[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the Death Note live action movies any good? Also is anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Death_Note_(film)_poster.jpg (41KB, 272x386px) Image search: [Google]
Death_Note_(film)_poster.jpg
41KB, 272x386px
Are the Death Note live action movies any good? Also is anyone excited about the upcoming Netflix version? Let's respectfully share opinions and thoughts about live action Death Note!
>>
>>84849684
>is anyone excited about the upcoming Netflix version?
no
>>
No, no and no
>>
>>84849684
The first movie is pretty boring because it focuses so much on a part of the story that's shitty.

The second movie is actually decent and I believe it handles the end of Light vs L better than the Anime/Manga did.
>>
>>84851075
Awesome! Thanks for the review, I'll check it out!
>>
>>84849684
>Are the Death Note live action movies any good?
Not much but honestly ending was better in live action movie
>>
the anime has a style and tone, the movie soullesly recreates moments with no style. Makes it come off as shitty.
>>
>>84849684
I liked Shuya from Battle Royale as Light. I feel like he played the character very well. Arrogant, intelligent, and self righteous.

Like the bus scene where he puts people in danger to test the waters of his control of the criminals. I thought that was well done.
>>
>>84849684
First one isn't, second is very good and the ending even made me tear up a bit. So, basically what >>84851075 said.

They're not optimal (second movie still cuts out a pretty cool arc), but they're watchable. They also have great choices of credits music.
>>
The second and first movies were pretty good. The third was trash.

I heard the tv drama series was a garbage fire.

The new movies are apparently a continuation of the first set of movies we got but are preceded by a couple of special tv prologues or some shit.

I always enjoyed showing the first death note to new viewers because it made them hate the fuck out of Light afterwards.

This is also a warning for those who haven't seen it yet to get out of the thread because some people may start talking about the climax.
>>
>>84849772

I'm excited for William Dafoe that's for goddamn sure.
>>
I don't like thge actor playing Light
He portrays the guy so excitable and neurotic, actually anime did that too
There was no display of real emotion from Light in the manga until almost his death
He was a very rational guy
Actors really should drop this overdramatization thing
>>
>>84853897
This, he's the only thing that shit has going for it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.