875367
I think they looked at the bank account and realized they didn't have to work again.

Stabler had 12 seasons of pay, Munch has been in over 450 epsiodes of shows (recall, he was playing much in Homicide, life on the street plus 15 years of SVU among other things.) and the bald guy has been in 400 episodes of law and order.

Even if you were paid 50k a episode, that 20 million dollars
>>
>>84873290
Because they're comfy and easy to watch. They're episodic and the characterization is pretty standard, and when there's the rare character-centric episode, it feels special and better than it is solely because it's rare. They're cliche and rely on all the usual tropes (even spearheading some of them) but that's what makes them so easy to watch. Some are definitely better than others though.

The original is dated, but still good. Criminal Intent's main characters have negative charisma: Danny + Megan were much better. UK is a bit more consistently self-aware than SVU is at times (though only after a couple of very rough first episodes where they follow the L&O format too closely) that makes it a decent watch. SVU can be cheesy and is definitely the most predictable but it arguably has the most likable and familiar cast. The episodes where they throw in FBI drama or generally go more "high concept" are always pretty fun.

Outside of Law and Order, there's more than just a couple alright ones, but they're usually Law and Order with a twiiiiiiiiiiiist, as opposed to just being simple and comfy.
>>
>>84875367
this, it went down the shitter when they left
>>
File: Casey.jpg (53KB, 1278x720px) Image search: [Google]
Casey.jpg
53KB, 1278x720px
SVU went downhill when Novak left.

But I also have a huge crush on her, so...
>>
Was it kino?
>>
>>84873554
Ironic but not really (((you))) are lily white yourself, friend.
>>
>>84873290
Actual Law and order is great, and criminal intent was fine. SVU is shit.
Law and order, while a bit formulaic, was entertaining, dealt with social issues in a relatively fair way (esspecially for mainstream media), and was a mostly well-written drama. I'll admit that I stopped watching after Orbach died, so it might have gone to shit in the later seasons.

SVU is completely undefendable with shit like "GO HOME GAMER GIRL"
>>
>>84877790
>Kevin Bacon settled for that
>>
There was an episode called "Doubt" that was a very good depiction of the "he said she said" debate that I imagine most rape cases revolve around. It presented each side of the story and had no clear resolution. By the end you're not sure if the guy's a rapist or if the girl is making it up.
>>
>>84873406
>I know we have no evidence this guy did it and we have no leads and they have an alibi! It doesn't matter, I KNOW this scum bag did it
>gets guy to confess
ftfy
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.