[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Cardassians fight Federation to a standstill >Klingons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: Cardassians.jpg (140KB, 516x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cardassians.jpg
140KB, 516x400px
>Cardassians fight Federation to a standstill
>Klingons and Federation are equally matched
>Klingons obliterate the Cardassians in a week
???
>>
Don't pay any attention to DS9 or Voyager, the writers even admit they stopped caring.
>>
>>84778979
Federation seldom ever agresses. They were essentially just preventing the Cardassians from expanding.

Klingons however went on the offensive.

Cardassians were never a threat to the federation, federation just sent a few science vessels to keep them in line. Klingons send in their battleships and the Cardassians quickly learn the only time they can ever win is if their opponents are so below them they barely have space travel (Bajorans).

Cardassians were a very pathetic race the more you think about it and doubly so when you consider how behind them technologically the Bajoran's were.
>>
>>84778979

There's a difference between border skirmishes and a total war of conquest.
>>
Cardassians don't have cloaks and are less willing to do suicide runs.
>>
File: Obrien-Hard-time.jpg (27KB, 475x357px) Image search: [Google]
Obrien-Hard-time.jpg
27KB, 475x357px
>>84778979
>Miles honorably fights Cardassians to a standstill developing massive amounts of ptsd unable to fire on "civilian" insurgents while getting ied bombed by spoonheads for years.

>Klingons and Federation are equally matched.
>Klingons use the equivalent of torpedoes tipped with trilithium resin and mop up in a week.
>>
>>84778979
Klingons are unbeatable in a straight up war. The only way to defeat them is with subterfuge. Cardassians were too retarded to adapt like the Federation
>>
>>84782292
Romulans could take them.
>inb4 they all remained cloaked and nothing happens
>>
File: 1499626947436.png (704KB, 532x746px) Image search: [Google]
1499626947436.png
704KB, 532x746px
not even an A-list cast can stand up to the cardassians.
>>
Weren't the Cardassians caught by surprise by the Klingons? I'm assuming the Federation would have been caught by surprise by the Cardassians.
>>
>>84778979
Different armies have different tactics which could allow them to be at a standstill, get wrecked by, or dominate other armies. The relations between military powers is far more complex than you think.

Federation strategies could be designed in a way in which they could equally match Cardassian and Klingon strategies, but this does not at all mean Cardassians and Klingons would be equal against one another.
>>
>>84782489
Sisko warned the Cardassians via Dukat so they had nearly an hour's notice, which isn't much but it wasn't a complete surprise.
>>
>>84782292
romulans would utterly destroy klingons.
>>
>>84778979
The Federation is probably like America. They have weapons that could any war in days, but instead fight for years b/c muh mass murder.
>>
>>84778979
The whole concept of the Federation_Cardassian war and especially with the Mquis following was lazy written.
>>
>>84782362
>>84782647
is this head canon, or were Klingons once the Romulan's slave race?
>>
>>84778979
What do you think trekkies? Would you? (Of course you would).
>>
>>84782967
Wrong that just once worked together to exchange tech. It is hinted that they were even alliesnwith the Romulands giving them the cloaking technology while the Romulans got the D7 Ship blueprints.
>>
File: 1498862656002.gif (469KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1498862656002.gif
469KB, 300x225px
>>84783104
That's a stupid question
>>
>>84783104
Is she fertile?
>>
>>84783104

In a heartbeat. O'brien was such a fag for turning her down
>>
>>84779567
>t.bajoran terrorist
>>
>>84783482
He was too busy thinking about superior Asian pussy
>>
File: keiko.jpg (105KB, 694x530px) Image search: [Google]
keiko.jpg
105KB, 694x530px
>>84783612
I hope you mean his daughter because Keiko is gross.
>>
>>84783829
would any of you guys watch a future trek with O'Briens daughter, played by a QT half Irish/Asian actress, with a knack for Engineering and the sort?
>>
>>84783104
bet their really into bondage
>>
>>84784662
I'm gonna watch STD so i'll basically watch anything Trek
>>
>>84778979
>Cardassians fight Federation to a standstill
It was a glorified border skirmish to the Federation and it bled the Cardassians dry
>>
Cardassia had just suffered huge losses when the Obsidian Order was destroyed. Reminder that France was one of the world's great powers in 1940 yet they got conquered in 46 days
>>
File: babylonDS9.jpg (221KB, 341x496px) Image search: [Google]
babylonDS9.jpg
221KB, 341x496px
>>84778979
federation has rules
klingons don't
>>
>>84786343
>DS9
>UPN
Nice try. Please do a little more research next time.
>>
>>84785167
THIS...they are a passionate, sensual people...Dukat fathering LEGIONS of half/breeds, professional engineering chicks DEMANDING to be bred on duty btw, Princess Dukat thirsty AF for Garak's cock, Tain impregnating his maid..etc
>>
How are Klingons even a threat?
In one of the TOS movies 1 moon explodes and they are out of energy and their possible war effort becomes no-existent
>>
>>84778979
You're leaving out the part where there was a civil war on Cardassia to the point that information wasn't leaving the empire.
>>
File: Michael-Eddington[1].jpg (46KB, 474x530px) Image search: [Google]
Michael-Eddington[1].jpg
46KB, 474x530px
>>84787552
maybe the federation gave them a bunch of free industrial replicators.
>>
>>84786314
The Founders that infiltrated the Cardassian government also certainly survived too, seeing as Disgraced Dukat, freighter Captain and Nobody Extraordinaire, was able to get negotiate his way to head of the government.

>>84787552
>their possible war effort becomes no-existent
They say in the movie they have 50 years of life left. If they all spent that on an all-out war on the Federation, even if they didn't win they'd probably capture enough planets to sort themselves out, and be able to keep them in exchange for a peace treaty.
>>
>>84787552
In that they paralleled the Soviet Union during the cold war, at that point, they were disintegrating.

And hence Kirk's response to "They're dying."

"THEN LET THEM DIE!" He wanted them dead and buried.
>>
Romulans weren't as strong as everyone thinks.
>>
>>84788563
>"THEN LET THEM DIE!" He wanted them dead and buried.
Oh, thanks for explaining what that line meant. I was confused until I read your post. I was all like "Jeez, does he want to let them die or something? I don't get it."
>>
>>84779567
Yah thew show never really shows the Cardassians pre-Dominion alliance as any sort of existential threat to the Federation (unlike the Romulans and Klingons), more of just a regional threat.
>>
>>84787552
>>84787879
Strange thing: TOS has them collapsing what with their moon, TNG and DS9 shows the federation as (the way I saw it) more advanced and populous but less mobilized... but there's also this one TNG alt-history episode where the klingons are about to win the war against the federation (after a clearly protracted war).
>>
>>84788882
>TNG alt-history episode where the klingons are about to win the war against the federation (after a clearly protracted war).
I think that was based on implications that the Federation was facing the Klingons head on and the Romulans were either aiding the Klingons in their downfall or were jabbing the Federation in their own ways on the other side of the fight.
>>
Think about it. All Starfleet personnel are bored volunteers who do it as a hobby. Most Starfleet ships are glorified cruise liners. Even then, Starfleet wiped the floor against multiple threats coming from all sides. Imagine if Starfleet truly geared up for total war. Imagine if they user transporter, replicator, cloning, AI etc etc tech to the max destructive potential. Heck, they even rarely use Tricobalt torpedoes that can literally tear the fabric of space time. So, no. The Cardies are like North Korea. Existing due to sufference of everyone around them.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.