[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we actually have a serious discussion about this flick ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: logo.png (303KB, 1000x338px)
logo.png
303KB, 1000x338px
Can we actually have a serious discussion about this flick ? Can we discuss its merits and pitfalls? I'll start with some pros and cons of the movie

Pros:
>Michael Keeton is great, best scenes in the movie are with him
>The villain makes sense and is well developed, for a capeshit film at least
>Tom Holland is alright
>I laughed a few times

Cons
>wtf is this alien shit from? no explanation is given at all
>bunch of highschool melodrama that I couldn't give less of a shit about
>asian r3dditor "LE CHAIR MAN XD" was cancer
>quips quips quips quips
>Why the fuck is Ironman in a Spiderman movie?
>SJW MJ looks like a man and the first love interest is urban
>shitty tropes like "omg he answered a question from the teacher w/o paying attention therefore he's super smaht XDD"
>suit looks like ass, doesn't look real at all
>cgi out the ass, did they not learn from the star wars prequels?
>no real sense of danger or tension
>massive step down from the earlier spiderman movies

Final verdict:
4/10 and that's being generous
>>
There have been like 50 discussions on this movie this weekend. I don't watch capeshit anymore so I don't usually enter these threads but we really need generals for the MCU and DCEU
>>
>>84793744
The alien stuff came from the first avengers movie you idiot.
>>
2/10 They killed Herman Schultz like nothing
>>
File: IMG_1553.png (77KB, 1291x537px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1553.png
77KB, 1291x537px
There's a plot hole in Spider-Man that's so big you could drive a truck through it.

The incident at the Washington Monument would have been investigated and treated as a TERRORIST ATTACK. The feds would have quickly figured out the source of the explosion that damaged one of America's most well known monuments. All those involved would have been found and arrested. END OF MOVIE.
>>
Apparently you can't talk about the social aspects of the movie or your thread will get deleted.
>>
>>84793744
>wtf is this alien shit from? no explanation is given at all
The Avengers. See the one off from the DVD with Lizzy Caplin
>>
>>84793981
He was white therefore he deserved to die. Deal with it
>>
>>84794015
that's not what a plot hole is. a plot hole is an internal inconsistency with the narrative. it's just poor writing. for all we know big dick tony told the feds to lay off.
>>
>>84793744
here's what I can tell about you just from your posting style:

late teens, maybe early 20s
live with your parents
just wrapped up your first year of community college, decent grades
voted trump unironically
drink at least 1 monster energy drink per day
have a blue or lime green subaru as your facebook display pic
have at least 1 tattoo with a tiger or confederate flag
don't brush your teeth daily
once had a crush on a minority girl in high school but was too much of a pussy to talk to her
you unironically pay for shark cards in GTA online
>>
>>84794110
It's a plot hole that ruins the movie

>Tony told the Feds not to investigate a terrorist bombing at a national monument

Nah, fuck off mate.
>>
>>84794157
Kill yourself, reddit.
>>
>>84793921
>>84794043
A movie shouldn't have to depend on its audience to see its predecessors to understand what's going on
For example, The Empire Strikes Back
>>84794157
check
no
get rid of community and check
no
no
no
no
no
yes
no
>>
Though I can understand the humor can be reddit tier. but i believe it fits what they going for. At least its not another retelling and took some risks. MJ being a gothic bitch got me a few laughs.
>>
>>84794326
Not op, but I was cringing the whole time during the beginning sequence. Holy shit, was that awful. The nerd who was his friend was really getting on my nerves too, but i think he got better as the movie went on. Although it was mainly as a joke, i think a pro would be how they portrayed a young spiderman still fucking shit up as he tried to go from point a to b. Also how he begged to be rescued. At the end of the day, he IS just a kid. A con i think is how they ignore that tower they destroy in the amusement park. A shit load of people probably died there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.