[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we talk about how The Great Wall was actually fucking awesome?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: IM KINO IN 3D.jpg (171KB, 1008x1425px) Image search: [Google]
IM KINO IN 3D.jpg
171KB, 1008x1425px
Can we talk about how The Great Wall was actually fucking awesome? Genuinely great action, much better than usual for Hollywood (no doubt thanks to Zhang Yimou), great visuals, and surprisingly Matt Damon giving one of his best performances in a long time.

I'm glad this movie actually did pretty well thanks to China loving a movie about China.
>>
>>84797866
I no joke watched it tonight. It was fucking horrid. Every scene that isn't an action scene is a ridiculous infodump about GUNPOWDER and TAO TEI. Matt Damon is a boring character and sleepwalks through the entire thing. I did not buy him finding humility at all. And then Wilem Dafoe, who is quite literally in the movie for no reason other than to provide exposition and then he leaves. Ok? And the creatures were supposed to be getting smarter but they all just stop attacking and stare at the queen like retards giving Damon multiple chances to shoot his bomb arrow. Costumes were amazing. Music was amazing. Action was OK. Everything else was terrible. Damn shame.
>>
>>84797866

It was a terrible movie with awesome props and set design. Loved the work that went into all the nutty factions in the army and such.
>>
File: 4e9.jpg (38KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
4e9.jpg
38KB, 501x585px
Fuck off Chang. It was poorly written, badly produced, horrifically acted, bland garbage. The Bay transformers movies are unironically far superior and they themselves are shit.

Stop shilling your third world dirtholes shitty movies
>>
>>84797866
>and surprisingly Matt Damon giving one of his best performances in a long time.
This is where I stopped reading, even though it was all pretty stupid before that. You must be fucking retarded
>>
>>84798121
Well good job reading almost the whole post, I guess.

Why does that bother you? You don't like Matt Damon? Or you like him and you think he did better in something else? What, then?
>>
>>84798437
That was one of his worst performances.
>>
>>84798523
Name a good recent performance by him.
>>
>>84798050
I would have liked a bit more screentime/development for Dafoe's character, true. For someone who had been there for 25 years he wasn't very loyal to them. You'd think after all those years he would have some respect for their cause and would be better friends with some of the people there.
>>
Pedro Pascal tho
>>
>>84797866
Fucking awesome is an exaggeration

It's was ok. I liked Pedro.
>>
Never call a movie awesome on /tv/. They will tell you how shit it is.

Instead call it shit and you'll get people who tell you it was actually great.
>>
>>84797866

Claiming Commander Lin.
>>
Matt Damon was an enormous miscast and Willem Dafoe's character was completely pointless.
>>
>>84800967
Who would you have cast?

I liked that he did an accent. I've never heard him do one like this before.
>>
>>84800897
She's pretty good-looking.
>>
FREEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>84802993
you can't say that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.