[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

movies from books that were fucking perfect and did the books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

movies from books that were fucking perfect and did the books justice.

Henry Fonda was unreal in the Grapes of Wrath. i could would this movie over and over.
>>
greatest horror movie every
>>
>>84865053
I rather liked King Vidor's The Fountainhead but for some reason it has a really poor reputation.
>>
>>84865053
I've never read the book but this is one of my favorite flicks for sure. I just love henry fonda as tom joad.
>>
>>84865053
How has this not been posted
>>
>>84865623
nice, solid post.
>>
the original trilogy only. i hate the hobbit movies so much it almost makes me mad. and i have read all the books so i know what was changed and left out.
>>
>>84865596
the book is awesome. i would highly recommend it
>>
>>84865756
>eviscerating the book by making it an action movie for young people aged 15 to 25
>perfect
>did the books justice
>implying the commercialization didn't reduce the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing
>>
>>84865883
yeah i know. i wasn't going to post it in this thread cause i know they aren't perfect, but i still like the movies a lot so i did.
>>
American Psycho
>>
>>84865559
Agreed, I don't know if I was just in the right mood going into it or something but I had complete suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>84866141
The book could never have been made into a movie, it's too gory.
>>
>>84865053

I watched this movie again recently, and good God that last speech he gives made me so depressed, cuz I honestly can't see anything that good being made in mainstream Hollywood today. before anyone jumps on the "go watch muh foreign films or indie films" bandwagon, what I mean is that there was a time when this was the kind of thing that got attention and widesprewad acclaim from audiences, not modern blockbusters with soulless dialogue perfectly manuactured for cross-cultural appeal. And I know that Hollywood was just as superficial and vapid even back then and not necessarily more "honest" or "pure" for all I know. But fuck it, even if they did fake it, at least they did it well.
>>
>>84865623

Atticus Finch and Jim Garrisson were unironically my heroes growing up. Good post.
>>
File: the-shining-1024x768.jpg (104KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
the-shining-1024x768.jpg
104KB, 1024x768px
I'm glad this makes Stephen King look like a retard for hating it so much.
>>
>>84867556
lol
>>
>>84865053
love this movie
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.