[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never realized it before but in this scene all Miller does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: miller-03-large.jpg (55KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
miller-03-large.jpg
55KB, 600x325px
I never realized it before but in this scene all Miller does is send most of his guys to their deaths while Horvath criticizes him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xPYTXmjInc&ab_channel=XROUND

This plus losing 94 men under his command, plus the attack on the MG nest where Wade dies means he's just supposed to be a bad leader, right? Nobody was betting on what he was in civilian life because he was some kind of mysterious warrior. They were just wondering what possible profession this guy could have had given that he's always fucking up.
>>
"Flying Over OP's Head", the movie, starring OP.
>>
"it was a tough assignment. that's why you got it"

????
>>
>>84799003
i dont think thats what it was
>>
>>84799167
Tough != important
>>
>>84799003
A lot of men can die in combat regardless of the skill of the leadership
t. was in the Canadian Marines in Vietnam
>>
>muh defilade
>>
>>84800447
Was Vietnam like it was in the movies, sir?
>>
It was a different time
>>
>>84800509
Worse, course I can't tell you about it, classified and all that.
>>
File: hack.png (703KB, 851x428px) Image search: [Google]
hack.png
703KB, 851x428px
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>84799003
>I never realized it before but in this scene all Miller does is send most of his guys to their deaths while Horvath criticizes him.
The whole bunch of guys who storm the German fortifications are his men though, he's a captain, which means he commands a company, which is around 150 guys depending.
>>
>>84800629
He wanted Parker to bust a move and get funky
>>
>>84800612
Oh so you weren't there and are just an underage role player. kek and the other loser calling you sir.
>>
>>84800629
The pathetic man animal's dome is about to be blown.
>>
>>84799003
Both world wars were like that. Human lives were not as important as nowadays, in the sense that there wouldn't be so much political backlash if you sent thousands of men to a certain death.

In Europe, some cities were burned to the ground with 0 (zero) strategical advantage, but you didn't hear much protestations on the other side of the Atlantic.
>>
>>84800875
The sergeant seemed to care
>>
>>84799167
It was a sideshow. They wanted him out of the way.
>>
>>84799003
Depends, lets say during D day his company was fighting against a company sized force that was well entrenched around their artillery (the objective). They have their sectors of fire, cover and time.

Miller's men ended up taking the objective so we can assume a 90%+ casualty rate for the Germans (around 500?). Which isn't to bad considering Miller was going off little Intel with no time to assault the position.
>>
>>84800447

ohsome folks were born made to raise the flag
ooh the red white and blue
>>
>>84800447
IT AINT ME
>>
>>84799003

A lot of officers got canned following D-Day because of incompetence. If Tom Hanks made the cut he was probably worth something to military command.
>>
File: 1498155750112.jpg (87KB, 735x490px) Image search: [Google]
1498155750112.jpg
87KB, 735x490px
>>84803849
Is France even real?
>>
>>84799003
Hanks is steadily cracking up throughout the movie, and makes poorer and poorer decisions. His trembling hands are a visual clue, as are his attempts to justify himself in the church scene.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.