[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about Wachowski brothers? Do they have anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What do you think about Wachowski brothers? Do they have anything else worth watching than the Matrix?
>>
File: IMG_0291.png (343KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0291.png
343KB, 1000x1000px
Here we go
>>
>brothers
TRIGGERED
>>
>>84841203
Cloud Atlas is pretty good. They got caught in a rut of telling the same story over and over again.
>>
>>84841203

it was a simpler time...

before hormones and social media
>>
Larry looked always pretty homosexual, the real deal is Andy turning into a trannie too, that was a bigger plot twist.
>>
>>84841254
Hormones and social media didnt do this. Taking drugs and going to orgies with your brother and watching him get pegged do this.
>>
>>84841230
>>84841254
>>84841272
>>84841289
what are you guys talking about?
>>
>>84841203

Matrix I is lighning in a bottle, and has aged very well.

Matrix II & III are experimental in deconstructionist storytelling, and, in that sense, did exactly what they intended to do—piss off the audience. Signs of the W's trademark corny earnestness starts cropping up here and there (“Neo… I BELIEVE” *pewpewpew*)

Speed Racer is a great, cartoony trip, and one of the first signals that they wanted to experiment in interweaving narrative, warping and woofing in and out of different times & places to congeal into one unifying emotional tale.

Cloud Atlas is the next step in this narrative experimentation. Emotion, tension, rhythm… all continuous from story to story. Really an amazing feat. Can't imagine the work that went into pulling that off. The W's preachiness begins rearing it ugly head here, however.

Jupiter Ascending is garbage, IMO. The story is cookie cutter scifi, and to use Kunis & Tatum as these particular leads was a mistake. More obvious preachy message-thumping down our throats… which reaches its apotheosis in…

…Sense8, which is a cool concept, with some great-feeling scenes, peppered throughout a very sappy, heavy-handed, unescapable social message that we are held prisoner to over and over.

Overall, I like what they are attempting… the message that humanity can be beautiful, and that we can all do our best to help one another and get along and improve civilization… but they have evolved a particular way of beating us over the head with it again and again, that it becomes less pleasant every time the club swings around for another go.
>>
>>84841478

I'll add that I've realized that, in appreciating the W's work—especially the most recent and trailing backwards—one really has to throw any cynicism out the window. Any modicum of world-weariness can trash the entire experience. So in that case, they really cater to a select, optimistic few, and maybe that's ok.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>84841221
woah, is this dumb looking pepe an evolution to its original feel good pepe?
>>
File: images (6).jpg (25KB, 336x438px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
25KB, 336x438px
I seen this once 5 or 10 years ago it was decent. Jennifer Tilly in her prime munching carpet...
92% on RT
>>
IIRC Larry got into a relationship with a massively kinky dominatrix which killed his marriage and began his sissification fetish. The dominatrix was fucking a ftm tranny at the time who got buttblasted because Larry replaced her, apparently Larry showered the dominatrix with money and gifts.
>>
>>84841478
WOW a pretty deep diatribe on their body of work

for me however i think jupiter ascending is what really is happening on earth today (different races battling for power in secret )

and the reasons why the matrix is timeless is it just resonates with normies that know that something is going on and its their little fanciful 1hr45m trip with the redpill so they keep their blue pilled reality in check

my 0.02 ...seen ufos ask me anything
>>
>>84841721

Good point on Matrix. It's simple enough of a premise (something isn't right with the “real world” so there must be some conspiracy afoot) that it fits with a number of ideologies.

Maybe I wasn't in the right mood when taking in Jupiter. I'll give it another round. Perhaps I need to approach it like a fairy tale or fable to appreciate?

I think Cloud Atlas is my favorite of theirs. There, I said it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.