[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

organic vs web shooters which makes more sense? do they explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 23

File: 351295-165946-web-shooters.jpg (19KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
351295-165946-web-shooters.jpg
19KB, 400x240px
organic vs web shooters

which makes more sense?

do they explain it in Homecoming?
>>
>>84760649
Web shooters make more sense obviously. I don't know what you mean by "explain it" but in Homecoming they show Peter make his web fluid in Chemistry class by mixing some chemicals before it erupts and he hides it in his desk
>>
Neither because its a fucking movie about a dude in a satin mask.

I remembr peopl getting all autistic about Raimiman shooting webs naturally and I would think to myself "its a movie. Shut the fuck up"
>>
His web shooters in Homecoming can do more stuff. There's things like taser-web, web-mines and others I forget.
>>
>>84760649
>>84760693
They're both stupid, but the web shooter makes slightly more sense. Think about how much webbing Spidey shoots. If that's bodily material, he'd be using a fuck ton of calories to replenish lost mass. And considering how much web slinging he does, according to the movies, he uses more than his body could realistically replenish within such a short time frame. Then again he can lift an entire car over his head.
>>
>>84760649
Web shooter. I find him conveniently obtaining the glands to create web in his wrist (as opposed to his ass) too much to accept.
>>
>>84760693
do they explain how he got his powers and how he sticks to walls?
>>
>>84760822
when you start applying real life physics to a super hero movie you've already fucked up

like he exists in the same universe as the hulk who fucking cares about how many calories he is using to jizz out of his wrist
>>
>>84760845
Peter tells Ned he got bit by a Spider.

If you're asking if they explain his stickiness like the micro-hairs on Tobey's fingers from the original, no.
>>
>>84760649
Neither. It's a movie about a man in a mask with spider powers who fights other idiots with magic powers.
>>
nice satanic allegory
seek help in the bible
>>
>>84760693
>suddenly after the bite hes able to throw around cars like its nothing
>yeah artificial webshooter makes so much more sense
>>
File: bwb38g0ezz8y.png (206KB, 604x370px) Image search: [Google]
bwb38g0ezz8y.png
206KB, 604x370px
>>84760882
>Then again he can lift an entire car over his head.
>>
>>84760822
Do you also think quicksilver needs to replenish his calorie intake every time he uses his speed skill eh?
>>
>>84761006
they should show him eating a ton of food every once in a while, and he can eat it fast
>>
>>84761006
It'd be kinda funny
>>
Mechanically built web shooters don't make any sense when Peter Parker could just patent the stuff and become a billionaire. Organic web shooters solve that problem
>>
>>84760649
Mechanical ones, I find the organic ones to be fucking gross
>>
>>84760822
>realistically
>>
File: 1494113892296.png (48KB, 206x203px) Image search: [Google]
1494113892296.png
48KB, 206x203px
>>84760822
I think it'd be cool to have them be organic but have it so he can't use them for long durations.

Maybe make it so he requires more food but due to being low-wage can't get what he needs and has to resort to cannibalism, stripping flesh from the villains he fights.
>>
The guy's whole schtick is that he has spider powers, so why the fuck does web slinging make any less sense than wall climbing and his other powers?

Also, it makes no sense that some high school kid could create this miracle substance that would make him literally millions if he patented the process. Think of all the industrial uses of that miracle webbing substance. This kid is supposed to go to a fucking public high school for fucks sake
>>
>>84760753
>heh, i just came into this thread to shitpost
>>
It always seemed dumb to have all the powers of a spider except FUCKING WEB MAKING
>>
>>84760822
>CALORIES AND SHIEEET
"science proven" capeshit is the worst to come out of geek culture
>>
>>84761357
There's nothing wrong with explanations to things. I mean even fantasy stuff like LOTR isn't complete random bullshit - you wouldn't accept a purple dragon falling from the sky randomly.
>>
>>84761108
>>84761158
In the comics, he only gets the inherent knowledge of how to make web fluid, and even then it takes him several years to perfect it to the point where it wouldn't just dissolve after a few hours.
He does end up patenting his web fluid though, which is how he gets rich and sets up Parker Industries
>>
>>84761108
>>84761158
He cared to much about living up to Ben's expectation of responsibility. He took that as focusing on being a hero with guys powers (to the point that it ruins his personal life), not getting rich. Parker was really bad with money management for a long time anyway, but in comics he eventually has his own tech company.
>>
>>84760649
Organic since that one anon pretended to be the writer of Raimi's Spider-Man the other day. His kino reasoning was indisputable. Other than that I don't really care which they do.
>>
File: 1423328835931.png (312KB, 601x595px) Image search: [Google]
1423328835931.png
312KB, 601x595px
>>84761357
No space toilets in Star Wars. No calorie counting in my capeshit.
WHAT THE FUCK DISNEY
>>
>>84760649
Organic web shooters make more sense. It's fucking stupid that a high school kids has the material needed to invent some sticky webbing that's strong enough to hold up tons but is loose like silk.
>>
The question isn't even about "what makes more sense." That's a stupid question.

The question you need to be asking is "Which has the option for more dramatics." The answer, of course, is web-shooters. Because if he runs out of fluid mid-fight, it can be harrowing. He'll need to scramble to get another cartridge in, while fighting.

Sure, that can be a throw-away, as it was like 14 times in Homecoming, but the option is there.
>>
>>84761006
>>84761054
They do show it in the films. If you slow down the playback, you can see him eat a snickers bar every 1/24 frame.
>>
>>84760649
the organic web shooters never made sense and diminished from peter parker's character. The web shooters showed that he was more than just his powers.
>>
>>84760822
Yeah calories are a much bigger issue than a lower middle class kid being able to invent a new material with no resources...

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>84761608
Didn't he run out of powers in spider-man 2 because he was sad and shit?
>>
>>84761608
>Because if he runs out of fluid mid-fight, it can be harrowing. He'll need to scramble to get another cartridge in, while fighting.

This was only compelling in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon
>>
>>84761308
>He also didn't grow 4 more appendages and 3 more pairs of eyes
>>
>>84761357
The more grounded in reality the more creative you can be, actually. The problem is a lot of the tools who push that shit are uncreative retards.
>>
he should have a craving for eating flies

and excessively hairy body
>>
>>84761646
>They're both stupid
hmmmm
>Didn't say anything about who invented it.
And it is stupid for a high school kid to invent something like that which is probably why Raimi went with the organic webbing.
>>
>>84761651
Yes, in Spider-Man 2, they haphazardly recreated that possible situational drama as an analogy for erectile dysfunction, and when he was sad he couldn't stick to walls or shoot webs.

It's like someone pointed out to them that there is inherent drama in him losing/running out of web-shooters and they had to write a cockamamie reason for it to happen biologically.
>>
If he's going to make webs then he should at least have to spin it with his buttcheeks.
>>
it was supposed to be organic originally, when you think of a spider, the webs are usually the first thing you think of

but lee couldn't have it be a bodily fluid due to the comics code authority at the time, so they got around it by saying he made the shooters, which is cool because it's showcases his intelligence, but slightly stupid that the government, 3M, chemical corps, wouldn't be able to make it

something about the bite from the spider might have given him the clues to figure out the formula or some bullshit i think unless they changed it
>>
>>84761606
Parker is a genius though, mostly with chemistry but also at engineering. This has been part of his character since his inception and I don't know how most of you faggots questioning this don't know that already. He's not some dumbass kid, just under privileged. In Marvel canon, he's in the top ten heroes in terms of intelligence.
>>
>>84761801
It would've been easier to suspend disbelief if Parker had been a chem grad in college when he invented the shooters. That environment is also good for setting up his origin story with the spider bite but whatever.
>>
>>84760822
>>84760649
Organic makes more sense of course. The cartridges he uses are relatively small. So if you say his body can't produce as much as his cartridges, then you're probably retarded. You can easily store that much substance in your body.

It's far more likely that he can shoot web due to his spider powers, rather than actually create the webshooters. He might be smart and all, but creating a new substance, along with a reliable way of shooting it from your wrist, is crazy inventive. It's almost Mary Sue territory, to be lucky enough to have his powers, PLUS be that smart.
>>
>>84761870
Did the Spidey transformation enhance his intelligence? Only read some random issues when I was a kid.
>>
>>84761976
It gave him 2 inches where it counts
>>
>>84761608
Are you fucking serious? How does storing a material in his body magically give him an infinite amount of resources? Do you shit infinitely, just because your body produces shit? No? Thought so, because that's retarded. So why would Spider Man have infinite webbing, just because his body produces it? Come the fuck on, dude.
>>
>>84761900
i think in the comics he was a biochemical or biophysics major in college, which makes total sense considering his abilities, but then he teaches back at his high school later on as a science teacher

>>84761976
no, he was always naturally gifted. he just grew up poorer, so never had the resources to fully develop it with elite schooling, and always busy being spider-man
>>
>>84761974
>organic makes more sense
Dude, ignoring all of his other silly powers and focusing just on the web shooting it really doesn't. If you think it's realistic in anyway for the body to produce that much organic material that quickly you are too stupid to ever change your mind.
>>
1. he could have studied his own cells and come up with the compound to make web

2. the web fluid is in his body like a third layer of skin that makes him stick to walls, but he can use a mechanism to extract it through his veins and use it as web

>i wish marvel could write me a fat check for my creativity
>>
>>84761870
Well him being super smart would explain the connection to him with Doc Connors and adding a subtle/father relationship motif, but sadly Spider-Man and ASM didn't explore this
>>
>>84762035
if we're talking comic book "science" then it's not that far of a stretch

he has the proportional strength, speed, etc of a spider. so he would of course have the proportional ability to produce webbing for his mass ratio
>>
>>84762035
>realistic
there it is again. Is Wanda realistic? Is Vision?

An organic method implies easy replacement via sammiches, as opposed to fabricating exotic material by the gallons out of his bedroom.
>>
I hate the webslinging shit, its just a lazy excuse so he can run out/ malfunction at a critical point in the fight at the end of the cartoon/ film

You always know its about to happen, it's what i really hated about the cartoon as a kid.
>>
>gets bit by a spider
>only power he gets is strength and heightened awareness
>has to make his own web
>anyone with a high school chemistry background could invent this web
Why aren't the cops running around with web guns? Why doesn't ironman have armies of web shooting iron man suits?

#tobyheads #organicwebs
>>
>>84762035
What are you talking about? His little cartridges don't carry that much fluid in them. That's easily recoverable. And in fact, he could probably store more in his body than just a single cartridge.

You can drop a new batch of semen everyday, right? Your body isn't struggling to keep up is it? Well, do you think it's so fucking hard for the body to build up a few more batches of semen in one day? It could probably do it easily, if it was designed to.
>>
>>84761976
I don't think it's every explicitly stated, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility given how much the rest of his body and reflexes were enhanced. But he was always gifted in science, he just never had the right environment. But that's why his relationship with Dr. Connors was important to him.
>>
>>84762119
>skyscrapers worth of webbing
>instantly shoots out every time he takes a swing
>sure bud
>>
>>84762119
>You can drop a new batch of semen everyday, right? Your body isn't struggling to keep up is it?
If I shot web every day I wind up dribbling web instead
>>
>>84760649
Organic is clearly best, but that's not to say he shouldn't use technology
>>
>>84762119
the semen is actually a good comparison

your balls are always making a shitload of sperm, you won't run out after an orgasm

it's just after you cum your refractory period hits and you have to wait for recovery to get hard again. but it's not that you "ran out" of sperm and have to wait for your balls not to be drained

so you could apply similar logic to webbing
>>
>>84762112
Like when a strong enemy grabs him by the wrists and crushes his webshooters?
>>
>>84762195
>it's just after you cum your refractory period hits and you have to wait for recovery to get hard again
If you're a pleb
>>
>>84762169
i always preferred the suggestion that his body made the webbing but he made the shooters to modify the streams, impact webbing, different settings

best of both worlds, still get to show off his intellect
>>
>>84762195
>so you could apply similar logic to webbing
no because that 100th webshot would just sort of fall out of his wrist, he would be spent
>>
organic webs are better. if you can just create them then anyone can be a web slinger.
>>
>>84762153
>>84762155
>Cartridge the size of an EpiPen.
>Shoots a skyscraper worth or webbing.
>Isn't instantly emptied, and can in fact continue to shoot more skyscraper worths of webbing.
Huh.... It's almost like the webbing is a lot more voluminous when it's ejected, than what's actually inside the cartridge.
>>
>>84762251
His fat friend literally was in one scene
>>
>>84762231
everybody has a refractory period

doesn't matter if it's 5 mins long or an hour, but either way your balls aren't running low on sperm. it's the chemical release post-orgasm that makes you go soft

>>84762239
except webbing isn't an orgasm, a spider could have eaten nothing for days but still build a giant ass web out and not pass out
>>
>>84762280
I can generally cum twice, may be the years of being alone.
>>
Part of the reason why his cartridge web is important is that he designed it to break down and dissolve after a few hours, so he doesn't leave all of Manhattan covered in gross webs.
>>
Peter Parker has a genius level IQ, so he is similar to Stark who created an arc reactor out of fucking scraps in a cave.
The cartridges shoot tiny bits of liquid that greatly expand when exposed to air.
>>
>>84762299
then you're having one long orgasm, with a X second delay between cumshots

men are biologically incapable of having a multiple orgasm. you can one or maybe 2 after your first one in quick succession, but they count as separate ones not like womens'
>>
>>84762358
Why do virgins think they are experts of sexual biology?
>>
>>84762356
stark is definitely smarter than peter, maybe even a standard deviation ahead of him. not to say peter isn't a genius, but stark is top 5 on the planet, peter would probably be top 25 if he had a rich upbringing, going to ivy league schools, etc
>>
>>84762115
This. Why the fuck would a hero named Spider-Man only develop heightened awareness and strength? He might as well just be called Chemistry-Man.
>>
>>84762260
I think you're confused here... this was about mechanical web shooters being slightly more likely vs organic.
>>
>>84762382
i don't know you'd have to ask one
>>
>>84762434
Nigga everyone on 4chan is a virgin
>>
>>84762408
He just really likes spiders, man.
>>
>>84762408
Why doesn't Captain America shoot everyone and eat burgers constantly?
>>
>>84762424
I'm not confused.
You(or whomever) implied that organic webbing wouldn't have enough juice to fire the same amount of volume of webbing at the same speed of a web shooter.
So I argued back, by pointing out how the effects of the web actually allow a large coverage, from a small amount of juice. And by understanding how the webbing actually gets a lot from a small amount, it's equally plausible that it could work the same way organically, or synthetically. The only limitation here, seems to be one's imagination.
>>
>>84761579
They show toilets in the shows. YOu see wedge taking a piss
>>
>>84761974

you just have to look at spiders and see how much silk they can produce/hold at one time in comparison to their body
>>
Spíder-man powers aren't really spidery unless under of the spider transformations he has. Sticking to walls, spider sense, super strengh etc were all due to other things but passed by that spider. Him sticking to wall for example, is some magnectic emission he does from his skin.
Thats why he shouldn't shoot webs naturally
>>
>>84762621
No you don't. Why would you do that? Peter should produce whatever amount of webbing is most dramatic.
>>
>>84762456
Speak for yourself, loser.
>>
>>84761158
when was the last time you saw a spider tarzan-swing around the room on projectile strands of web?
>>
File: physics_of_spider_mans_web.jpg (10KB, 532x214px) Image search: [Google]
physics_of_spider_mans_web.jpg
10KB, 532x214px
>>84762504
>>84762621
Look, I can't emphasize just how impractical mechanical or organic would be if you truly want to apply science to a comic book.
https://www.wired.com/2014/04/the-physics-of-spider-mans-webs/
>Well, then how big of a container would he need to have a reasonable number of shots? Let’s say he wants 50 uses of the web for each hand. If I were Spider-Man, that’s what I would want. In that case, we can find the web volume estimation by a factor of 50. That gives a total volume (per hand) of 0.00314 m^3
>mechanical
>nanotube
>50 shots
>>
>>84762800
How does he afford all this shot web if he has to make it out of nanotubes

that shit is not exactly cheap to make.
>>
>>84760822
Tiny spiders make huge webs just fine. This post is retarded.
>>
>>84761974
>he cartridges he uses are relatively small. So if you say his body can't produce as much as his cartridges, then you're probably retarded. You can easily store that much substance in your body.
The web fluid in the webshooter cartridges is compressed and stored at 300psi, which is part of why it can be shot like a projectile and not just slowly spun out like an actual spider's. It's also why what seems like a large amount of material is able to be stored in a relatively small cartridge. There is no structure in the body designed to hold liquids at anywhere near that level of pressure.
>>
>>84762659
You wouldn't be here if you weren't an autistic virgin
>>
>>84761624
kek
>>
>>84762774
Close enough. Spiders are awesome.

https://youtu.be/nlRkwuAcUd4
>>
Organic.

Hes fucking spider man, he does whatever a spider can, including making his own webs.

Why the hell does he have strength, spidey senses, and wall climbing without have what spiders are most known for?
>>
>>84762885
Spiderman can lift like huge fucking buildings and shit. Who are you to say what his physiology is capable of.
>>
>>84762800
>>84762649

I think it'd be fair to assume since a spider can spin a web much larger than it's size within a day. Spiderman would have enough in his body to do whatever he can without fear of running out of web organically.
>>
>>84762408
>Why the fuck would a hero named Spider-Man only develop heightened awareness and strength?
Also speed/agility and a minor healing factor (he doesn't regenerate like Wolverine, but still recovers from injuries and regains stamina at an accelerated rate)

also occasionally a writer gets a dumb idea and he undergoes an evolution that turns him into a man-spider, or goes into a cocoon and comes out with the ability to command literal spiders as well as spikes that extend from his wrists, or some other dumb shit that gets retconned ASAP
>>
>>84762876
The author of that article used nanotubing as an example of the thinnest material that could be stored (known by science right now) and is also strong enough to withstand the forces exerted by swinging on it.
>>84762884
Oh didn't notice all those spiders shooting silk out at mach speed.
>>
>>84762885
While that's a good point. I do have to contend that radioactive spider dna accounts for his seemingly impossible physiology.
>>
>>84763000
Spiders take an hour to set up a web. When they spin silk, they do it slowly. Shit takes time.
>>
File: 1494800405219.jpg (220KB, 900x1122px) Image search: [Google]
1494800405219.jpg
220KB, 900x1122px
>>84760649
peter designed his web shooter so the trigger works just like a that he wouldn't accidentally fire computer's mouse. he must tap them every time he made a fist. twice in rapid succcesion to resting in the palm of his hand, release his webbing
>>
>THE NEXT DAY. Tight on Peter as he wakes up. He opens his eyes cautiously. Not knowing what to expect. PULL BACK to reveal that he is still in bed. All is normal. He breaths a sigh of relief. In fact... he feels pretty good. Lots of energy. He pulls back the covers and...
>Something is causing the sheet to stick to him. He lifts it, revealing a sticky, white mass completely covering him, gluing him to his bedding. It is some silky substance webbing him into the covers. He cries out in dismay... struggling to free himself from the gluey strands. Where did it come from? He notices his wrists...
>They are oozing a pearlescent white fluid from almost invisible slits about a quarter of an inch long. He pushes on the skin next to one of the slits and... a dark shape, the size and color of a rose-thorn... emerges from beneath the skin. It shoots a jet of liquid silk into his face.
>Peter screams at the top of his lungs.
cum
>>
Organic web slingers make absolutely no sense from an origin point of view, but mechanical ones still make ALMOST no sense due to the extreme level of engineering required for a fucking high school kid to pull that off.

As for real world feasibility, I see an organic spiderman as far more probable. He doesn't have to store his webbing in his wrists, it could be held in a new organ and just piped through to his arms. The fine control needed for different types of shot could be far more easily controlled using a nerve system over a fucking button press. Meanwhile, mechanical webbing is greatly limited by space, with an inconvenient firing system that would be plagued with false positives.
>>
>>84763035
Ur a fag
https://youtu.be/wk9xoPhcaUY

>inb4 it's not 1:1 with a comic superhero
See previous statement
>>
>>84763120
Sorry m8 to be the one to tell you this but I think your dog is retarded
>>
>>84763120
DON'T DEAD, OPEN INSIDE
>>
>>84763170
Cool example. Wonder how long the spider could sustain it?
>inb4 it's not 1:1 with a comic superhero
Yeah because it's shooting out strands right next to spider.
>Positioned right next to the target.
Which brings up another good point. Is it even biologically conceivable to eject webbing several stories high at mach speed?
>>
>>84760649
regardless of which one makes more sense, organic is always more fun
>>
This is more of a /co/ meme, but someone at Marvel a few years back was trying to come up with "realistic" answers for certain of the X-Men's powers.

They explained for example that Cyclops doesn't actually generate blasts from his eyes--his eyes are just open portals to a dimension of pure force, so when he opens his eyes the force blasts out of those portals.

In a similar vein, it was decided that Wolverine doesn't actually spontaneously generate matter out of nothing to heal his wounds, his body has the ability to summon organic matter from an alternate dimension where it already exists.

The shorthand is "punches from the punch dimension, meat from the meat dimension"

A good solution would be for Peter's webs not to come from reservoirs in his body that would require constant nutrition and impossible bodily structures to maintain, or from a home-designed system of unrealistically small pressurized cartridges containing a substance he somehow invented in high school lab. Make the web shooters function on a principal like Mutant powers. They are wrist mounted portals that pull Webs from the Web dimension. You can tie the whole thing into Doctor Strange and Madame Web weirdness.
>>
>>84763141
>mechanical ones still make ALMOST no sense due to the extreme level of engineering required for a fucking high school kid to pull that off.
It's a fictional universe. And in that same universe, Tony Stark was developing complicated robots at the same age.
>>
>>84763324
Tony Stark had a hi-tech lab worth billions. Spidey had his aunt's fucking basement.
>>
>>84763297
So the spider bite caused inter dimensional portals to open inside Parker's wrists?
Makes as much sense as any other explanation.
>>
>>84760649
the only thing I can think about with organic shooters is that if his cum would acquire the same sticky abilities
>>
>>84760839
Right, but the superstrength and inhuman reflexes you can overlook?
>>
>>84763345
Okay so what about Tony building the Mk 1 in a cave? Or Whiplash building his rig in a scummy Russian apartment?
>>
>>84762408
well why the fuck would he grow spinnerets on his wrists instead of his ass? Spiders don't get eight different spinnerets on their legs, they get one on their ass.
>>
File: selling fluid.jpg (132KB, 564x558px) Image search: [Google]
selling fluid.jpg
132KB, 564x558px
>>84761108
This was literally dealt within the first thirty issues of the comic.
The web dissolves after and hour or two, and nobody wanted to buy it and Peter couldn't reformulate it fast enough to make the money he needed.
>>
File: 1387937084851.jpg (71KB, 531x490px) Image search: [Google]
1387937084851.jpg
71KB, 531x490px
>>84760839
>>84763383
>>
Anyone else love that he reloads his webshooters constantly throughout the film with accompanying sound effects? That shit was satisfying.
>>
>>84760649
Organic never made sense desu raimi is retard desu ne
>>
>>84764077
Raime is an emotional director. Everything is about emotions of the characters. It makes sense for his version of spider-man.

To say either one makes too little sense is stupid.
>>
>>84761006
Well he always shown eating something
>>
>>84761675
He did in the comicsand the animu
>>
>>84760649

it's fucking retarded that his spider themed powers dont include generating webbing and it's also fucking retarded that some 15 year old nerd can invent some miracle web shooting material but to be honest having to reload his webshooters, put them on and running out of them and such is good for the story so its not something he always has and can be in more peril
>>
>>84760822
well I remember a scene in Andrew Garfield spiderman where he comes back home from a session of crimefighting and takes a shitton of food, and when aunt may sees him he's like I GOT EXAMS :^)
>>
In Homecoming, could Peter stick to walls or was it the suit?
>>
>>84761568
Any keywords so I can search for it on the archive? Sounds awesome.
>>
>>84764290
The suit :^)
>>
>>84761974
This. How the fuck can you retards accept shooting massive laserbeams or lightning but not web? Spiders are tiny and make a lot of web. So what if Peter has to eat a bunch of pizzas to explain it.
>>
what if spiderman had organic webbing but from his dick so he shoots web when he faps but the cleanup is too tough so he stops masturbating but gets angry all the time so becomes a villain
>>
>>84762408
He has radioactive blood that gives cancer to anyone he bleeds on
>>
>>84760649
shooters because it gives him a chance to showcase his intelligence plus it gives the writer a way to make him run out of web at inconvenient times
>>
File: 1416180630756.gif (1MB, 195x229px) Image search: [Google]
1416180630756.gif
1MB, 195x229px
>>84760693
>Web shooters make more sense
>In a world were a guy shoots bullshit lasers out of his eyes
Hold up, I'm about to loose my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>84764653
>What is Spiderman 2
>>
>>84764585
It's not just pure mass that's needed, but also the quick speed at which he needs to eject the webbing. A mechanical device could shoot a thin material 7+ stories high. Doing that out of some glands in the wrist? Doubt.jpeg
>>
>>84760649
Web shooters are slightly more stupid as it makes it extremely convenient that the one person bitten by a mutant spider is also capable of making spider-themed artificial web guns as well
>>
>>84764695
>i'm depressed so my powers disappear
fuck that movie
>>
Consider that Spider-Man's ability to web swing is only effective in a place like New York.
>>
>>84764725
>What's this character development doing in my capeshit
>>
>>84764740
For going long distances, but swinging is only part of his web's usefulness and he could probably swing along powerlines or some bullshit.
>>
>>84763705
Does rain reduce the stickiness of the webbing? If all the surfaces are soaked wouldn't he have a harder time getting the webbing to stick?
>>
>>84760649
organic because at least you're sticking with the principle that nothing needs a physical explanation since it's "superpowers".

As soon as you try to rationalize it using the physical laws we know of, it falls a part.

You couldn't hurl a continuous fluid projectile at such speed without a tremendous amount of force - force that would shatter your arm and that would require a sizable tank of fuel to generate the thrust required. Not something that you can just fit onto your arm inconspicuously.

Plus fluids are easily deformable (hence fluid), have a large surface area by mass, with soft edges - all of which are extremely poor aerodynamic characteristics. The projectile wouldn't go very far before being caught by the air or a gust of wind. It doesn't have the density to retain its inertia.
>>
>>84762115
If you ask that you can ask why falcon uses his lame wings when iron Man could make him a better falcon themed iron Man suit or why Stark didn't have an iron Man suit prepared for the weaker avengers so they can help against the stronger enemies.
>>
>>84765058
Why doesn't Stark make suits for all the regular heroes without powers?
I think I'm done with this contrived capeshit.
>>
>>84762939
fucking hell evolution, you crazy
>>
File: 1430420106300.jpg (8KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1430420106300.jpg
8KB, 250x238px
Is this one of those threads where autistic armchair pseudo-scientists try to prove how smart they are by arguing over completely imaginary and hypothetical concepts?
>>
>>84760780
How do they do that? You can't have a ''''''scientific'''''' explanation for Web shooting but not explain that.
>>
>>84764971
>Plus fluids are easily deformable (hence fluid), have a large surface area by mass, with soft edges - all of which are extremely poor aerodynamic characteristics

It shoots out like a jet of water, and it solidifies into a rubbery solid after that. Does that change anything?
>>
>>84765166
Yes and even stupider people will pretend they are above it by posting frogs.
>>
>>84765166
welcome to 4chan
>>
Organic

If you are going web shooters you might as well go full iron man because that is the best mechanical weaponry that exists other than the tesseract(I think).
>>
>>84760693
>before it erupts and he hides it in his desk

This some kind of puberty metaphor?
>>
>>84761006

His X-gene obviously draws energy from an alternate dimension, duh.
>>
File: download_2.jpg (8KB, 206x156px) Image search: [Google]
download_2.jpg
8KB, 206x156px
>>84760780
>>
>>84761108

How does Spider-man patent his web-fluid AND keep his secret identity?
>>
I always thought having web shooters was a testament to Parker's intellect, so I don't think it's that big of a deal.
>>
>>84765198
Its all part of the upgrades from tony Stark.
>>
>>84761801
>all of these philistines forgetting the best iteration
In ultimate spider-man it's explained by the fact that his father, a world renowned chemical engineer, spent his life trying to concoct this fluid. He came close, but was unable to finish his research due to sudden death. Peter, a prodigy don't forget, inherits his father's notes and manages to do the final bit of the legwork himself. Basically, the comic shows that the formula was being researched for decades prior to Peter coming along and inputting the remaining data. It's his father who discovers how to make web-fluid; a man with access to the best equipment, resources and a life spent in study.
>>
File: too much power.png (551KB, 964x912px) Image search: [Google]
too much power.png
551KB, 964x912px
>>84765290
>>
>>84765337
He would use his aunt's back account in his company
>>
So organic, supplemented with a mechanical devise would be best?
>>
>>84763363
Your cum isn't already super-sticky? Pleb.
>>
>>84765503
What if spidey did roids? He'd be a superior version of himself. And if he did it with the symbiote hooo mama.
>>
>>84765149
>fucking hell evolution, you crazy
If anyone can watch that and think it's a product of evolution they're literally retarded.
>>
>>84760649
organic web shooters are retarded and disgusting.
>>
>>84760649
I always preferred the organic one since if you go with web shooters there are only very little spider based superpowers left that Spidy got form the radioactive spider. Spidy sense is a made up thing and crawling is something that lot´s of animals and insects can do.
Shooting webs is the most spider thing about him.
>>
>>84765523
Yeah, a magical elf designed it!
>>
>>84765363

In fact, it's a good thing that it does show Pete's intellect, as there's quite a lot of comicbook (super-) science in Spidey stories.
>>
>>84762954
Everyone using this argument never seems to question his lack of fangs and venom glands too. I guess the spider bite wasn't enough to give him new organs and shit.
>>
>>84760649
>Peter designed his web-shooters so the trigger works just like a that he wouldn't accidentally fire computer's mouse. He must tap them every time he made a fist. twice in rapid succession to Resting in the palm of his hand, release his webbing.
>>
>do they explain it in Homecoming?

Peter steals chemicals from his school to make the compound and stashes it under his locker. While the suit he got from Tony has highly advanced web shooters, they're made based on Peter's original, crude design that can only do the standard web line.

The web is shown to be a volatile, expanding foam. So it isn't that unlikely that he'd made the web shooters act as a simple crank and vent for it.
>>
>>84761054
>and he can eat it fast

Kinda defeats the purpose.
>>
>>84760822
>he doesn't know about webs from the web dimension
point at him and laugh
>>
You guys are having a serious discussion about this. lmao

Re-evaluate your lives.
>>
>>84760839
>ass
Actually the most likely body parts to produce webs would be his nipples or salivary glands.
>>
>>84765393
>dad's lifes work is making web fluid
>son coincidentally gets spider powers and his dad's web fluid is coincidentally the perfect thing to complement these new powers

>best iteration

ok
>>
File: christan spots his stunt double.jpg (46KB, 385x381px) Image search: [Google]
christan spots his stunt double.jpg
46KB, 385x381px
>>84766666
>>
File: 1497368589834.jpg (25KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1497368589834.jpg
25KB, 492x449px
>>84760649
Organic

I'm fucking sick of Superheroes without any supernatural abilities
>>
>>84766876
Although I guess Spiderman has supernatural strength and agility and sticky fibers on his fingers and toes
>>
>>84761006
They acknowledge this in The Flash tv show.
>>
>>84760649
If it was organic wouldn't he be shooting it out of his taint?
>>
What i dont understand is why does the web spidey shoots always have little knots on them in the comics? I understand the "design" aspect of it but why do they make sense exactly?
>>
>>84766876
Of the past decade of capeshit we've had
>Thor
>Doctor Strange
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Aquaman
>some Suicide Squad members
>The Flash (kind of)
>>
File: louis test.jpg (34KB, 334x500px) Image search: [Google]
louis test.jpg
34KB, 334x500px
>>84767636
Yeah see I agree with this, realistically it should be channeled from his arse, maybe then it can be stored in a container for quick use, or maybe it is just accelerated by spinning wheels or air compression out of a device on his wrist
>>
>>84760649
>organic vs web shooters
I don't have much of a preference either way. I will say this: with web shooters, they're always breaking down or running out of fluid and it's kind of annoying to see that get pulled all the time. They even do that in the new movie.

>which makes more sense?
Neither "make more sense" because it's a comic book story where a kid gets bitten by a radioactive spider and fights an octopus man and a vulture man and a scorpion man.

>do they explain it in Homecoming?
It was explained in Civil War that Peter made his own web shooters, and they show him making web fluid and stuff with the web shooters in Homecoming.

>>84765198
There's no real "scientific" explanation for web shooting, though. It's just "Peter made the web shooters because he's smart and exists in a world where Tony Stark built an Iron Man suit in a cave with a box of scraps." In this case, Tony Stark made upgrades to his web shooters that give him something like 500 different settings (although we only see a few).
>>
>>84761870
Being a genius still doesn't mean you can just pull shit out of your ass. To invent something like the web fluid you would need a little more than a high school lab.
>>
organic, duh

>high school student can manufacture organic-like tissue strong enough to lift cars

No.
>>
>>84760822
Yeah let's talk about calories intake talking about a hero who lifts buses.
>>
>>84767797
>Being a genius still doesn't mean you can just pull shit out of your ass. To invent something like the web fluid you would need a little more than a high school lab.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtntTvuv8Aw
>>
>>84762885
>psi
>pound(?) per square inch (?)
Do americans really do that?
>>
File: piderman.jpg (79KB, 471x833px) Image search: [Google]
piderman.jpg
79KB, 471x833px
>>84760649
I don't like organic because it means he has some kind of creepy web shooting organs in his wrist and is constantly consuming calories to shoot webs all over the place.

I don't like web shooters because it means his powers are barely spidery at all. The only other spidery power he has is sticking to walls. The rest is just super strength, agility, and keen senses. Also it means he runs out of webs mid swing sometimes and has to rely on cartridge reloading which is kinda lame.

I think I lean towards web shooters though. I'm not sure why. It's about the feel I guess.
>>
>>84760753
Getting another spider like power naturally after getting everything else a spider can is apparently stupid.

Funny thing is Stan Lee liked the idea.
>>
>>84767961
well, the terrorists were supplying him with literally anything he could want, while peter is limited to household products, at least if he's operating solo and not with the avengers
>>
>>84760822
a real spider produces shitloads of web just from eating flies. Spiderman usually produces nothing but two "ropes" that he swings from building to building with. I can see easily see that being sustained by some standard meals. Organic FTW. He has spider DNA, and is technically part spider, get over it already.
>>
>>84767961
In The Amazing Spiderman movies they explained this by having the webbing be something developed by Oscorp. Peter just made the shooters.

But the marvel cinematic universe did away with that in Civil War.
>>
>>84768391
He shoots loads of those two ropes though. And they're pretty thick ropes that are super long. He'd run out of mass pretty quick. I mean how much can you shit in a day? That's how much you have to work with.
>>
>>84760649
>capeshit
>>
>>84768458
>And they're pretty thick ropes
No they're not, they have fractal crystalline microstructures, it's 99% air.
>>
>>84768458
Spiderweb is the most elastic material in the world. Its mass is quite low compared to it's potential. Also, it's been a long time since I saw Spiderman, but doesn't he 'suck' the rope back in after he releases it?
>>
>>84768458
How does wolverine walk around with a skeleton of enclosed metal that would most certainly kill him despite his healing factor since your skeleton has shit like bone marrow in it that definitely can not be encased in solid unbreakable metal?

Fuck off, it's capeshit.
>>
>>84768376
>the terrorists were supplying him with literally anything he could want
Box. Of. Scraps.

Just fucking get over it, it's a fucking movie where a kid can lift cars because a spider bit him you fucking autistic retard.
>>
>People can believe two little things on his wrist can hold enough web for a grown man to swing from buildings on
>have a problem with his body creating web organically
>>
File: whut.jpg (25KB, 441x463px) Image search: [Google]
whut.jpg
25KB, 441x463px
>>84768563
>doesn't he 'suck' the rope back in after he releases it?
n...no
I didn't even know anyone ever thought that.
>>
>>84768376
He built a literal miracle device that supplies him with unlimited power with a box of metal.

Fuck you.
>>
>>84760649
>random kid gets bitten by radioactive spider that gives him powers
Now choose 1 or 2:
>he also independently invents a compact fluid that can be used to create webs which dissolve
>he also independently creates a compact mechanism to shoot this fluid very far
>one of his powers is shooting webs
>>
>>84768593
>here, build a missile with a box of scraps

No.
>>
damn I wish I had his superpowers so that I could beat all of my bullies and also black people
>>
File: infinitygauntlet.jpg (206KB, 1024x663px) Image search: [Google]
infinitygauntlet.jpg
206KB, 1024x663px
Can we talk about the Infinity Gauntlet /tv/?
As someone who's never read the comics, can somebody explain to me how Thanos with the completed Infinity Gauntlet can be stopped.
In GotG, smaller Thanos could use one infinity stone to wipe out an entire planet. With that kind of power why would the others even be necessary? I can't see the stakes of the movie getting bigger than that. Sure he could wipe out MORE planets but the audience only knows and cares about earth so there's no extra tension.
Considering how much the Infinity War story has been teased and hyped I don't see it living up to expectations when the only tension comes from the bad guy being BIGGER and BADDER than the last guy.
I've heard in the comics that Thanos uses the gauntlet to wipe out half the life in the universe but that's just billions of nameless faceless people we never meet and don't care about. How can we have any stake in this movie when the villain is so overpowered that there is no reason at all for him to not kill all the heroes instantly other than stupidity.
Has Marvel bitten off more than they can chew with this plotline?
>>
File: 1498377449990.png (175KB, 384x390px) Image search: [Google]
1498377449990.png
175KB, 384x390px
>>84767719
I think you might've nailed why I give 0 shits about the Avengersverse, only Thor is supernatural and he's like the lamest out of all of them character-wise

Iron-Man suit is objectively cool, but after Iron-Man 2 it got boring
>>
>>84762235
This sounds like the best idea. We could have it so that his wrists organically produce webbing, but they do it slowly, like, a real spider, so Peter then uses web shooters to drug his wrists into shooting out web instantly.
>>
>>84760649
Organic
You already gained other magical powers from a mutant spider
Spiders can naturally weave webs so what's the problem
Web Shooters seem like to much of a hassle not to mention resource consuming as fuck
>>
>>84769004
Obession and pride is his downfall. Go read the comics, you can read it online. I fucking love Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>84765319
Literally the flash. And even the flash is always eating.
>>
>>84761739
and also develop a skeleton outside his skin
and his muscles should dissolve and become replaced by hemolymph
and
>>
>>84761156
Get help
>>
>>84764698
So what? Mutants in x men can do much bigger like grow a near infinite amount of spikes to throw, the massive amount of ice Iceman makes, the huge laser beam Cyclops can sustain for a good time. The Hulk fans several tons of weight in a minute.
Why couldn't he just have super fast glands? There are other capes with innate venom spitting powers but real poisonous animals don't store that much venom and make it at a slow rate. No one questions them.
>>
>>84771661
i think they've rarely addressed the cyclops eye beam sustaining, which is a good point you bring up. eventually he would get tired yes

ice man just creates ice from temperature manipulating the water vapor in the air around you, which is why he is power ranked as one of the most OP mutants, it's very hard to put him in an environment where there isn't some water

hulk is a good one, i have no comic science behind that one
>>
>>84762195
>conversation about semen
>switches to sperm which is 2% of semen
i bet this dumbass thinks semen comes from balls too since he brought them up
>>
File: 1332031868799.gif (200KB, 490x276px) Image search: [Google]
1332031868799.gif
200KB, 490x276px
>>84762358
>men are biologically incapable of having a multiple orgasm
ask me how i know youre a penis only pleb
>>
>>84771961
colloquially anon, most people assume semen is sperm, which of course isn't

but the point was that your body doesn't "run out" of fluids and need time to produce more before you can have sex again. which applies back to the "spidey would run out of web sac fluid" argument

organics make the most sense, but mechanical shooters to modify the stream is the best solution
>>
File: thanos.jpg (463KB, 800x1182px) Image search: [Google]
thanos.jpg
463KB, 800x1182px
>>84770502
>>
>>84760649
neither makes sense but i prefer web shooters because some dude shooting white stuff out of his body is disgusting.
>>
>>84772067
cheese and crackers!

i love wholesome comics
>>
>>84761006
>>84761054

Didn't it show he'd hoarded a fuckton of sugary shit in his basement in Days of Future Past?
>>
>>84772067
I want this to be the show-and-tell 4-year-old retelling of what happens in infinity war at the end of the credits
>>
>>84768376

>the terrorists were supplying him with literally anything he could want

Yes, to build a missile.

He proceeded to build a miniature reactor to power an improvised suit of battle armor.

Still stands
>>
>>84760649
ASM had the best web shooters.
Oscorp invented the webbing, it was a lightweight superstrong cable for pulling boats.
Peter just repurposed the containers it came in to fit on a wristwatch and for the material to be shot out.
>>
I like the webshooters because I like the idea that Peter's powers aren't really related to spiders apart from wall-clinging, he could really have been a generic hero but he chose the spider-man idea and created a tool to make him more "spiderlike". His unique circumstances means that only he could have been spider-man
and it shows off his boy genius side which fleshes him out a little more from just a high school student
>>
>>84762035

To be fair spiders can produce a fuckton of silk considering how small they are

I wouldn't have too much trouble believing that a human capable of producing spidersilk could create a fuckton based on an average, or above average calorie intake, especially supplemented by sci-fi capeshit magic fuckery.
>>
This board really has turned into reddit
>>
File: 1458999274619.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1458999274619.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>84763705
>that fucking dialog
>>
Organic. If you're going to make him get spider powers by being bit by a spider, at least make those powers noticeably spider like.
>>
>>84763363
that remind me, Peter radioactive cum will kill MJ in the future
>>
>>84761156
R--Raimi?
>>
File: tegaki.png (11KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tegaki.png
11KB, 400x400px
>>84773012
they are. hes strong and can stick to walls. what else do you want? not all spiders spin silk. just like not all spiders spit poison or how not all spiders bury themselves underground and have a specially designed ass that they use as a door and then jump out to surprise and catch prey
>>
>>84769004
Infinity gauntlet doesn't work outside of it's own universe, if someone who can travel between universes could get him to go with them they might have a fighting chance
>>
>>84769004
>i know nothing of this character or his motivations or what he can do or what he plans to do, but i will criticize him anyway
>>
>>84761006
This was the case for the Flash in Smallville, actually.
>>
>spider superpower 16yo dude can shoot spider web
>spider superpower 16yo dude can't shoot spider web so he has to invent a material that is a literal technological breakthrough, compress it into some kind of storage disks and then use a electro-mechanical system made to fit in his wrists that is capable of deploying the material on-demand

I never had an issue with biological spider web shooting because to me it sounds like a logical explanation.
>>
>>84773814
>I never had an issue with biological spider web shooting
you and all the people who like it only like it because of the raimi movies. thats it. so did i since i grew up with them. i thought shooters were stupid and hated how every spiderman had shooters. then i grew up and stopped being stupid. shooters are the only thing that make sense. organic webs are stupid. shooting them out of his wrists is even more stupid.
>but laser eyes
uh huh. so then why is it so hard to accept that hes smart and built shooters?
>>
The US military had been trying to manufacture spider Web material for decades and they can't do it. Peter Parker is smart, but he shouldn't be that smart that he can create the impossible. Not to mention the time it would take to manufacture them or how much materials he'll need
>>
>>84775036
>spider Web material
thats where youre wrong, and lots of other people are wrong for different reasons. first off, just because the government hasnt made it, doesnt mean it cant be built.

the government doesnt have ironman suits, but you dont complain about tony making one in a cave, with a box of scraps.

second, its not spider web. its just glue. people are trying to make spider silk themselves, yes. you are right. they havent been able to replicate it and make it better. but peter makes fucking glue. just glue. good glue. its just in the amazing spiderman where it actually is spider silk compressed into cartridges
>>
Where Spider Moon stores the tons of web in his body?
>>
>>84775244
>Don't complain about Tony making one in a cave
How autistic can you possibly be?
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.