[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /tv/ opinion about the Matrix trilogy? Kino or bullshit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: mt.jpg (442KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
mt.jpg
442KB, 1600x1600px
What's /tv/ opinion about the Matrix trilogy?

Kino or bullshit?

It's time for a remake/reboot?
>>
>>84840695
First ones good, Second ones meh, Third ones shit
>>
File: animatrix.jpg (41KB, 400x549px) Image search: [Google]
animatrix.jpg
41KB, 400x549px
The original Matrix and pic related are en par with Blade Runner/Ex Machina/Logan's Run.

2 and 3 (which were basically two halves of the same movie).

The first film blew me as a child. Literally. I didn't recognize my own sexuality until Trinity. It was the year I began masturbate.

No remake needed. Let's wait another 50 years before considering a reboot. It's legendary, or at least, it will be considered so.
>>
>>84840965

Ignore the second sentence, they're only worth mentioning if you're planning to marathon the trilogy.
>>
Its kinda strange how good the 1st movie is compared to the 2 sequels.
Why did the directors drop the balls so hard?
>>
>>84841007
they are the woman now.
>>
>>84840712
fpbp
>>
>>84841007
why are 2 and 3 shit again?
>>
>>84841007

Hmph! What this guy >>84841092 means is that the directors don't have nearly the power that the studios have. Painting "by the numbers" takes priority over creative leadership, since it is guaranteed to succeed in the box office. You can tell when it's the other way around.
>>
>>84840695
>remake/reboot
kill yourself
>>
>>84841184
Why not prequel?
>>
>>84841170
so its just a meme?
>>
>>84841170
not really shit but it became a generic copy of all the films that came after the original matrix.
>>
>>84841007
kek
>>
>>84841170

Because the original film was a vision of the future by the brothers (well, siblings) and possibly a cautionary tale about totalitarian control (my personal take) and a modern Allegory Of The Cave. While the sequels merely capitalized on what had previously succeeded, with a virtually infinite budget. The entire trilogy was their concept, of course, but they exercised full control only in directing that first movie.
>>
File: 1496752548081.jpg (25KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496752548081.jpg
25KB, 480x480px
there is only one matrix movie
>>
>>84841281
now thanks, i can accept that.
>>
>>84840695
First one is quite good and the other two were written to extend an unextendable story. That is to say: the first movie wasn't designed to have a sequel.
>>
>>84840695
First is idiotic but stylish, sequels are retarded CGI that drag to no end.

>>84841007
>Its kinda strange how good the 1st movie is compared to the 2 sequels
>more of the stupid plot
>more of the shitty characters
>less of the great action for more CG

What could possibly go wrong?
>>
>>84841444
Animatrix was pretty kino, but then again it was directed by bunch of japanese guys.
They should've just finished the story as an anime.
>>
First one is great, but multiple viewings will ruin the fight scenes. You can tell how shitty the martial arts is on a second viewing.

2nd one was good and set up interesting possibilities that go nowhere in the last movie.

3rd one was WTF? I didn't get any of the plot on a first watch. But I did get a lot of more BANE than in Reloaded.

3rd was cornier than the first 2. Smith being all MWUHAHAHA in frotn of the Oracle, Guy in exosuit shooting while going ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG, etc. The movie was saved by the last fight between Neo and Smith.

Best part of The Matrix after all of the original is the Frenchovingian bits. That guy was great.
>>
>>84841589
>multiple viewings will ruin the fight scenes
>not the writing
>not the lenghty exposition
>not the poorly written characters

You'd expect people to catch on how stupid characters need to act to make the plot possible instead of nitpicking on action sequences.

>2nd one was good
Reloaded is garbage.
>>
>>84840695
Kino, but needs cgi update.
>>
>>84841687
I saw Reloaded and Revolution back to back. Reloaded was watchable, at least. It doesn't do anything, it's just a bunch of weird scenes and no plot, but it's 20X better than Revolution.
>>
>>84841007
Because they spread it too thin. They thought it was smarter and deeper than it was, and by expanding it they only showed the cracks.
The idea wasn't much more than one of those "what if" things people thing while high, mixed up with a messiah story. As the movies went on, it was obvious there was nothing more to it.
>>
>>84841170
Because they're bloated, add nothing to the story and the third one has some jarring special effects that look like shit when compared to the first one.
>>
>>84841589
>First one is great, but multiple viewings will ruin the fight scenes. You can tell how shitty the martial arts is on a second viewing.

>3rd (...) was saved by the last fight between Neo and Smith.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>84841855
Revolution had a 100% garbage plot but somehow came out as less tedious than Reloaded because of the amount of straightforward action sequences. None are worth talking about.
>>
>>84841994

Dragon Ball Super.
>>
>>84841944
I thought the 2nd movie was introducing Matrix layers and that the real world was just another cage for the unruly humans that NEED to fight to feel alive. But no. Neo got powers in the real world. For some reason. There was 6 (or 5, I forget) Zions before in the real world and they all did the same shit and got destroyed the same way. That kind of ruin the idea that the machines needed to put the humans in a controlled world if they could manipulate them so easily in the real one.
>>
>>84840695
There is no true Trilogy.

The first matrix was written as a standalone movie, without any intent of a continuing storyline

It was only after the unexpected success of them first movie that the studio demanded more, and two were filmed simultaneously.

Calling the matrix a trilogy is like saying starwars is more than 3 movies.
>>
File: phebj91n.jpg (110KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
phebj91n.jpg
110KB, 600x848px
>>
File: 1449782293779.jpg (118KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
1449782293779.jpg
118KB, 660x495px
>>84841170
Cave rave
Awkward love scene
Shitty dialogue
CGI Smith

Action is great, espacially the chase scene which pretty much saved the second movie but part 2 and 3 get bogged down in dialogue that doesn't really matter to the story on hand, it's just pseudo intellectual bs, atleast the Matrix tied in everything to the story.
>>
>>84840695
First one good, second one so shit that I've never bothered with third.
>>
I'm still fucking pissed that the only HD quality version of the original film has a green piss filter on it.
>>
>>84842487
Star Wars was also written as a stand alone movie.
>>
>>84840695
The action scenes are still great even today, rewatched the first one 1 week ago,
>>
>>84842729
>great
>shit
>meh
>great
I dont get it.
>>
>>84842818
The green filter was in the theatrical versions.
>>
The Matrix
The Matrix Revisited
The Animatrix
The Matrix Vol 1&2 comic books

are the kinos.
>>
>>84843358
That being said, I own the trilogy in separate DVDs, the Matrix universe in the DVD boxset AND the Ultimate Matrix bluray boxset.
I have been cucked as fuck.
>>
>>84843315
No it absolutely was not, learn to use basic fucking Google retard. Also I saw it in theaters and you're wrong
>>
>>84843315
Noes. I have the original The Matrix DVD with the paper/card box. It is kino filtered.
>>
>>84843358
100% this.
>>
>>84842818
What are you talking about? I own the blu ray collection and the first one has the same color as it did in the theater (which I experienced three times)
>>
File: Matrix_8.webm (3MB, 1000x425px) Image search: [Google]
Matrix_8.webm
3MB, 1000x425px
>>84842015
Chateau scene is based bro
>>
>>84843315
>>84845337
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
https://youtu.be/gtktg9hbC_g
>>
>>84845416
That would make a fun TMNT movie.
>>
Matrix 1 and the Animatrix are Kino

the rest are MEH
>>
The simple reason why the sequels werent as good was because there were less scenes in the matrix and more in the real world. First movie was like 75% matrix 25% real world, second movie was half and half, third was 25% matrix and 75% real world.

People wanted to see great action scenes and bullet time fighting, not some generic sci-fi mechs. Although im in the minority in thinking that the battle was still cool.
>>
>>84840695
I never got around to watching the third movie, should I even bother?
>>
i don't think they should reboot it, there should be a prequel or sequel
>>
>>84848580
Do it at least to see Trinity refusing to croak while delivering sappy crap.
>>
The entire trilogy is kino. The 2nd and 3rd ones are handy pleb filters. You can always tell a pleb when they try to argue that Zion is another layer of the Matrix

http://blogs.wylfing.net/coronas/the-matrix-reloaded-explained/
>>
I really liked the architect scene in reloaded. The pseudo-intellectual babble was stupid on purpose but the tv screens were kino
>>
>>84845770
wtf
>>
There's a reboot already happening
https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/15/14935390/the-matrix-reboot-remake
>>
>>84851757
It's a prequel.
>>
>>84841170

>masturbatory too long and unnecessary action scenes
>lots of long dialogues where two people ramble on about the philosophical musings of the directors. very straightforward and forced whereas the first film's philosophies were seamless with the plot/action
>zion and that annoying fucking manlet that i forget the name of

i still like the sequels but the good moments are spread out. whereas the first one is amazing start to finish
>>
>>84840695
bullshit, only the first one is Kino

>>84841170
The first one had the coolest theme
>>
>>84840695
i enjoy watching the fight scenes because 90% of the time its the actual actors doing it and theres no 5000 jumpcuts with the back of their heads.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.