[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Delivers Franchise’s Biggest Promotional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 15

File: audi-spidey.jpg (63KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
audi-spidey.jpg
63KB, 446x299px
>Homecoming had a global promotional campaign that spans 30 brands

>Teaming with these incredible worldwide partners, it signals to the world that Spider-Man: Homecoming is more than a movie: it’s a global cultural event,” said Josh Greenstein, Sony’s president of worldwide marketing and distribution.

>“We have been evolving our promotional campaigns to go well beyond the 30-second spot,” added Sony’s partnerships group chief Jeffrey Godsick, who oversaw the campaign. “With longer form pieces of content, digital games and activations, and publicity stunts and events, the Spider-Man: Homecoming program best reflects this evolution.”

>Having a car tie-in always indicates how platinum a pic’s promotional campaign is, and in Homecoming‘s case they had Audi both as a promo partner and for product placement.

>Sony also teamed with Dell behind and in front of the camera with a global campaign that highlighted the PC company’s new gaming laptop, the Inspiron 15 7000. Dell products were inserted into the pic’s storyline, and the summer marketing collaboration spanned TV, cinema, print, digital advertising, outdoor, and consumer activations.

>Pizza Hut is Homecoming‘s worldwide food partner, propping up its Cheesy Bites pizza. The restaurant featured a custom TV commercial and pizza box in more than 15,000 locations globally.

And it's not all.
>>
>In the U.S. and Canada, General Mills, Synchrony, Dave & Busters and Movietickets.com, and Goodwill were among the brands involved with Homecoming. General Mills featured an “augmented reality experience” across their Big G cereal, Chex Mix, Nature Valley, Fruit by the Foot, and Fruit Roll-Ups lines whereby folks looking at certain boxes could transform themselves into Spider-Man and battle Vulture in scenes from the movie. Better than a Cracker Jack prize? How about a free Spider-Man water shooter inside the cereal box. Synchrony Bank served up a Marvel Mastercard. There was an exclusive Homecoming arcade game at Dave & Buster’s, in addition to in-store and media ads. MovieTickets had a four-pic purchase promo deal built around Homecoming. Goodwill, top YouTube talent and the YouTube Space LA partnered for a “we can all be Spider-Man” community campaign with a build-your-own suit contest.

>Outside North America, Baskin Robbins/Dunkin’ Donuts touted a gift-with-purchase and sweepstakes in 2K-plus locations in Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam. Some markets even created Spider-Man-themed ice cream cakes and new ice cream flavors. Danone Waters ran image campaigns in over 600K stories for their water products B’lue and Mizone in China, Indonesia, Philippines, and Hong Kong/Macau. Panasonic Batteries were in more than 40 European markets with a “Create Your Own Web” sweepstakes to win a trip to New York. Homecoming partnered with M&Ms in both a digital and in-theater ads throughout Europe and Asia. Mondelez (Trident and Hollywood Gum) advertised their bottle pack range with an on-pack Homecoming campaign across France, Spain, Portugal and Greece.
>>
>Other global Homecoming partners included Asus, Bimbo, Jetstar, KEF, Kellogg’s, Lieferheld, Pepsico, Plus, Roady, Snickers, Sony Mobile, Oppo, Optus, UK’s Compare the Market price comp website and the French Ministry of Transport and Security. Homecoming had a big footprint in Italy via Telecom Italia Mobile with multimedia promotions.

>Doritos, which featured a Walkman-style player of the Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 soundtrack built into chip bags in North America, made inroads in China with custom Homecoming ad spots and and an in-store presence.

And I thought my country was exaggerating with 5 partnerships (that I knew of). Literally the most expensive marketing I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1365252950544.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1365252950544.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>>84828788
>it’s a global cultural event,” said Josh Greenstein
((()))
>>
>budget - 175 mil
>marketing - 140 mil
>315 mil total

Opening weekend was $256,535,853. They'll be fine.
>>
File: angry_pepe.jpg (40KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
angry_pepe.jpg
40KB, 900x900px
>Audi
>Dell
>Pizza Hut
>General Mills
>Synchrony Bank
>Dave & Busters
>Movietickets
>Goodwill
>Dunkin' Donuts
>Danone
>M&M's
>Asus
>Bimbo
>Jetstar
>KEF
>Kellogg's
>Lieferheld
>Pepsico
>Plus
>Roady
>Snickers
>Sony
>Oppo
>Optus
>UK’s Compare the Market price comp website
>French Ministry of Transport and Security
>Telecom Italia Mobile
>Doritos
Probably missed something but what the fuck were they thinking? This is insanity.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
i didn't even know there was a new spiderman movie until he showed up on my pizza box
>>
I know marketing is a huge, huge part of the business, but do they really need to spend so much? I feel like Spiderman is such a well-known brand that a new movie about him basically sells itself.
>>
>>84829143
>global cultural event
>>
>>84828788
I have not been exposed to any of these tie-ins or marketing specials all year. Gonna watch the flick with 0 corporate propaganda weighing me down.

Feels fantastic man.
>>
so is this why Spider-Man drives around in a car for no reason for part of the movie instead of, you know, web swinging? (All while Ned browses the car's website to find the specs so Peter can turn on the car light)

This movie had some of the most glaring product placement since Transformer AOE
>>
>>84830083
Yes, they did an ad for Audi with Holland as Peter taking driving lesson or some shit. I just skimmed the article.

Also est.
>$10.16M-$12.09M for SM:H's Monday
>>
File: 1329647292031.png (5KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1329647292031.png
5KB, 320x320px
>a global cultural event is buying more shit you don't need
>>
>>84830083
No he did that because he was in the suburbs and there wasn't shit to swing from. Did you not see him try and fail to traverse the suburbs that way earlier while chasing the weapons van?
>>
>>84829670
this so much

it feels like they could easily cut the promotional cost in half and still make just as much money. it's spider-man.

marvel, iron-man, spider-man that's just printing money names right there.

it's like DC struggling to sell batman, dude it's batman even the shit ones sell.
>>
>>84829670
No you need to feel the new Spiderman movie is coming with every fiber of your being in every aspect of your life

A CULTURAL PHENOMENON
>>
File: IMG_2530.jpg (53KB, 660x440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2530.jpg
53KB, 660x440px
>>84830354
Spare no expense!
>>
Just got back from seeing it. None of the product placement got in the way of enjoying the movie.
>>
>>84829050
I love how you shills take Marlel's numbers at face value...
>>
>>84828788
>Teaming with these incredible worldwide partners, it signals to the world that Spider-Man: Homecoming is more than a movie: it’s a global cultural event,” said Josh Greenstein
This is one of the most jewish sentences I've ever read.
>>
File: image.jpg (166KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 1024x682px
>>84829143

I've literally never used or even HEARD of any of these stupid companies and I NEVER will
>>
>>84830926
How are you getting internet access in venezuela?
>>
>>84830627
This. I had already bought an Audi(tm) and enjoyed a Pizza Hut cheesy bites pizza before showing up to the film with my box of General Mills Cinnamon Toast Crunch to snack on. Almost didn't get in because of the cereal but I bribed the ticket lad with my exclusive Spider-Man water shooter prize. The product placement didn't affect me at all and I thank Mr. Greenstein for that. Quite an accomplishment.
>>
File: (((coincidence))).jpg (64KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
(((coincidence))).jpg
64KB, 800x800px
>>84828788
>>84828818
>>84828899
Jesus wept
>>
>>84830203

If it's not over 12 it's less than Wonder Woman. Expect massive shit posting even if it only make two dollars less
>>
>>84828788
>140 mil

Yeah and the rest
>>
>>84830926
Why is that kitty so mad?
>>
>>84829623
Judging by the fact you're posting on /tv/ I highly doubt that friendo, unless you're a newfag and live under a rock
>>
>those opening weekend drops
lmao
>>
>140m marketing

LMAO
>>
>>84828788
nothing new here, those sony jews are even better than those disney jews at shamefully selling ads.
>>
>>84829670
its mutual benefit

the cereals sell more if they have spiderman on it, it's not to sell movie tickets only
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>84828788
>>Teaming with these incredible worldwide partners, it signals to the world that Spider-Man: Homecoming is more than a movie: it’s a global cultural event,” said Josh Greenstein, Sony’s president of worldwide marketing and distribution.

>Spider-Man: Homecoming is more than a movie: it’s a global cultural event,” said Josh Greenstein

>Josh Greenstein

This is why there is a /pol/
>>
>>84829143
>French Ministry of Transport and Security

What...
>>
>>84828788

>budget:175M
>marketing: 140M

B-but I thought you always doubled the budget. Does this mean all the shit about JW, BvS and CW needing 500M to break even is bullshit?
>>
Maximum Carnage movie when
>>
File: un.png (769KB, 1080x494px) Image search: [Google]
un.png
769KB, 1080x494px
>$315 Million+ Budget

HAHAHHHHHA
>>
Monday drop over 60%.
>>
>>84839066
Are you shitting me? That's ridiculous.
>>
>>84839101

No that's normal. Wonder Woman did the same But since Spidey made less on Sunday than WW did on her first it will also do less on the Monday. Get ready for fun posting
>>
Guaranteed flop it needs somewhere around 800 million domestic to break even.
>>
>>84839129
Basically.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?view=daily&id=2017superhero.htm
>>
>>84839152
I heard it needs 2+ billion since this is the two biggest Marvel superheroes in the same film.
>>
File: 1499655544730.jpg (91KB, 1280x834px) Image search: [Google]
1499655544730.jpg
91KB, 1280x834px
>>84838459
stop posting shoops, here's a real pic from the movie
>>
>>84839197
yeah you're right probably another 200 million from the budget went to robert downey jr.
>>
>>84838459
why would an xbox 360 game have that high a budget?
>>
Iron Spider will 100% make more money overseas than in the US, I think that's a guarantee.
>>
>>84839193
>that GoTG2 drop
JUST
>>
>>84839243
Monday drops are usually pretty steep.
>>
>Hasnt come out in shithole countries yet
Wonder woman did well nobody is doubting that, spidey will mop the floor with her chinks, poos and dune coons love spiderman
>>
>>84829050
You know these studios jews usually make those movies to expect the profit to be 3 times what they spent.
>>
>>84839241

Pretty much all films do so not much of a prediction
>>
>>84829050
>They'll be fine.
>includes non-dom in BO
>>
>>84839290
>spidey will mop the floor with her chinks, poos and dune coons love spiderman
That's a fact, there are even articles about how India loves Spider-man more than the US.
>>
>>84839334

Who doesn't love Spider-Man more than the US?
>>
>>84839334
Yep, that's why they had that scene with Stark at that Indian wedding. They usually pander to the slanty eyed mongloids
>>
>>84839334

>India

>Spider-Man $5,396,829
>2 $6,566,330
>3 $16,402,484
>ASM $14,547,791
>ASM 2 $13,606,274

Yeah they seem like huge fans.
>>
>>84839530
> Whatever the studios' intent, Indian audiences have given the new picture a hearty welcome, with a 41.7 crore rupees / $6.45 million opening weekend that established a new record for Sony Pictures' India releases.
>>
File: India-Spider-Man.jpg (86KB, 960x711px) Image search: [Google]
India-Spider-Man.jpg
86KB, 960x711px
>>84839530
>There can be only one country that loves Spider-Man more than all others. You might think that would be the United States of America, where Peter Parker was born. Americans love Spider-Man so much that they've placed three of his movies among the top 50 highest-grossing Hollywood films in their domestic box office history.

>But that's mere puppy love compared to the infatuation Indians have shown for the radioactively empowered wall crawler. By several measures, India has demonstrated a far greater passion for Spider-Man than America has.

>For starters, Indians can scoff at the box office rankings Spider-Man has earned in the USA. In India, they have showered Spidey's movies with so much box office love that his films account for three of the top ten highest grossing Hollywood movies in the country's history, with Spider-Man 3 at number 7, The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) at number 9, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) at number 10. No other movie superhero has even a single solo film in the top 10. It took a whole host of superheroes teaming up in one movie, Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron, to out-gross Spidey in India (the 2015 film ranks 6th among Hollywood movies there).

>Furthermore, Indians are so taken with Peter Parker that they made him their own, with a character named Pavitr Prabhakar starring in a comic book series called "Spider-Man India." The adaptation was initially conceived by the legendary Indian director Satyajit Ray, who had once met Stan Lee in New York specifically to discuss creating an Indian version of the masked superhero. Though Ray died before the books were created, creators Sharad Devarajan, Suresh Seetharaman, and Jeevan J. Kang eventually teamed up with Marvel to create a four-book series.
>>
>>84839562

Yeah I don't give a fuck about your gay little article. Numbers don't lie.
>>
>>84839509
>Stark at that Indian wedding
Oh shit I forgot that. Blatant.
>>
>>84839530
Marvel Pajeets meme is real.
>>
>>84829143
>no Krispy Kreme
dropped
>>
>>84839574
>i wonder why people who still shit in streets dont pay as much for movies as white people countries
>>
>>84829670

Well maybe they want to make that the excuse when they try and get away from Marvel Studios.

IT DIDN'T REACH EXPECTATIONS
>>
>>84839669
They really should distance themselves from the MCU. Kicking Raimi was in hindsight a huge mistake.
>>
>>84829050
Marketing money flows both ways too.
Man of Steel had already made its money back before the first ticket had been sold due to all the cross-promotion
>>
Is BudgetPosting the absolute worst posting on /tv/
>>
>>84839653

Let's ignore their own massive film industry though right ?
>>
>>84839750

/tv/ doesn't know how these films make money. Even Wonder Woman had cross promotion even though product placement was impossible in a period piece
>>
>>84839691

I honestly just want something to stick this time. In my lifetime I've seen three fucking reboots. I'm over it. Just run with it and see what happens for once.

I have heard rumors though from earlier threads that they are already planning on trying to break away. I mean look at the shit they're supposedly doing with their "venom" film that will have nothing to do with the MCU
>>
File: IMG_0733.jpg (113KB, 937x1171px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0733.jpg
113KB, 937x1171px
(((Greenstein)))
>>
>>84839799

Nah it's fun arguing facts and figures instead of opinions. You would only get triggered if you picked a side
>>
>>84829670
Yeah but why should anyone care? There's obvious brand recognition but they've been done to death at this point. They need to make it feel big and all-encompassing so people feel like they're missing out if they don't go.
>>
Sometimes I feel like my worldview is completely warped because I don't watch ads like a peasant. If it wasn't for faggots posting about this movie here, I literally wouldn't have any idea it even existed. I don't even know who the new spidey is, because who gives a shit?
>>
>>84839294

>he thinks Spider-Man wont break 1billion

This isn't DC lad. People actually watch Marvel movies.
>>
This movie had the best spiderman but the worst set up for a franchise.

How could they cut Uncle Ben, have his identity revealed to so many people and an ugly MJ?
>>
>>84839921
lol you haven't seen the drops have you?
>>
>>84840031
/tv/ cannot into drops. Try telling that anon that by the 3rd day HC alread went down by 49%.
>>
>>84839921

Just like GOTG2 right ?
>>
File: acceptable.png (553KB, 1080x461px) Image search: [Google]
acceptable.png
553KB, 1080x461px
>>84838459
>>
>>84839892

I had no idea there was a new spiderman movie until I saw a thread on /tv/ a few days ago
>>
>>84828788
>$140M spent on marketing
>$118M domestic opening weekend
JUST
>>
>>84839334
Shitskins love Marvel, those are movies their racially low IQs can fully understand. DC on the other hand has always made +$290M in the Land of the Free
>>
>>84840690
>>84839621
#Zaddy
>>
>>84836886
Probably posters on the side of busses or bus stops
>>
>>84828788
>Spider-Man: Homecoming is more than a movie: it’s a global cultural event
>it's actually another paint by numbers amnesia inducing capeflick
Why are these jews so delusional?
>>
>>84840654
are you retarded lol
>>
>>84838354
>140M
140+
Learn2read
>>
>>84830627
That says more about you than it does the movie, fyi.
>>
File: 1478665577031.jpg (66KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478665577031.jpg
66KB, 720x1080px
>>84828788
>superhero kid movie is "culture"
MORE ADS
LONGER ADS
BIGGER ADS
THIS WILL MAKE THE SHEEPLE KNOW
THAT SPIDER-MAN IS A REAL ICON TO LOOK UP TO WHEN YOUR GIRLFRIEND GETS PLOWED IN THE NEXT ROOM OVER
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.