[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are these movies so bland? I can't think of a single

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 6

File: maxresdefault.jpg (211KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
211KB, 1280x720px
Why are these movies so bland? I can't think of a single aesthetically interesting element in any one of them. The cinematography is bland, the music is bland, the lighting is bland, the costume design is bland, the locations are boring. Everything is just so generic and flat. WHY? Do these movies even have directors, or DPs, or composers?
>>
they do it just to annoy you, because they know you'll watch it anyway.

you keep saying you won't but you do, every time.

they are laughing as they take your money, again.
>>
>>84822411
As a New Yorker, this photo is very intradesting to me. I cannot figure out which order these people would have sat down in. It must have been small nig, blondie, then tubs, but that doesn't necessarily seem right. This is a mystery in subway social dynamics.
>>
At this point it's pretty much just the Russo brothers who are that transparently bland and visually empty, though it is the sort of house style, you're right. But with Gunn, Taika, and Even Reed/Derrickson things are looking up.
>>
>>84822373
No artistic voice = no risk of alienating general audiences. These are money making movies only. No passion.
>>
File: 1487931084238.jpg (283KB, 1024x860px) Image search: [Google]
1487931084238.jpg
283KB, 1024x860px
>>84822373
>>
>>84822508
The subway exists in other municipalities along w/ the very same social awkwardness. It probably went, fat guy first on far right. Then while it was still less crowded, the girl, but on far left with a space in between. The gentleman on the left gets on and notices the space quickly, and sort of nods at it/her politely and she's forced to scoot over to the right, flash against or protagonist.
>>
File: 1490455823562.jpg (36KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490455823562.jpg
36KB, 600x400px
>>84822550
The Russos formula, VERY autistic/toddler/elderly friendly, easy to follow, told when to laugh. Not evocative or cinematic like those confusing DC movies.
>>
>>84822508
That's why I prefer the older trains with the bucket seats. There's only enough room for one ass per seat at most, so there's no question of whether or not you should have to move over.
>>
>>84822411
>the oh so edgy /b/ Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers

is there anyone on /tv/ that actually had a childhood, how can you find that edgy jesus christ
>>
>>84822601
Even though you didn't say anything, I agree. The first few movies has awesome set pieces, color, and characters I cared about and enjoyed watching their adventures.

You'd think with bigger budgets and fatter pockets these huge set pieces would only be more grand.

I think the common issue now with sequels to any of these movies is the time crunch. When you're working on the first movie, you have more time for creativity. For imagination and attention to detail. Though, when working on a sequel, you have a year and a half, really, to make it all happen.
>>
File: 1499703271023.jpg (503KB, 1920x2932px) Image search: [Google]
1499703271023.jpg
503KB, 1920x2932px
Remember mahvel is for white people and so is this board.
>>
>>84822373
Idk how the MCU wouldn't benefit from a little variety. This insistence on mediocrity must be mandated by the executives, so I guess it's a money maker? Doctor Strange was the last one for me, if you don't like these movies simply don't support them and watch other ones, complaining about them but paying to see Spider-Man does nothing
>>
>>84822903
now post Gwen, Ned, MJ and Flash.
>>
>>84822903
Reddit hates DC and larbs Marvel.
>>
2 Bee Faire
Marvel gets good reviews and makes a lot money despite fifty percent of their output being literally unwatchable
and maybe making 3 actually good (outside the capeshit genre) films. Not great but a solid 7/10 film.
why try to make something good when u still get good reviews for absolute garbage
>>
>>84822903
white-dildo-up-their-asses-liberals maybe
>>
>>84823195
>why try to make something good when u still get good reviews for absolute garbage

And this is what I will never understand. Why is it that critics haven't gotten sick of Marvel yet? Everybody bemoans the state of the modern Hollywood foreign-money-grubbing-reboot-launching-unoriginal-repetitive-oppressively-mediocre blockbuster, but Marvel (easily the worst offender) is UNTOUCHABLE. Every single time.
>>
File: gosling31.gif (484KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
gosling31.gif
484KB, 500x249px
>Aw Hell's yeah, gonna go see the new Avengers which us out on my 29th birthday! Gonna wear my Thor T-shirt shaped like his armor to it too! Ha e you seen my hilarious chibi art spideman homecoming Facebook cover photo. WHAAAAAAATTTT, you DONT collect Funco pops? DUDE I have a whole cabinet full of them they are Awe-to the-some! The next avenegers is going to be sooooo dark too, I just know it. I hope I get the limited edition poster for it in my loot crate tomorrow, can't freakin' wait!!

BRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPTTTTT

T. Average western adult
>>
>>84822373
Because Disney. It's capeshit for hamburger fed plebians with lower than average IQ. The only one that is somehow fresh was Guardians of the Galaxy, I liked the imagery.
>>
>>84823073
Are they main heroes?
>>
>>84823485
Was it not "Diversity: le Motion Picture"?
>>
>>84822903
daily reminder that the marvel subreddit has twice the subscribers than the dc subreddit
>>
>>84822903
blonde aquaman and blonde flash are always boring.
only arrow should stay blonde
>>
>>84823350
Because it's Disney. Disney gets a pass on everything.
>>
File: Iris_West.jpg (126KB, 687x499px) Image search: [Google]
Iris_West.jpg
126KB, 687x499px
>>84823532
Is that a yes then?
Do you want the television roles on the image too or just movie ones like picture related?
>>84823592
Why do you /co/ liberals hate aryans so much?
>>
>>84823667
Is Iris West a main hero? But you're right, the numbers don't lie. Just look at the /r/movies poll for BvS compared to Homecoming. It's clear reddit is just a bunch of Marvel-hating DChads

https://youpoll.me/3327/r

http://polljunkie.com/poll/cajezm/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-rmovies-poll/view
>>
>>84823964
>Is Iris West a main hero?
Thats what I asked here >>84823485
>But you're right, the numbers don't lie.
Where am I talking about numbers?
>Just look at the /r/movies poll for BvS compared to Homecoming. It's clear reddit is just a bunch of Marvel-hating DChads
But you're browsing reddit
>>
>>84822411
Stop posting this shit. Several people have made arguments against this. You are just being racist. 4chan doesn't really understand racism though.
>>
>>84824088
>Those nogs you posted don't count because they're not main characters, oh by the way, check out this secondary character on a TV show that illustrates my point

Look, it's fine that you like Marvel, but don't try to pass them off as anything but normie flicks. It's far and above the most mainstream and popular franchise of the modern era.
>>
>>84824210
>NO IT'S NOT, IT'S ONLY LOVED BY MUH SERCRET NAZI CLUB REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>84822480
I won't. I haven't even seen one of those movies. The Marvel threads interest me for some reason
>>
>>84824210
So you're saying the image should have everyone else and just main heroes?
Also the secondary already posted above is from the 2020 movie
>>
>>84822903
>>84823964
>you're reddit! no you are!

Who fucking cares. Get over your obsession with that website
>>
>>84824337
I'm saying you're an insufferable faggot and Marvel sucks big nigger cocks.
>>
>>84822508
>Tfw live in Prague where the sub has individual seats
>>
>>84824460
You could try /co/ then? Thats where most anti-white liberal posters hangout
>>
>>84822373
>bland
you mean focus-tested as to not to offend anyone anywhere at all?

it works, don't fix what ain't broke

think elevator music. it's not hip hop or death metal or dubstep, because, hell, someone might get angry / don't like it.

your goal is to be mildly annoying, that's the path to success.
>>
>>84825396
That's why my spotify is an endless elevator music playlist.
>>
Aside from GOTG 1&2, Mahvel has cucked Hollywood as a whole, now there's nothing but sequels aimed at creating cinematic universes...feelsbadman
>>
>>84825396
every time you make an artistic statement, you are alienating some of your potential audience
>>
>>84825430
2deep4me
>>
>>84822373
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukk5TJL27pE

inb4 reddit video, he's still right.
>>
>>84822373
Because that is what the DC shill bots want us to believe.
>>
>>84822373
>Why are these movies so bland? I can't think of a single aesthetically interesting element in any one of them.
Because they're not meant to appeal to you. They're meant to appeal to children, and their parents who buy the related merchandise.
>>
>>84822373
It's American cinema for Americans.
Bland movies for a bland people.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.