[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work at FX and got some news for you guys. 1. American Crime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Letterkenny.png (148KB, 265x330px)
Letterkenny.png
148KB, 265x330px
Work at FX and got some news for you guys.

1. American Crime Story is a franchise that is basically DOA. The Katrina season is pretty much dog shit, so much so that FX is delaying it until 2017 and going to run it and season three (Andrew Cunannan season) with a couple of month hiatus between the two and basically PRAYING the later (which is supposed to be decent) somehow manages to counteract the amount of fail of the Katrina season.

Either way, the "fourth" season is basically going to be it, the suits turn out to be wrong and seasons two doesn't kill the franchise.

2. FX is working to try and get a Shield revival going on; basically a tv movie/mini-series deal to pick up where the series left off ten years later. Problem is script; Ryan has one that he pitched for a "movie" sequel but FX hates it since it marginalizes the original characters.

Shawn Ryan and Kurt Sutter have since pitched an outline for a second script that is pretty fan-servicey: Vic is still with ICE, Antwon Mitchell as the big bad, Ronnie/Tina/Danny/Claudette/Dutch/Acaveda all having major roles in the plotline, and along with several flashback sequences so they can fit in Walt Goggins and Kenny Johnson having cameos in spite of their characters being killed off. FX liked this pitch/outline but work on a script hasn't started yet because they want to see who is willing to come back/work out a schedule so they can get everyone back.

3. FX is in negotiation to get the TV broadcast rights to Arrested Development S4 from Netflix. Netflix is interested in it because it would help them promote S5, but it won't be a straight-up re-airing.

The idea planned for it's network TV debut will be that they will re-edit the season in chronological order and include some deleted scenes, to boost viewership. IE a director's cut that will only air on FX.

4. FX is extremely high on Snowfall, so expect it to be heavily pushed by the network in promotional material and with advertising.
>>
>>84793904
Sorry, 2018 not 2017 for the first one (kind of new to the chans)
>>
>>84793904
>>84793953
see you started out strong. the first and fourth points sound somewhat believable.

but the Shield thing is just abosolutely bonkers. cameos from Walton Goggins and Kenny Johnson for flashbacks?! How fucking high are you right now?
>>
>shield revival

i dont believe you but whats the scoop on fargo? is it coming back or what?
>>
Snowfall had a decent pilot, so I can't be mad about it getting a push. What were its ratings like?
>>
>>84794042
As I mentioned beforehand, Ryan's idea for a Shield sequel is largely INO with Vic as the only returning character and the plot being akin to Creed: a young cop basically seeks out Vic to mentor him in the ways of being a corrupt cowboy cop, in order to bring justice to the streets.

Suits didn't want that; so Ryan and Sutter pitched them what they wanted: basically everyone comes back, including the dead guys.

Some of the suits did chuckle that Ryan and Sutter would even suggest bringing Shane and Lem back via flashback, as far as realizing the two were calling their bluff on what they wanted the revival to be (IE a nostalgia buffet).

>>84794155
At the moment, it's all up to the show runners if they want to continue. The series may go on hiatus again, but we'll be keeping the door open for it's return.

>>84794360
FX was happy with the ratings. I should note that FX really wants a black series to try and diversify the line-up. Atlanta was a surprise hit for the network and they want to build on that.
>>
Any news on The Americans?
>>
why didn't raylan at least get shitcanned on justified?
the ending was bullshit
>>
>>84793904
The once in a while "I worked on such and such movie/show and its shit" happens here and usually it's wrong. Only few times were right like Fant4stic and Ghostbusters XX.

So if this is true, I sure as fuck hope Chiklis tells FX to fuck themselves because a Shield follow up sounds horrendous.
>>
>>84796124
The whole point of the ending to Justified was to basically leave the window open for new stories/movies with the cast later down the line.

There was serious talk at one point about Olyphant taking his version of Raylan to the big screen.

>>84795966
It's coming back, but the writers were a bit pissed off that recent events have made people hate Russia again.

Some people in TV land who will go nameless have been subtly pressing the writers to join in on bashing Trump/Russia via doing a Trump themed story arc. They have resisted for the most part, and thank God.
>>
>>84793904
How's things looking for Baskets? Since y'all took away Man Seeking Woman and Louie is taking forever, it's all I have left.
Well that and Sunny. Any word on that too?
>>
>>84793904
>A Shield revival

fuck that.
how about a Terriers revival?
>>
>>84796517
Baskets is on the bubble.

Terriers won't come back. Critical acclaim aside, the show flopped hard. Ryan considers it to be a dead baby sort of thing, and doesn't want to revisit or try and revive it because of the bad memories
>>
>>84796517
Baskets is great
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.