[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems like this show is not remembered as fondly as DS9, Babylon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

It seems like this show is not remembered as fondly as DS9, Babylon 5, or other sci-fi series despite getting better critical reviews at the time. And it does have a sort of depressing, dark, claustrophobic feel. Will there eventually be a wave of BSG nostalgia, or is it not really that kind of show?
>>
>>84797398
As a Mormon, I deeply treasure this programme.
>>
File: 1375292166471.jpg (100KB, 597x800px) Image search: [Google]
1375292166471.jpg
100KB, 597x800px
>>84797398
It was extremely popular

Then the 4th season happened
>>
>>84797398
4th season hurt it.

But I love it.

But I am a mormon and not the first poster
>>
>>84797464
Atheist tend to hate the fourth season. I for one love the fourth season. I Loved the butthurt atheist suffered too.
>>
>>84799338
I never got that. All the God stuff was there from the original miniseries. It wasn't any kind of surprise. If anything, I was more annoyed the move away from having the Cylons as an inhuman and unforgiving enemy. Once they started cooperating more with the Cylons the whole thing went down hill.

Oh yeah, and I thought the whole skin job thing was wack from the start. They just wanted to save on the cgi budget.
>>
>>84797398
>Will there eventually be a wave of BSG nostalgia, or is it not really that kind of show?

I kind of feel like it isn't that sort of show. It never built a solid fanbase and following; sure people *like* it but I've never seen any evidence there's a large group obsessed with it like other series. It was overall pretty good. But it'll probably end up like the show it is most a product of (outside of the original BSG), Space: Above and Beyond. Watchable, enjoyable, but not that popular

Honestly I think Farscape has built a much larger post-airing audience than BSG has
>>
>>84799460
>Oh yeah, and I thought the whole skin job thing was wack from the start. They just wanted to save on the cgi budget.

I've always thought this. The skinjobs were fucked from the start, the writers never really used the "who is a Cylon" plots effectively; it's almost as though they didn't care enough about instilling a mystery element there. Then whenever a Cylon character actually has sustained contact with a human, regardless of how brutal they were, they rethink their beliefs and turn more or less "good" or at least questioning and gray. They drive to genocide humanity in its entirety is never properly justified or made logical in anyway; hell under what definition are the skinjobs even "cylons" or related to the pre-war models?
>>
>>84799338
Yea I think it goes along unnoticed because of that fourth season.
>>
>>84799460
It was always John. It was never the others. Dorals and Simons sided with him, but it was mainly John Cavil. And in the end he killed himself like a typical narcissistic uber cunt. There wasn't any plot hole there.
>>
>>84797464
>>84797398
CLUE: season two was already retarded
>>
>>84797420
>It's the guy who hates Mormons and has never seen either Battlestar Galactica

You're still confusing 1978 and 2004.
>>
I really liked this show. Of all the Sci-fi shows I like, this one probably recieved the highest critical acclaim. It was a great show. The problem, it was almost too good for re-watch comfy. For example, I can watch some Stargate anytime. SG1, SGA, SGU, it's all good. You got the nice comfy mix of Action, Comedy, Drama, Sci-fi. BSG was just a great show, it just doesn't always fall into the mindless comfy zone you want for re-watchable sci-fi.
>>
>>84797398
>WAAAH WHY THEY DON'T WORSHIP THIS SHOW?! IT HAS MEME BATTLES AND UHM RELIGION AND SOMETHING! IT'S DEEP AND GOOD! LOL THE WEBM OF THE SHIP ENTERING ATMOSPHERE SO EPIC!!! IT WAS POPULAR THEREFORE GOOD!! WAHHHH
>>
SHAKEY CAM WITH ZOOM-INS

OUR RACE IS DIEING, LETS SEND BITCHES DIEING IN SPACEBATTLES AND LETS BE LESBIANS
>>
>>84797420
>>84799000
What significance does the show have to Mormons?
>>
>what do you smell Dunkin'?
>AS WE ALL SAY

Classic.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.