[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Doggett the only underrated X-Files character ever? All the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Is Doggett the only underrated X-Files character ever? All the others seem fairly considered, whether good or bad characters, and there seems to be a general consensus, but I always felt Doggett really refreshed the show in season 8 and got the shit end of the stick because they totally forced Reyes into the show out of nowhere.

Also, X-Files general.
>>
Are all X-Fags asleep, or did you go to watch Spider-Man?
>>
Final bump of hope.
I WANT TO BELIEVE.
>>
File: Doggett.png (318KB, 338x364px) Image search: [Google]
Doggett.png
318KB, 338x364px
Most people were just upset with Mulder leaving. I enjoyed Doggett's character. It was a nice change of pace from previous seasons. The issue I have with Doggett is same issue I have with Scully. A fucking man bat flew at him from a roof and scratched his scalp off, but the next episode he is saying he has never seen anything strange or peculiar.

I want him to come back in the revival in some form.
>>
>>84780287
Robert Patrick is pretty based but this show should have ended long before he arrived.
>>
>>84780287
He was a boring vanilla character. Also constantly reminded me of Terminator 2.
>>
>>84780287
He is great. In some ways, I like him more than Mulder.
>>
>>84781218
>A fucking man bat flew at him from a roof and scratched his scalp off, but the next episode he is saying he has never seen anything strange or peculiar.
Well, I think he was never as closed minded as Scully. Of course, he still went for the more tational explanation at first, but as soon as he saw something was wrong, he was much more pragmatic than Scully about it. That's what I liked about him, and the street smarts I feel they didn't use so much.
I would've liked season 9 to be Doggett alone, with some help from Scully, and maybe gradually introduce a new rookie that would help him out and develop a relationship with naturally, instead of that forced crap they tried with Reyes and her "powers".
>>
>>84781243
This might be true, but season 8 was better than 6 & 7 and I thought it brought some fresh air into the show, with the search for Mulder and the introduction of Doggett. I think season 9 should've been about him and Scully trying to find out more about Mulder's disappearance and Doggett's kid, without any Reyes or "super-soldiers" bullshit.
I liked that he was a more down to earth guy, both in terms of not believing any crap they told him at first, but also not being stubborn enough to deny whatever the fuck happened right in front of his eyes.
>>
>>84780287
It's just because Mulder disappeared so suddenly and Doggett was the replacement. People weren't happy about it, not because it was a bad character or a bad actor, but because the flow had been interrupted. It's like if they had replaced Jerry with some random in Seinfeld.
>>
Havent seen the X-files since I was a kid and it played on TV.

What are some essential kino episodes? I know some of them were pretty boring and don't care about the story, I just want the best sci-fi episodes. What season is the best?
>>
>>84782299
Mulder was shit by then anyway. I remember stopping watching it every week 'cause I was kinda tired of what Mulder had become but started watching again once they brought Doggett in. They actually managed to introduce a replacement and actually bring up the quality of the show, which isn't something that happens very often on TV shows.
Then they made season 9.
>>
>>84782434
Seasons 2-5 are the best. 1 is them finding their footing. 6-7 are auto-pilot. 8 shakes up a little bit and gets somewhat interesting again, and 9 is a fucking trainwreck.
>>
>>84782435
>Mulder was shit by then anyway
Sure, but he was still one of the main draws of the show for the majority of viewers.
>>
>>84782434
Jose chungs is universally hailed as the best

I like the thing rip off a lot in season 1
>>
>>84782581
>Jose chungs is universally hailed as the best
Yeah, but it's pretty pointless to watch it if you hadn't seen a number of episodes by then. A parody doesn't work if you're not familiar with the parodied material.
Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose is better, and more of a stand alone episode, if you wanna do one of the Darin Morgan/comedy episodes.
>>
>>84782434
Darkness Falls is the most kino, but generally season 1 is the best.
>>
>>84782519
Yes, I know, but audience numbers were still above cancellation line for season 8 and a good season 9 could've started turning things around.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.