/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This movie is a bit overrated. There are too many plotholes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Gladiator_ver1[1].jpg (49KB, 272x426px) Image search: [Google]
Gladiator_ver1[1].jpg
49KB, 272x426px
This movie is a bit overrated. There are too many plotholes, unnecessary dialogues and scenes, historical inaccuracies, etc.

There are moments when it's boring as fuck. The character of Lucilla is totally unnecessary, and every scene with her is boring. I see a lot of influences from Braveheart, but I think Braveheart is a bit better.

Also a lot of the combat scenes are just plain bad, the camera shakes so much you can't actually see what the fuck is happening.

The best thing this movie has is the music and the ending. Also that epic line where he shows the emperor his real identity. The ending makes you forget about all the crap you went through before. I'd say it's a 7/10.
>>
>>84859970
yeah Enya is pretty fucking awesome
https://youtu.be/FazAncc_2Bg
>>
>>84859970
>Being this young and a movie snob to boot.

Wait until you get a good family and some kids then come back with a reasonable argument.
>>
>>84859970
>but I think Braveheart is a bit better.
yes but gladiator is still a 9/10 for any error the movie can have.
>>
>>84860165
Why the fuck did you post that shit dance remix

https://youtube.com/watch?v=NBE-uBgtINg
>>
>>84859970
>There are too many plotholes
Such as?
>>
>>84860165
it ain't Enya
>>
>>84860165
you are literally retarded
>>
>historical inaccuracies

you mean commodus wasnt really killed by an ex general turned gladiator in front of thousands of people? ?
>>
>too many plotholes
Name one
>unnecessary dialogues and scenes
such as?
>historical inaccuracies
Name literally one movie that is 100% historically accurate
>>
>>84861218
>Name literally one movie that is 100% historically accurate
https://youtube.com/watch?v=0sdtkAM-Ud0
>>
Oh, Gladiator. I never saw that movie.
>>
I get chills everytime the chariots burst through the gate in the Cartagina reenactment scene.
>>
>>84862182
You're a faggot anon.
>>
>>84862583
And you don't get Sopranos references.
>>
File: RoachKiller.jpg (490KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
RoachKiller.jpg
490KB, 3000x3000px
>>84861334
>>
>>84863840
It only works when you get the quote right. Fucking queer.
>>
>>84860838
It's Lisa Gerard.
I recommend listening to Dead Can Dance they are amazing.
>>
File: now-we-are-free.png (783KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
now-we-are-free.png
783KB, 1280x544px
muh feels tho
>>
>>84859970
>the camera shakes so much you can't actually see what the fuck is happening
but this is normal? this is how americans get around having action movie actors without experience in basic martial arts choreography/weapons handling

>guys let's just throw down like a bar fight, these fat fucks have never known the difference anyway
>we'll just shakycam and quick cut the whole thing to make it look more """dynamic"""
>>
>>84860522
For example Maximus travels from Germany to Spain in a horse without supplies or anything.

>>84861094
By historical inaccuracy I mean having a 8th century Swedish helmet in Rome in the 2th century, statues not colored correctly, unrealistic combat, etc. I don't care about artistic licenses for the plot, that is to be expected. But they clearly didn't listen to their history advisers
>>
>>84861218
>Name literally one movie that is 100% historically accurate
Star Wars.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.