[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>almost didnt make the film cause he couldn't wait 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 6

File: asd.jpg (76KB, 720x661px) Image search: [Google]
asd.jpg
76KB, 720x661px
>almost didnt make the film cause he couldn't wait 1 more week to start shooting
>would've kept his 1mil advance
>didnt even read the book
woah I thought artists were supposed to be selfless
>>
>>84872673
to think that's only the tip of the iceberg too
>>
>>84872673
He was fucked in the arse by Coppola and the jews in The Goodfather. He was very upset with Coppola.
>>
>didnt even read the book
marlon brando knew reading was for virgin nerds like coppola
>>
The book is pretty boring unless you are amazed by metaphors and have a cannibal fetish
>>
>>84872798
Explain
>>
He was also a fat mess
>>
>>84872849
:) Coppola _)_)=======> (_(_ Brando :(
>>
>>84872673
I love Commander Kurtz, his portrayal at the time seemed brilliant and unique, but I didn't realize it had all been ripped verbatim and scene by scene from Heart of Darkness. But still, if he didn't win awards for that he deserved them.

And Marlon Brando was ALWAYS a hard man to work with. He always had crazy requests that they had to comply with.

In one of his last movies he went nude from the waist down (as in cock and balls hanging out) because he wanted to be sure all the shots were taken from his shoulders up because he was getting enormously fat in his late years.

You hire Marlon, it was going to cost you (he was the highest paid actor for a very long time), he'll have crazy demands, and he's going to be a prima donna..... but still he delivers Oscar-worthy performances so you get what you pay for.
>>
>>84872894
>but still he delivers Oscar-worthy performances
He did not in his later years. Not at all.
>>
>>84872845
I couldn't disagree more. For when it was written, it was one of the most exciting books and the book *still is* excellent. It is scene for scene Apocalypse Now. That book must be fucking public domain or I'm sure whoever held the rights would be suing Apocalypse Now for plagiarism.

Only difference is it takes place 100 years earlier in Africa and is about retrieving a British officer who's lost his damned mind.... but outside of the setting and character names, almost scene for scene the same.

I didn't even realize this until I had to read Heart of Darkness for college....
>>
>>84872849
https://youtu.be/2QUacU0I4yU
>>
>>84872798
By all accounts he liked getting fucked in the ass though.
>>
>>84872950
He was just a hipster faggot.
>>
>>84872957
Have you ever tried getting fucked in the ass? It's more enjoyable than you think.
>>
>>84872950
how do you go from one of the best actors in cinema history to ellen degeneres and jack black?
>>
>>84872957
We was paid 10 thousand dollars for the Dom Corleone role. Pacino received 35 thousand dollars for the first The Godfather.
>>
>>84872989
I tried, but I'm not cute enough.
>>
>>84873051
I was joking about him being a fag you autist.
>>
>>84872950
fucking whore. no you're not intruding you're just being condescending and spitting in the face of the industry. who was the madmen that booed?
>>
>>84873072
You joked wrongfully you dumb idiot. He was a fairy.
>>
>>84873072

Not that anon but there is an actual photo of him giving a beeg to a dude.

Pretty sure he went through "a phase". But then you don't know how much the cocaine had to do with that.
>>
>>84872673
>I thought artists were supposed to be selfless
Whoever gave you this impression is laughing at your back.

t. artist
>>
>>84872875
Ass 2 ass?
>>
>still delivers a few of the best performances in film history
what are some films about using your power for evil?
>>
>>84873118

>t. artist

KEK. I am sure you are le artist par excellence.
>>
>>84872673
you have to draw the line somewhere with these hollywood reptilians. i really wish dalton would have stuck around to act in goldeneye like he was supposed to, but sometimes shit doesn't pan out
>>
>>84873131
Artist is a broad term. You can act superior if you want, but that's a hollow accomplishment.
>>
>>84872928
There was nothing wrong with Brando's performance in The Score.
>>
>>84873114
Well, there was a bit of a different mindset in the 60s and 70s. Free love and all that. I'd venture to say most open minded guys had tried stuff.

There was a lot more big drug parties and hollywood orgies and things like that. People banging whoever. James Dean, David Bowie, and Mick Jagger were all straight(ish) and all reportedly had flings with other guys...
>>
>>84873155
Agreed.

>>84872928
You've mentioned a kino performance tho.
>>
>>84873118
>t. artist
fucking kek
>>
>>84873153

>You can act superior if you want, but that's a hollow accomplishment.

LMAO at this delusional projecting. That is literally what you were doing with that
>t. le artist here btw
horseshit.

I was *responding* to you doing this.
>>
>>84872950
This, or other videos of him talking about the native Americans has nothing to do with the Hollywood or Coppola fucking with HIM. Why would be particularly upset with Coppola?
>>
>>84873223
Coppola agreed with the jews in paying him shit for Dom Corleone and didn't tell him his plans. Got Brando by surprise when the job was done.
>>
DAILY REMINDER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2iNuVPDOhs
>>
>>84872673
who gives a shit if he didn't read the book?

you people brought up on adaptations of shitty YA novels that absolutely HAD to be basic text to screen adaptations are the fucking worst, it's an adaptation, allow for some artistic license you absolute pig fuck cunts
>>
>>84873164
James dean died in 1955.
>>
>>84873690
because reading the book he would know the character and would have an easier time playing it, instead of spending days and days talking with coppola about how the character is, wasting money from coppola's own pocket and hundreds of peoples time
>>
>>84874393
The character is in the script, anon. AN isn't a one-to-one adaptation of Heart of Darkness. Kurtz in the film could be considered a different character to Kurtz in the book.
>>
>>84872941
>plagiarism
It's called an adaptation.
>>
>>84874436
a script is not a book, and he probably read it scene to scene during shooting like the cunt he was, instead of reading the book and having months to build at least a frame to work with
>>
>>84874525
I mean, the book is only 80 pages. There's only so much you could draw from it. And regardless, his performance is fucking great in the film, so I don't really see the problem.
>>
>>84872673
>woah I thought artists were supposed to be selfless
Who the fuck has ever said that.

Also Brando was always outright about hating acting and only doing it for the money.
>>
>>84874525
You're an idiot.
>>
>>84872673
>artists were supposed to be selfless

no one thinks that
>>
File: marlon-brando.jpg (32KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
marlon-brando.jpg
32KB, 300x442px
A few years before his death in 2004, eccentric Hollywood legend Marlon Brando summoned actor/environmentalist Ed Begley Jr. to his Mulholland Drive estate.

According to Begley, Brando wanted some feedback on a scheme to power his home with electric eels. Dumbfounded, Begley said he wasn't sure it could be done.

"Everything's no with you..." grumbled Brando in response
>>
File: 772_1000.jpg (767KB, 961x1500px) Image search: [Google]
772_1000.jpg
767KB, 961x1500px
>>84873101
>fucking whore
a whore, but a good whore.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>84874372
nice try, jew.
>>
>>84873164
who the fuck cares if brando take it up the ass.

look at his kids

his son christian killed boyfriend of his half-sister cheynne. And that bitch cheyenne was just as crazy as he was. Killed herself after the incident

and then what happens? his son is RELEASED from prison and probably killed another woman and ruins Robert Blake's life
But who knows truly happened? Bonnie Lee Bakley had literally dozens of husbands, literally divorce after divorce. She was batshit crazy, literal prostitute who was obsessed with celebrities

It's not like it's kids fault. fucked up parents, christian's mother literally kidnapped him and then they found him later in some hippie gang with bronchial pneumonia

While marlon was fighting with baboons, his kids were killing people, themselves, and living sad and pathetic life.
>>
i think theres something wrong with me, i hate everything this fuck was in, godfather and apoc now are probablu the 2 worst films ive ever seen

i dont remember anything about either of them but ive seen them both alot. brandos character was boring trash, confusing shite that appeared on screen, moving images just for the sake of moving images, edgy dark colours, offscreen plots, unexplained confusing shite, fuck off with that shit
>>
File: The Pest.jpg (53KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
The Pest.jpg
53KB, 780x439px
>>84874905
>godfather and apoc now are probablu the 2 worst films ive ever seen
You've probably didn't saw much movies.
>>
>>84873164
>Mick Jagger
>flings with other guys

Gee, ya think? Someone clearly hasn't watched Performance.
>>
>>84872819
>virgin nerds

Didn't Coppola have a wife who worked on set as well.
>>
>>84872849
His original deal was a small filming fee but points on the gross. Before the movie was released he suddenly needed cash and he asked for an advance against the gross. Evans offered him 50 grand but he had to give back the points. Brando was desperate so he agreed. It wound up costing him somewhere between 10 and 20 million depending on how many points he had. It was more Evans who screwed him than Coppola but he considered Coppola to be In league with Evans.
>>
>>84874705
God damn so perfect. Loving that bush
>>
Coppola literally read the book out loud to Brando on the set. Also he turned up so overweight that they decided to shoot him mostly in shadows because of that and had a taller body double for the wide shots where you don't see his face.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPdiV4GRsyA
>>
>>84872798
Wasnt he doing the ass fucking in Last Tango
>>
>>84872673
>actors
>artists

lol
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.