[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that the only time someone has made a "special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (56KB, 565x271px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 565x271px
Can we all agree that the only time someone has made a "special edition" that people were satisfied with and didn't actively detract from the original version was when they cleaned everything up for the TNG blu-rays?

Though the talking Tribble cast member was a genius addition.
>>
>>84844849
Agreed. This is one of the only times where hardcore fans and normies came together and acknowledged that good work was done.
>>
>>84844849
>talking Tribble

What?
>>
>>84844849
you are wrong though, the seasons handled by the third party company were bad,
(Bad color balance, wierd frame conversions, questionable effects, they should have kept all seasons inhouse even though it would have taken longer.
>>
>>84844934
The lieutenant was a fine addition to the crew
>>
>>84844942
Which seasons?
>>
>>84844849
Wtf. Why doesn't Netflix stream that version.
>>
>>84845550
>Wtf. Why doesn't Netflix stream that version.
People still ponder why home media servers are a growing market.
>>
>>84845643
They have the rerendered version of original Star trek tho.
>>
>fix darmoks misplaced phaser fire origin by just editing in a different phaser scene.
no
also implying i'd ever make the mistake of buying a show i've seen free on tv 100 times.
>>
>>84845509
Season 2, 4 and 6

it was so bad, by the time they reached s6 the inhouse team delayed the release of s6 & s7 to help fix their mess
>>
>>84844849
I thought the TOS special edition was pretty tasteful and keeps most of the aesthetics of the original effects.
>>
>>84845683
There is actually one episode in the middle of season 2 that has absolutely nothing done to it
>>
>>84845829
Yea it's a shame TNG wasn't treated more respectfully. It was the Trek I grew up on in the 80's. TOS has little value or meaning in comparison.
>>
>>84845877

I grew up with both and like them for completely different reasons.
>>
>>84845989
Yea nothing wrong with TOS. TNG got my eyeballs first at the time. DS9 is my kino tho during high school.
>>
>>84844849
OT special edition are unironically the best remasters
>>
The seasons not remastered by CBS Digital have issues but by and large it was a very successful and ambitious project.

Nobody can look at the VHS transferred DVDs and say they're actually better in any way shape or form
>>
>>84845550
They do
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.