[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did anyone find him funny in the first place (and yes --

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: adam-sessler.jpg (725KB, 1014x1394px) Image search: [Google]
adam-sessler.jpg
725KB, 1014x1394px
Why did anyone find him funny in the first place (and yes -- his name was associated with comedic gold back in the day)?
>>
>>84833417
my younger cousin loved him as a kid

constantly repeated phrases from his shitty movies cuz they were edgy and mature and he was like 7 when he watched them

i never understood the appeal. billy madison wasnt utterly terrible when i watched it as a kid tho
>>
I loved Waterboy, Happy Gilmore, and little nicky as a kid. Watched them later and they were okay I guess. Little Nicky seemed to be the best.
>>
Nobody is funny if you think too hard about them
>>
Hey Whitey
I POOPED MY PAAAANTS
THAT'S A TECHNICAL FOUUUUL
>>
File: original-1933-1450110849-8.jpg (70KB, 715x392px) Image search: [Google]
original-1933-1450110849-8.jpg
70KB, 715x392px
>>84833417
There was a brief moment where that rat betrayer Jew actually had something going for him.
He's not without talent, he's just bored and lazy and got too fat and comfortable with his Jew gold.
He doesn't have anyone around him that challenges him and steers him in the right direction comedically.
He's too big, everyone around him relies on him for employment.
If you watch that Billy Madison movie, there's something weird and dark going on throughout that whole movie. It was a pleasant enough early-90s comedy, but with this creepy undertone.
Happy Gilmore had some of that weird dark humor too, but by the time they got to Waterboy, it was pretty much what you see today. Very bland and as broad as possible.
>>
>>84833865

Pretty spot on. Everyone enjoys his stuff when you're younger but most of it doesn't hold up. Happy GIlmore I would say still holds up really well today, Billy Madison to a lesser degree with some rough scenes.

He's mastered the art of jewing money on easy comedies though, I'll give him that. Last half decent thing of his was probably Anger Management, and that wasn't good.
>>
>>84833865
I remember listening to his cd's in high school and cracking up with his flatulent hypnotist and toll booth willy.
>>
Happy Gilmore is great. I like his older stuff only like waterboy etc. They were al lfun movies. I watched grown ups a few years ago and it was so shit.
>>
I like him. Yeah he's had a few bombs, but his movies are still good for some laughs.

Zohan was legitimately one of the funniest movies of the 2000s, though
>>
He was funny, but when every paid vacation you go with your friends is guaranteed to make money, it is kinda hard to give your best, or even try at all.

who can blame him, at least he has some big comedies and even some good perfomances, he was great in Punch-Drunk Love, and even some kinda melodramatical shit, like Click or Funny People, it has some soul
>>
He was funny on SNL with Chris Farley and David Spade etc. but unfortunately if you're funny on SNL, it means you then have to have a massive film career.
>>
>>84834208
THAT'LL BE A DOLLAH TWENTY FIVE SAH
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.